FINAL CHAPTER : PROMISE

Confuse

 

 

 

 

 

Sinb wake up from her nightmare. Her sweat is everywhere and her heavy breathe can be heard around the room. She immediately take a look beside her to search for Umji and let out a relief sigh while crying after she found Umji is sleep just beside her. Sinb cry again as her hand reached Umji. She hug Umji carefully not wanting to wake her dearest girlfriend. The nightmare that Umji left her really make Sinb afraid, everything that happen seems like a reality where she hurt Umji and Umji has give up for their relationship and at the end she just left behind by Umji without any forgiveness. Sinb can feel her hands trembling and her tears still falling, Sinb is so scare till at one time she start sobbing while hugging Umji tightly.

 

“I’m sorry Umji. I—I’m really sorry”

“Please don’t leave me. I p—promise I will be good to you. I promise I will never hurt you again. I don’t want to lose you. I love you, I love you so much. P—please don’t l—leave me” Sinb whisper, begging to Umji again and again, trying to control her sobbing voice because she afraid that will awake Umji who sleep peacefully but she didn’t realise Umji already awake for the whole time listening to her crying, begging and sobbing silently.

 

“I promise I will never hurt your heart again. I promise I will make you happy after this. I promise you everything. Please just don’t leave me. I’m really sorry for everything”

 

“Stop saying that you are sorry. I already forgive you” Umji finally say something. At first she just want to hear Sinb’s words but then get tired when the girl just keep saying sorry over and over.

“Y—you awake? I’m sorry for wake you up”

“I’ve heard everything that you said” Umji reply with her sleepy voice.

“I’m sorry for waking you up”

“Stop saying sorry. And please stop crying. I told you I hate seeing you crying” Umji wipe Sinb’s tears that still falling. She know and she understand Sinb’s feeling. She know the girl is guilty for everything but she don’t want Sinb keep being like that. She don’t want Sinb keep feeling guilty about what is happen, because Umji herself already forgive Sinb and ready to forget everything. Nowadays Sinb always had a nightmare that make Umji really worry about her. Sinb keep saying the same things, keep having a nightmare and end up crying in the middle of night. Seems like Sinb still feel guilty to Umji, afraid that Umji will leave her behind even though Umji already assured her that she will never left.

 

“I—it’s j—just I’m afraid. I’m afraid that y—you will lea—“

“Shhhh, I will never leave you. You don’t have to worry about that. I promise I will never leave you” Umji cut her girlfriend words. She don’t want to hear any nonsense word from Sinb. Umji already promise to herself that she will never want to leave Sinb no matter what happen, she will try to hang on for their relationship but Sinb is too afraid. She is too afraid that one day she will hurt Umji again.

 

“I—I’m sorry. I promise I will change. I promise I will never hur—“Umji cut Sinb words again but this time she did by kissing Sinb on the lips. She is hoping for Sinb will calm by the contact which is success. Few second after that Umji cupped Sinb’s face and look straight into her puffy eyes.

“B, listen to me. I don’t want to repeat this over again. I want you to listen all of this words that I want to say to you”

 

“Eunbi. I love you more than I love myself. I love you more than everything. I love you, I love you and I will always love you B. I will never want to leave you. Never again, because I don’t want to hurt you. I don’t want to see you become like this again, I don’t want to hurt you by leaving you. Leaving you before this already make me guilty so much, because of that stupid ego that I had, you are hurting. I’m hurting you with my own ego. It’s all my fault, you become like this it’s all because of me. If only I didn’t left you, if only I didn’t take your words seriously, all of those nightmare that keep chasing you now will not gonna happen. It’s all my faut, so please, please never blame yourself about what is happen. I am really alright now so please you should be alright too”

“U—Umji I—I—“

“Please don’t think too much and let’s just forget about everything that happen. I want you to stop blaming yourself. I didn’t keep any revenge or anything towards you, I am really alright B. I love you. So please if you love me, please, please don’t think about that anymore, please stop blaming yourself. I don’t like seeing you keep having a same nightmare for every single night because it’s hurting me too. You always crying, I told you I don’t like to see you cry plus if it’s because of me. All those pain that we had been felt will make our relationship better than before. All of those things that happen to us can make our relationship than before, because people learn from their mistakes. Everyone learn from their mistake Eunbi” Umji say with full of sincerity hoping that Sinb will never blame herself again. Sinb didn’t say any words after that. Both of them went silent as their tighthen each other hug, praying the same thing without knowing that they will never want to hurt each other again. Silently make a promise that their will never leave each other.

 

“I promise I will change” Sinb suddenly say breaking the silent.

“No. Don’t change. I don’t want to lose my Eunbi”

“I will change and become a better person for you”

“B, I don’t want to change you. Just be yourself. I love you the way you are, I don’t want to change anything in you. I want you to stay just like this, just like before because that’s where I start fell in love with you. I don’t want my Eunbi change, okay?” Again Sinb lost words.

“Now can we please just stop? I’m sleepy, aren’t you?” Umji say again and take a look at Sinb. She then hug Sinb again while her hand patting her girlfriend’s back softly hoping that Sinb will calm and fall asleep again, next to her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I heard campus make an interesting event yesterday? What kind of event actually?” Yerin ask want to break the silent when five of them take a dinner together in the dining room at Umji’s apartment. It’s not weird or new for Yerin because six of them usually went silent when it comes to eat but Yerin need to reduce her awkwardness since Yuju has been upset to her.

“You really didn’t care about anything happen when you on duty don’t you?” Sinb ask back.

“Well I don’t have a time to touch my phone, I even barely touch it and make someone sulking. She didn’t even want to talk to me” Yerin answer while her eyes take a glance at Yuju who ignore Yerin since earlier and just eat her food.

“Guess you have something important to do after this” Umji say.

“I guess so. Okay, what kind of event yesterday? I heard it’s fun” Yerin ask again.

“Yeah, it’s really an interesting event. It’s an event for the students. I just know yesterday that the event was held by Event Management students, they did all the things by themselves and also the campus provided the sponsor for them. You know what is the most interesting and also annoying things? These two got awards! Not an award, I repeat not an award but Awards!” Eunha say excitedly.

“What award? How about you? Did you get any? Me? Did I get anything?” Yerin ask again. Eargerly want to know everything.

“Me? Tch. I wonder if I someone realise my existance in that campus. I’m not famous like these two and same goes to you. So don’t hope anything…. Okay! You guys know? Sinb alone got three awards and Yewon got four!! Alone!!”

“Ehhh? W—what? Why? That much?!” Yuju suddenly ask make four of them startled.

“I—I just—“

“Wait Sinb. Don’t cut my words. Let me tell them everything” Eunha stop and take a deep breathe for a while before continue her words.

“Sinb got Campus Romeo, Famous Dancer and also Reverse Charm awards. I don’t even know where the hell her reverse charm here. Our Yewon? Our Yewon—“

“Why the heck you call Yewon, our Yewon? She’s mine!” Sinb cut Eunha words right after she heard Eunha talk about Umji. Umji is her’s and no one can claim her beside Sinb alone.

“Here she start again… fine…. Your Yewon” Eunha sigh heavily as she take a look at Yuju and Yerin. Sinb is really something else, Eunha thought.

“Yewon? Sinb’s girlfriend? got Campus Juliet, Number 3 from Top Ten Smartest, Campus Ideal Girlfriend, Campus Bestfriend but I didn’t have any complain about that because that’s what she deserve. Our—I mean Sinb’s Yewon deserve that”

“Yah ! I deserve that awards too!” Sinb protest but Eunha ignore her and start talk again.

“They even got one of the campus main award”

“What award?” Yerin ask.

“Campus Couple” Eunha then burst out loud followed by the other.

“Wait wait wait….. So that’s why they got the title S—Sinmeo & Yeliet?” Yuju say between her laugh. Her face completely red and everyone face become even red after heard her words.

“SINMEO?!! Y—YELIET? Oh my god!! That name is soo funny! Gosh please spare my tummy. It’s about to explode here”Eunha say as her hand holding her stomach. She even feel like want to throw up all her food that she just ate because of too much laughing.

“Okay, that’s enough. I mean how? Just how? What is the purpose for that event? Why our campus even gave a sponsor for it. It’s not like an important event? How the award criteriea goes?” Yerin ask after calm herself from laughing too much.

“They said it is special event for the students. An event for students who have work hard this year and also for fun to release the stress. That’s all. Our campus has agreed to it because based on how our performance university increase every year, so it’s like an appreciation awards for us. The event is really jjang! Totally awesome, to be honest. They prepare total a 50 awards excluding 5 main awards”

“Fifthy??!!”

“Yeah”

“And eight from it goes to these two?”

“Yeah, I know. Bias right? It’s a salty awards”

“Yah! It’s not bias! And it’s not salty!”  

“But seriously just how? It’s not only one or two couple in that campus. There’s a lot”

“Just look at them. Everything goes viral. From the start till their break up and get back together, literally everything went viral. Guees I need to kiss someone to get that award too. But to be honest, yesterday event is so awesome! Pity you Yerin”

“Hmmm, out of all day why it must to be yesterday. Guess I’m not a lucky person” Yerin sigh and without she realise Yuju has been stared at her. Hearing that words from Yerin make Yuju look at her and didn’t even blink a bit.

“Seems like you will need a lot of thing to clear with her. You are dead later Yerin” Sinb say as her eyes still looking at Yuju. Yerin who just realise what she just said try to change the topic.

 

“Errr,S—Sowon! Yeah, Sowon! I texted her before. S—she said she may not gonna comeback to here again. She said she will start everything there”

 

“What?! That girrafe said that?! Is she crazy or what? Whats in her mind seriously? She didn’t even tell us when she fly back to Europe few months ago and now she told you that she don’t want to comeback here?!” Sinb suddenly get mad.

“Eunha? Do you know anything?”

“H—huh? I—I don’t know. She also didn’t tell me why. She just said to me that she want to focus on her study and might open up her own business there” Eunha say honestly to avoid any suspisious look from her friend. Eunha don’t want her friend to know about what is happened between her and Sowon before. She has been hide it because for Eunha, it’s not really important for her friends to know about their problem. Eunha not lying when she said Sowon might open a business because that’s really what Sowon has told her before.

“That Girrafe! Just wait for me get a lot of money. I will haunt her there!”Sinb say again.

“Yeah, let’s go there and find her soon. Does she think she can runaway from us?” Yerin support Sinb while Eunha, Umji and Yuju just being silent. Umji has been silent because she know Eunha is lying, Eunha being silent because she need to keep her secret and Yuju is just wait for her time to scold Yerin. In Yuju’s mind since earlier is just filled with Yerin, Yerin and Yerin.

 

“Ermmm, Yerin. I think you should worry about yourself first. Yuju has been holding the fork tightly since I don’t know when. Eunbi is right, you will be dead soon” Umji chuckling make Yerin immediately take a look at Yuju.

“Errr… Y—Yuj B--babe? A—are you alright?”

“Of course I’m alright my sunshine. Don’t worry” Yuju say that, sound sweet for the others but not for Yerin. She know Yuju just faking her smile and Yerin clearly saw Yuju just gritted her teeth infront of her. Not knowing what she should react, Yerin just give her awkward eye smile to Yuju.

Eunha just look at her friend’s antic. The couples seems too sweet and happy right infront of her. She is happy too. Eunha is happy when her friends happy. She always pray for their happiness because Eunha know how deep their love into each other. She is hoping to get someone that will love her too but appereantly there’s no one. Even if there’s someone want to ask Eunha out, Eunha know herself that her heart is only for one person.  And thinking about that person make Eunha heart ache once again. Make Eunha shedding tears without her realization and earn a weird look from her friend.

“Eunha? Are you crying?”

“H—huh? N—no?”

“Then? What is that if you are not crying?”

“This?” Eunha then wipe her tears before start talking again.

“It’s only my tears…I—I’m not crying” Eunha answer weakly and just continue eat act like there’s nothing happen.

“Ehh? Then what is the different between that? Isnt that the same thing?”

“There’s nothing Yuju. I’m just happy. Happy about everything. Finally UmB couple is back and you also end up with this cousin of mine. I never thought that you two will be in love to each other. Back then you guys always fought each other, for every week your and Yerin’s name always called to discipline room, how Yerin used to complain and said to me that how much she hate you. You someone who confused about your own feeling. You thought you are straight but actually you are not. And this stupid Sinb almost lost Umji because of her stupidity. Confuse about her own feeling. I don’t understand why you guys seems confused about your own feeling. You are lucky Sinb, you are lucky enough having a girlfriend like Umji, don’t hurt her anymore, I will personally break your arms and leg if you ever hurt Yewon again. I love Yewon and I don’t want she get hurt, especially her feeling. Mark my words”

“Aren’t you being such a bias right now?”

“That’s right, She always expressionate towards her. Eunha’s love for Yewon is very special”

“She’s Yewon. The baby among us, of course I need to protect her”

“We’re same age Eunha. There’s no unnie or maknae among us”

“But still, she’s Yewon. My baby Yewon”

“I’m a baby too. Why you didn’t treat me like the way you treat Umji?”

“Ohhh, Sinb in your dream. You didn’t act like one. For me Umji is the only baby here”

“Tch ! Soo~~ bias”

 

What her friends say is right. Eunha always being expresionate towards Umji. Eunha always become soft when it comes to Umji. Eunha also didn’t know why, but for her Umji is different. Eunha sometimes feels like Umji is her younger sister, someone who she should protect at all cost. Umji is adorable. Both Eunha and Umji is the shortest among them maybe that’s one of the reason why Eunha get attached to Umji.

 

 

“Okay! Cut that off! Now, Eunha?” Yerin suddenly ask.

“What?”

“How about you? Are you will be alright?”

“What alright?” Eunha ask. Confuse about Yerin sudden question.

“Sowon might not be comeback here. How are you gonna tell her?”

“Ahhh. I—it’s alright. M—maybe it doesn’t work between us. It’s alright for me as long she’s happy” Eunha answer, trying to control her feeling. Trying to control her tears from fall. Trying to control everything.

“Eunha”

“It’s alright. I’m really alright. You guys don’t have to worry about me, I’m really really really alright. At least before she flew back to Europe that month, I already spent my time together with her. We make memories together, really beautiful memories for only two of us, so it’s alright for me” Eunha say again. Faking her smile. Although it hurts her, Eunha always assured herself that she alright. She will be alright as long she didn’t forget the time she shared with Sowon. How can she forget? It’s about Sowon. Someone that she love so much, she can never forget that time so it will be alright.

“Really?”

  “Yeah. Don’t worry. Even she can’t be mine at least she is my friend. Friend last forever right?” Eunha say again convincing herself about everything. Still trying to hold her tears from falling. And when Yerin want to say something again, Eunha stop her. Eunha don’t want to listen to any question or words from anyone because if she did, she afraid that they will found out about her real feeling and Eunha don’t want that. Eunha is afraid that if she keep answering their question, her tears will betray her. So she keep assuring everyone that she is really alright. She don’t want her friend found out about her heart, she don’t want her friends feel sympathy to her because she don’t need that. She really alright, at least that’s what she want to feel.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey~~ Are you still upset?” Yerin poke Yuju arm softly hoping that the girl will not mad at her anymore. From the morning until now Yuju refuse to talk to her. Yuju is upset. Who doesn’t? Yerin didn’t even text or call her when she on the trip. Not even once.

“Why you never call me?! Are you that busy until you don’t have a spare time to reply my message?! At least the short one!” Yuju answer. Still pouting as her arms crossed on her chest.

“I’m sorry~~ Forgive me”

“Babe~~~I’m sorry. Talk to me~”Yerin try to sound cute and show her cute face to Yuju. Yerin know no one can resist or handle her cute face and she is very sure Yuju can’t resist that.

“You know? If you show this face to Sinb, you maybe get beat up by her” Yuju say after that. Can no longer ignore Yerin’s cuteness infront of her.

“I know that”

“Don’t do that again Yerin. You make me really worried when you didn’t response to any of my texts and calls. I’m worry”

“I’m sorry” Yerin say and buried her face on Yuju’s neck.

“You didn’t mad at me anymore?” Yuju just smile and nodding her head while hugging Yerin. Yuju never mad, she just upset a bit because Yerin ignored her. She just want a fully attention from Yerin. That’s all. And now Yerin is just right infront of her, so it’s a good enough for Yuju. She just want Yerin to be beside her for the whole time.

 

“Yerin”

“Hmm?”

“I love you”

“I know that”

“Do you love me?”

“Always”

 

“Yuju”

“Hmmm?”

“Thank you”

“For what?’

“For everything. Thank you for accepted my love for you”

“Why would you want to thank that? I love you remember?”

“Yeah, It’s just thank you. Thank you for coming into my life”

“It’s me who supposed to thank you Yerin-ah. Thank you for always waiting for me. Thank you for waiting for me to see your love. You always being obvious with your feeling before and yet I didn’t see that”

“Sometimes I afraid. How it will be at the future? What will happen to us? You might be debut soon” Yerin voice start trembling and Yuju realise that.

“Why? What are you afraid for?”

“I—I’m afraid that our relationship will effect your career. I don’t want to ruin your dream”

“What do you mean?”

“You know that not everyone will accept this kind of status right? I—I’m scare that what i—if one day—“

“Yerin do me a favor” Yuju cut Yerin’s words. She know where the conversation will go and Yuju don’t want to hear any of that.

“Promise to me Yerin. Promise me that you will never leave me. Please stay with me, stay with me no matter what happen. Because I need you, I need you by my side, I don’t want you to left me behind. So please stay. Stay with me”

“But I might ruin your dream. I don’t wa—“

“There’s no such thing like that. You’re not gonna ruining anything. I love you, I need you Yerin. So please don’t say any this kind of thing. I don’t want to hear it. Just promise to me that you will always be there beside me. Please promise to me that no matter what you will never leave me. Promise me Yerin”

“I promise. I don’t to lose you either. I love you”

“I love you too. As long we holding on to each other, everything will be alright. Okay?” Yuju say softly.

“Now smile. I want to see my sunshine smile” Yuju say and take a look at Yerin who already force her smile with her tears still on her face. Yuju then wipe the remaining tears before take Yerin into her embrance.

“You know Eunha might end up sleep on the sofa at the living room if we keep hugging like this” Yerin say suddenly remember that she and Eunha sharing a room in that apartment.

“Don’t worry, she already told me that she will sleep at Umji’s room since Umji always sleep with Sinb. So we have this entire room with only two of us here” Yuju answer. Smirking to Yerin who already blushing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You alright?” Umji ask Eunha who seems lost in her thought when two of them stay at the balcony.

“Yeah. Just want to take some air and that moon, it’s so beautiful tonight” Eunha answer secretly wiping her tears.

“You are lying don’t you?” Umji say again.

“H—huh? Lying? Me? What do you mean?”

“What are you hiding actually Eunha? I know you are lying when we talk about Sowon just now”

“I—I’m not”

“We both know we can’t lie to each other right? You know whenever I try to lie to you and same goes to me. What are you hiding Eunha? It’s alright, you can talk to me”

“I—I miss her. T—that’s all. I really miss her”Eunha burst into tears. The tears that she has been tried to control from falling infront of Umji finally betray her. She can’t hold it anymore as she throw herself to Umji’s embrance.For Umji who already expect Eunha will be like that just comfort the girl silently.

“I—I thought I w—will be alright but this hurts so much. It really hurt Umji-ah” Eunha say still crying hardly in Umji’s embrance.

“If you don’t want to share to me anything it’s alright Eunha-yah. But I don’t want to see you being like this. Don’t keep everything alone, don’t keep it to yourself, sometimes you should share it to reduce the pain”

“B—but I’m f—fine Umji-ah. I’m really fine. I just want to keep this but sometimes I just can’t handle it myself. I just miss her, that’s all”

 

“You still want to keep it? Don’t want to share it to me?” Umji ask and Eunha just nodded weakly make Umji sigh heavily. At that time, Umji have really wondering and ask to herself that who is actually more stubborn in their group because six of them seems have their own stubbornness. Then she didn’t say anything and just comforting Eunha silently. Umji can’t force Eunha, because if she in Eunha position, she will do the same too. She will thought that she don’t want to make her friends worry about her problem. After a while Eunha already stop crying and tell Umji that she already alright.

“I’m alright Umji. Thanks for the comfort and warm hug”

“Anything for you my friend”

“Your Eunbi might end up sleep alone if you still here. She might be jealous again, because you seems care to this Eunbi than her”

“I care for everyone, you alright now?”

“Yeah, thank you. You should go to your Eunbi now” Eunha show her bright face to Umji, showing that she already fine.

“If you need me, I will be with you. Anytime. Time will heal remember? That’s what you always told me before. You should promise to me that you will be alright”

“I promise Umji. I will be alright”

“Time will heal. You will be alright”Umji say and patting Eunha’s shoulder before left Eunha at the balcony giving her a time alone. Eunha just smile hearing to Umji’s words.

 

Time will heal.

 

Eunha look at the moon back and spend time looking at the beautiful night for a while. After that she turn around and close the balcony door before go to Umji’s room. She passed Sinb’s room and her shared room with Yerin in silent, smilling a bit when she accidently heard the sweet words from the couples. She glad that her friends finally happy. Eunha glad that her friends don’t have to feel the pain that she felt because the pain is hurting her so much and she can’t bear to watch any of her friends feel the same pain with her.

 

Time does not heal anything Umji. Time can never heal the pain. I’m sorry for lying to you but I’m glad that words works on you. The pain that you felt before finally heal you in the mean time. You can be happy again with Sinb and I’m glad you take my words as an advice. I’m glad it works on you. But not on me. I really hope that words can heal me too but it didn’t. I keep feel the pain again and again through this whole time. How did you do that Umji? How did you forget all the pain in that short amount of time? Why it didn’t work on me?’

‘Will it be alright if the time keep passing by? Maybe I need a long time, maybe a year, years or maybe for a lifetime. Is that will be alright?’

‘IIt will be alright Eunha. Trust yourself, maybe it will take a long time but trust yourself, one day you will be alright. As the time goes by, all the pain that you feel now will heal. Trust yourself. You will forget everything, you just need a time to forget it’

 

That’s right. I just need a time. Everything will be alright, time will heal everything” Eunha say and wipe her tears that has been falling again when she’s busy with her own thought. Eunha throw her body on the bed after she reach her smartphone. She take a look at her phone wallpaper. It’s her picture with Sowon that taken at her family resort.

“Thank you for that beautiful moment Sowon” Eunha say. Talking to the wallpaper as her tears falling again.

“Maybe we are not meant for each other but I’m glad that even for those short moment, it felt like we were”

 

It’s alright if you never come back. It’s alright if you choose to stay there forever. I also will be alright here. Maybe. It will hurts me but it’s okay, I’m fine. It’s just I hate myself for not be able to tell you that time, that everything you heard before is just misunderstanding. I really hate myself because I’m a coward that I can’t tell you how I felt before. I just hate myself for not be able to tell you that I love you. It’s alright, I hope you will be alright Sowon. You should promise to me that you will be alright. Promise to me that you will be happy with your life there and I promise that I will be happy too. Promise to me that you will never cry over Nayoung again, promise me that you will always smile like you always did. It’s alright if you hate me for the rest of your life as long you promise to me you be happy. And I will promise that I will never appear infront of you again. I promise I will never bother you again’

‘Because I love you’

 

Then Eunha cry. Crying over the wallpaper again and again. She want to call the tall girl and tell about everything to her but she can’t. She will never contact Sowon again, Sowon’s voice saying that she hate Eunha still lingering in Eunha’s mind and she can never forget that. How can Eunha forget? It’s about Sowon, someone that she love. Every Sowon’s words meant everything to Eunha. So for Eunha, it will be the best if she didnt contact Sowon at all. Sowon need time and Eunha too. That is why Eunha keep telling herself everything will be alright. Everything will be alright as long as time goes by.

 

 

 

things will be better as time goes by  --Eunha

 

THE END