Chapter 9

Drunk in Love

Don't you worry 'bout a thing 
Don't you worry 'bout a thing, mama 
'Cause I'll be standing on the side 
When you check it out
When you get it off your trip
~Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing- Stevie Wonder

 

 

 

Suho’s POV

 

“I’m going to assume this has something to do with Robin and the baby if you three are here?” I ask the guys.

Xiumin, Baekhyun, and Lay said they needed to speak with me. So here we are in my room.

Yeah, hyung. It’s pretty important, “ Lay says.

I let out a breath, waiting for the bad news  “Lay it on me.”

I don’t think Lay swings that way, hyung,” Baekhyun says with a grin, earning a smack on the back of his head from Xiumin.

Continue Lay,” Xiumin says.

Anyways, Robin’s friend works at the coffee shop we’ve been going to. I was gonna ask about Robin, when the friend, Camille, brought it up herself. She thought you should have another chance to prove yourself to Robin, so she gave me this card,” Lay says before handing me a card.

I looked at it before looking back at them. “She thinks I should go to the doctor’s appointment with her?” I ask.

Duh. It’s a pretty legit plan. You guys can talk and sort things out. And try not to say or do anything stupid this time, hyung,“ Baekhyun says.

Yeah. Just be there on time. That’s all you have to do,” Lay says.

“Wow. Okay. Thanks guys. Really,” I say to them.

You should be thanking Camille. I don’t think Robin knows she was doing this,” Lay says before leaving my room.

Can I come with you hyung? There’s a chance Alex could be there,” Baekhyun says with a smirk on his face.

And let you ruin things even more? No way!” I say.

“Fine. I got other ways,” he says before leaving.

I shake my head before realizing Xiumin is still in the room.

Hey hyung,” I say to him.

“Hmm?”

“Would you mind coming with me? I know I should be doing this by myself but honestly, I’m freaking out,” I say.

He comes up to me and pats my shoulder. “Sure. If that’s what you want. I’m just glad you’re maning up now.”

You think she’ll give me a second chance? If I were her, I wouldn’t. I acted awful towards her.

“We’ll see. A you can really do is apologize and tell her how you’re going to be there for her and the baby. You two might not be in a relationship but the baby is both your responsibilities. This is the time to be mature as you’ll soon have a little human to look after now,” he says.

I could only nod. “Thanks hyung.”

“No problem. And im sorry for blowing up at you. I shouldn’t have done that.”

“No. I totally deserved that and more for how I behaved. Plus, I understand where you’re coming from. You have experience with this.”

Yeah and because of that, I’ll be here to support you along the way, along with the rest of the guys,“ he says.

I nod. “I think I’ll them after the appointment. That way, I’ll know for sure where I stand with Robin,” I say.

Alright.“

I look back down at the card. I’m not going to mess this up again. I’m going to make things right.

 

 

Author's POV

Two days passed by and it seemed to be in some type of routine. Michelle, Robin, and Alex went to classes as usual and did all of their extracurricular activities. 

Camille, along with her classes, continued to work everyday. And during those two days, Lay would visit her.  They’ve developed this unspeakable connection.

The girls still weren’t talking to each other.  Cam did send a few texts here and there, making sure Robin was alright.  She even sent some to Michelle, making sure she relayed the message of Baekhyun wanting Alex’s number.

 

 

 

The Day of the Appointment 

 

Robin’s POV

 

I joined the table where Michelle and Alex were eating at.

“What’s up guys?” I ask while taking a seat.

“Everything is great in the world! Isn't it a beautiful day?” Alex exclaims before taking a bite of her lunch.

I look at Michelle with a raised eyebrow.

“She has Professor Lee’s class after lunch,” Michelle says.  I could only chuckle and shake my head.  This girl and her wild dreams.  Let's just hope she doesn't actually live out these dreams.

“But how are you and lil' fetus doing?” Michelle asks.

“Lil' fetus?” I ask.

“Seriously, that’s the best you got? You could only come up with lil' fetus?” Alex retorts.

“Well, I don’t have much to go on since we don't know the gender yet, so lil' fetus was the best option,” Michelle says with a shrug of her shoulders.  Alex just rolls her eyes.

“Anyways, we’re good. Kinda nervous for my appointment, though,” I say.  I had a hard time sleeping last night.  This appointment, meant I had to tell my parents, making everything more real and scary.

“Oh! Almost forgot to tell you. I can now go with you. My meeting has been canceled! So I can drive you to your appointment. I’ll be your pretend hubby,” Michelle says with a chuckle.

“Or they’ll just think you two are a lesbian couple,” Alex adds in.

“It’s not like a guy is going to be interested in me any time soon anyways. Who's going to want to date a pregnant college student,” I dejectedly say, earning a pat on the shoulder from Alex.

“Oh, speaking of guys, Cam texted me the other day,” Michelle says.  I inwardly sigh at the mention of her name.  Yeah, we’ve sent a few texts here and there, but we haven’t talked any.  Not gonna lie, I’m really missing her right now.

“Must we bring her up? I’m trying to eat my lunch peacefully,” Alex says.

“Actually, we were talking about you,” Michelle says.  Huh, this should be interesting.

“And why was I brought up?” Alex asks.

“Apparently some guys from EXO came to the coffee shop and Baekhyun asked Cam for your number. She told me to ask you about it,” Michelle says with a smirk.

“I wish the I would give him my number, unless he wants to see a fist against that cocky face of his,” Alex says, which earns a laugh from me.

“From what you guys told me about him, he seems to like you,” I say.

“I happen to agree, which is why I told Cam you said it was okay,” Michelle says with a smirk.

If looks could kill, Michelle would be six feet under by now.  Alex glared at her like her life depended on it.

“What did you just say?” Alex gritted out.

Michelle just shrugged.  “I said you said it was okay to give him your number.”

“So, you’re telling me, this boy of an idol, who I don’t know, has my number? A piece of private information. Is that what you’re saying? Is that what you're trying to tell me at this very moment in time?” Alex asks.

“Yup!” Michelle says, making a ‘pop’ sound with the p.

“You are so ing dead,” Alex says.

“Fight me!” Michelle says while getting up.

“It’ll be my ing pleasure,” Alex says before standing up from her chair and glaring down at Michelle.

“Hey, Robin, we should start heading to your appointment now,” Michelle says before picking up her tray and fastly walking away.

I just shake my head before looking over at Alex.  “Maybe he isn’t really that bad of a guy?” I question.

“Oh, you just need to spend ten seconds with him and you’d understand. He is seriously the most rude and obnoxious person I’ve ever met. He's just so disrespectful to women,” Alex says before taking a seat again.

“Who knows, you could be the one to break and tame him,” I say as I stand up.

“Pssh. In his dreams. Matter of fact, I better not even be in his dreams or I'll knock him out and make sure he never dreams again,” Alex says.

"Why do you always have to be violent?"

She shrugs.  "Second nature, I suppose."

I smile.  “Well, I’ll see you later,” I say.

“See ya. Good luck at your appointment even though I’m sure everything will be fine.”

“Thanks and I sure hope so. Have fun drooling over Professor Lee.”

“Girl you know I will! Imma need to ask if he offers any extra credit, if ya know what I mean," she says as she wiggles her eyebrows,
"Cause I will be on top of that like I'm ri-"

“I cannot with you!” I say before walking away.  Good lord what am I going to do with her.

 

 

Suho’s POV

 

Alright Junmyeon, you can do this, just don’t do or say anything stupid, I say as I give myself a pep talk.

Suho, you need to relax. You’re starting to get me dizzy from all your pacing,” Xiumin says, bringing me back to reality.

“I am calm hyung,” I say.

Sure you are. You just came her a whole fourty-five minutes early and haven’t had a seat since we got out the car. Yeah, you’re as chill as a cucumber right now,” Xiumin says.

I sigh before taking a seat next to him.  “Guess I’m a tad nervous. I just don’t want to mess up anything else.”

You’ll be okay. You’ve realized what you did wrong and you know what you need to do to fix it. I’m sure she’ll forgive you,” hyung says to me.

Thanks. I needed that,” I say.

“Yeah because evidently the pep talk you were trying to give yourself over there wasn’t working too well,” he says with a chuckle.

A few minutes passed as me and hyung got to talking, as he tried to distract me from my nervousness.

Just then, the door opens, showing two figures.  As they walk into the place, I'm able to make one of them out to be Robin and the other one of her friends.  Michelle, is it?

I watch the two go up to the front desk and sign in with the lady.  I watch them exchange some words before turning around.  Robin must spot us because she stops in her tracks and stares.  She then comes over, making me stand.

What are you doing here?” she angrily asks. 

I wanted to be here with you for your appointment,” I say, “and to also talk.”

“I think you did enough talking the last time we met or did you come here to see if I was actually even pregnant?” she says. Okay, I deserved that.

I want to talk and apologize. I have so much to say but I don’t want to do it all here. After the appointment is done, do you think we could go somewhere and talk?” I ask her.

She looks at me, seeming to be contemplating it.  “You can even choose the place if you want,” I say, hoping this would make her say yes.

She looks back at her friend before looking towards me again.  She sighs before speaking, “Fine.”

I smile at her response.  As I was about to reply, someone came out calling her.

Robin?”

Robin turned around towards the lady.  “Yes, that’s me,” she says.

Alright, you can come back now,” the lady says.  Robin nods before heading towards her friend to say something and then heading on back.

I let out a breath and follow her.  I almost run into her when she suddenly stops and turns around.

May I help you?” she asks.

I’m joining you,” I say.

Why?” she asks.

This is my baby, too. I’m going to start taking responsibility for it and I’m starting by accompanying you to this appointment,” I say.

She looks at me for a moment before turning around and walking again.  I don’t know if my eyes are messing with me or not but I could’ve swore a saw the tiniest bit of a smile.  This makes me smile as I follow her through the doors.

 

 

 

Robin sat on the exam table and I took a seat in the chair next to it.

“Are you nervous or something?” she asks me.

Why would you ask that? I’m not the pregnant,” I say.

She raises an eyebrow.  “Well I’m not the one bouncing my leg like a madman there,” she says.

I look down at my leg and see that she’s right.  I put my hands on my leg to try to keep it still.

Guess I am kinda nervous. Never really did this before,” I say.

She nods.  “It’s not that bad. It was scarier during the first appointment,” she says.

This made my heart drop.  The fact that she had to come here by herself killed me.  From now on, I’m going to be by her side.  She won’t be in this alone. 

The door suddenly opened and a doctor showed up.

Hello Robin, nice to see you again. Oh, who do we have here?” the doctor asks.

Oh, er this is my, um”

“I’m her boyfriend, Junmyeon,” I say as I stand up to shake the doctor’s hand.  “Sorry I wasn’t able to be here for the first appointment,” I say before sitting back down.

I glance at Robin to see and eyes wide open.

“Ah, I see. Well, it’s great that you’re here now. I’m her obstetrician, Dr. Yang,” she says.  She then goes to wash her hands before she puts on her gloves.

Now Robin, your vitals and tests look good. You seem to be in the normal range for weight. Have you had any sickness or anything like that?” Dr. Yang asks.

No sickness, thankfully. But I can’t eat some foods that I usually eat everyday,” she says.

The doctor nods.  “That’s completely normal. As the pregnancy continues, you may also crave foods you usually don’t like, as well.”

“Oh, that’s just great,” I hear Robin mumble.

Well, let’s look at your tummy shall we?” Dr. Yang asks.

Robin nods and lifts her shirt up, showing her stomach.

Dr. Yang lubricates Robin’s stomach before starting the ultrasound. 

So you’re far along enough that we can see the development of your baby,” Dr. Yang says before placing it on her stomach. 

“Now, it has a healthy heartbeat and the development is on track. So you have a healthy baby here,” she says before turning the screen towards us.

Wow. That’s my baby,” I say astonished.

I look at Robin who has a smile on her face.

Do we know the gender of it?” I ask.

No, it’s too early to tell the gender of it. We’ll know around the eighteenth week mark,” the doctor says.  I nod in response.

“Can we get a picture?” I ask.

Of course,” the doctor says before cleaning up.  “Everything looks good and healthy. Do you guys have any questions?

Me and Robin both shake our heads.

“Alright. You can make your next appointment with the receptionist and I’ll get you guys your pictures,” she says before leaving the room.

My eyes stare at Robin’s face before dropping to her stomach.  We’re having a baby.  My baby is in there. 

I’m going to be a father.

 

 

 

 

Michelle’s POV

I look scan the waiting room, looking for an empty to seat, only to find one next to. . .him.  I debated on going back to my car and just waiting for Robin there.  I sigh before I walk over to the empty seat.

“I thought you were just going to stand and wait over there,” I hear him say.

I should’ve,” I said.

“I don’t bite, you know,” he says.

“Tch, if you don’t bite then why did I have to cover up your marks for a week?” I ask looking at him.

Yeah, I want to apologize for that. As you know, I was drunk but that doesn’t excuse my behavior, so I’m sorry for what I said and for anything I may have done that night,” he says.

I stare at him.  He looks and sounds pretty sincere.  I guess I can just let it go.  I mean, I was there and at fault, too.

It’s alright,” I say.

“How about we start over? We’ll just do it sober this time,” he says.

Sure,” I say.

He smiles.  “Hey there, I’m Xiumin,” he says while holding his hand out.

I look at him.  He was really serious about this.  “Michelle,” I say as I shake his hand.

“Pleasure to meet you. Sorry we couldn’t have met in better conditions, though,” he says with a chuckle.

I shrug, looking around the waiting room.  “Who wouldn’t want to meet at an obstetrician’s office? I mean, it’s better than meeting on the other side of that door,” I say.

He laughs at this.  “That is quite true.”  I notice him scan me up and down, not in a derogatory way, though.  “Not to sound offensive but you don’t look like you’re from here,” he says.

I nod.  “I’m not. I’m an international student at Seoul National University. I’m from Chicago,” I say.

Oh wow. That’s in the states, right? Are you enjoying it so far here?” he asks.

Yup and yeah. It’s really exciting here and so many different things,” I say with a smile.

Wow, I cannot believe it,” he says with surprise.

“What?”

“You can smile,” he says.

I only roll my eyes at this but couldn’t help the smile form on my face again.

I didn't think you had it in you. You look prettier while smiling. You should do it more often,” he says while looking at me.

I had to look somewhere else as I felt a blush coming on my cheeks.

“So, what do you think about this situation here?” he asks.

I shrug.  “I mean, it’s definitely unexpected but we can’t really do anything about it but be supportive and help whenever we can,” I honestly say.

He nods.  “I agree. When I heard what Suho said to her, I honestly wanted to hurt him with my bare hands. I just couldn’t believe he had the audacity to say that,” he says while shaking his head.  He seemed really affected by that.  I wonder if something like that happened to him.  I could only nod.

“You think they’ll work things out?” he asks.

I can only hope. She already has stuff going on and doesn’t need ‘baby daddy drama’ to be added to that list,” I say.

He nods in agreement.  We continued to talk about different things, from me being in college to him being in EXO.  Maybe this guy isn’t too bad.

 

 

 

Robin’s POV

I take a sip of my hot chocolate before looking to the guy sitting across from me.

We're at the coffee shop Camille works at.  Unfortuantely, she isn't here.

So what did you want to talk to me about?” I ask as I set my cup on the table.

“First off,” Junmyeon begins, “I want to apologize for that night. I know it’s already happened and what’s done is done but I shouldn’t have taken advantage of like that. I also want to apologize for my reaction when you told me you were pregnant. I just shocked me and then I got pretty scared, which is still no excuse. I truly am sorry, though,” he says.

I stare at him for a moment before sighing.  “I forgive you. And besides, that night involved both of us. I could’ve said no but I didn’t and we went through it. It’s both of our faults.

He smiles and nods.

Now what?” I ask.

“I want us to do this together. I want to be there for you. I want to go through this together. I want to be there when you have your appointments and be there if you need anything, only if you’d let me that is,” he says.

I look at his eyes, only seeing honesty and kindness.  I guess it wouldn’t hurt to give him a chance, right?

“Okay.”

“Okay?”

“Yeah. I can’t really say no. The baby has a right to have a dad in his life. Plus, the help would be nice. I don’t want to have to depend on my friends for everything as this isn’t even their baby,” I say.

Silence arises between us for a few minutes before he speaks again.

“So, we’re really having a baby, huh?”

I couldn’t help but giggle.  “Yeah, we really are. Have you told anyone, yet?” I ask him.

Only Lay, Xiumin, and Baekhyun knows. I’m working to tell the rest. You?” He asks.

“My friends know. I have to tell my parents, though,” I nervously say.

“Are you going back home to tell them?”

“No. I’ll probably Skype them. No matter how I do it, I’m not really looking towards their reaction,” I honestly say.

When you decide to do it, let me know. I want to be there when you tell them,” he says.

You don’t have to,” I tell him.

He shakes his head.  “You shouldn’t have to tell them alone since you weren’t the only one involved.”

“Thanks,” I say with a smile.

“So I guess we should trade numbers,” he says, taking his phone out.

I nod, doing the same thing.  We switch phones and I put my number in his, as does he.

“Now, call me when you need or want something. I don’t care what time it is, you can call me for anything,” he says.

“I will.”

“It’s getting pretty late. I’ll take you home,” he says.

“Thanks. My ride kinda ditched me for your bandmate there,” I say.

He chuckles at this.  “I honestly thought they were going to come with us.”

“Speaking of bandmates, what’s up with Baekhyun?” I ask as we stand up.

“What about him?” he asks as he takes both our cups to throw away.

“Apparently he’s interested in Alex and I’ve been hearing things about him,” I say.

We begin walking towards the door.  “That he’s a playboy?” he asks as he holds the door open for me.

Thanks and yeah.”

“He wasn’t always like that. Something happened and he just flipped his switch. We’ve all told him that he needs to stop, especially treating women like their toys who you can just throw out when you get bored of them.”

“Why is he so interested in Alex then?” I ask him.  He pulls down his cap and pulls his face mask up.

“Honestly, Alex is the first girl who hasn’t just thrown herself at Baek. He’s an idol so he’s used to the girls just coming up to him left and right. Maybe once he figures out not everyone wants him, he’ll learn to stop toying with women and their feelings. But other than that, Baek is a really good guy,” he says to me.

I nod, not really knowing what to do about this.  Maybe Alex is right.  She really doesn’t need that type of guy in her life.  But then again, maybe they could become friends and help each other out.

 

We’re soon in the car as Junmyeon drives me home.  What happened back at the hospital popped into my head.

Why did you say you were my boyfriend to the doctor?” I ask.

It just sort of popped out. I thought it would be better than introducing myself as your one night stand,” he says, which makes me roll my eyes.

“I don’t know. Saying, ‘Hello, I’m her one night stand, Junmyeon,’ sounds pretty interesting,” I say with a smile.

“I’ll make sure to say that to your parents then,” he says with a smirk.

“That’s not even funny,” I say as I glare at him, making him chuckle.

I shake my head as I look to the front.  “My building is up the street,” I say.

He nods as he pulls up in front of my building.

“Well, thanks for the ride. Guess I’ll see you later,” I say.

No problem. Remember, call me if you need anything. I’ll be here as fast as I can,” he says.

“It probably won’t be needed but thanks,” I say as I head out the car and shut the door.

 

I turn towards the building and start walking towards the front door. 

Maybe, just maybe, everything will be alright.

 

 

 

 

 

Yeah, I know, boring chapter. I'll try to make the next one better!

Thanks to dyani96, Glomar, RebKim, kpoplover2214, and Lefranc for subscribing!  I hope you all will enjoy it!

I'll try to have another chapter up within the next two days.

 

 

PEACE! :)