Chapter 17

Drunk in Love

I want to know what love is, I want you to show me I want to feel what love is, I know you can show me

~I Want to Know What Love Is - Foreigner

 

 

 

Robin’s POV

Does this really have to happen? Do we have to go?” I ask.

Me and Suho are at my apartment. I’m still on break and he didn’t have any schedules today, so we decided to hang out here. We just got done eating the amazing lunch he brought, probably made by Kyungsoo. Now we’re here watching some movie that we haven’t even been paying attention to, due to us talking throughout most of it. He’s sitting on the couch, while I’m laying down, my head on his lap, as he plays with my hair.

She’s going to love you Robin. She’s been wanting to meet you since I told her,” Suho says. 

"But what if she doesn’t like me? What if she has the same reaction my parents had?” I say.

That’s not gonna happen, Robin. You are a loveable person. You don’t have anything to worry about,” he says.

I look up at him, already to see that he’s looking down at me.

We really need to do this?” I ask.

He let’s out a sigh. “I’m not going to force you to do anything but I’d really like you to meet her. Everything will be fine and I’ll be there,” he says.

I place both my hands on top of my ever growing belly. “Alright. I do owe you since you were there when I told my parents. Plus, it’d be fun to see the parents of EXO’s leader,” I say with a chuckle.

Thanks, it means a lot. I promise, you two will love each other,” he says before kissing my on the forehead.

So, what day are we going?” I ask.

“ghight,” I hear him mumble.

What was that?” I ask.

Oh look, I think someone died,” he says. I sit up and face him.

Kim Junmyeon, when is this meeting planned for?” I ask again.

Tonight,” he says.

What?! Tonight! Jun! That’s so last minute!” I say.

I know but it’s the only day we’ve had that we’re both free,” he says.

“I have to get ready. Do you know how hard it’s going to be? I barely have anything that fits as it is,” I exclaim.

Robin, calm down. It’s not that big of a deal. Besides, you look good in anyt-“

“Don’t you finish that sentence because it’s a lie,” I say before getting up and grabbing my phone from the kitchen.

What are you doing?” he asks me.

I’m calling Cam so she can help me find something to wear. Michelle and Alex are both busy, so she’s the best thing I got,” I say. I hear him chuckle earning a deadly glare from me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Okay, she said she leaves work in fifteen and I’m guessing Lay is going to bring her here,” I say.

You need to calm down, this isn’t something to get stressed over. It’s just gonna be a small dinner,” he says.

It’s not just a small dinner, Ju. I’m meeting your mother and not under practical conditions. She’s only meeting me because I got pregnant. This is not how I should be meeting some guy’s mother,” I say.

“Come here,” he says. I roll my eyes but walk back over to the couch, nevertheless.

Have a seat,” he says patting his lap.

Ju, I don’t want to crush your legs with my fatness,” I say.

He chuckles and shakes his head. “You’re not fat, you’re pregnant,” he says.

I again roll my eyes but sit on his lap sideways as I lay my head in the crook of his neck. He wraps his arms around me, placing his hands on my growing stomach.

Now listen. Everything is going to be fine. It’s going to be a normal dinner, is all. You’re going to meet my parents, they’re going to like you, and everything will be great. I know this meeting isn’t under normal circumstances, but hey, I’d say we are a pretty abnormal couple. In a good way, of course. Besides, I want you to meet my family. If I didn’t care about you, I wouldn’t want you any where near them,” he says.

Alright. Everything will be fine,” I say.

Good. Now I guess we’ll wait for Lay and Cam to come here,” he says.

I’m gonna take a nap so wake me up when they come. You are actually really comfortable,” I say before lifting my head to kiss his cheek.

I’ll be your human pillow anytime you want,” he says before laughing.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun’s POV

She did what?” Lay asks me. I decided to go with him to pick up Cam. Now we’re sitting at a booth, waiting for her shift to end.

Yeah, she really showed up out of no where. She even asked me to bring her back to the dorm, claiming you guys miss her,” I say.

Wow. I can’t believe after all this time she decided to come back. You think she realized what she did wrong and wants to be with you or do you think she’s up to something again?” he asks.

I have no ing clue. I honestly don’t even know how to feel about it. And then Alex came in and made things even more complicated,” I say.

What did she do?”

“Well, I was still in shock from her showing up and Minhee was talking all this stuff. Then Alex all of a sudden just said I was her boyfriend.

So she slid her way in and basically saved your pathetic ,” Lay says with a chuckle.

Dude come on. I’m serious,” I say.

Okay, okay. I don’t understand what the problem, is though. Alex helped you out in a time of need,” he says.

“I don’t know. Some things she said kind of seemed like it was meant as more than friends, you know?

Lay nods. “Maybe but then again, she could have just been acting as your girlfriend,” Lay says.

Yeah, maybe you’re right. Maybe I’m just putting too much thought into this,” I say.

Do you by chance, like her more than a friend?” Lay asks.

Does Baek like who?” Camille says as she joins us, sitting next to Lay.

Nothing,” I quickly say.

Lay puts a smirk on his face before looking over to Cam. I groan out loud. “Baek here thinks what Alex did the other day was more real than acting,” he tells her.

Oh! You mean when she pretended to be your girlfriend. No offense Baek, but from what Alex said, your ex seemed like a real piece of work. How did you last that long with her?” Cam asks.

I sit there and think about her question. Cam is right. When I saw Minhee, she didn’t even give me an explanation of why she left or why she took my money. She never apologized or anything. She didn’t even seem remorseful of what she did. I wanted to tell her how I felt and what she put me through, but the words just didn’t come out my mouth. I was just in a state of shock.

“I thought I was in love and I thought she loved me back. Turns out I was way wrong,” I say.

You need to tell Minhee off and tell her to stay out of your life. There’s no telling what she’s going to do now that she’s back,” Lay says.

I shrug. “I know. I just gotta keep away from her and just beware of anything,”I say.

I turn to meet Cam’s gaze. She’s just staring at me.

“I know I’m good looking, Cam, but you don’t have to stare. I’d say we’re pretty good enough friends where you can just ask for a picture instead,” I say, earning an eye roll from Lay.

Cam continues to stare for a few more seconds until finally speaking. “You like Alex, don't you?” she asks.

W-what? W-why would you say that?” I nervously ask.

First, you just stuttered,” she says says.

Lay laughs. “She got you there.”

I just glare at him before looking back at Cam. “That doesn’t mean anything, though,” I say more confidently this time.

It does. There’s also the fact that you haven’t been sleeping with random girls. How long has it been?” she asks.

“Umm, ever since that day Robin came and told Suho she was pregnant,” I say, thinking back.

Wow. That’s like what? Two and a half months ago?” Lay asks.

Isn’t that also the time Alex got mad at you? And didn’t you go to her apartment to apologize?” Cam asks.

Do you do this a lot? Do you enjoy reading people and making them miserable?” I ask.

She shrugs and nods. “Only thing I’m about good at,” she says with a chuckle.

And making good hot chocolate,” Lay adds in.

Anyways, if I did like her, I’m not saying that I do, but if I did, she doesn’t like me back anyways.”

See, you may be wrong there. Alex is sometimes hard to figure out. But if you ask her, she’ll come right out and tell you,” she says.

I don’t know. She seems to be too into her professor to even notice,” I say.

Cam shakes her head. “I swear something is really up with that guy.”

I raise an eyebrow at her. “What do you mean?

I just find him suspicious is all. I’ve never heard anything about this café project. There’s no flyers around school or anything. I was talking to a friend who has the same class as Alex and asked him about it. He said he’s never even heard of it,” Cam says.

He could be trying to get everything worked out before spreading the news,” Lay says.

Or he could be up to something. I just got this feeling but I could be wrong,” she says.

Huh. So there’s something up with this professor dude. I better make sure I keep an eye out for Alex. As a friend. . .it’s not like I like her or anything. . .I just want to protect my friend is all.

Well, you guys ready? Apparently Robin is having a breakdown about going to visit Suho’s mother,” Cam says.

Oh, this should be fun,” Lay says as we all get up.

Great. A pregnant lady having a breakdown. Why did I agree to come with them again?

 

 

 

 

 

Camille’s POV

“What about this?” I ask, holding up a pair of jeans and a nice dress shirt.

“Those jeans don’t fit!” she exclaims.

“Chill, Robin. We’ll find you something,” I say.

“No we won’t!” she says as she collapses on her bed.

I continue digging through her closet. “There has to be something in here that’s comfortable enough for you to wear,” I say. “How do you feel about a dress?” I turn to ask her.

“Anything as long as it fits and I look half way decent,” she says. I chuckle and turn back towards the closet. I pull out a dark red dress. It doesn’t look like a summer dress so I guess it should do.

“Here, try this on. Oh and here are some leggings to go under it,” I say as I give her the items. She slides down the dress then pulls up the leggings. She then goes up to her mirror.

“You feel okay in that?” I ask.

“Yeah, not bad, Cam,” she says with a smile.

“Thanks. I know I’m not Michelle or Alex, so that’s the best I can do,” I say.

“You did good. I actually think I have a jacket that will go with this,” she says as she looks through her closet. Few minutes later, she pulls out a gray jacket.

“Hey. Isn’t that my jacket?” I ask her.

“Oh, is it? Guess I forgot to return it. Thanks for letting me borrow it again,” she says with a chuckle.

“Whatever,” I say before sitting on her bed.

“So, you nervous about meeting momma Kim?” I ask.

“Just freaking out is all,” she says.

“You’ll be fine. Just be your charming self and she’ll love you,” I say.

“I hope so,” she says as she starts to look for shoes.

“So, what’s going on with you and Suho?” I ask.

“What do you mean?” She asks.

“I know you know what I mean. What’s happened since you guys kissed?” I ask.

She comes out her closet and shrugs. “We’ve just been going with the flow. I mean, we’re getting along well and I feel comfortable with him,” she says.

“Are you okay with that? I mean, are you guys a couple or are you two just two friendly friends?” I ask.

“We haven’t talked about it. And weirdly, I’m actually okay with it. There’s no pressure or anything,” she says.

“Well, as long as you’re happy, I guess,” I say.

“Well, how do I look?” she asks.

 

“I’d say you look like a knocked up chick going to see her baby daddy’s momma,” I say before smiling.

She just glares at me before flipping me off and heading towards her door.

“I’m kidding. You look great and you’ll do great,” I say as I run up to her and give her a hug.

“Thanks, Cam,” she says before pulling away and leaving her room.

 

Well, took you long enough,” Baekhyun says.

Well sorry I have no experience in getting dressed by fashion stylists everyday,” I say before sitting on the couch.

Well you look beautiful,” Suho says.

Thanks,” Robin says.

Well, we’re off then,” Suho says as he takes Robin’s hand as he leads her out the door.

Have fun!” Lay says sitting next to me.

Good luck! You’ll do great!” I yell before they shut the door behind them.

 

 

 

Suho’s POV

You’ll do fine, Robin,” I say as we head to the front door of my parents house. She nods and smiles. I squeeze her hand, just as the door opened.

Oh, Junmyeon! So nice of you to finally visit your mother,” my mom says as she pulls me into a hug.

Mom, I do visit,” I say as we pull away from each other.

“I know, I’m just joking with you. Oh, and you must be Robin. It’s so nice to meet you,” she says.

Nice to meet you, too Mrs. K-“ Robin tries to say before getting pulled into a hug.

No need to be all formal with me. Just call me Jiae. And come in! A pregnant lady can’t be standing here in the cold. Where are your manners, Kim Junmyeon!” I open my mouth only to close it again.

Yeah, sorry mom,” I say as I follow the two inside.

“My husband won’t be joining us, sadly. He really wanted to meet you, Robin,” my mom says over her shoulder as she heads to the kitchen.

That’s alright. I’m sure we’ll be seeing each other many times in the future,” Robin says.

“Is he on a business trip?” I ask.

Yeah. He’s thinking about opening a new location. I tell you, that man is always business,” my mom says.

“You know, Robin here is studying business at school,” I say, earning a glare from Robin, to which I just shrug.

“Are you really dear? Any plans on how you want to use that degree?” my mom asks as she starts bringing plates of food towards the table.

“Here, I can grab some of that,” Robin says as she grabs the salad bowl from my mom. “And I’m hoping to become and interior designer, maybe even opening my own business some day,” she says as she goes and places the bowl on the table.

“You see this, Junmyeon? I didn’t even have to ask for help! You should be helping and she should be sitting and resting! Goodness, what son I have,” my mom says. I just roll my eyes and take the rest of the food out and place it on the table. “Anyways, that’s really great, dear. I actually have a friend that owns an interior design business. I can maybe call her up and see if she has anything. She can maybe get you an internship or something there.”

We all sit at the table. Me and Robin on one side with my mom on the other. “Oh, I couldn’t have you do that Mrs. Kim,” Robin nicely says.

It’d be no problem at all. I’d be happy to do it. And it’s Jiae. I’m already old, calling me Mrs. Kim only makes me feel older,” my mom says.

Thank you. That means a lot, Jiae,” Robin says.

 

 

We’ve spent dinner getting to know each other. It seems like my mom and Robin really clicked, which made me feel relieved. I knew they would get along but I was still worried.

Now we’re sitting in the living room while drinking coffee and tea. Me and Robin are sitting on the couch while my mom sits on the recliner.

So, I guess we should talk about this shall we?” my mom asks. I feel Robin tense up next to me so I place my hand on her knee, gently squeezing it.

I do want to start off on how I’m not fond with how this happened. It was pretty irresponsible of you both,” my mom says.

Yes mom, we know that,” I say.

That especially goes for you Junmyeon,” my mom says glaring at me before looking back at Robin.

I'm assuming your parents feel the same way?” she asks.

Um, t-they’re not fond of the idea,” Robin says as she begins squirming on the couch.

Are you okay, dear?” my mom asks.

Her parents sort of stopped talking to her since they found out,” I say.

Oh dear! I’m so sorry!” my mom says.

Robin smiles and shakes her head. “It’s fine really. I can’t really blame them, though.”

“Your parents should still be there to support you, though," my mom says. I give her a look, telling her to drop the topic. I know Robin still feels bad about what happened between her and her pparents.

"Anyways, Junmyeon, does your company know about this?” she asks.

The group is the only one that knows for now,” I say.

Well, you should think about telling them soon. The longer you wait, the harder and more worse the consequences are going to be. Hopefully this doesn’t affect your career as much but remem-“ my mom says before Robin cuts her off.

Oh I wouldn’t imagine of getting in the way of Jun’s career. If he doesn’t want to tell his company, I’m completely fine with that. I don’t want to hurt him or EXO in any way,” Robin says. I couldn’t help but smile at her but I knew that wasn’t going to happen. I’m not going to keep Robin a secret. I just have to figure out how and when to tell the company.

You really are as sweet and caring as Junmyeon described you to be. Just know that this baby comes first, though. Yes, it may affect his career, but that’s what comes with having a baby. Things are going to change. How far along are you dear?”

Almost four months,” Robin says.

“So you have about five months left. Do you know of you’re going to stay here or go back to America? Are you still going to go to school and raise the child? There’s a lot of things to consider here,” my mom says.

Me and Robin look at each other. “We haven’t really thought about that,” I say.

I figured. I’m not trying to scare you two, but just know that having and raising a baby is going to take a lot of work. I also want you to know that me and Junmyeon’s father will be here to support you two,” she says before looking at Robin. “I want you to know that you can come to me for anything. You’re now part of this family. If you just want to talk to someone, I’ll always be here. I know what you’re going through, trust me, and I know how you must feel. But from what I’ve seen of you so far, you seem like a wonderful young lady with a good head on her shoulders. You’re actually the first girl my son has brought home. I’m just sad it had to be under these circumstances,” she says, glaring at me as she says the last part, making me groan and Robin giggle.

The rest of our chat went fairly well. My mom seems really fond of Robin, which is really nice. It would just be plain awkward if my mom didn’t like the mother of my child.

“Thanks for coming, Robin. It was really nice to meet you. I’m glad that you’ll be the mother of my first grandbaby!” she says excitedly.

The pleasure was all mine Mrs. Ki-Jiae,” Robin says as my mom pulls her into a hug.

Please, come by anytime. And I meant what I said about us being here if you ever needed something,” she says before pulling away.

Thank you, Jiae. That means a lot,” Robin says.

And you,” my mom says pulling me into a hug, “stay out of trouble please. And don’t forget about us. I know we’re only your parents but still.”

“I know mom. Tell dad I’m sorry we missed him,” I say as I hug her.

Will do. Now you guys have a safe trip back. And don’t lose her. She’s definitely a keeper,” she says before pulling back. I smile and give her a nod.

 

 

 

 

 

I walked Robin up to her apartment door.

Your mom is really nice. I like her,” Robin says as she turns towards me and leans back on her door.

“I’m glad you like her. She definitely lovess you already,” I say. We stand there in silence, as I just look over her.

You alright, Ju?” she asks.

“I don’t think I’ve ever told you this, but I’m sorry.”

She tilts her head and scrunches her face up, making her look adorable.

“Sorry for what?” she asks.

“I’m sorry for getting us into this situation. And I’m really sorry for how I reacted when you told me. I feel really bad for how I treated you because you never deserve to be treated like that,” I say.

She smiles and steps closer to me and grabs both my hands.

“First off, it’s both of our faults. We got drunk then did stupid drunken things. It happens. And second off, it’s alright. Any normal human would’ve reacted like that. The important thing is that you didn’t leave and took responsibility for it because that’s what a man does, which is what you are. So stop feeling sorry because there is nothing to feel sorry for.

I smiled at her words. She really is something. I lean in and place a gentle kiss on her lips.

Thanks. Thanks for coming with me today. Thanks for being you,” I say.

It’s what I do best,” she says with a smile.

I let out a breath. “Sadly, I need to go. I have an early schedule tomorrow,” I say.

Alright. Be careful,” she says.

I nod. “And you go in and get some rest,” I say before kissing her forehead and pulling back. She nods before unlocking her door and opening it. She steps inside and turns to face me.

Good night,” she says.

“Good night,” I say as she closes her door.

I turn and walk down the hall. Yeah, She’s something special.

 

 

 

 

Mystery POV

I place the yellow envelope on the counter before picking up my phone. It rings three times before someone answers.

“Hello?”

“Yes, I’m calling about some pictures I have,” I say.

“And you think I can use these pictures?"

“Oh, I really think you’re going to be interested in these. How fast would you be able to spread these pictures?” I ask.

“Depending on the subject of the pictures, we can have them out in a few hours. May I ask what the pictures contain?”

“Let’s jut say, a lot of ladies will be disappointed.”