Chapter 16

Drunk in Love

When you’re weak, I’ll be strong When you let go, I’ll hold on. When you need to cry, I swear that I’ll be there to dry your eyes When you feel lost and scared to death, Like you can’t take one more step Just take my hand, together we can do it

~I'm Gonna Love You Through It - Martina McBride

 

 

A few weeks have passed since that day at the company. Everyone has been getting along pretty well.

Sehun apologized to Robin, even though she said it wasn’t needed because she understood where he was coming from. Robin is now a little more than three months pregnant and boy is she showing now. In a few more weeks, she’ll be able to tell the gender of the baby. Her and Suho have also been doing great together. Ever since they kissed, they’ve been spending even more time together and getting to know each other better. They haven’t really spoken about their relationship, but rather, they’re just letting things take their own course.

Baekhyun and Alex have even been hanging out, as well. Surprisingly, Baekhyun hasn’t been acting his playboy ways, though he has been annoying Alex. He’s even showed up at her school, in disguise of course, to pick her up. To say she was annoyed would be the least but believe it or not, he’s starting to grow on her.

Camille and Lay have continued with their talks at the coffee shop, and even hung out a few times. And so far, she’s kept her kind of promise.

Michelle and Xiumin have been on more dates. They’ve been together whenever they both were free, however, they still aren’t official, yet.

The girls are on their last week of winter break. Alex was the only one who went back to America to see her family, though she only stayed until New Years. Currently, all the girls, except Camille, are hanging out at EXO’s dorm.

 

 

Alex’s POV

Guys, it’s not that hard to pick a movie,” Robin says.

“It is hard when you have 11 people here,” Chen says.

Don’t forget Cam and Lay are coming, too,” Kai says as he exits his bedroom.

Wow, the dead has finally risen,” I say.

We had a late schedule last night. Give me some slack,” Kai says.

Excuses, excuses,” I say, making Robin chuckle.

What about Annabel?” Sehun asks.

I’m alright with that,” Robin says.

Hell no! I will be leaving if that movie shows up on that screen,” I yell from the kitchen.

You don’t like scary movies?” Chanyeol asks.

No, I really don’t,” I say.

Why don’t we put the knife down? No need to swing it around,” D.O says.

This is what I’m going to be holding to protect me from that doll,” I say.

“You won’t need that knife with me around,” Baekhyun says.

You know what, keep the knife. You may even need an extra one,” D.O says, making me laugh.

“Count me and Michelle out,” Xiumin says as they come out his bedroom.

Fancy you guys joining us,” Suho says as he sits next to Robin on the couch.

Where are you guys going?” Chen asks.

Out on a date,” Michelle says smiling.

Haven’t you guys been out on enough dates? It’s either that or you guys are each others faces,” Baekhyun says.

I notice Michelle trying to hide her face in Xiumin’s chest.

Can’t help but agree. We hardly see you anymore, Michelle. I see Cam more than you and that’s saying something,” Robin says.

“Well, anyways, we’re leaving. See you guys later,” Xiumin says as he takes Michelle’s hand and leads her out the door.

Enjoy movie night!” Michelle yells before shutting the door.

“Then there were ten,” Sehun says.

“Lay just texted and said his flight is gonna land late. He wants to know if one of us will pick Cam up from work,” Kai says.

Well, Chanyeol has been there before,” Suho says.

What does that have to do with anything?” Chanyeol perks up.

Me and Alex can go,” Baekhyun says.

“Say what now? I’m cooking here,” I say.

I’ll switch!” Chanyeol yells, coming in the kitchen.

But you won’t go outside?” I ask.

It’s cold out and warm in here,” he says.

Whatever. Fine, let’s go,” I say before wiping my hands on the rag.

 

 

 

 

Michelle’s POV

So how long is this walk gonna be? It’s cold out,” I say to him. He takes our intertwined hands and puts them in his pocket.

Why didn’t you bring any gloves?” he asks.

I didn’t know we were gonna be outside. You didn’t tell me where we were going,” I say.

We’re currently walking outside. We just left this restaurant where we had dinner. And I’m already missing the warmth of inside.

It won’t be long, I promise,” he tells me. Me and Minseok have been spending a lot of time together, pretty much whenever we’re both free. However, he hasn’t asked me to be his girlfriend yet. I’ve been thinking of reasons why he hasn’t asked. Am I not good enough? Is he only hanging around for fun? Does he not feel the same way that I do? I knew I was going to have to talk to him about it sooner or later. With how my thoughts have been racing, probably the first.

So, I thought I’d show you something since it’s your first Christmas here in Seoul,” he says, bringing me out of my thoughts.

“What is it?” I ask.

Alright, I’m gonna cover your eyes,” he says.

I groan. “Must you? What if I fall or trip over someone?

I hear him laugh behind me. “I’m not going to let you fall, don’t you trust me?” he asks.

I let out a sigh. “Fine.”

He covers my eyes with his warm hands. “Okay, start walking. I’ll let you know when to stop,” he says.

I slowly walk down the sidewalk. “Are we almost there?” I ask.

Almost. Oh take a step here,” he says. “I got you, I got you.” “Okay, open,” he says as he takes his hands away from my eyes.

 

 

Oh my goodness! It’s so pretty!” I exclaim.

But not as pretty or bright as your smile,” he says.

Cheesy much?” I ask with a chuckle.

Trying to,” he says before wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me close to him. I put my arms around his neck.

This is really great, though. It’s worth the frozen hands,” I say with a smile.

I know it’s been a long time coming but I wanted to do things right with you. I wanted us to take our time to see where this goes,” he says, making me look down.

He gently grabs my chin and brings my face up, making me look at him. “And don’t think I haven’t been noticing you’re doubts about me. I just wanted to make sure we did this right,” he says.

I sigh. I should’ve never doubted you. “I’m sorry. I was just getting antsy I guess. I just thought you were going to get rid of me once you got bored of me,

I honestly say. “I could never get bored of you, Michelle. You’ve made my life more fun since you’ve entered it. You allow me to be Minseok and not Xiumin. An added plus is that you’re beautiful, kind, smart, and that you can hold your own. That’s what I love about you,” he says as he leans his forehead on mine.

I smile at his little speech until I realized something. “Wait, l-love?” I ask him.

He smiles at me. “Yes, Michelle. I love you and I hope you’ll be my girlfriend, officially.”

I couldn’t stop the tears welling up in my eyes. “I love you, too. And yes, I would love to be your girlfriend,” I say.

I was hoping you’d say that,” he says crashing his lips onto mine. I couldn’t help but smile into the kiss. He pulls back before leaning his head on mine again.

I’d say that was pretty perfect timing,” he says.

Why do you say that?” I ask.

Look up,” he says.

I give him a weird look before looking up, only to see a mistletoe above us.

 

You really are cheesy but that was romantic.

Mmmm, I think that deserves another kiss.” I roll my eyes but lean in and kiss his lips again.

This really had to be the best moment ever.

 

Mystery POV

I scan the light festival until I spot the person I’ve been looking for.

“Found ya,” I find myself saying out loud. I bring my camera up to my eyes and snap some pictures.

Enjoy your guys’ little moment here because it’s about to get real exciting real soon.

I decide to take a few more pictures before leaving.

 

 

Alex’s POV

You did not do that to Sehun! Why can’t you just leave him alone?” I say between laughter.

He’s easy to annoy and won’t outright kill me like Kyungsoo,” he says while chuckling.

So, I hear you’re going to be part of some business thing at school,” he says before making a right turn. I smile at the thought.

Yes! I’m so excited about it! I get to run a legit business myself! Plus, I’ll be right by my professor’s side during this project. I tell you, he is the best,” I say.

He scoffs. “What makes him so great? He’s just teaches at a college,” he says. “Oh my gooood! He is like the best looking guy wait no. He is the best looking man I have ever seen! Like his eyes and oh my god that smile of his! And he’s super nice! He can sing and dance, too! I’m pretty sure he could’ve been an idol if he went in that direction. I’m surprised he isn’t a model. Like man,” I say.

I didn’t realize we were already at the coffee shop until I heard his door slam shut. What’s his deal? I walk to the entrance, seeing that Baek is there holding the door for me.

Thanks,” I say.

Yeah, yeah. I’ll be sitting over there,” he says as he points his head in the direction he’s going. I give him a look before saying, “Well okay then.”

I walk to the counter to see Cam just standing behind it looking bored. Ever since we’ve had that talk, we’ve been doing pretty well. She seems happier, too. I just hope she would tell me if something is going on in her life. I hope she knows she doesn’t have to face anything alone.

“You look like you’re having the time of your life,” I say.

“Yeah, it’s going just swell,” she says. “What are you doing here? Not that I mind or anything.”

“Oh, I definitely feel the love coming from you right now,” I say, causing her to roll her eyes. “Anyways, Lay said his flight was gonna be landing late so me and Baek offered to come pick you up.”

“I could’ve just walked home, you know,” she says.

“Yeah. I don’t wanna get yelled at by the Chinese unicorn,” I say before smiling.

She chuckles before she scans the shop. “Seems like Baekhyun found someone to chat to,” Cam says. I turn to his direction only to see Cam was right. He’s in a booth talking to some girl.

“Why does he look terrified?” I ask.

Cam shrugs. “I suggest you go over there before he pisses himself. I’m gonna go get my stuff and clock out,” she says before heading to the back room.

I sigh before walking over to the booth. I slide in on Baek’s side, so we’re now both facing the girl. She seemed to be our age. She was Korean of course. She had long, straight black hair. If I didn’t know any better, I’d say she was an idol, too.

Hey Baek. Cam’s just going to get her stuff so she’ll be back in a few,” I say.

W-what? Oh y-yeah. That’s g-great,” he says. I raise my eyebrows. Did I really just witness Byun Baekhyun stutter? Man, I really wish I recorded it.

“I didn’t know you were here with”- the girl starts to say before looking me up and down like I was some trash that just walked in-“friend.”

Who are you?” I ask. And I didn’t miss that eye roll she just did.

I’m Minhee,” girl says. She looks at Baek before looking back at me. “I’m his ex-girlfriend.”

I slowly nod, taking in the information. So that’s why Baek here is all nervous.

Really?” I say. She smirks at my response. Okay, look here . Keep smirking and I’ll slap it right off your made up face.

Me and Baekie here were just catching up. Isn’t that right, babe?” she says. Baekie? Babe? I look Baek.

Uh, y-yeah,” he stutters out again.

So, before we were rudely interrupted, I was going to ask if we could hang out? We could go back to your dorm. I bet the guys miss me,” she says.

Lord give me strength to not pounce on her. Actually no, 'cause I'd take that strength and actually pounce on her. The more I stare at her, the more I realize how truly ugly she is. Yeah, she may have a pretty face but her personality is worth . Plus, I came to realization that her hair is fake. Those are extensions. Some bad ones at that.

I-I don’t think that’s a good i-idea, Minhee,” Baekhyun says.

Minhee looked slightly shocked before she quickly masked her emotions. Caught ya.

And why is that Baekie?” she says. I had to try my hardest to not get sick all over the table.

B-because,” he says.

“Because what?” she says, oh so sweetly. I couldn’t take this anymore. I had to do something.

It’s because he is currently in a relationship and unlike you, he doesn’t go out and cheat,” I say.

Excuse me?” she says.

I know you heard me the first damn time. So if you don’t mind, me and my boyfriend have somewhere to be,” I say as I stand up, pulling Baek with me.

Baekie, she’s joking right? What could you possibly see in that thing?” she says. Oh, this girl is testing my patience isn’t she.

“First off, I’m not a thing. I am a woman unlike you. Second, he has definitely upgraded if you are his ex. At least I don’t go hoeing around when I’m supposedly in a committed relationship. And at least I like him because of who he is and not because of the stuff he has or because he’s this famous idol. So before you go downgrading people, look at yourself in the mirror first,” I say, still holding on to Baekhyun’s hand.

Minhee’s mouth practically falls to the ground. She closes it before opening it again. Before she says something I beat her to it.

And by the way, if you’re gonna wear some fake hair, at least make sure it looks real and actually matches your natural hair,” I say with a smirk.

That’s when Minhee decides to grab her purse and storm out the coffee shop.

Goodness. How can one even be around her for so long? I couldn’t even last ten minutes,” I say before facing Baekhyun. He’s just standing there with his mouth hung open.

You might wanna close your mouth before a fly flies in,” I say with a chuckle. He looks like he was about to say something but Cam came out.

Okay, I am definitely ready to g-Did I miss something here?” she asks. I shrug.

Did your guys’ relationship stars change in ten minutes or…”

What?” I say. She points in between me and Baek. I look down to see our hands still together. I quickly remove my hand.

“So, let’s go. I’ll drive,” I say before walking towards the door.

Something did happen didn’t it? Baekhyun is here speechless!” Cam exclaims.

I internally laugh. I’m sure if I was in his shoes I’d be speechless, too.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yassss. Wrote another chapter! Woo woo! Hope you guys like it!

 

Until next time,

Peace!