SUNSHINE PART II

Confuse

Three months later…

Yerin”

“Hmmmm?”

“Do you have any problem?”

“No. Why?”

“Don’t try to lie to me”

“I’m not”

Eunha sigh heavily. Eunha is really sure that her cousin must have something that she hide from her. Yerin’s mood and behavior nowadays telling Eunha that the girl surely hiding something from her. They are currently having their free time so Eunha and Yerin go to campus student lounge together. It’s the place where all the students in the campus loves to go, since the place have no rules at all. What makes the place special is, there are few claw machines, two snooker table in the middle of the student lounge, a various game including the video games, a big television, having a sofa instead chairs and quite rooms where the cousins stay now.

“Can you please share with me? I don’t like seeing you being like this. This is not Yerin that I know”

“I’m alright. Just a bit tired” Yerin close her eyes as she rest her body on the couch showing Eunha that she don’t want to be disturb.Eunha who see that just shake her head and sigh loudly. The room become quite for a few minutes before Yerin’s phone ringing startled two of them.

 

“Why?” Yerin answer her phone with unreadable tone make Eunha look at her.

Where are you?”

“Student Lounge”

I knew it! Will be there in a few minutes. Bye!”

“Who?” Eunha ask curiously.

“Who else? The Clingy Eunwoo.” Yerin answer as she throw her phone in her bag.

“He likes you, you should just give him a chance to date you”

“What are you talking about?”

“Do you think I didn’t know about you two? I heard from the others that he confessed to you and you rejected him. Three times!”

“You talking nonsense again”

“I’m not. I’m just telling you the truth, come on Yerin, just accept him. Eunwoo is a nice guy and I can see it that he really serious about his feeling to you”

“I can’t. I only see him as a good friend of mine and that’s all”

“Do you know how hurt is it when someone get friendzone from the one that they love?” Eunha say, A bit annoyed with Yerin who seems didn’t care about their conversation when Yerin sigh loudly and turn around backfacing Eunha.

“Yerin, I’m not forcing you but maybe you can try first. ” Eunha say again but Yerin didn’t even bother to answer Eunha.

“Yerin, com—“Eunha’s stop her words cut when she can heard her cousin sobbing silently.

“Yerin-ah, whats wrong with you? Why are you crying?”

“I—I know that. I know it’s hurt, I know how it feels like” Yerin say between her sobbing confusing Eunha.

“What are you talking about?”

“I know how you feel Eunha, I know how Eunwoo feels, I know how hurt when we get friendzone”

“Who? Who hurt you, who friendzone you? Who hurt you?!”

“I like her. I’m not supposed to fell into her but I did. I love her”

“Her?!! Who?”

“I should know back then that all of the things that she did to me is only as a friend, but I didn’t realise that as time goes by, the time that I spent with her make me fall into her deeply.”

“Yerin, who?! I’m asking you!” Eunha curiously ask as she try to turn Yerin around to face her which is success but instead of the answer, Yerin only sobbing hardly make Eunha hug the girl tightly. Eunha patting Yerin’s back softly wanting to calm her cousin.

“Who? Who make my lovely cousin cry, who friendzone you? Let me meet her and punch her on the face” Eunha putting a joke, asking softly hoping Yerin answer her question.

“You can’t punch her. She’s taller than you” Yerin chuckle make Eunha slap Yerin’s back softly.

“Alright, then just tell me. Who is it?”

“Our friend. Y—Yuju” Eunha widened her eyes. Shocked from the answer that Yerin just gave her.

“I know it’s stupid. I know that I shouldn’t have that kind of feeling for her, but I can’t help it. Being together everyday with her for 3 months enough for me to develop my feelings for her. I tried to forget the feeling, but I can’t” Yerin say still sobbing hard in Eunha’s embrance.

“So this is the reason why you seems a little bit off since the day I met you in this campus?’ Yerin nod as she tighten her hug on Eunha.

“Did you confess to her already?”

“I did. But in a stupid way”

“What do you mean?”

“I kissed her”

“What?!” Eunha raised her voice. Shocked.

“You what?” Eunha ask again, want to confirm Yerin’s words.

“I know it’s stupid. I kissed her while she fell asleep on my lap. I didnt know why I did that. She mad at me. She asked me why I do that and I told her everything. I told her that I like her. I told her that I love her, but we all know Yuju. She will never accept me” Yerin burst into tears again. Eunha can do nothing only try to calm her only cousin in her embrance.

“It’s alright. Everything will be alright. Don’t worry” Eunha say. Her eyes caught someone outside the door and in just a second, she already know who is it. Eunwoo. She signalling Eunwoo, to just come in to the room, because she believe that Eunwoo can make Yerin smile, even for a while.

“Yerin, Eunwoo is here. Do you want him to tease you about your ugly crying face? Stop crying” Yerin who heard that hit Eunha chest hard make Eunha flinch a bit.

“Ouch, It’s hurt!”

“Just say that you want to mock my crying face! Don’t drag Eunwoo here!”

“Yerin is right. Don’t drag me” Eunwoo who already take a sit talking earn an unbelieveable look from Eunha.

“Wahhh! You? You should be thankful that I let you come in here!”

“I’m just kidding smol” Eunwoo say again as he reach Eunha cheek and pinch it hardly.

“Yah! You ruining my bunny cheek!” Eunha shout trying to release her precious cheek from Eunwoo hand. Yerin who saw the scene chuckle make Eunha and Eunwoo relief silently.

“Don’t cry again Yerin. If I need to pinch Eunha’s cheek just to make your smile I will never hesitate and do it every single day” Eunwoo suddenly say and take a look at Yerin who already hung her head down. Hiding her smile from the guy.

“In your dream! Don’t you dare to touch my cheek again!” Eunha raised her voice and three of them burst into loud laugh. Even she Yerin still miss Yuju, she admit that having Eunwoo beside her, make she forget about Yuju for a while. Eunwoo is there, beside her make every joke just to look at her smile. For Eunwoo, he will not give up on Yerin, he will always try to make the girl happy no matter what.

 

……………………………………………………

EUNHA POV      

Today is my free day. I don’t have any class and I don’t have to attend any training because it’s not my group turn so I’m just here, lying on my bed and have a staring contest with the ceiling. I’m alone since the couple have their own class but it’s alright because I’m too sick watching them being flirty with each other. As long as they’re happy, I will be happy for them too.

Yerin also already have someone to love even she’s being friendzone by Yuju. Yerin is the real crazy women, how come she has a gut to kiss Yuju while knowing Yuju is straight. Among six of us, Yuju is the only one who straight and if I need to add one more person, it will be Sowon.

Right. Sowon! She still here! I can ask her to go out and hang out with me since she will be bored because Yuju is busy filming her survival show. I reached for my phone and dialing Sowon number, of course with an excited feeling. I almost scream loud when Sowon said lets meet to me and rush to prepare myself. It’s rare for me to go out with Sowon alone, because all of us always going out together and not as a partner, so when the time like this come, of course I’m super duper happy. We will have our date together at the aquarium because Sowon said she always want to go there with someone.

“Do you wait too long?” Sowon ask me as soon we meet at the aquarium entrance.

“No, not at all. I already bought the ticket for us, let’s go inside”

“Let’s go, gosh! I’m so excited, I really want to go here with someone honestly”

“Why? Why you must wait for someone?” I need to ask that, for me to have a hint, if I may have any chance to date this goddess friend of mine.

“Well, I found this place is a bit romantic, weird isn’t? An aquarium as a romantic place to date for me. You must be thought I’m weird”

“No, it’s not weird at all, I found this place also romantic. Look around us, majority what we can see here is a couple. I guess that is what people see at us too. A couple, went to aquarium date, right?” I said hoping that Sowon will agree at me but instead she just laugh and didn’t say anything make me a bit sad. But I can’t be sad because I’m standing beside her with just the two of us, enjoying our time together so I throw out that sad feeling away from me. We are happy seeing all of those aqua creature that right infront of our eyes, we take so many picture, too many picture together I guess, since I really want to capture our moment together.

After all of those activity we stay at the café to refill our energy because both of us didn’t eat any meal today. We just eat in silent and only talk a bit but Sowon’s question to me make me chocked on my food. I coughing for almost thirty seconds because of her sudden question.

“Are you alright?” Jeez, she ask me that question, when the causes is from her. How come she ask me if I have someone to love. Of course I have. It’s you! but I cant say that loud, she will be the one who chocked on her food if I say that.

“I’m alright. Why are you asking that?”

“I just want to know. I heard Yuju talk about you. She said, you are waiting for someone? Who? Who is the lucky person that steal my bunny’s heart?”

Yuju. That girl seriously! I will kill you!

“Ohhh” There’s nothing I can say. Yuju really wish to die.

“She said you are in love with someone. Then why are you going out with me? You can just call her, to give you a company today. Who know? She will realize that you have a feeling with her” Sowon said that. Did she even realize what she just said now? It’s you. Sowon. But she will never know that, because Sowon is slow witted! Arhhh I hate her. ! Why do I feel in love with someone like this?! It’s irritating! Maybe this is my chance. Should I just tell her that someone is actually her? The person infront of my eyes right now. Should I? Should not?  I should tell her, I should tell her before she fly back to Europe again. That’s right. I should tell her.

“I’m waiting for her, to realize my actual feeling to her”

“What do you mean?”

“Sowon, actually…”

“Who? Tell me, I promise I’ll keep your secret from our friends. Believe in me” Hearing she say something like from that make me chuckled. Sowon you are the only one who didn’t know about this.

“Ermmm, actually I—I that person is—actually I—“ That is it!  Her phone start ringing in the time like this. I don’t know if I should be relief or be mad about that. I just look at her answering her phone. I hate whoever call her, she look so excited answering that phone call.

“Eunha! I have to go now. My gi—I mean my friend just landed at the airport so I need to pick her up. I’m sorry for leaving like this, but I really need to go now. Here, take this. Bye Eunha. It’s a happy day for me!”

She left me just like that, leaving a few notes on the table for me. I don’t understand why this girl like to give her money to everybody. I hate her. I hate whoever call her and take my good times with Sowon! Because of that phone call, all the little courage I had just now disappear. I will need to gather it again whenever I have a chance which is I don’t know when!

END OF EUNHA POV

 

 

……………….

 

 

“Why are you still here?” Sinb ask Sowon as soon they take a sit beside the tall girl in the concert hall.

“Why? Do you hate me that much until you can’t wait for me to fly away from Korea!?” Sowon need to shout because of the music sound suddenly blast in the hall. Five of them come to Yuju’s company idol program showcase where the trainees will have a various mission and evaluation in order for them to debut as a talented idol group. Yuju also didn’t left out from the program. Even though Yuju become a trainee for only four months, the company can see her potential and Yuju always left a good impression in the company monthly evaluation. Because of that, Yuju with the other trainees were selected to appear on the idol survival show who will debut at the end of the year.

“Yeah, that’s right! Then why are you still here?! Just go back to Europe already, it’s been three months” Sinb shout back teasing Sowon who already show her pissed face to Sinb.

“Can you just shut up?! I don’t want to hear your voice!” Sowon don’t want to lose to Sinb, make the rest sigh heavily.

“I also don’t—“

“Stop it Sowon! Sinb! Why both of you never have any peace?! I will throw both of you out from this hall if you don’t stop” Yerin cut their words with her stern voice. Sinb and Sowon immediately keep their mouth shut and didn’t even dare to bicker silently. Both of them know, when Yerin serious that’s mean, she’s really serious.

“Umji~~ Yerin just scold me~” Sinb whisper to her girlfriend while pouting.

“Then just shut your mouth. Stop bickering and focus on the stage we come her to watch Yuju, not to listen to you and Sowon arguing like a kid” Umji answer softly caressing Sinb’s palm.

“Hmmm~~~”

The crowd went loud after the mc of the show come out of the stage. All of the crowd start cheering and calling their own favorite trainee. When Yuju’s face being played on the big screen of the stage, the cheers become loud shocking five of them who only sit silently since earlier.

“Wahh~~~ I didn’t know that Yuju is this famous among them. I so proud of you Yuju!!” Sowon say and shout along the other audience.

“Right?, she is more famous than I thought”

“Of course she is. Everyone love her since the first day this show aired, her weird behavior really come out even though she’s in camera. She’s being herself and that’s why all people love her. I’ve watched one episode of this show, in there Yuju really care about everyone, made all the trainee like to be friend with her”

She really is. She’s care about everybody. She take a good care for me too until make me fall in love with her’

“Wahhh!!~~ I bet Yuju gonna be one of the final line up. Trust me! Everyone cheering and supporting her!”

The music blasting loud in the concert hall. The fans cheers out loud, shouting loud, singing loud along with the trainees that singing on the stage. Tonight is the final showcase, where seven trainee will need to perform three task which is the first task is dancing together in the group as an opening show, second is duet performance with professional artist and the last task is sing their self compose song. Everyone is anticipating the second and the third task since the second task the fans will get to see the other famous artist singing in the show, and the third task the fans will get to hear a new song from the trainee where the trainee composed the song themselves.

 “Hello, I’m Choi Yuna trainee, nineteen years old. Five month trainee in Buddy Music Entertaiment. This is my last performance for tonight and maybe my last performance ever. Please take care of me and my fellow trainee too. I hope everyone will enjoy the rest of the performance tonight”

Yuna fighting!!!! Let’s debut!!!” Some fans shout from their seat supporting Yuju who seems nervous to perform her last performance for that night.

Thank you so much”

 

“Yuju seems nervous. I can see her hands trembling from here” Umji say worriedly.

Yuju, look at me. You can do it. Don’t be nervous and take a deep breath. Look at me Yuju. You must debut! That’s what you want, I know you can do it! If you end up debut tonight, you will be busy after this and that will make us barely meet each other later. You don’t want to see me again right? So please do well, don’t be nervous and debut! Go and chase your dream! You can’t be nervous!’ ’ Yerin shout in her mind. Hoping that Yuju will heard everything that she though in her head.

Yerin keep look at Yuju’s eyes even though she know that Yuju can’t see her seat. She’s praying silently hoping that Yuju will do well and didn’t end up making any mistakes. She want Yuju to debut because that’s what Yuju’s hope after all. The music already start playing make everyone in the hall silent and focus to Yuju’s performance including Yerin, who still looking at Yuju’s eyes hoping for their eyes meet together.

 

Few month passing away,

The reflection sun from my sunglasess make me remember you,

I still have many thing to say,

I want to tell you a story about me, you and also about us,

Our first encounter is not that bright,

Make me regret that time so much,

Why I can’t see that brightest smile before?

 

Is it okay for you? Even just for a minute?

Can I see you again? I want to meet you and see your smile,

 

I know it’s all my fault,

I can only think about you every day,

Even you left me alone here,

I believe that you will always be there waiting for me,

Even I pushed you away, I know you will always waited for me,

Because you are my sunshine,

 

“What is it? Since when Yuju wrote this kind of song?” Yerin heard Sinb say right after the first chorus end.

“You right. I thought she will sing the song that she told us before. That song, what is it? White what?”

“It’s White Day nanny”

“How dare you call this model to be a nanny?!!”

“Shushhhhhh!!!”

Yerin only keeping her eyes on the stage, looking at the girl that she really miss so much. There’s not a second Yerin look away from her, she even wonder did Yuju miss her like the way she miss Yuju.  

 

Sometimes when I feel tired from my tiring day,

I always remember the smile that you used to gave me,

At that time,

I really want to meet you and take a rest beside you,

With you hugging me tightly in your arm,

 

Is it okay for you? Even just for a minute?

Can I see you again? I want to meet you and see your smile,

 

I can only think about you everyday,

Even I pushed you away, I know you will always waited for me,

Because you are my sunshine,

So please comeback to me and shine again,

Please remember this one thing,

The thing that shine for me is you,

Because you are my sunshine.

My one and only Sunshine

 

 

“Did she just cried?” Sinb ask Umji who sit beside her.

My Sunshine’ Yerin smile as she wipe her tears and look at the stage again.

 

Choi Yuna trainee, first of all can you share with all of us here why are you crying? Can you tell us a bit how you wrote this song? Mind to share your thought?”

“I’m sorry. It’s just I was lost my focus. I was thinking that this might be my last performance here and I will have no chance to perform on the stage after this. Thank you for my teacher that helped me a lot during i wrote My Sunshine song. The teachers gave me a tons of advice and also thank you to Kim Jihoo senior trainee because he is the one who help me to choose which song that I should perform this night. Thank you so much”

“Our Choi Yuna trainee, feels nervous because this might be her last performance. But don’t worry, all of us will always support for her and the others right?!”

 

Stupid you Yerin! Do you think she will cry because of you?’

‘There’s no way she will cry for me. She sang this song tonight because someone told her to!’

‘Stop hoping you pathetic Jung Yerin!! Think about Eunwoo!’  

 

“Are you alright Yerin? Why are you crying?”

“I’m not crying, it’s just my eyes become watery because I keep yawning since earlier”

“Really? That’s look like a tears tho”

“I’m alright, Sowon. Don’t worry” Yerin say assuring the tall girl who keep looking at her face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

done update :)) 

hi,, thanks for still reading, 

i hope you guys satisfied with that wonha little moment. actually, at this chapter there's no wonha moment since i focused more on yeju, but seeing you guys want wonha, i edited it again, i hope that wonha moment will make you guys satisfied, 

i will write more wonha, for the next few chapter, dont worry :)