Chapter 39

Drunk in Love

With all I am, I will protect you
From the East where the flowers bloom
A harmonious color

Love Paint ~ NU'EST 

 

 

 

Author's POV

 

Officers and cars are lined up and down the street, as well as surrounding a house. People can be seen gathering into a crowd from afar.

Let me ing go!”

“I'm sorry sir, we can't let you in-”

“She's my girlfriend! Why are you all just standing here? Go save her or I will!”

“You can't do that. We are doing our very best to get her out quickly and safely,” the officer says.

Well when are you going to get her out?”

“As soon as possible. We have to act diligently during these situations. Please let us do our job, sir.”

“Just let me go-”

“Hyung. We shouldn't be here. Let the police do their job. You did everything you could by giving them the information.”

Xiumin shakes his head.  “I can't just leave knowing she's in there. I-I,” he says as his voice starts to come out shaky, “I don't even know if she's okay and it's all my fault.”

Suho pulls Xiumin away from the crowd of police before the turning around and looking at him.

Hyung, I know this is a scary situation, for you both. But you have to let the police do their job or you could get hurt as well,” Suho says.

Maybe that's what I want,” Xiumin mumbles as he looks at the ground.

What? What are you talking about?”

“If anyone should be in there it should be me. She's in this situation because of me. If it weren't for our ing boss she wouldn't be here. She wouldn't have gotten kidnapped! I can't just stay out here doing nothing while she's in there going through God knows what! I have to do something. I-I just can't let anything happen to her,” Xiumin says as tears began rolling down his face.

Suho sighs before placing a comforting hand on his hyung’s shoulder. “This isn't your fault so please stop thinking that. Let's just think about getting Michelle out safely. We'll deal with everything else after. Just let the police do their job. They know what to do. I know it's hard doing nothing but just let them be. You'll just have to save all of this energy for when Michelle needs you after she gets out.”

Xiumin nods as he looks down, tears still falling down his face.

Suho brings him into a hug, and pats him on the back.

“I just can't lose her.”


 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

He chuckles as he looks between the blinds. “Looks like they finally found us.”

He looks over his shoulder to see her slouching in the chair.  He walks over to her and runs his hand over her forehead.

“Why the are you sweating so much?” he asks but receives nothing in response.

“Seriously, now is not the time to be acting like this,” he says but still gets no response back. Not one word.

He sighs as he twists his finger in her hair. “Guess it'll be easier to kill you then,” he says while chuckling before getting interrupted by his phone.

“Tch. Let's see what they want, shall we?” he says before answering it.

“Hello?”

Ryan, this is officer Yang. Please let Michelle go."

"Well no can do, Officer Yang. I'm not letting her go until I get my money. And I'd act pretty fast if I were you. . .I don't think Michelle here is feeling too well.”

We'll send an officer in with the money,” Officer Lee says.

Ryan laughs. “Oh no. I won't accept it from any police.”

“I want it from Kim Minseok.”




 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 Knock Knock 

Camille, open up,” her grandma says, trying to get her granddaughter up for breakfast.

With still no response, Camille’s grandmother cracks the door open and peaks her head in, only to see Camille still soundly asleep, or so it looked like. She knew that Camille was awake and was just laying there. It's been like this for the past two days.

Her grandmother believed it was her just grieving, especially after an emotionally exhausted day yesterday.

Flasback

Camille and her granddaughter walked inside the columbarium to store away her father's remains.

Camille comforted her crying grandmother the time while being there.

However, Camille herself didn't shed a single tear. She hasn't shown a single emotion. She was just. . .blank.

Her grandmother said her final words before walking out of the columbarium and to her car. Camille stayed behind for a few minutes to say some private things to her father.

“I'm sorry dad. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you after she left us. I'm sorry I was a bad daughter. I'm sorry I let you down when you needed me the most. I'm sorry. I love you, daddy. See you later,” she says while placing her hand on his name.

She stays there a few more seconds before turning back and walking towards her grandmother's car.

End Flashback 



Her grandmother quietly shuts the door before walking away.

Maybe I should call her doctor and tell her about Camille’s current situation,” the nurse comes and tells her grandmother.

But she shakes her head. “She's mourning. You can't expect anything. She just lost her father.”

“Yes, I know but-”

“Please. J-just let her be for now,” her grandmother says before sadly walking to her own room.




 

There Camille lays lifeless in her bed. She hasn't left her room much and she hasn't been sleeping. She hasn't been doing much of anything.

However, the one thing she has been doing is thinking. She couldn't help it. All of these thoughts running through her mind to no ends.

They just wouldn't stop.

My mom left. My dad left. My friend left.

All she kept thinking was how everyone she loved just left, whatever the reason may be.

Her phone on her dresser has been vibrating every so often but she hasn't looked at it.

All she's done is lay there and think.

And boy was her mind a current ed up place to be in right now.




 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Author's POV

 

I'll do it.”

“Hyung, think about this, will you?” Suho asks.

I did and I'm doing it,” Xiumin says before looking at Officer Yang. “I'll do it.”

Officer Yang nods. “Do you understand the instructions I've told you?” he asks, earning a nod from him. “Good. Now, we have officers surrounded the property and armed. And we're certain that it's just Ryan and Michelle there. As the looks of it, he only has one weapon, a handgun. Remember, try to stay some distance away from him. And if that's inevitable, don't stand directly in front of him, either.”

“Alright.”

“Are you sure you want to do this, son?” Officer Yang asks.

“I'm positive.”

“I'll call him back and tell him that you're coming in.”




 

Xiumin's POV

 

I hesitantly open the door, only to have a gun pointed at me.

Get in here and shut the door,” he says.

I do what he says before facing him again only to be faced with shock.

Michelle. . .” There she was. She was tied to a chair but she looked so lifeless.

W-what did you do to her?”

“Nothing. . .yet. Now just drop that bag of money you got there.”

The more I stared at Michelle's limp form, the angrier I got.

Why the are you doing this to her? She's done nothing to you!” I yell as I take a few steps closer to him.

He just shrugs as a smirk is plastered on his face. “Because I want to. Actually, you should blame your boss. I mean, he's the one who made the deal and couldn't keep it. Unlike him, I keep my word. So, give me the money and she lives.”

“You know, you are a disgusting piece of and I hope you rot in hell. You really think you're going to get away with this? As soon as you step out of this house, you're most likely going to get shot at. Then you're going to go to prison for probably the rest of your life.”

“Is that so?” he asks as he tilts his head to the side. “Maybe I should just kill her then.”

Before I knew it, he had Michelle in front of him, gun aimed at her head.

Get the away from her!”

“Take another step and she's dead.”

I stop dead in my tracks.

What's it feel like pretty boy? What's it feel like to have the thing you love the most disappear right in front of your eyes? Why don't you call your millions of fans to help you? Where's your other band mates, hmm?”

My hands close in tight fists and I feel myself begin to shake. Just wait, Minseok, just wait.

“I've got something better. How would it feel to see the girl you love kissing another man?” he asks before chuckling.

And that's when all I see is red. I'm ready to fight, not caring if I get hurt or not.

Before could even move my feet, a gunshot was heard followed by another one.

I watch as two lifeless bodies fall to the ground.

No.

No.

This can't be.

Michelle.

“No!”