Chapter 21

Drunk in Love

 

I haven't edited this so I'm sorry for any mistakes you see.

 

 

 

Don’t believe the broken and scattered words
Don’t let go of your small and tiny heart
I think of all the promises we made together
My tears are running, don’t forget
It’s okay if it gets difficult sometimes
Come find me if you want to lean on me
Although I cannot be with you forever

Goodbye ~ 2ne1

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

“God, I think I’m starting to feel this pregnancy thing now,” Robin says as she pushes her lunch away.

“Damn, for you but more food for us,” Alex says as her and Cam grab some food from her tray.

“I’d be mad but that takes too much energy to do,” Robin says.

“You guys, I can’t even deal,” Michelle says to Cam and Alex before turning towards Robin.  “Are you feeling sick? Do you need to go to the doctor or something?”

Robin shakes her head before leaning on her hand.  “Just really tired is all. Can’t really do anything about that.”

“Maybe you should call Jun,” Cam says after stealing the celery from Alex, “let him take care of you.”

“I second that! Make him give you a foot or back rub or something. Make him go buy you food you can actually stand to look at,” Alex says.

“Maybe. I’ll see if he’s free after I leave here,” Robin says before yawning.

“Speaking of that,” Cam says as she looks at Michelle, “you doing okay? You kinda just left after everything last night.”

Michelle looks down at the table before shrugging.  “Nothing to really tell. What we saw on TV last night is true.”

“So he’s seriously going to be going out with another girl?” Alex asked

“Yes. Well, for show and for publicity he is. But in secret, we’re still together,” Michelle says.

“Wow. And you’re okay with this?” Robin asks.

“Not really. I feel like I’m going to be sharing the guy I love with another woman. Not to mention it’s a celebrity at that. Compared to her, I’m like nothing,” Michelle says.

“First off, that is some utter bull. Second, that is some ing bull,” Alex says.

Robin glares at Alex before turning towards Michelle.  “What Alex is trying to say is that you shouldn’t compare yourself to some celebrity or to anyone else for that matter. Minseok wants you to be his girlfriend and only loves you. This isn’t his fault. It’s just something that comes with his job. I know it’s definitely not the best thing, but sometimes you just have to learn to work around it. That is, if you’re willing to.”

“Don’t sugarcoat what I said! He should just man up and say he doesn’t want to date whoever the bimbo is,” Alex says.

“But you’re not thinking about all of the circumstances. His career could be at stake. And don’t you remember the day when Michelle said she got all those looks and stares? What if someone found out they are actually dating? Fans can be really brutal, you know,” Cam says.

“But still! Look at Suho, he’s still allowed to see Robin,” Alex says back.

“Yeah. She’s also pregnant with his child. Different circumstance,” Cam says.

“Whatever. I just don’t think it’s fair,” Alex says as she gives in.

“I know,” Michelle chimes in.

“Just be careful. Matter of fact, we all need to be careful when we’re hanging out with them. We don’t know who took that picture of Michelle and Min. So just be aware more of your surroundings. I don’t want any of us to get caught up in the unwanted spotlight or worse, get hurt,” Robin says.

The girls all nodded, knowing that things could get crazy if someone were to find out that they all knew EXO.

“While we’re on the subject of being careful,” Cam says, “don’t you have your meeting with that professor of yours?”

Alex’s face quickly lit up.  “I definitely do! I’m so excited! I mean, he actually sees something in me that he wants me to help him with this project! It really can’t get any better than that!”

“Well, just be careful. I’m with Cam on this one. He sounds a lil fishy,” Robin says.

“Yeah, yeah. I’m a big girl. Just worry about you and your baby. When do you even find out what it is?” Alex asks.

“Next appointment. Not gonna lie, I’m a little nervous for it. Me and Jun haven’t really had any baby talk. Actually, we haven’t really talked too much about the future or any plans. And that is what frightens me,” Robin says.

“Well, when he’s giving you your foot massage, you should bring up the topic, even if it’s only to see where he stands with things,” Michelle suggests with a smile.

“I guess I will,” Robin says while shaking her head.

“Well, it was nice chatting with you all, but I gotta get to work,” Cam says as she stands up from her chair.

“Yeah, I gotta get ready for my meeting,” Alex excitedly says.

“Guess I’ll go home and call Jun. You going back to your place, Michelle?” Robin asks.

Michelle shakes her head.  “Minseok invited me over to the dorm. He wants to hang out before all this fake dating starts.”

“It’ll be alright, Michelle. If you love him enough, it’ll be worth it at the end,” Cam says with a smile.

“I hope.”

 

Michelle and Robin walk out of the cafeteria together while Cam heads the other direction.  Before she could get too far, Alex yells for Cam to wait up.

“Need something?” Cam says after she turns around.

“Are you going to be visiting your dad after work?” Alex asks.

“Yeah, most likely. I haven’t been there in a few days so I probably should. Why?”

“Just wanted to know. Yixing said your dad didn’t live in the best area. Just be careful, okay? And let one of us know when you’re leaving, even if it’s Baek,” Alex says.

Cam rolls her eyes but nods anyways.  “Will do. Now go to your meeting or you’ll be late. Good luck with it!” she says before turning around and walking away.




 

 

Suho’s POV

 

And that's a wrap! Thanks everyone! You all did well,” the director for the commercial said.

I bow before walking off set and back into the dressing room.

I go change back into my regular clothes before hearing my phone ring.

Hello,” I say without looking at who it is.

Hey, I'm not interrupting anything am I?” I smile as soon as i recognize her voice.

No. Actually, I just got done with a shoot. I'm free for the rest of the day. You want me to come over? We can do something and I can bring some food over,” I say as I put my jacket on.

That'd be perfect! Could you bring some soup? I don't think I can look or eat anything else besides that,” Robin says.

Are you alright? Do you want me to take you to the doctor?” I hurriedly ask.

“No, I'm fine Jun. Just tired is all. I think the effects of this pregnancy is just starting to hit me,” she says before I hear her yawn over the phone.

Why don't you take a nap until I get there. I have the key you have me so I can come in without waking you,” I say as I start walking out the building.

“That sounds swell,” she tiredly says, making me smile.

Alright, I'll see you later. Go get some rest, “ I say before we say our goodbyes and end the call.

I get inside my car and head to a place I know that makes really good soup.




 

Alex’s POV

I knock on Professor Lee's door.  I hear a come in so I open in, only to find him sitting behind his desk with a bunch of papers, probably grading our last exam. I should probably ask him to go over that with me, too. Don't think I did too well.

He soon looks up and smiles.

Glad you could make it, Alex. How were the rest of your classes today?” he asks.

No problem,” I say as I take a seat in one of the chairs that's placed in front of his desk. “Eh, good I guess. I mean, I didn't fall asleep in any of them so I guess they were good,” I say with a chuckle.

He laughs at this. “Always the funny one,” he says. “I have to go make some copies real quick. Once I'm back, we'll get started on the meeting,” he says as he stands up and heads to the door.

No rush. Take your time Professor,” I say. He nods and leaves the office, shutting the door behind him.

I pull out my phone and unlock it, finding that I have a new message from the group chat with me and the girls. I open it to find a picture of Cam posing at the counter at the café, her text reading, I just got here and I'm ready to get off. I shake my head but couldn't help but chuckle.

I respond with, shouldn't you be working instead of posing?

 

I hear the door open so I slide my phone back into my pants pocket.

Hope I didn't take too long,” he says as he takes a seat behind his desk again.

Nope. Not at all,” I say with a smile.

Okay, shall we get started? So, as you may know, I've told you how the College of Business wanted to open up a small café or restaurant run by the students,” he begins.

I nod, letting him know I'm listening and for him to continue.

Since it'll be run by students, we thought it would be a good idea to have a student be manager and try running the place. You know, getting experience and things like that. All of us professors are allowed to pick one student from our class who we want to nominate for running. And I decided to chose you, Alex.”

“Wow. Thank you so much, sir!” I excitedly say.

It's my pleasure. With a student like you, I think the restaurant will run smoothly. And please, we're outside of classes. Call me Jinki,” he says.

My eyes widen a bit but I soon recover from it.

Okay. . .Jinki.”

Good. How do you feel about running a restaurant?” he asks.

I think it's a really great opportunity. I think I'll be able to do it, Profe-Jinki. Since I've been under your guidance and you are the best professor here, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to do the job well,” I honestly say.

He chuckles. “It makes me happy that my students like me and actually pay attention to my classes.”

I nod. “Of course. I think most of us like how you teach both lecture and hands on style. It's like we're learning but also trying it out as well. Plus, your classes are never boring.”

I'll make sure to continue doing that then,” he says.

He then just stares at me for a few seconds without saying a word.

Is everything okay, Jinki?” I ask him.

He nods. “Everything is just perfect,” he says. “How about we talk more in detail about the project and then I can answer any questions you may have. Then I'll help you fill out the paperwork for it,” he nicely says.

I nod with a smile. “Sounds good to me.




 

Xiumin’s POV

 

How was your day today?” I ask her as I take a seat next to her on the couch.

She shrugs. “Not bad, I guess. Nothing too fantastic happened. What about you?” she asks back as she looks at me.

Same. Just had a few interviews is all,” I tell her.

She nods before silence comes among us.

Is something wrong?

No,” she says.

Then why can't you even look at me?”

She finally turns towards me, her eyes beginning to water. She then looks down at her lap and begins playing with her hands.

“It's just that this time tomorrow, you'll probably be out on a date with your other girlfriend. I looked her up, ya know,” she says before bitterly chuckling. “I'm not even close to her, Minseok. You deserve someone that's up to your standards and your status. And honestly, I don't think I can compete with that.”

I deeply sigh. I take her hands in mine and place them on my lap.

Michelle, don't start doing that. It's going to mess you up if you start comparing yourself to others,” I begin to say.

She continues to look down, not saying anything.

Look. I only love you. Just because I'm known as an idol doesn't mean I have to be with another celebrity. I want to be with you. I want to go on dates with you. I want to hold hands with you. I want to be able to kiss only you. I want to be able to hold you and call you my girlfriend. I only want you by my side and no one else. I know right now it doesn't seem this way but I promise I'll fix. I don't know how at the moment, but I promise I will fix this.”

 

After a few moments, she finally looks up at me. Her tears already falling down her face.

 

Michelle, if you don't want to move forward with me I understand. I really wish you'd continue to stay with me because you're the best woman I've ever met and I'm in love with you. But I don't want to force you to do something that makes you feel unhappy,” I say.

The moment after I say that, she begins to cry. I bring her in my embrace and let her cry in my chest, not caring about the wet stain that's forming in my shirt. I try my best not to let my own tears fall.

 

I guess this is it then. . .




 

Suho’s POV

 

I gently close the door behind me. I drop the bags of food on her kitchen counter before going to look in the living room, only to not find her there.

I walk down her short hall, thinking she's probably in her room, knocked out.

I quietly open her bedroom door to see her snuggled up in her blankets, soundly asleep.

I smile at the site. I pull out my phone and get to the camera. I walk closer to the bed before I take the picture. I'll be sure to set this as my background later.

I tuck my phone away in my pocket before going back to look at her. She looks so peaceful and content while sleeping.

I decide to slide into the bed with her. I try my best to make sure not to wake her. Once I'm in, she begins moving. She turns and cuddles up to me before falling back to sleep. I smiled before wrapping my arms around her. I closed my eyes and fell asleep myself, her being the last thing I saw.



 

Alex’s  POV

 

And that's about it. Do you have any questions?” Professor Lee asks.

Not that I can think of. As I said before, it sounds like a really cool concept and I'd be honored to be able to run the restaurant,” I say.

Great. I'll turn you application in and I'll let you know what we decide,” he says.

I nod, standing up getting ready to go before the test pops back into my head.

Oh! Would you be able to go over my test with me?” I ask.

He chuckles and nods. “Of course. I'm glad you're one who cares for her grades and takes the initiative to ask for help. I like that in a person.” I just smile.

“I can't do it now because I have a staff meeting to attend to but I can meet here again the same time tomorrow if that's okay with you?” he asks me.

Sure. That'll be perfect. See you tomorrow, Jinki,” I say before exiting his office.

 

I walk outside the campus, only to see Baekhyun’s car right out in front, making me roll my eyes.

He rolls the passenger's window down as I come closer.

Get in slow poke!” he yells, making me roll my eyes again.

Once I'm in and buckled up, he drives off.

So what took you so long?” he asks.

I told you I had a meeting today,” I say.

I’ve been waiting here forever.”

“You didn't have to stay and wait. I would've understood.”

How long does a meeting with a professor take? It can't be that long,” he says with a tone I can't really read.

Is something wrong?” I ask.

It's just I don't understand what you see in this professor. I mean, no one should go on about him like you do. It gets annoying at times,” he says.

I quickly turn my head to face him. “What did you say?”

He shrugs his shoulders. “If you're just so infatuated with him, why not go him already. I know that's all you want to do anyways.

The hell did you just say?!” I yell.

You heard me. I'm surprised you two aren't in a relationship already. I bet that's how you're passing your classes, huh?”

My mouth falls open at this.

“Just because I like my professor doesn't mean I'm going to bang him like a . In case you didn't know, I have morals, unlike you. Why don't you go somewhere and pick up a . Is that why you're in such a pissed off mood? Because you haven't gotten some in a while?

Just then he slams on his breaks and looks at me.

I turn and look out the window and realize we're in front of my apartment.

If I wanted a to sleep with I would've asked you,” I heard him say. And that's what did it. For some reason, I felt my eyes begin to water.

I look at him before softly saying, “I’m glad that's what you think about me. Thanks for being honest with me and thanks for the ride. You don't have to pick me up anymore. Don't even talk to me again,” I say before getting out his car and slamming the door shut. I walk to the entrance of my building without turning back.

 

I feel my tears fall down my face. I think of going to Robin’s apartment but stop. She's with Suho. I think of Michelle but she's probably talking with Xiumin. I finally think of Cam. It's not like she won't be able to use some company. I decide to go to the coffee shop, but make sure his car is gone before walking outside. I decide to walk to the shop, allowing me to cool off for a bit.


 

 

 

 

 

Well, that took me like a whole month to write and it doesn't even seem that good😂😂😂goodness.

Ah! Shout out to all my new subscribers!  Azreena97, meeooww, shiwon, ayaface, and ode2kdrama (love your name btw!)

I'm still shocked how you guys are still interested in this story, lol. Anyways, thanks for waiting and staying with me here. I go on spring break in like a week, so hopefully I can update a lot during then!

 

Hope you guys like this horrible chapter! Lol.

 

Until then,

 

Peace!✌