THE SELFISH FOOL

April Fools
Please log in to read the full chapter

His eyes slowly fluttered open as soon as he heard her soft snores. She was finally asleep. And he could stop pretending to have fallen asleep.

He could not.

The room wasn’t well lit, the only source of light was the bedside lamp that remained open, but he could trace with his own eyes her soft features.

He thought while doing such a crime that he could stay watching her while she slept and wouldn’t get tired of it. He won’t get tired of her no matter how she pushed him away.

There was just that instinct to protect her. That strong feeling to want to keep her by his side no matter what. And he didn’t know why. It just came to be that way for him ever since he started to learn more about her. She was tough on the outside, but fragile on the inside. He forgot that she was just like every other girl, but now he was well aware of it. That he couldn’t take her off his mind.

Under the blanket, he suddenly felt her hand twitch but not let go of his bigger one. He remembered then how she held onto his hand wordlessly a while ago and spoke the question she had for herself.

Should she come to the concert with Yixing? she asked herself softly like a murmur.

He remembered how a while back he knew she already had her mind set on coming with Yixing although he wasn’t too sure. They hadn’t spoken openly about it after the fight they had just right after making up, but he knew she might come.

But why did she have to ask herself the same question again and wit

Please log in to read the full chapter