Chapter 11

Drunk in Love

This hasn't been edited. . .sorry guys! 

 

Oh, got no reason, got no shame
Got no family I can't blame
Just don't let me disappear

I'mma tell you everything
I'm gonna give all my secrets away
~Secrets-OneRepublic


 

Suho’s POV

“Umm, I think we should go now,” Robin says.

“Look, I’m sorry. And please tell Alex that I’m sorry as well,” I say to her.

“No, it’s fine. It kinda surprised me she lasted this long with him. But I had a nice time, minus the cutting the balls off part,” she says with a chuckle.

I smile at her laugh. It just makes my heart warm.

“We should do this again. Maybe just you and I next time,” I say while rubbing the back of my neck.

She bites her bottom lip as she thinks my offer over. I never noticed how kissable her lips looked. Okay, Suho. Now is not the time to be thinking those things. Look where it got you the last time that happened.

Yeah, I’d like that. Just text or call me when you’re free. I know you guys probably have a super busy schedule,” she says.

“Alright. Sounds like a plan.”

“Oh! Is Michelle even still here?” she asks.

“I’ll go get her for you,” Chanyeol says.

I wait until he’s out of the room to continue speaking to Robin.

So, did you pick a time when you wanted to tell your parents?” I ask her.

She sighs before answering. “Not really. I want to do it before next week ends. Just get it over with. Plus, I need to tell them before I start getting fat,” she says with a bittersweet smile.

“Okay. I’ll tell the guys after you tell your parents,” I say.

Won’t this news affect your guys’ career? I mean, I don’t want to be in the way and get you in trouble or anything like that,” she says to me.

I could only look at her. After everything I’ve said and done, she still cares for me. R

“I’ll figure something out. It’ll all work in the end. Tell me when you want to tell your parents. I want to be right by your side when you do.”

She nods. “I will.

 

 

Michelle’s POV

“So what’d you wanna show me?” I ask him as I take a seat on his bed.

The guys told me that Xiumin wanted to show me something.

Ever since the day of Robin’s appointment, we’ve been texting each other pretty frequently. I don’t know how it happened but I seemed to have found a liking towards him. I usually don’t let someone in this fast, but he seems different. He seems real. And most importantly, he seems honest and truthful, something I’m not used to having, besides with the girls.

So, remember how we were talking and how we got on the topic of movies?” he asks, taking the seat by his desk 

“Yeah, you said your favorite was Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs,” I say with a giggle.

“Hey! It’s a good, powerful movie!” he says not before laughing.

Okay. Anyways, what does your love for meatballs have to do with it?” I ask with a smirk.

“I’m just going to ignore the underlying meaning to your comment there,” he says, causing me to giggle. “Anyways, someone told me that starting Monday, they’re showing old movies everyday at the theater. Next Friday, they’re showing Pride and Prejudice. And since it’s your favorite movie, I got some tickets, hoping you’d want to go.”

He remembered my favorite movie? I didn’t think he was really paying that close attention to what I was saying. Wait-is he asking me out?

“Are you asking me out on a date?” I ask.

He looks down at his lap and rubs his neck. “Yeah. But if you don’t feel comfortable with it being a date, we can just go as friends or you can take the tickets and go with someone else if you want I don’t really-“

“Yes.” Goodness, he really knows how to ramble on doesn’t he?

“What?”

“Yeah. I’d like to go on a date with you. It’ll be fun,” I say with a smile.

“Great. I’ll text you the details later this week,” he says, making me nod.

Did I just accept a date? Let alone accept a date with an idol?

Me thinking was interrupted by someone barging in the room.

Hey Michelle, Robin and Alex are leaving,” Chanyeol said.

Why?” I ask. We haven’t even been here that long.

“Well, Baekhyun said some things-“

“Alright. I think I know what happens after that,” I say before getting up.

Well, I’ll see you guys later,” I say to the both of them.

“I’ll talk to you later, Michelle,” Xiumin says to me as I walk out the door.

“See you Friday,” I say before exiting.

I just agreed to go on a date. I couldn’t help but smile.

 

Now to see what Alex did.

It’s going to be a long night. Maybe Robin Williams let me spend the night tonight.

 

 

 

Lay’s POV

 

I pulled up to a forest looking area. I turn the car off before looking towards Camille. I sigh before getting out and going to the trunk. I wanted to take a walk and show her around but I don’t think she’ll be in the mood to do that anymore. I grab a blanket from the trunk before closing it. I then walk to the passenger’s side Antonio open her door.

How about we go somewhere a little more peaceful?” I say to her softly.

She gets out the car before closing the door. I lead the way until we’re in front of a medium sized lake. I scan the area until I find a pretty decent sized tree. I go to it and lay out the blanket in front of it.

I sit down on the blanket. I look up to see Camille standing looking down at me. I pat the spot next to me. She slowly takes a seat. She leans back against the tree, looking out against the water. I do the same. 

“I found this spot when I first came here and was accepted as a trainee at SM. I found it peaceful out here. I came here when I was stressed about everything. It’s hard coming to a new country, away from your family and friends, not really knowing the language. I used to dance my stress away, I sometimes still do, but then I started getting hurt. And having my illness didn’t make it any better. So if I have time, I like to come here and just get away from everything. Just get away from life for a bit,” I say.

It’s pretty,” she says after a while. 

You probably don’t want to talk about it but I can tell you’ve been holding this in for a while. Every time I see you in the coffee shop, you look more tired and exhausted each day. So I’ll be here listening when you’re ready.” I hope that wasn’t too blunt or mean sounding. I just want her to know that I’m here for her and will lend an ear anytime she needs it.

Silence  surrounded us. Maybe I sounded too harsh. Maybe I shouldn’t have said anything at all.

I came home from school one day to find her in bed with some random guy. What a great surprise to see when coming from school, isn’t it?”  I just look at her in silence, waiting for her to continue.

I told her I was going to tell my dad about it. Next day, I come home to her walking out the door. Of course, I confronted her about it. Next thing you know, we’re yelling and screaming at each other. She even slapped me. It got so bad that neighbors heard us and called the police. She was forced to leave. My dad came home and asked what happened. I told him all about it and he was crushed. The next day, he got this call from the bank, saying my mother emptied out his entire savings. That was practically our life. She took everything. Since then, my dad became this workaholic that I’d barely see. Deep down, I knew he was just trying to push the pain away. Soon things started to get back to normal. Before I came to Seoul, things went sour. He stopped going to work and started staying at home and drinking. Later on, I found out that he’s been burrowing money from these guys. When he stopped making payments, they started coming after us. That’s when my grandma brought us all here.

Apparently those guys followed us here, demanding us for the money. So that’s why I work like crazy. I pay for the payments and my school fees. And as you can see, I give my dad money too so he can buy food and stuff, though I know deep down, he just goes to buy more alcohol.”

“Are the guys still after you?” I seriously ask.

No. I gave them the last payment last week, so they shouldn’t be bothering us anymore.”

“Is that why you sometimes rush off from work?” I ask.

She nods. “Either they’re at my dad’s place, or neighbors are calling me telling me he’s out in the streets drunk. So I go to his place, bring him in, and try to calm him down. Sometimes he’s cooperative and other times he isn’t,” she says with a shrug.

Does he blame you a lot for your mom leaving?” I ask her.  Her frown deepens when I ask her this.

Sometimes. I guess today was just one of those nights. My life is pretty amazing isn’t it?” she says with a bitter chuckle.

Does anyone else know about this?” I ask.

My grandma does. She doesn't really speak to him because he won't get help. My friends don’t anything about him. I don’t even know if I can call them friends anymore.”

“Why don’t you tell them?”

“I don’t want anyone to come after them. Besides, they have other things to worry about. They shouldn’t have to worry about my petty little problems.”

“I’m sure they care, Camille,” I honestly say.

“I don’t know. I sometimes feel like I’m there but not there at the same time. I feel like I don’t really matter, you know? I feel like if I were to just disappear, no one would notice. I feel like I’m not wanted by anyone. And it probably is more true since I messed everything up with them. I went off on Alex and I was too stupid to talk to her. I should've just apologized to her. And now I’m living at my grandma’s, going to school, and working to basically pay for my dad’s booze. If that isn’t sad then I don’t know what it.”

I really think you should tell your friends. I’m sure they don’t think that. If they knew, I’m sure they would be here to support and help you out.”

Yeah. Maybe, maybe not,” she says.  It was silent once again.  I dreaded the question I was about to ask her but I knew it had to be done.

How do you deal with this?” I ask.

She begins to squirm around. “I don’t.”

“Camille.”

“I said I don’t. I have school and work to keep my mind off of it,” she says.

I turn towards her.  “Camille, give me your hand.”

“No.”

“Camille, let me see your hand,” I say but she doesn’t budge.

I grab her by the forearm, earning a yell from her.

“Ouch! That hurts!”

I ease up on my hold on her arm.  I slowly lift her shirt sleeve up, only to find that I was right.

Only, I wish I wasn't.

 

 

 

 

Alex’s POV

 

“I can’t believe he said that to me!” I yell as we enter my apartment.

“What did he say?” Michelle asks.

“He told me he’s never done it with a black girl and he thinks I’m a ing beast in bed!”

“Whoa, he doesn’t stop does he?” Michelle asks.

“You know, this is all your fault! If you would have stayed out of my business and out of my phone, I wouldn’t have had to deal with that ing douche and piece of !” I yell out.

“Maybe he was just joking,” Michelle says.

“Then I don’t find that joke funny anymore. I’m going to ing bed. Good ing night!”

I go to my room and slam my door.  I can’t believe he said that to me.  It was like my mom talking down on me all over again.  What gives him the right to talk to me like that?  Just because he’s an idol doesn’t mean anything.  I don’t even know why I’m so worked up about it.  He’s not worth it. 

I won’t let him get to me.  I won't let my past get to me.

 

I won't let her get to me. . .not again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Woo!  Another chapter before I head back to school!  I hope you all enjoyed it!  :D.  Thanks for commenting everyone!!  I love reading them!  They all make me smile and laugh.

 

Until the next chapter,

 

 

 

PEACE!