Chapter 7

Drunk in Love

So I posted this chapter on my phone because I was too lazy to get on my laptop, lol. I apologize if it looks weird or anything.

 

 

 

 

My reflection in the mirror

Is so empty, as if there’s nothing there

I walk alone on the street

But this empty street feels so empty 

~Empty-Winner

 

Camille’s POV

I quietly turned the key and opened the door to the apartment. I stepped in and quietly closed the door. I pulled out my phone and turned the flashlight on. I used it to guide myself to my room. I make it and shut my door.

I feel the wall for the light switch and flip it on. My eyes go straight to my clock. 5am. It took five hours to deal with that.

I walk in front of my mirror. Pitiful. Disgusting. Weak. That’s what I see as I stand in front of the mirror. My hair is all messy, my clothes are all wrinkled, and I reek of alcohol. Not to mention the eye bags that are starting to form. Is this what my life has come to? I sigh as I rub my eyes. I guess it’d be smart to wear glasses tomorrow, or later today.

I turn to look at my calendar, only to see that my first class is at 8am. . I still have homework to do. So much for two hours of sleep. Guess I’ll just take a shower and start on the endless pile of homework.

 

 

Once out the shower, I put a comfy shirt on and some sweats. I let my hair air dry as I sit at my desk and begin my homework.

 

 

 

About an hour or so later, I put my pencil down and stand up out of my chair to stretch. Can’t believe it but I managed to get everything done. I pack up my homework and books into my bookbag. Before leaving my room, I look in my mirror. Decent enough.

I walk out my room and head straight to the kitchen. Sugar, I need sugar. You think I would love coffee as I work in a café but I don’t. To stay awake, I usually just eat candy instead. Aha! I found some sourpatch kids in the cupboard. I throw the candy along with a bottled of water in my bag before heading out. I’m going to have a long day ahead of me.

 

 

SM Entertainment

Alright boys. We’ll get started in a few. Begin stretching,” the choreographer says before leaving the practice room.

Hey hyung, is something going on between you and Xiumin hyung?” Lay asks as he sits next to Suho and begins stretching.

He’s just mad at me for something,” Suho says.

And that would be?” Lay asks. Suho sighs as he rubs his hand down his face.

You know that girl that I had a. . .you know,” Suho says.

Lay looks at him weirdly before figuring out what he’s talking about. “You mean the one night stand? What about her? Did it have something to do with why they showed up at the dorm last night?”

Suho just nods, feeling ashamed of what he’s about to say. “It can’t be that bad. It’s not like you got her pregnant or anything,” Lay says before chuckling.

Suho cringes at the statement, which didn’t go unnoticed by Lay. “No. You didn’t. Hyung! How could you? Didn’t you use protection? How the heck?” Lay asks.

Keep it down will you! And no. I guess we were so drunk that we didn’t think about it,” Suho says.

Oh my goodness. I can’t believe this. What are you going to do now? Who knows besides Xiumin hyung?

Baek knows, too. And what do you mean what am I going to do? I’m not going to do anything. She said she didn’t want to see me ever again, so that’s what I’m going to do,” Suho says.

Why did she say that? What did you exactly tell her?” Lay asks.

What was I supposed to say? She said she was pregnant and that I was the dad. I said the first thing that came to my mind. I asked if she was a crazy fan and that this couldn’t happen because I’m an idol—oh god,” Suho says as he rubs his temples.

You ed up, hyung. Why would you say that to her? You found out you took her ity so why would you second guess that?”

“I was scared, okay? I still am. I didn’t get an ounce of sleep last night because of this. I don’t know what to do. Now I have a pregnant lady and hyung both mad at me.”

You ever think about how she felt? I mean, she has to be the same age as you or younger. She’s probably scared as . And what you said probably made her feel so much worse,” Lay says.

God, why am I such a ing idiot? I can’t even talk to her now. I know nothing about her except that her name is Robin, if that’s even it,” Suho says.

Hey, just know that we’re all here for you, if you decide to tell everyone. And I may be able to help you contact her. Just get through practice and we’ll figure something out.

Thanks Lay.

Anytime, hyung. Just keep it now your pants from no on.

"Oh trust me, I will."

 

 

Seoul University

“Geez, I am exhausted,” Robin says.

“I would be too if I was carrying a mini me in my stomach,” Michelle says with a smile.

“How could you be exhausted after Professor Lee? Because goddamm was I wide awake during his class ! That man is so damn fineeee!! I know he’s like 35 but girl, he can get it anytime,” Alex says.

The other two just stare at her. “What?”

“You disgust me,” Robin says as she shakes her head.

“Why am I even friends with you? Like seriously. Why am I even letting you be surrounded by my presence?” Michelle says.

“Oh come on! You can’t tell me that yall haven’t imagined or thought about what he’s hiding under those clothes of his,” Alex says.

“Why? Just why?” Robin asks. “I’m just going to pretend that the last five minutes of this conversation didn’t happen,” Michelle says.

“What are you talking about?” Robin asks as she plays along.

“Yall are rude. Just ing rude,” Alex says before taking a bite of her food.

The girls continued talking until Michelle brought up Cam again.

“Where is she at? She’s usually here by now,” Michelle says.

“You know, I think you’re right. I think something is up with her. I woke up and she wasn’t at the apartment. Either she didn’t come home or she already left for her class,” Robin says.

“Shouldn’t you know? You’ve been her friend for like what? Forever now?” Alex asks.

“I don’t know. It’s like ever since classes started back up again, she’s been acting strange. I thought it was just stress of her moving to a new environment along with being at a new school but I feel like ever since the fight, she’s been acting even weirder. I know Cam isn’t much of a people person but she’s usually reasonable and understanding, which is why I don’t get why she’s ignoring you or acting this way,” Robin says.

“You sure she isn’t the one pregnant? Seems like she’s been having mood swings. Maybe she just needs to get laid,” Alex says with a chuckle.

“God. Just go back to fantasizing about Professor Lee,” Michelle says. “Anyways, we should find a way to see what’s up with her. Evidently, talking isn’t going to work. I swear, she could be dying and she still wouldn’t tell anyone.”

“Sad but true. She needs to learn how to share her emotions. She can’t keep everything bottled up or she’s just going to break one day,” Robin says dejectedly.

“I still think she’s just being an immature petty little . To be honest, I can really care less about what happens to her. I mean, I hope she’s alright and all, but I have no more s to give with her. I’ve been patient and waiting for her to let me talk to her,” Alex says.

“Alex, come on,” Robin says.

“No, I’m done playing her petty little games. Hey, we had a good four years of friendship. People sometimes grow apart. It’s life. I’m just  gonna build a bridge and get over it,” Alex says before picking her lunch tray up. “I gotta head to class. See you gals later,” she says before leaving.

“Well damn. That just happened,” Michelle says.

“I know. I can’t  believe this is happening.”

“Why don’t we go visit her at her job later today?” Michelle suggests.

“I have a meeting with my advisor. Plus, we have an outing with the Entrepreneurs Club, remember? “

“Damn. Another time then, huh?”

“Yeah. Well, I’m gonna get some studying done at the library before my meeting. See you at the outing. Oh, we should probably send a reminder text to Alex. Most likely she forgot,” Robin says before giggling.

“Right. She’s probably still drooling over Professor Lee. What are we gonna do with that one?”

“Let her be. We just hope she doesn’t actually act out on her thoughts.”

“That would be just terrible. Goodness. Well, later Robin! Don’t over study! Later lil baby!” Michelle says with a smile.

Robin just shakes her head but waves as she leaves.

 

 

 

Lay’s POV

You’re doing this for hyung. You’re not here for yourself. You have no feelings for. You’re just here for hyung.

I continue to repeat that in my head as I make my way to the café. I don’t know why, but I feel this attraction towards her. It’s not just physical either. It’s like something is pulling me towards her. Ever since last night, when me and Chanyeol found out she worked here, I feel as if I don’t want to lose her.

Aish, what are you thinking? You’re just here for hyung. You feel nothing for her. I say those things a few times as I walk up to the front door of the café. I take a few breaths before walking in, making the chimes ring on the door.

I look straight towards the counter, only to find her sitting down doing something. Maybe it’s homework. She looks like she’s concentrating pretty hard. I then scan the café. Not too busy. After a few seconds, she looks up, probably feeling my presence here.

She looks different. She’s wearing glasses and the normal uniform, but she looks different. Is it exhaustion? I can see her tired eyes from here. No. You don’t care, Yixing. You’re just here to get some information from her.

I walk up towards the counter, as she gets up from her stool. “Hi, what can I get you today?” She softly asks.

I stare at her for a moment before giving her my order. “A vanilla bean coffee and a hot chocolate with marshmallows,” I say. She nods and types in my order. She then gives me my total and I give her the money.

You’re order will be ready shortly,” she says before going to make the drinks.

I go to find a booth and watch her. I’m not trying to be a weirdo or creep, but it’s just something alluring about her. She seems like a difficult puzzle with her pieces scattered everywhere. She finishes making the drinks, so I move my eyes to my phone, trying not to seem obvious that I was staring.

Here you are,” she says as she places the drinks on the table, “can I get you anything else?”

“You could join me,” I say.

What?”

“Join me,” I say again as I scoot the hot chocolate across from me.

Take a break.” She goes to open but I beat her to it.

Come on. The customers are dealt with and I know Myungdo won’t mind. Besides, you look like you could use a small break,” I say before offering her a smile.

She looks around, as if seeing if what I said was actually true. After a moment or two, she slides into the seat across from me. She puts her hands around the hot chocolate and closes her eyes. I notice her take a few breaths, as if trying to relax. I take this time to notice her features up close. Her long thick black hair in a messy updo. Her glasses perfectly framing her face. Her tan skin. Jongin would probably like her because of this. Her eyes then open but she continues to look down at the drink.

Was other that easy to tell?” she asks.

I tilt my head slightly to the side. “What?”

That I needed a break. Was it that easy to see?” she says as she finally looks up at me. Is that a faint smile I see?

Yeah. You just look. . .tired. no offense,” I say.

She shakes her head. “Can’t take offense when it’s true,” she says before taking a sip of the hot chocolate.

“Long night of studying?” I ask her. She takes a minute to answer.

You could say that.

Myungdo says you go to Seoul University. What are you studying?”

Pre-med psychology.

Ah. Studying people’s minds, huh?” I say with a chuckle. She smiles.

“I guess you could say that. I just want to know what makes people do what they do.

Have you figured the answer out?” I ask.

Unfortunately, no. If I did, I probably wouldn’t be here,” she says, the latter part in English. Though, I don’t know what she means by that.

You probably have things to do. I’ll leave you alone,” she says as she begins to get up.

I grab her wrist, “I don’t actually. I came here for a break but I’d enjoy the company.” She looks at me before getting back at her seat.

Sure. I guess the least I could do is stay exchange for the hot chocolate,” she says.

What are you taking a break from?”

“Life,” I say, “I just got back from China a few hours ago. You’d think I’d be tired but I’m wide awake, right now.”

“You know coffee isn’t going to help, right?” she asks.

Yeah. I guess I can always write or compose when I leave then.”

“What’s it like?”

“What’s what like?” I ask.

Being a famous idol. Being able to freely do what you love and having people love you for it.” I smile.

“I love what I'm doing now. I love my band mates and I love my fans. I wouldn’t be here without them. I love dancing and making music. I love entertaining people. But sometimes it gets too much, you know? I sometimes feel pressured to portray this certain image. Ever since the three of them left EXO, I’ve felt this huge spotlight put on me, since I’m officially the only Chinese member left. It’s just, I don’t know, hectic. And it’s been extremely busy since I have to go back and forth from here and China. Yeah, it was my idea to do more things in my home country, and don’t get me wrong, I love it and I wouldn’t take it back, but I just feel like I’m disappointing a lot of people, including myself. I feel like fans here hate me whenever I’m not promoting with EXO. It’s like I’m being pulled in two directions. I feel like I’m a burden to the guys, so I don't  say anything because I know they’re jjust as busy with their own things. It’s just sometimes-“

You need a break from life. Just a time to yourself when you don’t have to worry about anything. It’s just you and nothing else, no one telling you what to do and no one is pressuring you to do things.

Exactly. A break from life.”

I could use one of those, as well. I don’t think it’s gonna happen anytime too soon, though,” she as it has a sad smile.

Well, for both of our sakes, I hope it does.” She looks at me and we just stare into each other’s eyes. Her dark brown orbs seem to be holding so many secrets, so many stories. Who exactly is this girl in front of me? I hear the chimes from the door ring, which causes us to both look away.

Well, looks like my break from work is over,” she says as she stands up, hot chocolate in hand.

Thanks for sitting with me and listening. It was nice.”

No problem. Thanks for the hot chocolate,” she says as she walks towards the counter. A second later she’s back.

Rewind your day.”

“What?”

“When you’re unable to sleep, close your eyes and think about everything that happened in your day backwards. Remind yourself of the details, such as the different smells and sounds. It’ll relax your brain and prepare it for sleep. And no caffeine before bed, either,” she says before walking off to the counter.

I couldn’t help but smile. I pick up my coffee, only to get up and dump it in the trash. I walk out the café wit a smile on my face. 

Sorry, hyung. I’ll try again tomorrow.

 

 

Robin’s POV

I sat on the couch, watching T.V, as I waited for Cam t come home. I told Michelle that I would try to talk to her again. Well, speak of the devil. The door opens and walks in a Cam.

“Hey, how was work?” I ask her.

“Alright. I got to do my homework on downtime so now I can actually get some sleep,” she says as she walks to the kitchen.

She grabs a bottled water and turns towards me. “How have you been? You feeling okay? Have you been feeling sick or anything? This usually the time to expect morning sickness, if you’ll have it that is.”

I smile. “I’ve been good. And nope. No morning sickness, thank goodness. I don’t think that would work with my early morning classes.”

She gives me a tired smile, “Maybe you’ll be one of the lucky ones who won’t get it during pregnancy. “

I nod and a silence quickly erupts us. “So, how have you been, Cam? I haven’t seen you practically all day yesterday. Did you even come home?”

“Some things came up but I did eventually come home,” she says.

“What kind of things came up?” I ask.

“Just some stuff I had to take care of,” she vaguely says.

“You’re being pretty vague there,” I say.

“And you’re being pretty nosey. What is this about?”

“Me and Michelle were talking and-“ I get cut off by her.

“Of course it’s Michelle. What is she trying to get information out of you since she failed getting stuff from me? Like I told her, I’m fine. Nothing is wrong with me.”

“Something is clearly wrong wrong with you. You’ve been so rude and moody lately. You practically stayed out all night.”

“Sorry, mom. I didn’t know I had to tell you about my whereabouts 24/7,” she says.

“That right there. Where is all this anger coming from? You were never like this before. What happened to the kind and caring Cam?” I ask.

She looks me dead in the eye. “She grew up.” And that right there scared the out of me. She seems, gone and just so lost. She seemed almost, dead-like.

"You're not on drugs are you? are you high right now?" I ask as I can her face for any signs of drug usage.

"No, I'm not on drugs. You think I'd risk school for drugs? What type of Epson of our think I am?"

"Exactly my point. I don't know who you are anymore."

"Can easily not do his right now?"

“Camille, what is this about? You can tell me.” I pleadingly say.

“What’s wrong is that I’m tired and would like to go to sleep,” she says.

“Is that all you have to say? You know, Alex was right. You’re just being a petty immature , right now,” I say.

“Oh really? You agree with Alex?”

“Yeah. And like I said many times before, you should talk to her and work it out. You know, her mom left her just like how your mom did. You two could probably talk and understand each other better because of that.”

“Are you serious? You’re joking right?” she says. She closes her eyes. She takes a few breaths and iI  can tell she’s  trying to calm down.

“You know. If you acted like this and I were your mom, I'd leave you, too. Why are you being so stubborn and immature about this ?! ” I yell to her.

“You did not just say that,” she softly says.

“I did. And if you continue acting like this, my baby won’t be allowed around you either.” I say out of frustration.

She just stares at me, not saying anything.

“What, got nothing to say back? Cat finally got that damn tongue of yours?”

“I’ll leave then.” For a second there, I could’ve sworn I saw hurt written on her face.

“What? I can’t hear you. What happened to all of that loudness you had before?” I say out of anger.

“I said I’ll leave. I must be causing you a lot of stress and I don’t want any harm to be done to you or the baby, so I’ll leave. I’ll start packing tomorrow. You can stop worrying now and just focus on you and your baby’s health. You should go to bed and get some sleep,” she says rather quietly and calmly before walking towards her room and softly shutting the door.

“!” I yell before going to my room and slamming the door.

Why is everything falling apart?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Man, three chapters in two days. My stress writing has been real this weekend. 

Anyways, I know it aye seem like EXO or Suho isn't in the story a lot, but that I'll soon change. I just have to set some things up so the story will make sense. Hope that's alright :)

 

 

 

 

To end this on a happy note, I thought I'd include a picture of what I thought Professor Lee would look like :D

I mean, look at the man! You can't blame Alex, can you? hahah.

 

Ayways, hope you all have a good week and thanks for reading!!

As always,

PEACE! :)