Chapter 24

Drunk in Love

I cannot break free, it is all because of you,
I am going out of my mind, I want you
Want to possess you, want to touch you
Sinking in Deeper and Deeper

A.D.T.O.Y ~ 2PM

 

 

“I know you want it,” he says as he pushes me against the wall.

“Stop, please let me go.”

“Why don't you be a good girl and do what I say, hm?”

He pulls my pants down with one hand, while holding my wrists with the other. He goes in for a kiss.

STOP. STOP. PLEASE STOP.

 

Alex, Alex!”

I open my eyes and sit up. I scan my surroundings and finally start to breathe more calmly. Hospital. I'm at the hospital.

Hey, you're safe. No one's going to hurt you.”

I turn my head to see that it's Baekhyun. He's the one who was talking.

Here,” he says as he hands me a cup of water.

I immediately gulp it all up, not realizing how thirsty I was.

Better?” I nod, “Thanks.”

Why are you still here? You must be tired. You don't have to stay,” I say.

He shrugs. “I wanted to.

An awkward silence false between us. I want to say something but honestly, I don't know where to start.

 

I'm sorry.”

What? Why are you sorry?” I ask.

For everything. For the things that I told you that night. I didn't mean them. I really didn't. I guess I was just j-jealous. I'm also sorry for not being there sooner yesterday.”

Baek, you shouldn't be putting yourself in that position. Thanks to you, I was able to get out of there pretty unharmed. If you didn't get there when you did, Lord only knows what could have happened.”

But-”

No. Stop. I'm serious. So, because of that, I want to say thank you. Thanks for saving me.”

He smiles and shrugs. It went to another silence but instead, it was a comfortable silence.

Why were you jealous?” I ask.

What?”

You said you were jealous that day you came and picked me up. Why were you jealous?” I ask again.

 

He looks at the door before meeting my gaze. He sighs. “Now isn't the time. When you get all better and out this hospital, I'll tell you then,” he says softly.

I just nod and smile.

Hey Baek.

Hm?

I'm going to ask you something but you have to promise not to make fun of me or anything,” I say as I play with the blanket.  

What's up?”

“C-can you lay with me? I'm kinda scared to go back to sleep,” I say without meeting his eyes.

I knew you couldn't resist my charm,” he says. I roll my eyes but a small smile forms.

Alright, scoot over. I'm going to need a lot of room for this piece of art,” he says.

Geez, cocky aren't we,” I say as I make room.

In more ways than one,” he says with a wink as he climbs under the covers.

All I could do is shake my head.

Once he's in, he places an arm around me, letting my head lay on his chest.

Get some rest, Alex. I'll be here when you wake up,” he says.

Promise?” I whisper back.

Promise,” he says.

I close my eyes as I listen to his steady heartbeat, which lulls me back to sleep.





 

Michelle’s POV

 

“Are you still not ready, Robin?” I ask as I walk in and shut the door.

“I am a pregnant woman!!” she yells from her room.

I roll my eyes as I plop on the couch. I start going through my mail. Junk mail, junk mail, bills. I'll just put that with the junk mail. I then come across a yellow envelope. I scan for an address but there isn't one.

I open the envelope and turn it upside down, only for a bunch of pictures to fall out. What the hell?

The pictures. . .they're all pictures of me at school, at stores, at the café, even some with Minseok.

Me walking around campus. Me and my friends hanging out. Even some of me an Minseok before we had to stop going out.

“What in the world. . .”

 

“Okay I'm ready!” I hear Robin say. I hurriedly put the pictures back in the envelope. I then put my mail in my bag. I'll just have to deal with this later.

“I love Alex and all but she's getting picked up in sweats. It's the only thing that'll fit me right now,” I hear Robin say.

“Y-yeah. You look great. Let's go,” I say.

“You alright? You usually have some backhanded compliment to say.”

“Nah. I'd figure I should stop saying those to you. I heard pregnant woman could get pretty angry.”

“Only you. Let's just go before I change my mind.”

“Yes ma’am,” I say as I head to the door.

 

We walk down the hall and to the elevator. Who is stalking me? And why?





 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

Seriously, Baek, I'm alright,” Alex says.

“I just don't want you to get hurt,” I say.

I think I'm able to go change by myself but thanks for the offer,” she says as she pats my arm.

Oh, y-yeah. S-sorry.

She goes to the bathroom and changes.

Ah Byun Baekhyun. What's gotten into you," I say. 

Tell me about it.” I look up to see a smiling Chanyeol at the door.

What are you doing here?” I ask.

“Hyung told me to come pick you up. We have interviews to do,” he says.

Well fancy meeting you here,” Robin says as her and Michelle stand at the doorway by Chanyeol.

Here to pick up Baek. How's you and my future niece or nephew?” Chanyeol asks with a smile.

Here to pick up Alex. And big. Really really big,” she says.

That's when Alex decided to come out. “Didn't know we were having a party in my room,” she says.

That's just how popular you are,” Chanyeol says with a smile, making me roll my eyes.

Okay, let's go,” I tell him as I push him out the room.

I turn back to look at Alex. “Text me when you get home, okay?”

Will do,” she says with a smile. I nod and smile back. I wave at the other two and leave with Chanyeol.




 

So, you and Alex, huh?” Chanyeol says. We're in the van, on our way to the interview. He said we're meeting the rest there.

What?”

“You and Alex. How long have you liked her?” he asks.

I groan. “Not you too.

Who else knows?

Camille and Lay. Now you. Is it really that obvious?” I ask.

“I just noticed it when I came by the room, honestly. She seems to like you back.

“I don't know. I think she's just being really nice because I saved her and stuff. It'll probably pass.”

Have you told her how you feel yet?” he asks.

Not yet. I didn't want to tell her in a hospital room. But I do plan on telling her soon.”

He nods. “I wish you the best of luck. Just be careful. We definitely don't need another scandal right now.”

I plan on it. I don't want to hurt her or the group,” I say.

Alright guys,” the driver says, “We're here.”

We both nod and say thank you before heading out the car.






 

Alex's POV

 

“Guys, I'm fine. You all don't need to make such a big deal out of me,” I tell them.

“It's no trouble at all,” Robin says.

“So if the pregnant lady says so then it is definitely no trouble. Just relax,” Michelle says.

“Oh! How about we have a sleepover here?” Cam suggests.

“I'm okay with that,” Robin says with a smile. “I just hope I don't wake you guys with my many trips to the bathroom during the night.”

“Oh, isn't your appointment tomorrow?” I ask.

“It is. We get to find out if it's a boy or girl,” she says with a smile.

“Ah! We're all gonna be aunts! That baby is gonna get spoiled so much!” Michelle exclaims.

Robin only laughs and shakes her head.

“So, how about a movie and takeout?” Cam asks.

“I'm down with that. Having hospital food for a day ,” I say. The food was just awful.

“Uhg. Yes, takeout is a must,” Cam says. “I'll go call while you guys pick out something to watch,” she says as she walks away with her phone.

“I suggest a scary movie,” Michelle says.

“How many times do we have to go through this? We're not doing horror movies. I don't want to get scared and pop out this baby too early,” Robin says.

“Eww, with you saying that, we'll pass on the horror movie,” Michelle says.

“What about Beauty and the Beast?” I suggest.

“Oh, isn't that the new one? I've been wanting to see that!” Robin exclaims.

“I'm okay with that,” Michelle says.

Cam comes back. “Food has been ordered! What are we watching?”

“Beauty and the Beast,” I say.

“Oh the new one! Good choice,” she says.






 

And that's how my night went. Me hanging out with my closest friends. Friends that I know who will always be there for me, no matter what. So what if we have fights? We wouldn't be human if we weren't.  

I smile at Cam stuffing her face as she tries to take food from Robin. Robin slaps her hand away but giggle nonetheless. I watch Michelle sneaking pictures of us as she laughs at the two.

I sigh in content. I'll be able to get through this. As long as they're here, I'll be alright.





 

Author's POV



 

“Michelle stop taking pictures before I shove that phone somewhere,” Robin claims.

“I'm capturing memories!” she exclaims.

Her phone starts ringing. “Go take that somewhere else! I can't hear the movie,” Alex says.

“Rude much,” Michelle says as she gets up and goes into one of the girl’s bedrooms.

 

“Hello?”

It's been a long time, Michelle.”

“Who is this?”

Did you enjoy those pictures, Michelle?”

“I don't know who you are but you need to stop stalking me,” she says.

The voice laughs. “Oh Michelle. Michelle, Michelle. I'm not going anywhere. In fact, it's just the beginning. And to answer your question. . .



 

 

 

 

I'm your worst nightmare, baby.”