Chapter 10

Drunk in Love

There may be some content some may find offensive.  Just a warning.  

Also, this has been half-way edited so I apologize for any errors. 

Enjoy!

 

 

 

The prettiest smiles hide the deepest secrets.
The prettiest eyes have cried the most tears.
And the kindest hearts have felt the most pain

 

 

Mystery Flashback

“You know, you are such a gorgeous girl.”

I smile at him, “Thanks.”

He leans over towards my seat and ends up right in front of me, so close that I can feel his breath on my lips. I see his eyes dart down to my lips but come back up to my eyes.

He then kisses me. It starts out gentle but soon gets rough . . .very rough.

His hand ends up on my hip but slowly works its way under my shirt and up my stomach.

I push him off of me. “Stop. I’m not ready for that.”

He looks at me before diving at my lips again, facing me to push him back.

“Seriously, stop. What is wrong with you?”

“We’ve been going out for two months now. I think I’ve waited long enough.”

“Well I’m sorry that I don’t match your timeline. If I’m not ready then I’m not ready. You can’t force me.”

He gets back into his seat before mumbling something. “I don’t even know why I agreed to this.”

I turn my head towards him. “Excuse me? Agreed to what?”

“Nothing. I’m taking you home.”

“No. What is going on?”

He continues to drive in silence. He soon stops in front of my house. He turns the car off before turning towards me. He looks like he’s trying to say something but he just sighs and shakes his head.

“I’ll see you tomorrow at school.”

With that, I get out of the car and shut the door, watching him drive off.

 

 

 

A few days have passed as it was now the weekend. That meant no waking up early for classes and sleeping in past 7am.

 

Robin’s POV

I turn over in my bed to get even comfier in my blankets. As I was about to doze off again, I hear a banging sound coming from my door.

“God away!” I yell.  Geez, it’s Saturday morning, let me sleep. I push my face deeper into my pillow, ready to get back to dreamland.

BANG BANG BANG (hahhah see what i did there? Great, aren't I?;)

I groan as I throw the covers off of me. It’s Saturday morning and I can’t even sleep in. You think they’d have pity on my since I’m pregnant. What great friends I have.

I walk put my room, not caring what I look like, since I know it’s one of the dufuses at the door.

I put my hand on the door know and open it.

“What the fu-“

“Robin! Help me! Hide me! Something. She’s coming after me right now,” Michelle says as she runs inside my apartment.

I turn towards her with a raised eyebrow. “Do I even want to know?” I ask.

“Don’t just stand there! Shut and lock your door!” Michelle says.

“What did you do this time?” I ask.

“Nothing, I did nothing!” she says.

“Nothing my ing !!” someone says. I turn to see an angry looking Alex standing in the door way 

“Can you just get in here before the neighbors start complaining?” I say.

Alex walks in and I shut the door. I decide to go stand in between them, not wanting to clean any blood off the carpet today.

“God ahead. Get it out your system,” I say.

“So you know how she gave out my number to that douchebag of an idol, right?” Alex says. I nod, giving her the signal to continue.

“Well, that dip has been texting me and I’ve been successfully ignoring him.”

“Okay. . .”

“Why don’t you tell her what you did? Hmmm?” Alex says to Michelle.

“I was just helping a friend out!” Michelle exclaims.

“What did you do Michelle?” I ask her.

She just shrugs. “I might have took her phone and responded to one of his texts.”

“Why don’t you enlighten us all about what you replied to?” Alex asks.

“He’s asked her if she could come over to their dorm. I said I’ll come only if my friends could come,” Michelle says.

“And what did he say?” Alex asks.

“He’s said okay. So today, we’re going over to their dorm.”

“Michelle! I’m not going over there! Why would you even do that?” I exclaim.

She shrugs. “It’ll be good for you! Aren’t you and Suho on good terms now? You guys could spend more time together!”

“I really don’t want to see him any more than I have to and why would you agree to this when you know Alex doesn’t like him?” I ask her.

She goes quiet and begins looking everywhere but at me and Alex. I turn to Alex who just nods.

“You did this to see Xiumin? Is he the reason why you left me at the coffee shop, too?!” I yell.

“W-no! Well. We thought it’d be a good idea to let you two work things out so he took me home,” Michelle says.

‘And they traded numbers which is why I don’t understand why you had to go through me to see him! I’m not going, Michelle,” Alex says.

“Neither am I. I’m way too tired for this. I should be in bed right now,” I say.

“Come on guys! Please! For me!” Michelle whines.

“Michelle no. I just want t-“ the ringing of my phone cut me off.  I look at Michelle, “I’m not done with this,” I say before going to get my cell of the kitchen counter.

“Hello?”

Hi Robin. This is Suho,” he says. I bring my phone away to look at the caller ID. Whataya know, it really is him. I really need to look at my phone before answering it.

“Oh hey. What’s up?” I ask but not without glaring daggers at Michelle.

So Baek told me that he invited you guys over. I just wanted to make sure it was okay with you  You don’t have to come over if you don’t want to. You’re probably tired or already have plans for the day.”

“I actually didn’t know I was supposedly coming over,” I say. Michelle gives me an innocent smile only to receive the finger in response.

Oh well, this is awkward,” he says with a chuckle.

Umm, who’s exactly going to be there anyways?” I ask.

Just some of us since the rest have a schedule. Me, Baek, Xiumin, and Chanyeol. Lay is off but he says he has plans.”

I stand there in silence, contemplating if I should go or not. I mean, I was just going to laze around all day.

Look, you don’t have to come if you don’t want to. I don’t want you to feel uncomfortable in any way.”

“Sure.”

“Yes? As in you’re coming?”

“Yeah, I mean if you want me there.”

Of course! It’ll give us a chance to get to know more about each other. Do you still have the address to our dorm?”

“I’m pretty sure I do.”

“Great. I’ll make sure to let the guards know you guys will be coming. See you later!”

“Yeah, bye.”

“Robin Owens, what did you just do?!” Alex exclaims.

“Nothing. It’s not like I just agreed to go to EXO’s dorm or anything,” I say.

“YOU WHAT?!”

“Oh my goodness, thank you Robin! I owe you!” Michelle says.

“Damn right you do. And look, Alex, if you don’t want to go you don’t have to,” I tell her.

She sighs. “No. It’s not like I have anything else to do. And I’m not staying here by myself doing homework.”

“Thanks you Al-“ Michelle starts but gets cut off.

Alex puts a hand up. “I don’t want to hear from you right now,” she says before walking out the door.

“Well, looks like I’ll be here a while,” Michelle says before walking over to the couch and laying on it.

“Please, do make yourself comfortable,” I say while rolling my eyes.

I look at my clock and realize it’s only 11 o’clock.  With a sigh, I decide to head in the shower, hoping it would fully wake me up.

“I’m taking a shower. I know it’ll be hard but try not to do anything else stupid,” I say as I walk to the bathroom.

“Eh, we’ll see!” she yells back.

Why do I even bother?

 

 

 

Camille’s POV

I cover my mouth with my hand as I let out a yawn.  Since it was a Saturday, I’m here working the morning shift.  I shake the sleepiness off before grabbing a rag and wiping down the counter.

These last few days have been pretty awful.  I haven’t gotten much sleep between work, classes, and dealing with my dad and his stuff.  My car broke down the other day and I don’t have money to get it fixed.  I’ve been resorted to taking the bus to school and work.  It’s gotten so bad that I’ve started doing something I promised I’d never do again.  I keep telling myself that it was a one time thing and that everything will be okay.  As long as my grandma doesn’t find out, everything should be okay. . .right?

It’s been a while since I’ve been this stressed and emotional.  Usually when I’m like this, Robin, or even Michelle or Alex are there to comfort me.  I can’t go to them with this, though.  They don’t know about it and it should stay like that.  Besides, they have more important things to worry about besides me.  If I were them, I wouldn’t care about me either.  Plus, it’s not like I’m on good terms with any of them.

The ringing of the bell brings me out of my thoughts.  I look up from the counter to see Lay or Yixing.  He’s been coming by here almost everyday now.  It’s weird but I’ve enjoyed his presence.  He makes me forget all of my problems, even though it’s only temporary. 

“Hey Camille,” he says when he gets to the counter.

Hey Lay. What are you doing here so early today?” I ask.

“Some of us had an early schedule this morning but I’m done for the rest of the day.”

“That’s good. Now you can go chill and relax,” I say.

He smiles.  “Something like that.”  I look at him, not really knowing what he meant by that.

“Can I have a regular coffee?” he asks.

Sure,” I say and he hands me the money.  “I’ll bring it to you when it’s ready,” I tell him before making his coffee.

 

Once it’s done, I walk to his table and set it down. 

“Here you are,” I say.

Thanks,” he says before taking a sip of it.  “Say, are you doing anything after your shift here?” he asks.

Not really. Just homework,” I say.

“How about you take a break and spend the day with me?” he asks with a smile.  I just stare at him, not too sure what to say.

“Come on. I think we’ve gotten to know each other well enough to hang out outside of the café don’t you think?” he asks.

“I guess so,” I say.

“Great. When do you get off?”

I start to lift my sleeve up to look at my watch but quickly push it back down.  I look at the wall clock instead.

“In about thirty minutes,” I say looking back at him.

He slowly nods.

“Oh, I have to go somewhere first. I can meet you after,” I tell him.

He shakes his head.  “I can take you. Don’t think I haven’t noticed you taking the bus these few days. I’ll take you wherever, it’s no problem.”

“No really, it’s fine. It won’t take long.”

“Then it won’t be a problem.”  I open my mouth to say something else but he gives me a look telling me he’s final on his decision. 

I’ll just wait for you here until you get off,” he says.  I could only nod.

I walk back to the counter.  I really wish he wouldn’t go.  I don’t want him to see that part of me.  The only one who knows is my grandma.  Just thinking of it makes me feel ashamed and just downright embarrassed.

 

 

 

 

 

Suho’s POV

 

I felt pretty excited when I got off the phone with Robin.  I’m glad she decided to come over.  When we talked at the coffee shop, I immediately took this liking towards her.  I don’t know why but it’s just something about her.  I don’t know if it has something to do with her being the mother of my future child or not, but I’m definitely not mad about it.  I’ll just let things run their course and see where it takes us.

“I told you I’d get her to come over,” I hear Baek say.

“Seriously Baek. Why are you going after her?” I ask.

“It’s ‘cause he likes her!” Chanyeol yells from the kitchen.

I do not! I don't like women, they like me,” Baek yells back.  He looks at me.  “She’s just different is all.”

“Well you should stop treating her like one of those other girls who willingly lets you get in their pants,” I tell him.

He only shrugs, which makes me shake my head.  He will learn one day.

“So when are they coming over?” Chanyeol asks as he appears from the kitchen.

Any minute actually,” I say as I look at my watch.

“I better go change then,” Baek says.

“What’s wrong with what you have on now?” I ask.

“I gotta look good when Alex comes over. I have to make sure I look resistible,” he says before walking to his room.

I look at Chanyeol, only earning a shrug from him.

Soon, knocking was heard at the door.

“I’ll get it,” I tell Chanyeol.

I go to open the door to find Robin, Alex, and Michelle there.

“Hey, glad you guys decided to come,” I say as I open the door more so they could come in.

“If it was my decision we wouldn’t be here,” I hear Alex mumble but decide to ignore it.

“Oh, this is Chanyeol. I’m not sure if you all met him or not,” I say to the girls.

Nice to meet you all,” Chanyeol says before smiling.

“Wow, you really are much taller in person,” Robin says.  “You have really pretty eyes, too.”

Thanks. I try not to brag but I am pretty good looking,” Chanyeol says before winking, earning a laugh from Robin.

Unknowingly, my hands clench into fists.  I just got this urge to push Chanyeol out the door.  Calm down, Junmyeon, just calm down.

Anyways,” I say, “Baek is getting changed and Xiumin is in his room. You can go on in if you’d like Michelle. It’s the third one on the left,” I say before heading to the living room.

As the rest of us took a seat in the living room, Baek finally came out.

“Nice of you to finally join us,” Chanyeol said.

“I had to make sure to look good for Alex here,” Baek says before giving a wink her way.

“Kill me now,” Alex says.

“Oh, if my good looks don’t kill you I’m sure something else of mine will,” I hear Baek say.

“Do you guys mind if I go to the kitchen and borrow one of your knives so I can stab my eyes out,” Alex says, earning a laugh from all of us, except Baekhyun.

“It’s alright. You’ll be after me soon enough,” Baek says.

Tch. In your dreams loverboy,” Alex retorts back.

Oh trust me, I sure do have you in my dreams as y-“

“Okay, who wants to watch a movie?” I suggest before glaring at Baek.

 

 

 

Lay’s POV

 

“You really don’t have to take me. Like I said, I can just meet you wherever,” Camille continues to persist.

She just got done with her shift as we are headed to my car.

“Seriously, Camille, it’s alright,” I say to her.

I don’t know if it’s just been me but she’s been acting strange today.  She’s been acting nervous and jumpy.

“Now, just tell me the directions,” I say as I turn the car on.

 

 

After about 15 minutes, I notice the major change of scenery.  There’s garbage everywhere and a lot of guys out walking around.  There’s broken fences and boarded up windows.  I wonder why Camille needs to go here.

“You can stop here,” she says.

I stop and turn the car off.  I unbuckle my seatbelt and begin to head out the car until she began speaking.

“What are you doing?”

“Coming with you.”

“Lay, you seriously don’t have-“

“Come on, Camille,” I say, ignoring her.

 

We walk up to the front door of the small house.  Before opening the door, she turns around and faces me.

“I just want to apologize for what you’re about to see,” she says.

“It can’t be that bad,” I say, “it’s not like you’re running a drug house,” I joke.  However, she doesn’t laugh but has this serious look on her face.  She sighs before turning back around and opening the door.

When we entered, all of the lights were off and the curtains were closed tight, making it pretty dark inside.  I follow Camille as we walk to what I believe is the living room.  As we walked closer I noticed a figure on the couch.  I scanned the room and noticed a bunch of beer and alcohol bottles scattered around.  Now that I notice, the whole house smells of alcohol and smoke.

Camille begins picking up the beer bottles, not saying a word.  She leaves the room and comes back empty handed.  She then goes to kneel down in front of the couch.

Dad,” she says as she nudge him.  Dad?  This is her dad? 

“Dad, wake up,” she says again, this time getting a response back.

“Kelly. . .is that you?” her dad says.

“No dad. It’s Camille, your daughter.”

“Where’s your mother?”

“She left, dad.”

“When is she coming back?”

“She’s not coming back.”

“N-no! S-she has to come back!” he yells.

She’s not coming back, dad. She left us, remember?” Camille says.

“I-I miss her. What did I do for her to leave me?”

“You didn’t do anything, dad.”

“Then why did she leave me?”

“I don’t know. Let’s get you to bed,” Camille says.  She stands up and then gets her dad to sit up on the couch.  She then takes one of his arms and puts it over her shoulders and pulls him up.  I went over there and took his other arm over my shoulders.

Camille looked up and stared at me.  “Where are we taking him?” I ask.

“T-to his room. It’s just around the hall over there,” she says.

I nod.  We take him to his room.  Once there, we place him on the bed.  Camille takes his shoes off before tucking him into bed.  She kisses him on the forehead before telling him “Goodnight.”  

As we head to the door, her dad speaks softly but we were able to hear what he said.

"It's all your fault she's gone."

She then leaves the room and I hurriedly follow her.  She goes back to the living room to finish cleaning up.  I soon help and begin to pick up the bottles and packs of cigarettes.

I follow her to the kitchen to throw everything out.  Camille then takes an envelope out her pocket and places it on the counter.  I can only assume that it’s money. 

She then heads to the door, with me following her.

This must be where she goes everytime she gets an urgent call.  This must be why she’s been so tired and stressed over.  Her dad is an alcoholic and she’s working to pay for his living expenses, though it’s highly likely that he’s using most of that money for his booze and cigarettes.

 

We’re soon in the car and on the road again.  The ride is quiet.  I glance over to her and she’s leaning against the window.  I decided to wait until we got to our location to ask her any questions, though I’m pretty sure I know the answers to most of them.

I just hope I’m wrong on one of them.

 

 

 

 

Alex’s POV

I cannot ing believe I am sitting next to this fool.  Why did I come here?  I actually rather be at home doing homework right now.  How ing sad is that?

We’re currently watching a movie.  Michelle went back with Xiumin to his room, doing god knows what.  Apparently, he had something cool to show her in his room.  Probably something nerdy.

I turn my head, only to have a full view of the douche’s side profile.  I scan the features of his face.  To be completely honest here, he is a good looking guy.  Too bad he’s an , though.

I notice his lips turn into a smirk.

Why don’t you take a picture? It’ll last longer?” he says to me.

“I would but flash photography scares away the animals,” I say with annoyance. 

He looks at me with a surprised look on his face.  I’m assuming no one’s ever talked to him like this.  Is he that much of a spoiled brat?  He then replaces his surprised look with a smirk before leaning over to my ear.

“How about I show you how much of an animal I can really be, babe?” he whispers in my ear.

Ignore him Alex, just ignore him.  Be the more mature person.

You know, I’ve never been with a black woman before. I bet you’re wild in bed,” he says in my ear.

My mouth dropped open.  I was speechless.  Did he really say that to me?  That’s it.  I’m so done with this .  I immediately stood up and faced him, not caring that other people were in the room and watching T.V.

You better listen and listen well. I don’t care who the you are. You could be the ing president for all I care but you do not have any ing right to treat me like that. I don’t care if other girls fall for your ing playboy ways but I find it absolutely disrespectful. If you’re trying to get in my pants you should just stop and go back to those other girls who for god knows what reason enjoys your damn company,” I yell at him before leaning close to his face, “If you ever say or do one more thing that’s offensive, I’ll cut your off so you won’t be able to another girl again. That's a promise. And trust me, I’m not a person who goes back on their word, so I dare you to test me. . .babe.”

I stand back up and look over to Robin.  “I’ll be in the car. If you guys aren’t in there in ten minutes, I’ll have assumed you’re staying,” I say before grabbing my things and leaving.

 

Un-ing-believable.  I’ve already dealt with enough disrespect from the woman who was supposed to be my mother.  I’ll be damned if I’ll be treated like that from some ing boyband idol.

 

 

 

 

 

So yeah, there's that.  I wanted to add much more to completely finish the chapter but it's 4am and I need to go to sleep, lol.  Hopefully you guys still enjoyed it. Let me know what you think :)

Shoutout to Runningman_1 and Little_Bookworm for subscribing!!  I love your guys' names by the way :D

 

 

PEACE