Chapter 6

Drunk in Love

Double update.  Read the last chapter first if you haven't! :) Enjoy!

 

 

When I turned around
I saw that I came farther than I thought.
I was alone and I suddenly got afraid.
When I saw myself
I didn’t know I was exhausted.
I was lonely
and I suddenly got afraid
~Fear-Mino ft. Taeyang

 

Author’s POV

A few days passed and Camille still hasn’t talked to Alex.

“Why won’t you just talk to her? I don’t understand why you’re still mad,” Robin says as she follows Camille to the kitchen.

“And why are you still talking about this?” Cam asks as she picks out some cereal to eat.

“Camille, I’m being serious. Just talk to her,” Robin continues on.

“I don’t need to talk to her,” she says as she grabs a bowl and a spoon before grabbing the milk out of the fridge.

“Camille.”

Cam slams her stuff on the counter before turning around and facing Robin. “What makes you think she won’t turn on you again, huh? What makes you think she won’t waltz her back to you and just put you down again?”

“Cam, she’s our friend. She had a reason for what she did and plus she apologized.”

“I don’t care what her reason is. She shouldn’t have done it. Besides, what if you were further along, huh? All of that yelling and stress is not good for both you and the baby.”

“Cam, come on. I know you have trust issues but seriously. You are acting really immature about this. It was a petty little outburst. Get over it. Just because your mom left you and your dad doesn’t mean that ever single person you meet is going to do the same thing,” Robin says, “just hear her out, for goodness sake.”

Camille just stared at her, not believing she just said what she did. “Whatever,” she says before leaving the kitchen, only to come back with her jacket and keys.

“Where are you going? Cam, we aren’t finished here,” Robin says.

“You may not but I am. Besides, this immature girl here with trust issues has a little immature job to go to so she can pay her little immature way through school,” Camille says as she puts her shoes on.

“Camille, you know that’s not what I meant. I just think you shou-“

“No, it’s fine. I have to go,” she says before closing the door behind her.

“,” Robin says.

A few minutes later and the door opens again, only to show a Michelle and Alex.

“What happened to Cam? We saw her as we were coming off the elevator and then she suddenly turned to take the stairs,” Michelle says as she takes a seat on the couch.

“She’s still upset at Alex. I tried convincing her to talk to you and she got all mad, though I did say some things that I probably shouldn’t have said,” Robin says as she puts the abandoned milk and cereal back, along with the spoon and bowl.

“I know what I did was bad and I wish I could take it back but come on. She could at least talk to me,” Alex says.

Robin sighs as she joins the two in the living room. “She just has major trust issues. With her, if you do one thing, even if it’s small, that’s not honest or makes her question your loyalty or trust, you're usually done for in her book. But I thought since she’s known you for what, almost four years now that she would hear you out and understand.”

“She just sounds plain petty to me,” Alex says while rolling her eyes.

Michelle slaps Alex’s arm. “Says the one who had the outburst. Everyone has their issues. Just give her some time and space and I’m sure she’ll come along. Where’d she go, anyways?”

“Work,” Robin says while getting the remote and turning the television on.

“Oh yeah. First day at the coffee shop. You think she’ll give us free drinks? It’ll especially come in handy for all of our late nights of studying,” Michelle says.

“Nah. She’d probably poison my drink,” Alex says.

“I don’t know. She might just spit in it,” Michelle replies back with a smirk.

Alex looks at Michelle. “She’s a pre-med student. I’m sure she’ll poison me with some type of medication.”

As the two continued on, Robin just stared at the television, not being able to take her eyes off of it. 

“Hey, Robin, you o-“ Alex says before looking at the tv herself.

There, on the screen, was EXO, performing on some music show.

“You know, I really think you should tell him. He deserves to know, at least,” Michelle says.

“I don’t know. I’m just. . .scared. What if he denies it? He probably wouldn’t even remember me,” Robin sadly says.

“While that is a possibility, you’ll never know if you don’t go tell him,” Michelle says.

“And if that does happen, we’ll make sure everyone finds out the truth that the sweet leader Suho isn’t as sweet behind the cameras,” Alex says with a smirk. That earned a smile from Robin.

“We should go visit them. You guys are done with classes for the day, right? And didn't he give you the address when Cam had to pick us up that night?,” Michelle asks.

"Yeah, but-" Robin starts but gets cut off.

“That’s a great idea!” Alex says.

“No it’s not. We can’t just drop by. And we probably won’t be allowed in. They’ll just think we’re some weird crazy fans,” Robin says while shaking her head.

“Come on. What else are you going to do? You need to get out while you can before you get too fat to even move from your bed to the bathroom,” Michelle says with a smirk.

“The ? That ain’t even funny!!” Robin yells before throwing the remote at her.

“So is that a yes?” Alex asks.

“Fine. But I’m not driving,” Robin says.

“I’ll drive!” Michelle chirps up.

“Oh geez, bring a helmet,” Alex says.

“Hey, I’m a good driver,” Michelle says.

“Tch. In your dreams girl. Only in your dreams,” Alex says with a chuckle.

 

 

 

EXO's Dorm

 

I’m so bored,” Chanyeol whines.

Geez, how old are you?” D.O says as he shoves Chanyeol away.

EXO just came back from another music show recording. The boys were pretty much worn out and exhausted. Most of them went right to bed when they came back to the dorms. The ones that are up are either writing, waiting for a shower, or is just bored. Well, the latter one is just Chanyeol.

“Alright, I’m done,” Chen yells from the hallway.

Did you want to go first, hyung?” D.O asks Suho.

No, you go ahead. I’m too lazy to move right now anyways,” Suho says with a small smile.

Alright,” D.O says before standing then looking at Chanyeol, “I get to get away from this annoying giant,” D.O says as he walks to the bathroom.

Yah! I’m not annoying. Am I annoying, hyung?” Chanyeol asks Suho.

Not now, Chanyeol,” Suho sleepily says.

As Chanyeol was just about to speak, Lay came to the living room.

“I’m gonna go get something from the café down the street. You want anything?” Lay asks as he slips his shoes on.

“No but thanks,” Suho says.

“I’m coming!” Chanyeol says excitedly, making Lay shake his head.

“Alright. Don’t wait up,” Lay says.

“Mhmm. Be careful,” Suho says.

Will do!” Chanyeol says as he opens the door, only to be faced with three girls. . .three foreign girls. 

Um, who are you?” Chanyeol asks.

What are you three doing here and how did you get passed security?” Lay asks.

“They surprisingly remembered us. We’re here to talk to that leader of yours,” Alex says.

Is there something wrong? Why haven’t you two left yet?” Suho yells from the couch.

“There’s some people here to see you,” Chanyeol says.

What? Do you know how late it is? Chanyeol, if you’re joking, I’m going t---oh,” Suho says.

“We need to talk,” Michelle sternly says.

Umm okay. Come in, I guess?” Suho says.

Are you sure hyung? Do you know them?” Chanyeol asks.

Yeah. You guys go ahead,” Suho says. Lay and Chanyeol nod before moving past the girls and leaving.

Suho moves aside and lets the girls in before closing the door. They then all move to the living room.

What can I do for you?” Suho nicely asks.

You and Robin need to talk privately,” Alex says.

I think this was a mistake. We should just go,” Robin says.

“We came along the way down here. You two are going to talk. We’ll be out in the hallway,” Michelle says.

No need for that. You two can stay here,” Suho says before turning towards Robin, “we can talk in my room.

Suho stands up and begins walking to his room. Robin follows but stops to look back at her friends. They mouth, It’ll  be okay.

 

Camille’s POV

 

Maybe I was harsh to Robin. I didn’t mean to just flip out and leave. I’ve just been so stressed out lately and just so tired. I feel like I haven’t gotten any sleep in ages. I yawn and shake my head a little, trying to push the sleep away.

I go back to wiping the tables. I look at the clock wall, which reads 11:30. Half an hour until midnight, which means a half hour until closing.

I start wiping the last table down. There’s a few people here still, mostly college students studying away. I internally sigh as I think about the homework that awaits me back at home. Whoever said working and going to school was easy were lying through their teeth. 

Camille, watch the counter will you? I have to go to the supply room for a minute,” My boss, Myungdo, says.

Alright,” I say as I put the rag away and walk behind the counter. I look back at the clock on the wall, only to sigh after. Two minutes have passed. I wonder if Myungdo will let me bring my homework in to do when we’re not busy. As I was thinking this, the door chimes to the front door rang. Just put on a smile and be nice, Cam.

“Hello. What can I get you guys tonight?” I nicely say to the two guys in front of the counter. They’re wearing masks and caps. Not creepy at all. Guess this is what you get when you work the night shift.

“Hey, I remember you. You’re the dancer chick,” the taller one says.

“Excuse me?” I say. Who the heck says that to a stranger? Maybe he's just high. Yeah, let's go with that.

The taller one pulls down his mask, showing his face and very toothy smile.

Remember me? You taught me some dance moves,” he says as he starts to demonstrate, causing me to smile. Oh yeah.  The night at Cakeshop.

The other guy grabs him by the arm to make him stop.

I nodded. “Yeah. You’re a great dancer by the way,” I say with a smile. As soon as I said that his whole face lit up.

No need to lie to the man,” the shorter guy says.

Oh, hyung, don’t be jealous of my awesome moves,” the taller one says.

They then begin going back and forth. What odd people.

Excuse me but did you two want to order something?” I ask.

“Oh sorry. I’ll have a hot chocolate, please,” the taller one says.

“I’ll have the same thing,” the shorter one says.

Alright. That’ll be $5.75,” I say.

The shorter nest hands me the money and I ring them up. “You’re drinks will be with you shortly,” I say before going to make them.

 

Suho’s POV

 

Have a seat,” I say as I sit on my bed. I stare at her as she hesitantly walks towards the bed and takes a seat, keeping a good distance between us. Is she scared?

I continue to stare at her. I notice how she furrows her eyebrows and twiddles with her fingers. She doesn’t look at me but instead just stared at her hands.

Are you o-“

“I’m pregnant,” she says.

A big wave of shock hits me like a ton of bricks. Did I hear her correctly?

“W-what?”

“I’m pregnant,” she says again.

Congratulations but why are you telling me this?” I ask, though I think I pretty much know the truth.

Because the child is yours,” she softly says.

And how am I so sure of that? You could just be some crazy fan trying to come after us,” I say.  I didn't mean to say that but the words just came out of my mouth.

I hear her scoff. “I knew I shouldn’t have come,” I hear her mumble.

“Then why did you?”

She stands up and faces me. “Because my friends thought you had the damn right to know about your baby. I didn’t want to tell you because of this exact ing reason. And how am I sure this baby is yours? Because you took my ing ity, Mr. Kpop Star. And we were too ing drunk to use some damn protection!” she yells.

W-what do you want me to do?” I ask, not quite sure on how to respond.

She then smiles. . .not a very nice smile, I might add. “Nothing. I don’t want nor do I need anything from you. Coming to tell you was a huge ing mistake. Just forget this conversation ever happened,” she says before storming out my room, only to slam the door behind her.

I stare blankly at the door.  What just happened?

 

Author’s POV

Michelle and Alex sat in the living room, cringing as they could hear Robin yelling.

“I’m gonna take it that things aren’t going too well,” Alex says.

“It just shows you that these so called idols aren’t what they portray themselves on T.V.,” Michele says.

I beg to differ,” a voice says out of no where.

Michelle looks to see who said that, only to roll her eyes. It was Baekhyun and Xiumin.

Well, well. What do we have the pleasure of seeing you two fine ladies again?” Baekhyun says as he sneaks a seat next to Alex on the sofa.

“Not here to see you, that’s for sure,” Michelle says.

Xiumin laughs at Michelle’s comment, earning a glare from Baekhyun.

What? What she said was funny,” Xiumin says.

Baekhyun ignores him and goes back to looking at Alex. “So, come back to finish what we started?” Baekhyun asks with a smirk on his face.

“And that would be?” Alex asks.

Oh, I’m sure you know,” Baekhyun slyly says while tracing his finger on Alex’s cheek.

“And I’m sure you’ll get your finger broken if you don’t move it,” Alex says.

Baekhyun smiles as he retreats his hand. “Feisty. Are you like that in bed too?

Oh my god. What the literal is wrong with you?” Alex says as she stands up from the couch.

“Hey. You’re pretty good looking and you’re here. I’m sure we can make it our worthwhile,” Baekhyun says.

Baekhyun, keep it in your pants and leave the poor girl alone,” Xiumin says.

“Why keep it in my pants when I could just f-“

Wow. The poor girls who actually think you all are decent guys,” Michelle says, looking down the hallway, wanting Robin to hurry up.

Ignore him. We’re not all like him. Baek is just an ignorant playboy who needs to learn how to control himself,” Xiumin says.

Before Michelle could speak, more yelling could be heard.

What’s going on down there? Why are you two here anyways?” Xiumin asks.

You should ask your responsible leader,” Michelle says.

What do you mean?” Baekhyun asks.

Just then, a door slams and Robin is soon seen storming out.

“Let’s go,” she says as she continues and storms out the front door.

“What was that about?” Baekhyun asks.

Like we said, ask your leader. From the looks of it, this will be the last time you see us. I’d say it was a pleasure but then I’d be lying,” Alex says before walking towards the door.

Oh, you’ll be back here for sure, sweet cakes,” Baekhyun says while he stares at Alex’s .

You guys disgust me,” Michelle says as she gets up as well.

Xiumin decides to walk the two girls to the door.

Hey,” Xiumin says, gaining Michelle’s attention as she turns around to face him.

“I apologize for Baekhyun’s behavior. I promise you, we aren’t all like that. I also want to apologize if I did anything to you that night. I'm not usually like that but that doesn't give me an excuse,” Xiumin sincerely says.

Michelle just stares at Xiumin. “All guys are the same,” she says before turning around, only to turn and face him again.  "By the way, I don't enjoy being marked like someone's property," she says before turning around and walking out. Xiumin stands there for a moment before closing the door.

Well, that was fun,” Baekhyun says earning an eye roll and a smack from Xiumin.

Let’s just go find out what’s going on,” Xiumin says as he heads to Suho’s room, with Baekhyun following behind.

 

 

Lay's POV

Me and Chanyeol head to a booth to sit.

I like her. She seems nice,” Chanyeol says out of the blue.

I raise an eyebrow, “You don’t even know her,” I say to him.

He shrugs his shoulders. “I just have this feeling is all.” I shake my head as I bring my mask down.

I wonder what her name is,” Chanyeol says.

Camille,” I say. A second later, it hits me that I said that out loud.

And how do you know that?” he asks me.

I was saved by the bell, as Camille brought us our hot chocolates.

Two hot chocolates. Can I get you guys anything else?” she nicely asks.

Your name?” Chanyeol asks and I kick him under the table, earning a grunt from him.

Sorry?” she says confused.

“Your name. You just seem like a cool person. I mean, you’ve complimented on my dancing, so you’re automatically cool in my book,” he says earning a small smile from her. I wonder what she looks like with a full out smile. I bet it’s beautiful. Wait, what am I thinking? I shake my head to lose these crazy thoughts. 

She stares at us, looking she contemplates on giving us her name.

Oh come on. We’re not trying to be creepy. It’s that we’re regulars here and we’ve never seen you before. Besides, it’s nice talking to a person without them asking us for stuff,” Chanyeol says, more so the latter part to himself, though I heard it clearly 

Camille. My name’s Camille and I just started today,” she says with a friendly smile.

Well Camille. My name is Chanyeol and this here is Yixing. I guess we'll be seeing each other a lot more,” he says. I just give her a nod.

I already know who you guys are. I just chose not to care. And should I be worried about that?,” she says. Oh? And here I thought she really didn’t know who EXO was.

I was going to say something but Myungdo called for her.

Camille! Someone’s on the phone for you. Said it was urgent,” Myungdo says.

Camille looks back at us. “Excuse me. But I guess it was nice to officially meet you two,” she nicely says before going to the counter and answering the phone.

I stare as she talks to whoever is on the receiver. Her face scrunches up before going into something I couldn’t tell. Was it fear? Anger? By the time the expression was on her face it was soon gone. She then hung up the phone and went to talk to Myungdo. She then goes to the back, only to show up again with a bookbag. She rushes out the door.

Huh. I hope everything is okay,” Chanyeol says, bringing me out from staring at the door.

Before I could answer, Myungdo stops at our table 

What's up you two? Haven’t seen you guys in a while,” he says with a smile.

The comeback has kept us pretty busy,” I say, earning a nod from him.

“So, I see you got a new worker,” Chanyeol says.

Yeah, Camille. She’s a junior here at Seoul University. Her grandma said she was looking for a job and since I’ve known her grandma for a while, I decided to give her a chance. From what I’ve seen today, she’s a hard working person,” he says.

“Isn’t she a foreigner?” I ask. Not to be rude or anything but she just doesn’t look like she’s from here.

“She’s Korean American. Her grandma is from Seoul. Apparently, Camille and her dad moved back here to Korea. Her grandma didn’t go into too much detail but apparently The States wasn’t working out too well for her dad. She seems like a nice girl, though.

She does. I think she’s the first girl who didn’t yell at us or ask for a picture,” Chanyeol says with a smile.

Myungdo nods. “Her grandma told me she keeps to herself a lot. So I guess that’s a good thing. So, can I get anything else for you guys before I begin closing up?

Nah. We’re good. Thanks,” I say. He nods and walks away.

So, she’s part Korean? That’s why her speaking skills sound so fluent. She’s mighty pretty if I may add, too.

Lay, hey. Come back to the real world,” I hear Chanyeol say.

“What?”

“I said we should get going. What were you thinking about?”

“Nothing. Let’s just go,” I say as I chug the rest of my hot chocolate before throwing the cup away.

 

 

At the Apartment

“I can’t believe him! I knew I should’ve listened to my gut and not go over there. Everything I thought would happen, did,” Robin yells as she paces back and forth.

“Hey, why don’t you calm down? I’m sure it isn’t healthy for the baby,” Michelle says.

Robin slouches on the couch. “I guess this baby really is going to be raised by a single parent. Why is my life so screwed up right now. I still have to tell my parents.”

“Hey. That baby is gonna have a great single mom and three awesome aunts!” Alex says cheerfully.

“I don’t know if I can do this guys. I know you said you two would help but it isn’t fair to yall. Maybe I should just give it up for adoption, give it to a family who can actually care and support it. I mean, we are all twenty and still in college. How is a baby going to be raised by a twenty year old?” Robin exclaims.

“Robin, like we’ve said many times, we’ll have your back. No matter how hard or rough it’s going to be. It doesn’t matter if the dad is in the picture or not, you’ll be able to get through this,” Michelle says.

“I know. I’m just worried,” Robin says before sighing.

"And besides, I think it's a good thing your baby won't be near EXO. They are some douchebags," Michelle says.

"What do you mean?" Robin asks.

"While you were talking or yelling to Suho, Baekhyun and Xiumin came out. Baekhyun thought I was there so we could ? Like how delusional does he have to be? What type of girl does he think I am?" Alex says.

"Wow. Who would've thought?" Robin asks.

"Precisely why this is a good thing. Your child doesn't need to learn from them," Michelle says, earning a nod from them.

The girls then sat in a comfortable silence.

“Hey, where’s Cam? Didn’t you say she gets off at twelve? It’s almost half past one,” Alex says.

“I don’t know. She hasn’t called or texted all day,” Robin says.

“I really think something is up with her. She’s been acting weird lately,” Michelle says.

“It’s probably just school getting to her,” Robin calmly says.

“I think it’s something more than that. It’s like she’s been on edge lately. I mean, it’s 1:30 in the damn morning and she’s still out there,” Michelle says.

“I’m sure if she needed something she would call,” Alex says with Robin nodding in agreement.

“Yeah. I’m going to bed. I have a 9am class tomorrow,” Robin says as she stands up and stretches. “I’ll text yall when Cam gets back. Night,” she says before walking towards her room.

“Come on. We should go too,” Alex says and Michelle just nods, still worrying about Cam.

 

 

 

EXO's Dorm

Suho POV

I continue to stare at the door, until it finally hit me.

She’s pregnant.

I took her ity.

That baby. . .

. . .is mine.

!” I yell as I grab onto my hair. “What the did I do?”

Anger and guilt starts flowing through my body.

I’m so ing stupid!” I yell. What am I supposed to do?

Hyung, are you alright?” I hear someone ask. I turn towards the door, not hearing it open.

I bitterly laugh. “I’m just ing perfect. That girl just told me she was pregnant and that the baby was mine,” I say as I continue to laugh like a mad man. 

She-you-what?” Xiumin says, “Are you sure?”

“Yeah. Apparently I’m the stupid prick who took her ity and got her pregnant.”

What are you going to do?” Baekhyun asks.

“Wait. She said she doesn’t need nor want me in the child’s life. So I’m let off the hook. I don’t have anything to worry about. I’m golden,” I say.

“You’re not serious are you?” Xiumin asks.

What?” I ask as I look at him.

For God’s sake, Junmyeon, she’s pregnant with your child. You’re in this just as much as she is,” Xiumin says.

“No. She gave me an out and I’m taking it. I’m an idol. I can't have this in my life,” I say.

Xiumin then comes up to me, “You better get your ing head together. You better think long and hard before making a stupid decision. That child is yours. You both made it so you both should be responsible for it. Don’t you dare ignore it like nothing ever happened,” Xiumin said angrily. I’ve actually never seen him this mad before and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t slightly frightened.

“I did make my decision. I’m staying out of it,” I sternly say.

“ing bastard,” he says before leaving the room.

I scoff at him then look towards Baekhyun. “You got something to say, too?

I by no means have any say in this as this is certainly your problem and stupid mistake but I happen to agree with hyung. You have to take responsibility for your actions. It’d be wrong for her to deal with this by herself,“ he says before walking away.

I sigh as I sit on my bed, elbows on my knees, and head in my hands 

What the am I supposed to do?

Kim Junmyeon, you ed up big time.

And I mean, big time.