Chapter 40

Drunk in Love

Because I’m with you, I was always smiling
You’re more precious than anyone else, my best friend

Best Friends ~ UNIQ

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's POV

 

I'm sorry,” the doctor says before walking away.

Xiumin looks down as he shakes his head. He couldn't believe this was happening.

He takes a few moments to wrap his mind around this. I can't believe this happened.

He takes a few more moments to recollect himself before stepping into that. . .room.

 

Once he opened the door his heart automatically began to clench. He stood there in the doorway looking over the room. . .the now empty room.

 

The bed was stripped of everything. There were no more wires and tubes. The beeping sounds from the heart monitor were no more.

The only thing left was a small bag that contained some of her belongings.

 

Her.

 

He walks up to the bed and takes hold of the bag with her things.

 

A tear slowly escapes his eyes.

 

He takes one more look around the hospital room before walking out, determined not to look back.







 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Camille looks in the mirror again, making sure that she looks presentable or at least decent.

She made sure she looked lively and not dead on the outside, even though she feels that way on the inside.

 

Today was Robin's surprise baby shower. It'll be the first time anyone has seen her since the big blow up.

 

This will be her first time stepping out the house since her father's death.

 

She's determined to make Robin happy today. . .to make everyone happy today.

 

She nods at herself before getting her bag and presents. She walks out her room and to through the kitchen, ready to leave.

 

However, a bottle on the kitchen catches her eyes. Before she knows it, she stuffs the bottle in her bag and heads out the door.






 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

You know, you didn't have to buy me this dress,” Robin says as she looks down at herself.

I know but I wanted to. Besides, you look beautiful in it,” Suho says.

Robin rolls her eyes but nonetheless smiles.

Just then, Suho’s phone beeped, indicating a text.

Alex: alright, bring her here.

He reads the text before putting it back in his pocket.

“Alright, let's get you home. How about go order takeout and watch a movie?” he suggests.

Her face brightens at the idea. “I'd like that very much, actually.”

He nods before taking her hand and intertwining their fingers. “Off we go then.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Oh, I think that's them!” Alex says to the guests as she tells them to his as she walks to the door.

She opens the door as everyone yells SURPRISE

Well, I knew I was a big deal but this is just too much,” Xiumin says with a chuckle.

False alarm everyone,” Alex looks back and says to the crowd. “What are you doing here?” she asks him as he steps aside to let him in.

He walks through the door while holding the bag up. “I came to return this.”

Alex closes the door and nods. “Well, you know where to put it,” she says with a small smile.

 

He mutters a thanks before walking to the room, not without saying hi to the guests or smiling towards them.

He finally makes it to the front of the bedroom door.

He puts his fist up and hits it against the door.  

He hears a gentle come in. He takes a deep breath before opening the door. And that's when he loses it.

 

Tears begin flowing from his eyes as he stood there in the doorway.

Minseok? Is that you?”

He quickly wipes his cheeks, trying to get rid of the evidence that he was crying.

Yeah, it's me. How are you feeling?” he asks before he shuts the door behind him and begins walking towards the bed.

I'm fine. Just tired, really. And maybe a little sore-hey are you okay? Have you been crying?”

“No,” Xiumin quickly says without making eye contact.

Kim Minseok, look at me.” he sighed and turned his head to meet the eyes that were boring into his.

What's wrong?”

“Nothing.”

“Min.”

“It's really nothing. It's just that I'm glad you're okay. I just can't help but think what if. What if the bullet hit something important? What if you didn't make it on time to the hospital? What if you didn't survive the surgery? What if that bastard didn't die but instead, you did?” at this point, tears were once again falling down Xiumin’s eyes.

Min, come here,” Michelle says as she pats the door next to her on the bed.

Xiumin takes his shoes off and climbs in next to her. He wraps his arms around her and lays his head on her chest.

She begins running her fingers through his hair and massaging his scalp as silence took over them.

“I know what happened was really scary. I was beyond frightened. I didn't that I was going to make it,” Michelle honestly says.

When hearing those words, his arms around her tightened.

But here I am, Min. I'm laying here with you beside me. And for that, I'm more than grateful. Without you, the guys and the girls, I wouldn't be here right now.”

“I'm happy that you're here with me, too. But I just can't get the images out of my head. Seeing you get shot was the worse thing ever. I close my eyes and that's all I see,” Minseok says.

I know and for that I'm sorry. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't get nightmares or if I wasn't scared. But you want to know what helps me?”

He turns his head upwards to see her face. “What?”

You. And the girls and the other guys. But especially you. You've been by my side nonstop since I was discharged from the hospital. Even when I tell you that I'm okay, you come check up on me after your practices or after your long days of performances and interviews. You stay and sleep with me even when I say no because you know I really don't want to sleep alone. Just being in the present helps me get passed this. Yeah, it'll always be in the back of my mind but I'm able to move forward because of you and all the other people in my life. I just hope you can get passed this, too. You've helped me so let me help you. Matter of fact, we can help each other.”

Xiumin reaches for her lips and places a gentle and soft kiss there. He slowly pulls away before looking into her lovely eyes and saying those three words she'll never get tired of hearing from him.

I love you.”

“I love you, too. How about helping me get dressed. I have a baby shower to attend.”

He pouts at her before speaking. “Can't we just stay like this and sleep?”

“I'd live to but this is Robin's party. We've put too much effort into planning this.”

“Fine,” he says before sitting up before carefully and gently helping her up as well. “But I'm coming over as soon as is finished and we're going to continue this.”

“I wouldn't have it any way,” Michelle says with a smile.

Oh, that reminds me, I picked up your stuff today.”

“You mean from the hospital?”

“Yeah. The doctor apologized and everything for getting your personal belongings mixed up with another patient,” he says.

Michelle just chuckled. “Thanks for doing that for me.”

“You should already know this but I'd do anything for you.”

Michelle smiles and leans in for another kiss.

Hey! Robin is going to be out here any minute so finish up whatever you nasties are doing and get out here,” Alex says from the other side of the door before walking back to the living room.

Michelle leans her head on his shoulder and giggles while Xiumin just sighs in annoyance.

Alright babe. You heard what she said.”

“I think your whole entire apartment heard what she said,” Minseok says with an eye roll.







 

Okay, they're coming! Suho sent a text that they just reached the building,” Alex says excitedly.

Just then, Xiumin and Michelle stepped out the room, with Xiumin helping her walk.

Just in time, you two. Okay, everyone get ready,” she says.

Voices could be heard outside of the apartment door.

Alex turns around and whispers for everyone to get into their places.

The door opens and everyone jumps up and yells “SURPRISE”

“What the hell?!” Robin exclaimed.

Suho just chuckled as he patted Robin's head.

“What is this for?” Robin asked as she stepped inside the apartment, once her heart and nerves calmed down.

For you. It's your baby shower!” Michelle exclaims.

W-what?” Robin says as tears begin forming in her eyes.

Yeah, we'd figure we could give you a little party and celebration before the baby comes,” Michelle says.

And finals,” Alex adds.

“Oh, guys. I don't even know what to say,” Robin says before going to hug the both of them.

No problem. This was actually Cam’s idea. We just help put it together,” Alex says.

Where is she by the way?” Robin asks.

She should be here any min-”

“Talking about me? I see how it is,” Cam says as she enters the apartment.

As soon as Camille entered the apartment, she was bombarded by hugs.

Thank you, Cam, for this. I really appreciate it,” Robin says.

Cam giggles. “Anything for the big pregnant lady.”

“Alright,” Suho says as he looks to Xiumin, “I think that's our cue to leave.”

Xiumin nods and kisses Michelle's temple before waving at everyone else.

“You girls have fun by not too much fun. See you later,” he says before pecking Robin on the lips and walking out the door.

“LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!” One of Robin's friend's yells as soon as the door was shut.

Everyone cheered and activities soon began.

 



 

Okay. You have three more presents!”

The party was beginning to wind down. Robin surely did have a great time, though. They did everything from making mock cocktails to playing the corny baby games.

Now they were finishing up the presents.

I'll go first!” Michelle says.

She got up and walked over to Robin with a bag in hand.

So, I already got you the essentials like some clothes and stuff. You don't have to open that. But this is the important gift,” she says as she hands Robin the bag.

Robin quirks up and eyebrow before pulling out her gifts. She starts laughing and shaking her head.

 

You would. You really would,” Robin says.

Hey. You guys will definitely need a break. When we're babysitting you guys can use it during your night off,” Michelle says while wiggling her eyebrows.

Thanks, Michelle. And I'm definitely going to take you up on that babysitting offer.”

“Alright, my turn!” Alex excitedly says.

So, I decided that I'd give you some Alex coupons.”

“What?” Robin asks.

Alex coupons. I thought 15 would be enough. Each card has something on it. Like this one,” Alex says holding it up. “It has a picture of food on it. If you turn that in, I'll make you dinner. I know that you're gonna be really busy so i thought I could help you when you really need it.”

“What's this one? ‘Slap Suho.’”

“Oh. You guys might get in a fight or he may be acting like a jerk. If you need me to, I'll go talk or slap some sense into him. That's what best friends are for, right?”

Robin chuckles. “Thanks. I just hope I don't use these all up quickly.”

“Oh! And here's your other part,” Alex says, “You'll probably need this more.”

 

I'm sure this will go perfect with Michelle's.”

“Okay. Cam, you're the last one up.”

She nods before taking a seat next to Robin.

“So, I'm not as creative as they are so my present isn't really anything special.”

“Stop. I'm sure whatever you decided is going to be great,” Alex says with Michelle nodding in agreement.

So, you know how I like to take pictures of everyone? I put some of our fun moments and made them into a picture frame. So, your little girl here will literally be surrounded by people that loves her.”

Robin tried her best to hold her tears but she felt herself beginning to break. She looked down at the dram in her hands. There were pictures from when they were young, to them in college with Alex and Michelle. There were even pictures of her and Suho together with the rest of the guys.

Thanks, Cam. This is really something.”

Cam shakes her head and smiles. “I have one last thing. It's a video.”

“A video?”

Camille nods. “Yeah. Nothing important really. But you can't watch it until she's born.”

“If it's nothing important then why can't I watch it now?” Robin asks.

It wouldn't be the same. You just have to promise that you won't watch it until after she's born. You can watch it with whomever you want, but just wait until she gets here, okay?”

“Alright. If you say so.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Thanks for the gifts guys and thanks for coming. I had a lot of fun and I'm glad that my future daughter has a lot of people that love her,” Robin says through tears.

One by one, her guests came up to her to say any final words or to hug her before leaving.

 

Soon, it was just the four of them in the apartment.

“Guys, I really do love you. And I know I don't say this enough but I'm glad to have you all in my life and that I can all you my best friends,” Robin says through her taking tears.

“We're not best friends. We're sisters. No matter what happens, we're all stuck with each other,” Alex says.

“Unfortunately, “ Michelle mumbles under her breath. She looks up to daggers being shot at her. “I'm kidding guys. I honestly wouldn't be here without you all. You guys are family.”

“I just want to tell you all that I love you. Like Alex said, you're my sisters. You guys are all beautiful and strong. Whatever you do, I know you guys will be successful. You have amazing people that love you. Whatever happens, I will cherish our memories forever,” Camille says.

“That was probably the nicest thing she's said,” Michelle says as she wipes away the few years that escaped.

“Yeah. What's wrong with you? Why does it sound like you're leaving us?” Alex says jokingly.

Camille shrugs. “Just thought I should speak what I feel.”



The girls continued talking and bonding. It was like nothing ever changed since they started this school year.

 

But who thought. . .



. . .that nothing would ever be the same after this night. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

😥😥😥two weeks to write bruh. Cray Cray! I'll try to have the next chapter up soon! 😁