Chapter 5

Drunk in Love

 

I won't tell your secrets. Your secrets are safe with me.
I will keep your secrets. Just think of me as the pages in your diary.
~Diary-Alicia Keys

 

 

Alex’s POV

I slammed the door to our apartment. Why the was Camille getting mad at me for? It’s not my fault Robin got herself into this situation. I hear the door being opened and closed.

“What the hell was that?” Michelle asks me.

“What?” I ask.

“You know what. Why did you just go off like that? Robin needs us right now. She needs friends. Not someone to tell her that her life is over. And then you got into it with Camille,” Michelle says.

“I just told her the goddamm truth!” I yell.

“You didn’t have to scare her or put her down. You don’t think she already feels that way? You just brought her down even more,” she says.

“I really don’t need this from you right now. I already got enough from ing Camille and her bull excuses. I don’t need it from you, too.”

"Seriously, what is your problem?"

"Currently, my problem is you annoying me with these ing questions," I say.

Michelle just stood there and stared at me. “Is there something going on? You just randomly burst out and you don’t do that without a reason behind it.”

I rub a hand down my face before walking over to the couch and taking a seat.

"I can't believe I'm still letting that woman affect me like this," I say to no one in particular.

“MY mom gave birth to me when she was around our age. Ever since I could remember, she would tell me how I ruined her life and how I was the biggest mistake she’s ever made. She blamed me for my father leaving as soon as I was born,” I say.

“I'm sorry, Alex. I didn’t know,” Michelle says as she sits next to me.

“No one does. The verbal abuse had gotten so bad that my aunt brought me to live with her. I was about ten at the time. The best part is that she didn’t even care. She never fought for me to stay with her. She was happy to give me up since I was ruining her precious life,” I laugh bitterly. “You know, she never came to see me graduate high school? She never even called to tell me happy birthday or anything. But apparently she can still send my aunt Christmas cards of her new happy family. Isn’t that great? I’m in college, working my off to impress her, thinking that she’s really going to give one ,” I say, quickly wiping a tear.

"You want to know what the best part is? Before I moved in with my aunt, she told me, 'I should have listened to everyone and aborted you. I would still be happy if it weren't for you stupid child.' I remember that so clearly," I say.

“And that’s what you think is going to happen to Robin?” Michelle asks.

I let out a sigh. “In all honesty, no. I know she would never do that. Everything I said out of there just came out during the heat of the moment. It just reminded me of my crappy family. It just reminded me how I didn’t have a good childhood. I was abandoned and never had a mom that I always needed and wanted.”

“I’m sorry you had to go through that. But hey, if Robin does happen to be pregnant, her baby won’t turn out like that, especially with your support. She needs you more than anything right now. She’s scared and freaking out, as well. I’m sure if you tell her this, she’ll understand. You guys could help and support each other.”

“Why are you always right?” I ask with a smile.

“Because I’m Michelle Johnson and I am always right. Yall three should be lucky and proud as to have me as a best friend,” she says while flipping her hair off of her shoulders. I just roll my eyes.  This drama quee, I swear.

“I guess I should go back and apologize,” I say.

“Yeah. I’m sure Robin will understand,” Michelle strangely says.

“Just Robin? You don’t think Cam will?” I ask her.

“That’s the thing. I don’t understand why she got so upset. I mean, I was pretty mad how you acted but she lunged at you, ready to fight. I feel like something is up with her or she’s not telling us something,” Michelle says.

I just shrug, not really understanding where she’s going with this.

“I don’t know. I just think she was mad and got caught up in the moment, too,” I say.

“Yeah, maybe.”

 

 

The Next Day

 

Robin’s POV

 

I look in the mirror as I finish my hair. Once done, I just stare at myself and look at my reflection. Who is even this girl? Who am I? Can I even handle this? My hand unconsciously moves to my stomach. What am I doing with my life? What is happening? It’s like someone else took control of my life and I’m just along for the ride.

A knock at the door disrupts my thoughts.

“You almost ready Robin? We have to leave soon if we want to make the appointment on time,” Cam says through the door.

“Yeah. I’ll be out in a few,” I say and I hear her walk away from the door.

I let out a breath before finally walking out of the bathroom.

“You feeling alright?” Cam asks as I reach the living room.

“I’m fine,” I say before a knock is heard at our front door.

“You expecting someone?” I ask.

‘Yeah. With my nonsocial life, I’m expecting my twenty friends right now,” she says as she walks to the door.

“No need to be sarcastic” I say with a small chuckle.

I watch her open the door only for her to slam it a second later.

“What was that about? Who was it?” I ask.

“No one. Just some Jehova's Witnesses,” she says before walking back to her room.

I watch as she walks back. That was weird. Just then, another knock is heard at the door.

I walk to it and open it. “Oh, hey guys,” I say with a small smile.

“Why did she slam the door in our faces?” Michelle asks.

“What? That was you? She told me it was a Jehova's Witness.”

“Guess she’s still mad,” Alex says. “Speaking of which, can I talk to you Robin?”

I hesitantly nod and move aside to let them in. I shut the door and walk to the couch and take a seat.

“Where did Cam go that quick?” Michelle asks.

“She’s in her room,”  I say.

“Okay. You guys talk and make up and I’ll go bother Cam,” Michelle says.

“Okay then,” I say with a raised eyebrow.

 

 

Michelle’s POV

I walked up to Cam’s door and knocked. I waited but she didn’t answer or open it. I didn’t hear any movement either so I decided to just walk in.

I found her at her desk, probably doing homework. No wonder she couldn’t hear me, she has her headphones on.

Perfect time to scare her, I thought. I quietly walk towards her desk, only to be stopped by her voice.

“If you’re trying to scare me, don’t even think about it,” she says before turning around.

“What do you want?” she says.

“Damn. What’s gotten up your ?” I ask her as I sit on her bed.

“What do you want?” she asks again before sighing.

I shrug. “I just wanna know what’s up. You kinda lost it last night,” I say.

“Nothing is going on,” she says.

“Really? Then why were you ready to attack Alex?” I ask her.

“What do you mean why? She was rude, mean, and inconsiderate. She was putting Robin down,” she says.

“Why are you getting all mad? I’m just trying to help because evidently something is bothering you. I’m here to listen if you need it,” I say.

“Well thanks for the offer but I’ll pass because I’m perfectly fine,” she says.

I was about to say something but then her phone began vibrating on her desk. She turned to look at it then let out a sigh. I saw her face frown for a moment before going back to normal. She ran a hand through her hair. Something is definitely up with Camille.

She then turns and looks at me. “Is Robin ready? She has an appointment to get to,” she says before standing up.

“And where are you going?” I ask.

“Out,” she says before leaving her room.

Seriously. What is with that girl? Maybe Robin knows. Whatever it is, it has something to do with the text she got.

 

Robin’s POV

 

“Oh my goodness. I’m so sorry, Alex,” I say as I bring her into a hug. “I would’ve never known. You’re such a happy and cheerful person.”

Once out of the hug, she shrugs her shoulders before smiling. “I have other things to be happy about. I have my amazing aunt and I have you guys. You’re all like sisters to me. I’ve never told this to anyone but yall. So it’s either we’re sisters or you all have to die,” she says before chuckling as I join along.

“So I apologize and I hope you can forgive me. I want you to know that I’ll be here for you every step of the way. Well, maybe except the delivery room. We’ll just leave that to future doctor Camille. But really, I truly am sorry.”

“Of course I forgive you. You’ll be an awesome aunt. And I really appreciate it. To be honest, I don’t know what to do. Cam gave me all the options for this. I’m scared. I’m freaking out. I don’t think I can do this. I’m not ready. Like you said, I’m young and still in college. What can I give the baby? I’m barely an adult myself. I haven’t even told my parents yet and they’re across the world right now,” I say as I wipe a tear away.

“Look, Robin. I’m not saying it’s going to be easy because it’s not. It’s going to be hard as . But you have a lot of support and love here and so will that baby. You won’t be alone. And if you need support with telling your parents, we’ll be there for you, too.”

“Thanks, Alex. That means a lot,” I say before smiling.

Just then, we saw Cam stroll through the living room, grabbing her keys, and walking towards the door.

“Where are you going?” Alex asks her, only not to get a response back.

“Camille, where are you going? Aren’t you coming to my appointment with me?” I ask her.

“I need to go somewhere. I’m sure Michelle can take you,” she says.

“Um, yeah. Sure. Me and Alex can take you,” Michelle says.

I look back at Cam. “Alright. I’m sure everything will be fine,” Cam says before walking out of the dorms.

“What was that about?” Alex asks.

“I don’t know. Is she okay? I feel like she’s not telling us something,” Michelle says.

“What do you mean?” I ask.

“I was talking to her and then all of a sudden she got this text and then she just up and left. She’s not in any trouble is she?” Michelle says.

“Nothing that I know of. Maybe she’s just upset about last night. Speaking of which, we need to leave right now if we’re going to make it on time,” I say.

They both nod and we head out.

 

 

 

At the Doctor’s Office

 

My leg kept bouncing up and down. I’m internally freaking out right now. There’s a chance that the home pregnancy tests could be wrong, which is why Cam made this appointment.

“Robin, relax. Everything will be fine,” Alex tells me.

“I hope. Just nervous is all, I guess,” I say.

“Robin Owens?”

I let out a breath before standing up and walking towards the doctor.

Hello, I’m Dr. Yang. Please follow me,” she says.

 

 

We end up in the patient’s room. “Please have a seat on the bed, Miss Owens,” she says.

Okay. So you’re here because you had two positive home pregnancy tests, correct?” she asks.

“Yes,” I say.

Aright. We’ll just do some blood work to confirm everything and to make sure you're all healthy. Sound okay?” she asks.

I nod.  "Let's do this."

 

Author’s POV

The girls are sitting in the waiting room, waiting for Robin's results.

“Hey Robin,” Michelle says.

“Hmm?” Robin responds.

“Have you thought about Suho? Are you going to tell him?” Michelle asks.

“To be honest, I haven’t thought that far. I mean, he’s this big famous star. Besides, he probably won’t believe me anyways,” Robin says with a shrug of her shoulders.

“So you’re going to raise the child by yourself?” Alex asks.

“It’d be better than putting it in all the drama, right? I don’t know. Like I said, I haven’t really thought about it,” Robin says.

Soon after the doctor calls Robin back.

 

 

I guess congratulations are in order. You are six weeks pregnant, Robin. Now, all of your vitals and tests came back normal. We’ll make another appointment in two weeks to check on the baby itself, okay? By then, it will have grown some and we’ll be able to have a better look at it. Do you have any questions?” she asks.

Wow. So it’s official I guess, huh?” Robin says.

I’m assuming this was an unplanned pregnancy,” the doctor says.

More of an unexpected pregnancy.”

“Have you decided what you’re going to do? Do you know all of your options?”

Yeah. My friend explained them all to me last night. I think I’m going to keep it. Even though it was unplanned, I can’t blame this on it, right? Just because I wasn't responsible doesn’t mean it should suffer on my behalf,” Robin says.

“That's very brave and generous of you to say. A lot of women in your shoes would be terrified right now."

"Oh trust me. You have no idea how much I'm freaking out. But I think I have a pretty good support system to help me out."

"Is the father involved?" the doctor asks.

"I'm not quite sure on that," Robin says before awkwardly chuckling.

"Alright then. Let me know if you need anything. Here’s my card and I’ll see you again at your next appointment.”

 

Robin walks to the waiting room to meet Michelle and Alex. They both stare at her as she stands in front of them. Robin slowly nods as tears begin falling out of her eyes. The two hurriedly rush to her and bring her into a hug.

“You’ll be okay. Everything will be fine,” Alex says.

“It’s okay, Robin. You can do this,” Michelle says.

That was the thing. Will everything be fine? Will she be okay? Will she be able to do this? She didn’t know the answers to any of those questions.

The only thing that she did know was that she was definitely pregnant.

 

Oh how her life will never be the same.