Insults to Insults, I think we're even

Arrange Magic

Magic Trick 1

A playing card is randomly chosen from the pack. The card is then seen to bend back and forward wildly as if by magic.

“Tee hee,” I giggle at my amazed friends. “Woah,” they breathe out. I put my card down and grin.

“That’s all for today,” and lean back into my seat. “That’s what you get when your father is a famous magician,” they praise. I grin harder enjoying the praises.

“So that’s the famous Arrange Magic club,” somebody muse out loud. I peek from behind some of my friends and find a group of boys staring around them in wonders. Can’t really blame them though...it’s pretty amazing. I mean, wouldn’t it be amazing if you go into a room full of black drapes and a mini stage at the end of the room? I would.

“Shouldn’t you be at your clubs activities?” a member asks shyly. “Oh, we still haven’t chosen yet,” a guy explains kindly, smiling. The member faints like an old lady. Oh dear...wait...that voice sounds familiar...I shove my way through and smile gleefully.

“Amelia,” I call out in a sing song voice. “Huh?” she replies as she stops mid air putting a magician hat on her head. “Your boyfriend is here,” I .

“Onew?” she asks delightfully. I roll my eyes, “Who else?” then I gasp “Did you have an affair?!” I mock shockingly. She blushes and swats my arm, “NO!” she confirms firmly. I chuckle rubbing the sore spot, “Just checking,” I turn my head away as those two embrace each other. I roll my eyes at my other friends.

“So, what are you doing here?” I hear her ask Onew and his friends. “Well, we’re looking for a club,” he replies.

“Where’s Taemin?” Amelia looks behind Onew and search for a guy call Taemin.

“We got separated,” another guy explains. “By his hyperness, I’m pretty sure he fainted by now,” another chuckles. Then a rush of dust fly up and cloud around the door way.

“I chose the Divination club!” another guy excitedly says. “Taemin, you’re not Harry Potter!” a stern voice scolds. So that’s Taemin.

“Oh, this is Taemin. That’s Minho, Key, Jonghyun, Key and you met Onew,” Amelia introduces me. I wave while saying hi.

“I’m Eun Jung, nice to meet you guys. I’m the head of Arrange Magic Club,”

“Eun Jung, do some magic tricks,” Amelia asks excitedly. I hesitated but I pick up the card I put down earlier. “Abracadabra,” I wave my hand at the end of the card and the card moves, bending back and forward.

“Ooh,” my audience lets out, amaze.

“I wanna join this club!” Jonghyun claps in delight, looking at his other friends for approval.

“You are going to join, right, Onew?” Amelia whispers somewhat threatening at him. But he smiles like he’s use to it and nods. “Of course,” he replies which makes Amelia squeals happily.

“What? You’re all gonna join this club? What about me?” Taemin wails frantically.

“Didn’t you join the Divination Club?” Minho asks. “Yea, but I’m all alone!”

“Oh, don’t worry, you’ll be fine,” Jonghyun dismisses the topic. “Now, go back to your club,” he makes shooing motion with his hands towards the door.

“Be careful,” Key calls after him, in which Taemin yells back sarcastically “Yea, I’m being killed at school,” Key huffs, “Just saying,”

The bell rings and I clap my hands, “Clubs over, let’s go home!” I cheer and the rest of the students pack up and leave.

“But we just got here,” Jonghyun complains. Amelia pats on his shoulder, “Don’t worry, club activities are on every day,”

“Me and Onew are going to go first,” Amelia gleefully says, going out of the club’s door. “Bye,” we call after them.

“Well...I’m going to go first, see you tomorrow,” I break the awkward atmosphere and start to head home.

 

Key’s POV

When Eun Jung leave the room after Onew and his girlfriend, I immediately pick up her card which she made it bend up and down.

“Hey, what are you doing?” Jonghyun notices my movements. I grin slyly, “Getting the secret of magic,”

Minho stares wide eye at me, “You can just ask her, you know,” he comments as he looks at me examining the card.

“This trick is stupid; you just move this paper behind it. See? Even I can do it,” I scoff at the ridiculously easy trick.

“This feels wrong,” Jonghyun nervously rubs his hands together. “It’s not like we are stealing,” I reply back. I put down the card and examine the room.

“This isn’t even magic, this is just tricks,” I laugh at the simple ‘magic’.

“Oh, really? Conjure a rabbit out of the thin air, why don’t you,” somebody sarcastically replies. I jump in the air in surprise, “Jesus! You scared me! At least knock before entering,” I turn around to see Jonghyun and Minho silently saying ‘Shut up’

I see Eun Jung standing at the entrance. She raises her eyebrows at me and gesture to the entrance.

“Knock?” she says sceptically. “It’s all curtains!” she snarls. The rest of us are taken back.

“And scaring you? You insulted me! So I think we are even,” she firmly says before advancing towards me.

“W-what are you doing?” I stumble back as she walks towards me. She reaches out near my waist. “Seriously! What are you doing?” I yell. “I’m warning you, don’t do anything inappropri-“

She snatches something from behind me, and reveals to me that it’s a shoulder bag. “And I’m warning you, don’t say anything inappropriate in this room!” she hisses. I gulp in fear. Her melting chocolate brown eyes stare furiously at me before twirling around and stomp out of the room.

“Bi-polar much?” I suggest to Minho and Jonghyun. Minho shrugs “Don’t drag me into your problems, hyung.”