Chapter 20

Drunk in Love

You won't ever have to worry. You won't ever have to hide. And you seen all my mistakes, so look me in my eyes. 'Cause if you let me, here's what I'll do. I'll take care of you

Take Care ~ Drake

 

 

 

 

 

Robin’s POV 

"So I'm guessing you all watched it," Jun says as he sits on the couch. I close the door and join him.

Him, Minseok, Yix, and Baekhyun all came over, not too long after I got his text. 

"Yeah, that was pretty intense," Alex says.

"Just be glad you weren't there in person watching it. I just hate how we can't do anything about it," Baekhyun says.

"Where's Michelle?" Minseok asks.

"She went into my room. It's the one on the right," I say. He nods and walks towards my room.

"Say Yix and Baek, you guys hungry? I bet Alex would love to make a snack for us," Cam says.

"The hell you mean I'd love to cook for them?" She asks. I watch as Cam gives her a look.

"O-oh yeah. I'm sure I can fix something," Alex says as she stands on her feet.

"Way to be subtle guys," Yixing says as he shakes his head.

I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. 

"Blame her," Cam says as she heads to the door. "You guys know where to find us," she says before walking out. 

"I just got comfortable," Baekhyun whines.

"I suggest you get your up before I make you," Alex says.

"You don't have to threaten me, sheesh," Baekhyun says as he stands and walks out the door.

"Got you up, didn't it?" Alex says following him.

"Should've stayed in China," I hear Yixing mumble as he walks out after the two and closes the door behind him.

 

Me and Suho sat next to each other on the couch in silence, not knowing what to say.

"So, that happened," I lamely say. I couldn't take this awkward silence anymore.

I hear him chuckle next to me. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, glad the tensions started to relax.

"What do you think?" He asks me.

I look towards him. "Honestly?" He soon nods.

"I really think you shouldn't have done that. Now you're risking your career. Do you know what your fans are going to do? I don't want you to risk everything you've worked so hard for just for me. I'm not anything special," I say.

I stare at him, only to see at smile forming on his face.

"What?" I ask him.

"You really are something. You're unlike any other girl," he says.

I tilt my head a little in confusion.

He scoots closer to me, allowing my to lay my head on his shoulder. He lays his on top of mine before taking our hands and intertwining them.

"First off, I wanna say thanks for being honest with me, though I want expecting that reaction, I really appreciate you telling me how you really feel. Second, I wished you'd stop putting yourself down like that. You and our future child will always come before my job. Matter of fact, you two will always come first. If the fans are true fans, then they'll respect my privacy and will be happy for me," he says.

"I just hate how this is my-" 

"No. It's not your fault. If anything it's mine. Quit blaming yourself. Though these aren't the best circumstances, I'm glad this all happened."

I lift my head off his shoulder, causing him to move his too. I look up at him.

"You're happy we had drunken and that I got pregnant?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, now that you put it that way, it does sound weird. But oddly, I'm glad it happened. If it didn't I wouldn't have met you," he says with a smile as he looks down at me.

"You are?

He nods before meeting my eyes. "I really am. I care about lot for you Robin. Actually, I like you. I really like you to the point where I think I'm falling in love with you. At first, I thought it was because you were the mother of my child," he says. 

I continue to stare into his eyes. That's probably what it is. Something with attachment? Maybe I'll ask Cam later.

"But the more I've hung out with you and gotten to know your, I realized it was much more than that. I realized that when I'm at practice and I get a break, the first thing I do is either text or call you to see how you're doing. A smile forms on my face whenever I see you. I love how you ask if I'm eating and sleeping enough and not working too hard, even though you're the one who's pregnant. I love how you're such a selfless and caring person. You're also super intelligent. I mean, you're pregnant and still going to school. That takes a lot of strength and courage. You're still carrying our baby, even after your parents told you to get rid of it. And have I told you how beautiful you are? Just seeing you smile makes my heart feel so much lighter. Just like now, having you close to me and in my arms make me feel content and happy. It makes me think how you're going to be an amazing mother to our child while also pursuing your dreams. So yes, I'm glad to have you in my life."

I just looked at him, not knowing what to say. I couldn't help the tears fall down from my eyes. Stupid pregnancy hormones. 

He takes his free hand and wipes away my tears before leaving a kiss on my forehead.

"I really hope those are happy tears and not sad ones," he says.

I shake my head.  "They're hormonal tears," I say. 

"Well, I guess that's good, too?" He questions.

I shake my head and chuckle. "I am happy, though. And I feel the same way about you, too. I just didn't want to tell you because I didn't want to force you to have to be with me."

"That could never happen. I want to be with you and I can only hope you want to be with me."

"I do."

"Great. So that makes you my official girlfriend," he says.

"Kinda backwards, don't you think? I mean, getting me pregnant then doing this whole relationship thing?" I say with a chuckle. 

"We're different. It's okay to do things our own way," he says before kissing me on the lips. 

I smile as he pulls away. I lean my head back on his shoulder and close my eyes. I hope nothing goes wrong but I have this strange feeling that things are only getting started.

 

 

 

 

Alex's POV

 

"So you think they'll be okay?" I ask as I cut up some fruit into a bowl.

"I think hyung and Robin will be alright," Baekhyun says.

"Yeah. Robin just seems really understanding of him, which is what hyung needs," Lay says.

"I don't know about Minseok and Michelle, though. I mean, how can they force him in a fake relationship?" Cam asks.

"It's the business we're in. They can practically do anything," Baek says.

"You think she'll break up with him?" Cam asks.

"Hard to say. Would you still want to date ask guy while he's in a publicly fake relationship? So many things can go wrong," I say.

"I think it's just going to be the fact on how much they trust each other," Lay chines in.

I take in what he says and nod my head. I don't know what I'd do if I were in her shoes. With my experience, I think I would just break things off. I wouldn't want to risk getting hurt.

"So, Alex," I hear Baek say, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Hmm?"

"I don't have any schedules tomorrow so I'm free to drop you off and pick you up from school," he says.

"I bet you are," Lay says, making Cam laugh.

I see Baek glare at them before looking at me again.

"Umm, sure. I'll be leaving school later since I have the meeting with my professor," I say with a smile.

"Of course, how could we forget," I hear Baek say to himself but decide to ignore it.

"So, how's your dad, Cam?" Lay asks.

I raise an eyebrow while looking asks the Cam. "What's wrong with your dad?"

"Nothing, he's fine," Cam says before glaring at Lay.

"Oh, thought you told her," he says.

"Tell me what?" I ask.

"Yeah, tell her what?" Baek says but again, I choose to ignore him.

"Nothing," Cam says.

"Does told his have anything to do with your cutting?" I ask.

"You cut?" Baekhyun asks.

"Why don't you just tell the whole freaking world about my life!" Cam exclaims.

"But we already know," I say.

"He doesn't," Cam says, pointing at Baek.

"I can leave if you want. I promise I won't say anything," he earnestly says.

Cam runs a hand though her hair. This must be serious then.

"It's nothing big. It's just that my dad has this slight alcohol problem and he dosent really take care of himself. That's why I have my job, to not only pay for school but to help him out, as well, though he only spends it on booze," she says.

I walk around the island to go stand next to her seat.

"Is that why you cut?" I around skin softly.

She shrugs. "It's a terrible coping mechanism, I know, but it helps."

"Have you cut before?" Baekhyun asks before he hurriedly says, "Sorry. You don't have to answer that."

Cam nods. "Family issues can kinda add stress to an already stressed out teenager."

"You haven't done it again have you?" Lay asks.

"No."

I stare asks the her, not quite sure if I should believe her or not. It's as she knows what I'm thinking because she raises both sleeves of her shirt to show me her wrists.

A pang of guilt flushes through me as I see she wasn't lying.

"It's okay. Self-harmers are known to be pretty good liars," she says with a small smile. 

"I don't know whether to be impressed or scared at at all this psychology talk," Baek says. "But I'm glad you're okay."

"Proud of you for not doing it," Lay says says to her with a smile. 

Cam only rolls her eyes before smiling. "Is that fruit salad ready or what?" She asks, not wanting to talk about this topic anymore.

I give her a quick hug before walking back around the counter.

"Now you have two additional people to come and talk to," Lay says.

Cam just looks at him.

"And you have a very big mouth, you know," she says, making us all laugh.

 

 

 

Michelle’s POV 

I couldn't bear it anymore. He goes in to tell his CEO that he's seeing someone and he comes out with another relationship? How dies that even happen?

I left the living room and stormed my way into Robin's bedroom.

I sat on the edge of her bed, elbows resting on my knees, head in my hands. How did everything get so complicated?

I just stayed there with my thoughts, ignoring the sudden dip in the bed next to me. Next thing I know, I'm staring at Minseok, while he wiping away the tears I didn't know I let fall.

"I'm sorry," is all he says as he leans his forehead against mine. "I'm so sorry."

I don't say anything. I just sit there listening to our breathing. 

"You don't love her, right?" I ask, my eyes still closed.

I feel him pull away. I feel his gaze on me as I look down.

"Michelle," he says.

I didn't move, afraid that more tears will fall again.

"Michelle, look at me. Please," he says. 

I lift up my head to meet his eyes. A pang of guilt washed over me as I saw the sadness and sorrow in his eyes. Maybe I'm thinking about this too much. Maybe this isn't as bad as it seems. 

"I only love you, Michelle. I only love you and no one else. Whatever anyone says, just know that I love you and only you. This relationship isn't real. It's just something I gotta do to protect you and us."

"What am I supposed to do when I see pictures and videos of you and her holding hands and most likely kissing? You'll be able to go out on dates with her while we have to hide in secrecy. There's that chance that you two could actually fall in love with each other, Minseok. I don't know if if can take that," I say.

He grabs both my hands into his. "I'm not going to fall in love with anyone. And I'm not going to lie and sugar coat things for you. We'll have to lay low for a while but this won't be permanent. I promise. But I understand if you want to break up," he says before sighing and dropping my hands. He kisses my forehead before saying, "Just know that I love you. Always remember that." He then starts to walk away towards the door.

Can I really do this? Is this all worth the risk of getting hurt and humiliated all over again? 

Before I know it, I'm up on my feet, reaching him before he walked out the door. I tightly wrapped my hands around his waist in away ll round back hug.

"Don't leave," I say.

"I don't want to hurt you anymore than I already have, Michelle. You can find someone that you'll be able to have a normal relationship with. You're right. You should be able to freely date and not worry about getting your picture taken. You shouldn't have to worry about fans. You shouldn't have to go through this," he says.

"No, it'll be worth it," I say as he turns around to face me. "You asked me before if I was willing to put up with dating an idol and everything that came with it. I'm not going to stop now. As long as we love and trust each other, we'll be alright. We'll make it through. I know you're just doing what's best for us. I trust and love you, Minseok."

That's when he takes my face into his and brings his lips to mine. I could feel all his emotions in the kiss, fear, relief, sadness, and love. He pulls back and we look into each other's eyes.

"I love you, Michelle. Please don't ever forget that. Promise me you won't."

"I love you, too. And I promise."

I just hope that it will be enough.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks to pinkygracey, YeppyeunUnnie, taecmars, Suhosekai, caecilianoya, and Byun_RaRa  for subscribing!