Chapter 44

Drunk in Love

I should've kissed you,
I should've told you,
Told you just how I feel,
And next time I won't stop,
I'll listen to my heart,
Cause what I feel is real!

I Should've Kissed You ~ Chris Brown

 

 

 

 

 

Lay’s POV

 

I sang the song I wrote for you for the first time at the concert tonight,” I say. I of course don't get a response back.

I look down at my necklace that I've been fiddling with.

You know, I haven't taken this off since the day you...you passed,” I say before swallowing hard.

I had everything planned, you know. I was going to come see you when I got off the plane. I was going to take you to this nice little park I found. We were going to go for a walk and tell each other about what's been happening since I've left. I was going to tell you that the company was letting me release another solo album. I was so excited. You were going to be the first person I told.”

I quickly wipe away my tears.

I was going to give you a hug when you told me you were proud of me. I just know that would've been what you said.”

I take the roses and place then in front of the stone.

After that, I was going to be all corny by giving you flowers and confessing to you. Just because I knew that'd be something you'd like. And it'd be a chance to let me hear you laugh and see you smile.”

“I wish I was able to tell you. I wish I was there when you needed someone the most. You were always there for me when I needed to talk or just needed a cup of hot chocolate. I should've been there.”

“But Cam, why didn't you let anyone help you? We would've helped you. You just didn't know how much you were-are loved. Your friends love you. Your grandma loves you.”

I put my head in my hands. “Cam, I love you and I will never stop. I wish you were right here in front of me. I wish I got to say the things I never got to tell you.”

“I am doing what you told me, though. I've been focusing on me and the things that make me happy. I just wish you were still here because you were and still are one of the things that make me happy.”

“I better get going here. The guys are probably wondering where I'm at. I'll be back soon Camille. I love and miss you very much,” I say as I stand up and walk back to the car.



 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


 

Author's POV

 

“The concert was amazing!” Robin says after getting Riyeon situated in the high chair.

Thanks babe. I'm still shocked you two came. My two girls made it the best concert yet,” Suho says.

Glad you enjoyed your surprise,” Robin says before leaning in to peck her husband's lips.

Geez, we are eating,” Sehun says.

Whatever maknae,” Suho replies.

“You're Just jealous,” Jongin says with an eye roll.

 

Everyone is enjoying dinner at Alex's restaurant. A private one at that.

 

Wow, the chicken alfredo is delicious,” Kyungsoo says. “You have to give me the recipe for this.”

No can do, Kyungsoo. If i did, you'd have a run for my money and my business,” Alex says with a smile.

Hnm, we could always become business partners,” Kyungsoo says with a chuckle.

Not going to lie but that's a decent idea,” Alex says.

You'd really go into business with him?” Chanyeol asks.

Alex nods. “Why not? I mean, I'd get way more business. Plus, his cooking is amazing. I'd be dumb to say no to him.”

Kyungsoo smiles at Alex's explanation.

 

I'm glad we're all able to talk and hang out like this,” Minseok says.

Hyung, I don't think this is the time for this,” Suho says.

No. I've had enough. We've been here for how long and you haven't said one word, not to me or anyone else.” Xiumin starts off. He stands up and and slams his hands on the table. “And why haven't you answered any of my calls?”

Michelle scoffs. “You're yelling at me? You really want to do this right now?

“Hyung, can you not do this here in Alex's restaurant," Baekhyun says.

No, it's fine. You guys can just talk in the breakroom. Just please don't break anything,” Alex says as she leads the two to the break room.




 

Michelle's POV

 

Did you really plan to ignore me the whole time you're here?” he asks.

Why not? It's not like I have to say to you,” I retort back.

Oh, so this is how it's going to be. You leave and don't talk to me for almost a year?!” he begins to yell.

Eight months is hardly a year,” I say.

This isn't the time to be a smartass Michelle. We never got to talk. You just went up and left!”

“What did you expect me to do? Did you want me to just stay and watch while you two were each other's faces?” I say getting pissed.

He runs a hand through his hair before opening his mouth to speak but I put my hand up and shake my head.

“I don't want to hear it! I don't even know why we're back here speaking. I have nothing to say to you,” I say before walking to the door. I hear laughing behind me.

There you go again, leaving when things get hard or don't go your way,” he says.

I whip my head around. “The do you get off saying that?”

“You never gave me a chance to explain what happened. You just left without a word. Do you know what it was like at the beginning for me? I didn't know where you were. And when Alex and Robin finally told me you went back to the states I was a mess. I loved you. I still love you!”

Now I'm the one who starts laughing. “Right. You loved me. You sure had a fine way of showing it, didn't you? Do you really see me as a fool?”  I scoff and shake my head. “Whatever. I'm done here. Have a nice night,” I say before storming out the room.

 

“I'm leaving,” I say as I end back in the dining area with everyone else.

 

“Here, just let me get Riyeon ready,” Robin says.

I shake my head no.  “It's fine. I'm just going to call a cab.”

“But I thought you were staying with us?” Robin says.

“I don't want to ruin your guys night,” I say.

Nonsense,” Suho says. “You'll be staying with us. Besides, it's about Riyeon’s bedtime. We were just about to leave anyways,” Suho says.

I sigh and nod. “Alright then.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Later that night

 

“Thanks Robin,” I say as I take a seat on the bed.

“Anytime. That's what we're for. Do you wanna talk about it?” she asks as she sits besides me.

“He basically just told me off for just disappearing on him. I had every right to do that, right?”

“Honestly, I think what you did was  pretty immature and petty. You two should've talked,” she says.

I let out a sigh. “After what I saw, I just didn't want to get humiliated any more than I already did. It just sent me flashbacks to high school.”

“Michelle, I know you're scared but you need to give him a chance to talk. You'll never know what exactly happened until you two guys talk. Now I'm telling you this cause I love you. If i didn't, I'd be lying to you right now.”

“Robin,” I quietly say.

“Hmm?” she answers.

 

“I still. . ."

"I think I still love him."










 

Baekhyun's POV

 

You didn't have to stay and help me close up. You must be tired after the concert,” Alex yells from the kitchen.

I put up the last chair on the table before walking into the kitchen. I notice that she's washing her last plate.

I walk up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist and place my chin on her shoulder.

Nonsense babe. I haven't been able to spend time with you in a while. Besides, I'm not going to leave my fiance here alone,” I say.

She turns the water off and dries her hands off with the towel. She then turns around in my arms.

I'm sorry,” she says as her arms end up around my neck.

It's not your fault so stop blaming yourself. We just both have hectic schedules. But we're together now, aren't we?” I say.

She leans in and presses her lips against mine. I immediately respond back. So much emotion was put into the kiss. All the emotion we've keot im simce being apart.  After a while, she pulls back to catch her breath.

 

I lean my forehead against hers.

“I love you,” I say before pecking her lips once more.

“I love you too Baek. I'll try to see you more.”

“Babe, it's alright. You're doing what you love. It was your dream to open up a restaurant. You made it happen. It's going to involve a lot of your time. I understand that. It makes me happy seeing you do what you love.”

“But we barely get to see each other.”

“Babe, we'll make it work. Besides, I have some off time for a while, so you're all mine.”

“Really?”

“Yup. I'm all yours babe. Twenty four seven. You better not get tired of me.”

“I probably will after the first day but since it's you, I'll put up with you,” she says with a smirk.

Very funny. Just wait until we get home,” I say.

Yeah, yeah. We'll just see about that.”

“You'll definitely see. Anyways, I think the frontis done. All the chairs are up on tables.”

“I'm done back here. All that's left is to lock up.”

“Alright,” I say as i grab her hand, “let's go, shall we?”

She smiles and nods her head.

 

The site warms my heart since I haven't been able to see her beautiful smile in a while. This time off will surely do us well. This will also give me a chance to talk to her about maybe starting to plan the wedding, unless she wants to wait.



Either way, I'm just happy she said yes.