A surprise party

Arrange Magic

Magic Trick 10

Speak of the devil.

The bickering all stops when Key stands in front of us. “Don’t I get to sit down?” he complains. Taemin dashes out and comes back pulling a chair behind him. “Thanks,” Key lowers himself down.

“How are you feeling?” Amelia asks concern. Key chuckles, “My, aren’t you nice?”

Amelia scowls, “Curse my motherly instinct,”

“What were you saying before?” Minho brings up the subject again.

“I met her during Christmas, trying to buy presents for you guys. I bump into her and we just felt like we met for years. Anyway, I didn’t get her name until she transferred over to my school,” Key starts.

“Psh, it’s those student transferred love story,” Onew mutters. “This isn’t drama, this is life,” Key snaps back. Onew puts up his hand in surrender.

“We date for a while, but I should have realised why she was avoiding me.” Key falls silent.

“I’m going to scream if you said that she cheated on you,” Onew warns. “It’s always a classic,”

“Oh, as if your relationship doesn’t seems like drama,” Key scoffs back. We look at Amelia and Onew. “Yea, how did you guys met?” I wonder out loud. “Er,” Amelia stalls. “Anyway, who’s telling the story” Key cuts in.

“I got friends from all the grades in the school and I’m friends with Joo Young’s little sister’s friends. He overheard that she’s going to…you know, and I thought, why has the trouble? So I dump her instead,” he finish. Onew rushes from the table and goes outside, and through the window we all see him screaming. Then he turns to the window and faintly says, “Ok! I’m done!” then he rushes back in.

“And got labeled as a bad guy,” Minho adds. “But why did she want to dump you in the first place anyway?” Jonghyun asks, interested.

“Duh, because she cheated on him and since he’s a nice guy, she doesn’t want to bother his ‘reputation’” I stab the potato and offer it questionably to Jonghyun.

“How did you know?” Key stares at me. I shrug, “Divination?”

“No, seriously, how did you know?” Key pressures. “I told you, divination!” I snap back. Taemin nods in agreement, Key sighs, “Not you too, Taemin?”

“Remember the first time Amelia went to my club?” Taemin starts to explain. Key rolls his eyes to the ceiling to think then he shakes his head, “Nope,”

“Remember the time I pour ice cubes down your back?” I suggest then Key brightens up and yells out a “Hell yes!”

“Yea, that day,” Taemin continues. “You guys asked us what we saw in the tea leaves and crystal ball. Well, we saw that in the crystal ball,” Taemin looks around us.

“Then what did you see in the tea leaves?” Amelia probes.

“Let me guess, a secret?” Onew asks. “You should really go to that Divination club,” Amelia suggests. Onew pretends to vomit on the side.

I glance at Key and cup my face with my hands, “Another question,” I see him rolls his eyes, “Am I not going to be surprise that it’s not related to trigonometry?”

“Not really. Why did you call me Joo Young?” I look closely at his reaction. His jaw tightens and his eyes narrow just a bit and his glares intensify. What got him so worked up?

“Maybe it was the concussion,” he finally replies.

“Or because he likes you like Joo Young,” Jonghyun whispers into my ear. I scoff at his direction and give him an I-don’t-believe-it look.

“Oh, believe it. Maybe you should check the crystal ball again.” He winks back and grabs Onew un-open drink.

“Hey! You owned me food,” Jonghyun warns at the silent protesting Onew.

“Here,” Amelia pushes her drink towards her boyfriend. “Have mine,”

Him? Like me in the way he likes Joo Young? Yuck, don’t involve me.

[♥] [♦] [♣] [♠]

“I’m home,” I call out and my voice comes bouncing back towards me. I sigh, not home huh? “Dad?” I yell out as I drop my bag onto a random place and shuffle my feet into slippers.

“Mum?” I cautiously say. I sigh exasperatedly, “Anyone?”

“Hi!” A head pops into my view and I scream. The head frowns, “That’s not a very nice way to greet someone,”

I shake my head, pointing at the head. “Why are you here?!” I clutch my hammering heart. The head to the left.

“No, screw that. How did you come in?!” I shout.

“Through the door?” it answers back, confusion lace in its voice.

“Kim Kibum! Get out!” I grab his arm and shove him towards the door. “But, but,” he lamely protests.

“No buts!” I roar back.

“I invited him to come over, calm down,” a voice explains and I let go of Key. He sighs in relieve and rubs his next because I pulled his collar.

“And Dad, why did you invite him? Do you even know him?” I raise my eyebrows at him. “Not directly, but you were yelling so much about this Key that I thought you lost your keys. So I asked Amelia about it when I realise you still have your keys,” he raises his eyebrows back at me.

“Boo!” Amelia screams and hugs me. “Traitor,” I bluntly greet her. She pouts, “Don’t be like that, you know I still love you,” she hugs me tighter then let go to look at me in the face. “Figuratively,” she grins and hugs me again.

I laugh, “Of course figuratively, else Onew over there will be jealous,” I sing. “Wait, Onew?” I do a take back and from behind Onew come Jonghyun.

“Yo, nice house you got here,” I stare at them both. “Is it safe to say the rest are here too?” I ask, peering behind Jonghyun. He grins and steps away.

“Hi,” Minho and Taemin waves. I look behind them, “Am I expecting the whole class to be here?” I inquire. Amelia shakes her head, “Nah, just us,”

“So,” I look at them, “What are you doing here?” My dad shrugs, “Partying? Because I’m leaving today,” I smile slightly at them. “Yea,”

“Well,” my Dad ushers us into the kitchen, “Go there, I’ll be right back,” he promises. I shrug, it’s not like he’s going anywhere.

I stare in awe of the food laid out in front of us. Key whistles, “You are pretty rich,” Amelia laughs, “You obviously haven’t seen her bedroom yet,”

They smile expectantly at me. “No,” I bluntly reject them. “I’m not inviting boys to my room, you might damage the room,”

Amelia rolls her eyes, “Puh-lease, we did an experiment and it was fine even though the bomb went off,”

“That’s because we did it in the garage,” I tell her. She looks back at me, “Oh…really?”

“Eun Jung,” my father enters the kitchen room and from behind he’s back he gives me a wrap box.

“Happy Early Birthday,” they all cheer. I smile and shake the box. “You can’t open it until it’s your actual birthday,” my father warns and hugs me.

“I’m going to miss you,” he whispers. “I’m going to too,” I whisper back, hugging him back.

[♥] [♦] [♣] [♠]

“See you tomorrow,” I wave to my departing friends with my dad beside me. “You better work hard tomorrow!” Key yells over his shoulder. I roll my eyes, that kid thinks about trigonometry every second of the day.

“Whatever!” I yell at his retreating back.

Key’s POV

I smile to myself as I hear a gibberish that Eun Jung yelled. I glance back to her house as I hear the door close shut. I smirk when I remember her room that she reluctantly showed us. It is like the exact place of her club. Black curtains everywhere that rises up and down when she wants it to. She’s one heck of a magic obsessed girl. The sly smile or grin when she reveals a trick. The graceful distracting arm to lure us into the show. Her soft gentle voice when explaining how a magician should act. Her frowning frustrated face when she tries to figure out math.

“Key?” a soft voice interrupts my thoughts and I immediately mental slap myself. What was I thinking?! I blink at the person in front of me and another train of thoughts begins which just involve one sentence;

Why are you here?

__________________________________________________________________________

Anybody? Hello? Comment? Subscribe?

:D