Chapter 35

Drunk in Love

I’m in Trouble, Trouble, Trouble
But I, ya, ya, like it
My mind, mind mind
You, you, you twisted
I’m dizzy again

Trouble ~ Kreisha Chu 

 

 

Camille’s POV

 

Oh, cool. I'm available next Saturday.”

“Great! She'll be glad to see you there,” I say after I handed her the last of the invitations.

Do you know what stuff she already has?” Robin's friend asks me.

Um, I'm pretty sure her and her boyfriend has the big stuff taken care of,” I say.

She nods. “And they're having a girl. Great! Can't wait for it!” she says happily and I just smile in return.

Hey are you okay?” she asks me.

What do you mean?

She points at my leg, “It's been bouncing like crazy. You got a test or something today?

I look down at my leg to see that it really is bouncing. I didn't even notice it. I put my hand on it to stop it.

Guess I just had too much coffee,” I lie with a smile.

“Yeah, all this work and studying, coffee is a must. Well, I gotta get to class. See you next Saturday if not sooner.”

Alright. Remember not to tell Robin. It's a surprise for her,” I say.

She nods. “Got it,” She says before waving and then leaving.

I run a hand through my hair and let out a breath. I went another night without sleeping again and I have all this energy. I really need to do something about it. But, I'd rather have this energy than be taking those stupid pills. I'm doing pretty good if I say so myself.

My grandma and that stupid nurse still think I'm taking my meds everyday. I told them I didn't need them. They can't even notice anything wrong about me.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I slide my phone out and answer it without paying attention the the caller.

“Hello?”

Hey. Are you free?

“Um, I mean. I'm done with my classes for the day.”

Do you have work?

“No, not today.”

“Great. Can you meet me at the coffee shop then?”

“How about we go to this ice cream place instead? I can text you the address.”

He chuckles. “Alright. I'll see you soon then.”

“Bye,” I say before ending the call.

 

I take another deep breath. Okay. You just have to act natural. I look down at the time. Maybe I can walk...or run there. Yeah, that'll get rid of this energy. I go to text the address before I start heading to the ice cream shop.




 

Suho's POV


 

Guys, the internet is blowing up about us,” Baekhyun says.

Yeah, it's mostly good things though. We're getting a lot of support from our fans and other idols,” Chen says.

Oh, but I heard the company is-” Sehun starts off.

Full of fans protesting,” Chanyeol finishes for him.

 

I look out the van window to see that they were indeed right. The front of the building was full of people who were holding signs and posters. I could see security guards trying to hold them back but there were just so many people.

One of the security guys opened our van door up, and we soon began walking out and towards the building.

 

As we walked, we heard a bunch of different things being yelled.

 

EXO fighting!

We are one!

I'm so happy for you guys!

EXO-Ls will support You!

 

These words made me smile as we walked into the building.

After our V Live, it wasn't long before we got a not too friendly call from the CEO. He wanted to have a meeting with all of us, which is why we're here.
 

Soon enough, we end up at his office, a place I have come to really dread.

 

Well, Well. If it isn't the group who has been the cause for all my migraines,” the CEO says.

I fight the urge to roll my eyes or say a sarcastic comment, so I just stand there.

So, I woke up this morning to a bunch of calls and news articles about your little stunt on the V App yesterday. What the hell were you guys thinking?”

“I just wanted our fans to know the truth. I wanted to say what was on my mind so I did,” I say.

That doesn't mean you should say it. Now, I already planned for you all to make a public apology.”

“Apology? For what?” Kyungsoo asks.

The CEO raises an eyebrow. “For lying. You're going to apologize to everyone for lying. Do you know how bad you all made the company look?”

“I'm sorry sir, but we are not apologizing. We did nothing wrong. All we did was tell the truth which is what we should have done at the beginning,” Minseok says.

You do know you all work under me right?”

“Technically, I don't work for you anymore. I don't even have to be here right now, actually,” I say.

Well the rest of you do! Now I suggest you read these and don't mess it up,” he says as he throws the scripted apologies at us.

We're not doing anything,” Baekhyun speaks up to my surprise.

What?!” The CEO exclaims.

You heard him. We're not apologizing for living our lives,” Chen says.

Well, then I have only but no choice to fire you all,” he says with a smirk, to which I scoff at.

Well, sir, you go ahead and fire us. But did you see everyone outside the building? All the fans and reporters? It's only going to get worse if they hear that EXO disbanded because the CEO didn't allow them to control their private lives,” I say.

That's right. And since we'd no longer be in your company, we can do any interview we want and say anything we want as well. Wouldn't that be great guys?” Minseok says.

Oh, we can't forget Lay hyung. He even said that he'd drop his schedules here in Korea and focus on doing things in China,” Jongin says.

Now, just think of all the money you would lose,” Sehun says.

Don't forget the hate and horrible reputation. Plus, do you know how many idols will leave after us? I know a lot of the ladies in Girls Generation feel the same way that we do,” Minseok adds.

You know, we probably won't even have to break up. With our fans help and support, we could go to another company or better yet, start our own. I bet Lay hyung would be more willing to help us, too,” Baekhyun adds.

I look over to the CEO who's eyes are wide than Kyungsoo’s right now.

As you can see, we'll be deeply saddened if we have to part ways but I think we all will manage fairly well,” I say.

The CEO scans us all before letting a sigh of defeat escape his mouth. “What do you all want?” he asks through clenched teeth.

I look at the guys and they all nod. I turn back to look at the CEO.

We want you to have nothing to do with our private lives. That includes our families, friends, and who we date. If it has nothing to do with EXO, or our careers, then you,stay out of it. I don't care if people are giving me hate on who I'm with. I don't want you to meddle in any way,” I say.

In exchange, we'll go out and hold a press conference. We'll say how everything is well and that we came up with an agreement. No harm done to anyone,” Minseok says.

He looks at us all with cold and hard eyes that no longer phase me.

Fine. But I want the press conference done immediately. I'll get everything setup for it.”

“Agreed,” I say.

He nods before getting on the phone, a sign that he's done talking with us.

We then leave his office, shutting the door behind us.

I turn towards the guys with a huge smile on my face. “Guys, we did it!”

“That was intense. I honestly thought I was going to piss my pants,” Baekhyun says making us chuckle.

Thanks guys for backing me up. I know I said this before, but I'm glad you all are my brothers,” I say.
 

We talk and laugh at each other while we head to the room where the press conference is going to be held.

I think I can finally say that things are looking good.

 

Everything is going to be okay now.






 

Lay’s POV


 

I nod my head at the guy at the counter before finding a table in the back corner.

I scan the small ice cream shop. There were people here but not too many that I would get noticed, especially since I'm wearing my hat and face mask.

The child goes off as someone enters the shop. I turn towards the door and a smile instantly lands on my face. She scans the shop until her eyes land on me. I wave at her, letting her know that it's me.

I stand up as she gets to the table and embrace her in a hug.

“I missed you,” I honestly say.

She chuckles, “Me too.” She then pulls away and takes a seat across from me. “So, how were things in China?” she asks.

I take a seat and nod. “It was pretty fun. It was nice being home for a day and seeing all of my other fans,” I say with a smile.

She nods and smiles. “That's great. I hope you've been taking care of yourself, too. Have you eaten? Have you been sleeping? You want to get some ice cream? It's really good here. What's your favorite fla-”

“Whoa,” I say with a chuckle. “Calm down Cam. What's gotten you so hyped up? I've never seen you talk so much and fast at one time before.”

She just shrugs and smiles. “I don't know. I just have a lot of energy. Weird right? But i feel fine. How are you feeling? Isn't it a nice day?”

I raise an eyebrow and just stare at what's in front of me.

Are you alright, Camille? Did something happen while I was away?” I ask her.

“Nooo way! Why would you ask that? Are you okay?” She asks.

I continue to look her over. Nothing seems to look out of place. Her eyes do seem kind of weird, though. I wonder if something really did happen to her. I notice that she's still talking, even though I never answered her.

“Hey, can I see your hands?” I ask.

Yeah,” She says before placing them both on the table. “Why? My hands aren't anything special. I don't know. You think I could be a hand model like they do for those lotion commercials and stuff?” she asks.

I stare at her before shaking my head. Weird. Where is she getting these random topics from? I flip her arms over and scan her wrists. Well, she hasn't been cutting.

How's everything at home with your grandma? How's your dad?” I ask.

Grandma is great, same as always. I haven't seen my dad in a while, though. I haven't gotten any calls. So I guess that's good, right? Maybe I should visit him sometime. Oh! I like your necklace!” She says.

I tilt my head to the side. “You gave it to me.”

“No I didn't. I think I'd remember giving something to somebody. Did you get that while you were in China?”

“Camille, you really did give this to me. You gave it to me before I got on my flight,” I say.

She giggles. “I didn't, silly. But you have good taste there. Oh, did you want some ice cream? Let's go get some,” She says before walking over to the counter.

What the hell just happened here? This isn't Camille. I didn't smell any alcohol on her. Something is definitely up. I wonder if her friends know something.

This definitely isn't what I expected to come back to. I thought I could visit her for a while before heading to the company to support the guys.


What exactly happened while I was away?

 

 

Robin's POV

 

 

As soon as I finally made it to the couch, my door burst open, scaring the out of me. Literally because I think I may have just myself. I blame this pregnancy. 

"What the hell guys? You literally almost gave me-"

"Robin, you gotta see this!" Michelle says as she rushes to turn my tv on. 

"What could possibly be so important that you guys had to-"

"Just shut up and watch!" Alex says as she takes a seat next to me on the couch. 

I look at the tv to see EXO on there. 

So yes. We've come to an agreement and we're all going to continue to provide you guys the best music and performances we possibly can. Thank you all for your love and support.

"Who are you both dating? Are they idols?" A reporter asks.

Jun smiles but answers. "They're not idols but they're pretty special to us."

 

I couldn't help but smile at his answer. 

"What exactly are they doing?" I ask them.

"Apparently they did a V Live yesterday and they told everyone the truth on who they were dating," Michelle says. 

"Yeah. Minseok came clean and Junmyeon told everyone what was really going on in the company," Alex says. 

"So they know who we are?" I ask a little scared. 

Michelle shakes her head. "They just know we're idols."

"But they do know you're pregnant," Alex adds.

My eyes widen. "Oh geez. I hope we don't get attacked by fans," I say. 

"Suho, you say your girlfriend is pregnant. When is she due? Are you nervous about being a father?" Someome else asks.

I see him smile. "She has about another month. Not going to lie, I'm quite nervous, even a little scared, but I'm also happy and excited for my baby girl to arrive."

Gasps, scrwams, and cheers were heard as spilt the news on having a girl. 

"Xiumin, are you going to freely date your girlfriend now?"

"I hope so. It just depends if my girlfriend is comfortable with it or not. If we do, I hope everyone will respect our space and privacy," he says. 

"Are you still going to promote?"

Baekhyun came to the stage. "We do plan on continuing with our activities and schedules. However, if a personal conflict comes in the way, we may have to change or postpone an activity. We'll just have to wait and see when we cross the bridge."

"Do you two have anything to say to your girlfriends at home?"

Minseok was the first to come to the podium. "I just want you to know that I love you and that I told you everything would work out at the end. I hope you're ready to go out on a date soom," he says by ending it with a wink.

"I can't wait either, Min!" Michelle yells at the screen. 

Suho came up next. "Well, if you're watching this, I hope you're resting and taking it easy. I just want to say thank you for sticking with me. I know we had our hurdles here and there, but I think it's safe to say we made it. Now we can just wait for our daughter to be born. I love you and I'll be there to see you soon."

I couldn't stop the tears forming in my eyes. "I can't believe they really did that."

"Hey, how come Baekhyun didn't say anything?" Michelle asks. 

"We just got together. I don't wanna rush things," She says. 

We both nod in understanding. 

I smile as happy tears fell down my face.

 

I guess things really are going to be okay. 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey Guys! Hope this chapter was okay for you all! :) lemme know what you think.

 

 

 

 

Peace! :D