A hug is what made the difference

Arrange Magic

Magic Trick 18

Taemin’s POV

“Ah, wait, Minho,” I call out desperately to him. He turns around with a pile of boxes in his hand. “I think my mobile is ringing,” I explain as I try to juggle my pile of boxes.

“Uh, where do I put them, where do I put them?” I call out frantically, jumping around the spot. “What’s wrong with you?” Minho comes in closer.

“Phone, phone. It’s tickling me!” I squeak out and I end up dumping the pile of boxes in his arms.

“Oomph, thank you,” he replies sarcastically behind the boxes.

“FINALLY!” Key roars after I say, “Hello?”

“You deserved that,” Minho starts to walk away and I follow him from behind. “Finally what?” I question Key.

“You picked up the freaken phone! What took you so long?” he breathes heavily. I look at the phone quizzically and shrug.

“Well, if you haven’t decided to ditch then maybe I could have picked up the phone earlier,” I shoot back at him.

“I’m not going to argue with you!” then out comes from the phone a blaring sound of a horn. “Sorry, sorry!” Key shouts.

Minho raises his eyebrows and enters the club room. The rest of the members went away, the club activities finished. Only Amelia, Onew, Minho, Jonghyun and I are left.

“Who’s that?” Amelia mouths at me. I put the phone onto speaker just in time to hear another blare of a horn.

“Wow, is he trying to get himself killed?” Jonghyun whistles.

“Is Eun Jung there?” Key asks, breathless. “Erm,” I look around the room. “Not right now, but she hasn’t gone home yet if that’s what you are asking,”

“Ok, ok” he agrees.

“Key, what are you doing?” Onew cautiously ask. The reply is cussing from a random person.

“Trying to get myself out of here alive,” he replies through gritted teeth.

“What did you do now? Threatened the shopkeeper to close down their store?” Minho monotone asks.

“Yea, and they decide to use their cars and run me down,” Key sarcastically replies.

“Really?” Onew interestedly raises his eyebrows.

“No!” Key yells back. “Look I’ll call you later ok? Bye! Sorry!” he apologises to another person again.

“Get off the road you son of a-!“

Onew ends the call.

“I guess he finally realised huh?” I get the phone off from Onew.

“Guess the plan can start now,” Amelia squeals.

“I can’t believe how happy you are right now. It’s like you want to be away from me,” Onew mutters.

“I suggested to see each other at other times, but you didn’t accept it. You said it was cheating,” she points out.

“Don’t worry, it won’t be long.” Amelia hugs him briefly and proceeds to dance around the room.

“Now, go home,” she shoos Minho, Jonghyun and me out of the room.

“Have fun,” Minho waves.

 

Eun Jung’s POV

I lie down comfortable, everyone had gone home. But I like time to myself, I feel like I haven’t got them recently.

“Hey,” Onew comes over. “Hi,” I reply.

“Say…” he starts sitting down. I glance at him. “What?” I prompt him. He grimace at a thought, “Me and Amelia had a fight,” he blurts out.

“Don’t you always?” I raise my eyebrows. “Uh, this fight is really big. We kinda just left it at that,”

“So you are saying to me you two ‘took a break’?” I bunny quote.

“Pretty much,” Onew mutters.

“I see…what do you need me for?” I ask him, wondering why he’s still there. I swear that Onew’s eyes bulge out.

“You don’t say sorry?” he asks incredulously. “What for? You always have fight and even if it’s a big one, you guys can’t stand being not being with each other for a minute,” I stare at him.

“Can’t…I just have a hug?” Onew asks hopefully.

“Can I just hug your legs?” I stare up at him.

“No,”

I sigh as I stand up before him. He engulfs me in his arms just as somebody clatters in.

“Eun Jung!” someone shouts. I look up from the hug and see Key. He breathlessly leans on the wall

“Hi Key,” I turn away from Onew and starts to walk towards Key. Onew tugs me back and I shoot him a glare. What’s wrong with him?

“I-uh,” Key’s glance flickers from me to Onew. “Sorry, I’ll be going now,” he turns away from the entrance.

 

Key’s POV

So…she and Onew huh? I clutch the napkin tightly. I turn around the corner to hear sobbing. I poke my head in the classroom and see Amelia hugging her knees.

“What’s wrong?” I softly say as I sit down beside her.

“Me and Onew broke up,” she mutters quietly. “Oh, because Onew was seeing someone behind your back?” I ask, recalling the memory of those two hugging.

She looks up startles and confusion flits through her face then she slowly nods. “It must have hurt, to see your best friend with your boyfriend,”

She looks down and hugs her knees tighter. “It’s going to be fine,” I gently say, wrapping my arm around her shoulder. She leans into me.

“Key?” a curious voice asks. We both look up to see Eun Jung with Onew behind her.

 

Amelia’s POV

“Oh, because Onew was seeing someone behind your back?” Key asks, lost in thoughts. I glance at him. What the heck is he talking about? Oh, just play along, Amelia, play along. I slowly nod, wondering what makes him said that.

“It must have hurt, to see your best friend with your boyfriend,” he continues. Dot, dot, dot. I’m sorry? Oh, so Onew is somehow together with Eun Jung? Ok, no reply there.

I look down and pretend to be more sad but when my hair covers my face I start to grin like crazy. This is going to be fun!

“It’s going to be fine,” he hugs me, making me lean on him.

“Key?” a voice like Eun Jung asks. We both look up to see Eun Jung with my darling Onew behind her. I can see him glaring at the arm around me but I shoot him a look telling him to knock it off. So he pretend to glare at me.

_________________________________________________

Beginning of a drama guys!

Enjoy!

Sakura4li

P.S. Thank you for all the subscriptions and comments!