Chapter 14

Drunk in Love

Wherever you go, just always remember You're never alone, we're birds of a feather. And we'll never change, no matter the weather This is my oath to you

 ~Oath - Cher Lloyd ft. Becky G

 

 

 

Camille’s POV

I take a breath before entering the dining hall. I walked until I found the familiar table, the three spots already filled taken. I stop and take another breath before walking up towards the table.

“Um, hey. Mind if I join you guys?” I ask with a smile. I look at the three of them. Michelle and Robin seem pretty shocked, while Alex just pulls out the chair next to her.

“Your seat has missed you,” Alex says with a smile. I smile back and sit down with my lunch.

“Am I missing something or…” Michelle says.

Alex just shrugs. “We talked things over. We’re cool now.” I just nod.

“Oh that’s good! I’ve missed you, Cam! It hasn’t been the same without you,” Michelle says.

I slightly chuckle. “I’ve missed you guys, too,” I say as I glance over to Robin who’s been pretty quiet.

“So,” I say, “What have I missed? How was your date with Xiumin?” I ask.

Michelle’s face lights up. “It was great! He seems like a really good and nice guy. There may be something there,” she says.

“That’s great!” I say, “is there a second date in the near future?”

She nods. “Actually, Robin here was just telling us how Suho invited us to come down to the company and hang out,” Michelle says.

“Yeah, you should come,” Robin says with a smile. I just stare at her before nodding.

“Yeah, I’ll have to check my work schedule first,” I say. They all nod in agreement.

“Wait, aren’t you on bad terms with Baekhyun?” I ask Alex.

She waves her hand. “We’ve talked and I guess we’re cool now. But he knows of my warning so he may be slightly afraid of me,” Alex says with a smirk. I couldn’t help but chuckle.

“Oh! Speaking of guys, Professor Lee spoke to me today!” Alex exclaims.

“Oh what for? Did you turn an assignment in late again?” Robin asks.

Alex glares at her before speaking again. “It was only three times!” she exclaims.

“Girl, three times is a lot for one semester,” Michelle chimes in.

“Whatever! That’s not important. Anyways, he says he’s interested in doing a project with me,” she says smiling.

“What kind of project?” I curiously ask.

She shrugs. “We have to set up a time to talk about it.”

“You mean he didn’t even tell you what it was about?” I ask.

“Nah. He has a class to teach right after mine. I didn’t see anything wrong with that,” Alex says.

“I’m sure he’ll explain everything at the meeting or whatever,” Michelle says.

I nod even though I felt a little weird about the whole thing.

“So, what’s been going on with you?” Robin asks me.

“Nothing really. Work and school and just helping my dad some,” I say. Hopefully they won’t go asking any questions.

“Well, we’re just glad to have you back,” Michelle says with a smile.

“Glad to be back,” I say.

“Well, I got a class to get to,” Alex says as she stands up.

“Yeah, I got a stupid meeting with my advisor,” Michelle says.

“Another one?” I ask.

“No. This is from the time she cancelled. What’s the chances of her canceling again?” she asks.

Robin chuckles. “Slim to none I’d say.”

They say goodbye before leaving.

We were left in silence for a bit and man was it awkward. I never thought me and my best friend would be sitting through awkward silence with each other.

“You done for the day?” I ask Robin as I couldn’t take the silence anymore.

“Yeah, I was gonna go chill back at the apartment. Wanna come?” she asked.

“Yeah. We could probably use the time to catch up,” I hesitantly say.

She nods and smiles, “Agreed.”

 

 

 

Robin’s POV

“I just-“

“I want-“

We both start laughing.

“You can go first,” I tell her.

She nods before giving me a small smile. “I just want to say sorry. Sorry for getting mad and lashing out on you, especially when you’ve done nothing wrong. I know you were just trying to help and I’m just sorry. I’m also sorry that we haven’t talked in forever and that I’ve left my pregnant best friend alone,” she says.

I feel my eyes start to water. I shake my head. “Don’t be sorry. I should be the one apologizing. I shouldn’t have brought your mom into discussion. It’s that I’m your best friend and sometimes I forget that we don’t tell each other every single thing. But I know that you’d tell me anything serious or important. I am sorry, though. And I’ve missed you,” I say as I hug her.

“I’ve missed you too Robby,” she says before giggling.

I groan as I pull away. “Don’t call me that,” I say.

She laughs. “Wait-are you crying?” she asks me.

I shake my head. “No. It’s just my stupid hormones. I’m just starting to feel the effects of everything and it’s really hit me. Cam, I-I’m pregnant. I’m really pregnant,” I say as tears continue to fall out of my eyes.

I notice her eyes trail down to my stomach. “Wow, you’re actually showing, too,” she says with a chuckle.

“I know and now I feel fat. I couldn’t wear a pair of skinny jeans because they wouldn’t fit. It’s the start of me becoming a fat pig,” I exclaim.

Cam just continued to chuckle. “You’re not fat. You’re barely showing and what are you like 8 weeks pregnant? Just be glad you didn’t have any morning sickness,” she says with a smile.

“I know, I know,” I say as my crying calms down and I wipe away my tears.

“So how are you and Suho doing?” she asks.

“Surprisingly, we’re doing good and getting along well. He’s really sweet and caring. He was even here with me when I told my parents the news,” I say.

“And how did that go?”

I scoff. “It went. Once I told my mom she ended the call and hasn’t talked to me since then. I can only imagine what my dad’s reaction was when she told him,” I say.

“I’m sure everyt-“ I look at my phone that was vibrating on the table. “Well, whataya know? Guess who’s calling?” I say.

“Your parents?” Cam asks.

“Yeah, my dad,” I say before swiping my finger across the screen.

“Hello?” I say.

“You mind telling me what’s going on?” my dad says.

“Didn’t mom tell you already?”

“Don’t get an attitude with me. How the hell could you get pregnant?”

“It was an accident dad, a stupid accident.”

“Of course it was a stupid accident! And your mother told me an Asian boy got you pregnant. Is that true?”

“Dad, I don’t see what that has to do with anything,” I say.

“First you do some dumb in that country and then you tell us you got pregnant by an Asian boy? What are you going to do about this?!” my dad yells.

“What do you mean? I’m going to keep it!” I exclaim.

“Well, you have fun raising it with that guy of yours,” he says before the line went dead.

I bring the phone in front of me and just stare at it.

“Robin, you okay? What happened?” I hear Cam ask.

“I-I think my parents are done with m-me,” I say as more tears begin to fall.

“What’d he say?” she asks as she pulls me into her embrace.

“He got mad that an Asian guy got me pregnant and it seemed like he was implying that I should have gotten an abortion. Then he basically said have a nice life with it and Suho. Cam, he wanted me to abort it. They don’t want anything to do with me. What am I going to do? I didn't know they would be like this,” I say.

“Let’s calm down first, okay?” she tells me and I just nod.

“Are you coming with us to their company tomorrow?” I ask once my crying settled down.

“Yeah I will. I’ll just call off tomorrow. I’ll be there for support when you tell Suho this.” I nod again glad I didn’t have to explain myself to her.

“I gotta go to work tonight but I’ll come back and we can get a pizza and watch a movie or something,” she says.

I nod again, glad to have my best friend back.

 

 

 

 

And there goes another chapter. Woo! Hope you guys enjoyed it!

I should be able to update tomorrow, too!

 

Thanks for subscribing guys! natasyahermawan and _Chestnut. Glad you guys are enjoying it!