Chapter 33

Drunk in Love

It’s hard
Because it’s beautiful
Recognize me
Don’t glance at me
Love me, me
Don’t miss it

Eat ~ Zion T.

 

 

 

Author's POV

 

Minseok went to the door and opened it before stepping back and letting Camille in.

Hi! How are you?” she asks with a smile as she steps inside.

So what is this about Michelle? I called her but she hasn't answered or replied,” he says shutting the door after her.

Camille happily nods. “She's probably in class right now. I told her if she didn't tell you or the police by last night that I was gonna tell her.”

Are you okay? You seem. . .different,” he says.

“I'm fine. I just have a lot of energy today. Weird, right? But enough about me. I'm here about Michelle.”

“Is she alright at least?”

“She's fine. I talked to her last night and she seemed really sad. It really though, I hate seeing my friends sad, don't you?” Camille rambles on.

Minseok runs a hand down his face. What is with this girl, seriously. He takes a breath to calm him down.

Okay, back to Michelle, Cam,” he says calmly.

Oh yea! I saw her arm and she had this red mark, like someone grabbed her, you know? I asked her about it. It's this stalker dude who did it. I think he made her break up with you. Isn't that sad? That's really sad.”

“What?!” he exclaims.

That's what I said! She won't listen to me and I don't know why!”

“If anyone asks, just tell them I'm with Michelle,” he says before grabbing his jacket and storming out the door.

Yeah! Go get your girl! Fighting!”

“Camille?” she turns around to see Baekhyun.

Hi Baek! How are You? Is Alex with You? You two look really cute together!” Camille says with a smile.

Baekhyun looks at her funny before walking up to her. He bends down to sniff .

Well, you're not drunk. Are you okay?” he asks as he places the back of his hand on her forehead. “No fever either.”

“I feel great. How do you feel? Isn't a wonderful day? Where is everyone else at?”

“Why are you like this today? Have you been sleeping?” he asks.

Nope! I got no sleep at all. I'm not even tired! I just have all this energy? We should do something! Are you busy? Do you have a schedule? Oh, can I come watch?” Camille hurriedly says.

Maybe we should take you to the doctor. You don't seem well.”

“I'm fine! See!” she says with a smile. “I'm just happy!”

Baekhyun sighs. “Alright then. How about we wait here until Alex gets out of class?”

“Okay! Let's watch a movie! Or we can cook? I can't cook, can you cook? Maybe we can make something for everyone. Where are they? Are they practicing? Oh, can I watch?”

Baekhyun just stared at her, not sure of what to think of it.

Maybe she's high, he thought.

 

 

 

 

Minseok’s POV

 

 

I practically bang on Michelle's door.  Please be home, please be home.

I continuing banging when the door suddenly swings open.

“What the hell is” She begins to say but stops once she sees me.

I walk in and shut the door behind me. I take a deep breath before facing her again.

Why didn't you tell me?” I ask right away?

Tell you what?”

“I'm really trying to be calm here, Michelle. Please don't give me this bull,” I say.

What the hell are you talking about? You have no right to storm in my place and start accusing me of-

I gently grab her arms and turn them over, only to see a red grip mark on her wrist.

“S-so it was true,” I softly say.

She pulls her arms back and look down. “I didn't think she'd actually tell you.”

“Michelle, that's not the point right now. Who is hurting you?”

“You don't need to know Minseok. It doesn't concern you.”

“I don't care if we're together or not. I still care about your well-being, Michelle. Is this guy blackmailing you or something?”

Seriously. I'm taking care of it,” She says.

And I want to help. Please, just let me help you, Michelle,” I say.

He has pictures and videos of us. He said he'd post them if I didn't break up with you. You guys were in the spotlight and I didn't want to take a chance,” she says.

“Who is it?” I asked through clenched teeth.

M-my ex,” She says in a barely audible voice.

I run my hand through my hair and down my face to calm my anger. Why the is her ex here? Why is he even doing this.

Look, I can take care if this myself. You don't have to worry.”

“Of course I'm going to worry. There's some er up psycho out there that may potentially hurt you, Michelle. I can care less about some stupid photos. Let him leak them! If that means you are okay and we were still happy together, he can leak them all he wants. It wouldn’t bother me any. All I care about is you, Michelle. I love you too much to let such a petty thing get in between us. I thought you knew that.”

“I-I’m sorry. I-I” I pull her into my embrace and wrap my arms tight around her.

Shhh. Don't be sorry. I just care for you. I was terrified when I thought someone was hurting you. I just want you to be safe and happy, even if it's not with me,” I say.

She pulls her head back and I see the tears that's been running down her face.

B-but, I still want to be with you. I never wanted to break it off,” She says with a pout.

I hold her face and wipe her tears away with my thumbs. “Just tell me next time, okay? I know your past affects you a lot but I have something to tell you. I'm here to stay. So, if we get back together, I'm not letting you go, ever.”

She wraps her arms around my waist and lays her head on my chest. “And I'm okay with that.”

I kiss the tip of her head as I bring her even closer to me, not wanting to let her go.

 

I promise, Michelle . . .

 

I'll keep you safe and happy. . .

 

I promise you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Alex's POV

 

She's been acting weird like she's on a sugar high or something,” Baek says.

And she just stayed here all day? Did she not go to school or work?” I ask him as I peek at Cam on the couch watching tv.

Yeah, it seems as she calmed down, though. Is everything alright with her?” he asks.

Not that I know of,” I say. “She said her father is acting the same. And she hasn't been cutting. She really does seem happy.”

“She did say she didn't get any sleep last night,” he says.

That's probably it then. People act strange when they don't get sleep,” I say.

 

He nods before coming closer to me. “So, I think hyung and Michelle are talking again. He pretty much stormed outta here.”

“That's a relief. She's been so out of it lately. Hopefully everything goes back to being normal,” I say.

He nods. “Plus, I think Suho hyung has an idea about him coming back. He said he wanted to meet with all of us.”

“Seems like things are going the way they should,” I say in relief.

“I agree. With you with me, everything is perfect,” he says as he pulls me in and plants a quick kiss on my lips.

I giggle at him. “I should go and take her home. Thanks for staying with her.”

“No problem. It was pretty entertaining actually. I think she had more energy than Chanyeol.”

“Wow. I never want to be the witness to that then,” I say with a chuckle.

 

“Hey, how are you feeling, Cam?” I ask her.

“Fine. How was your day?” she asks me.

“Not as interesting as yours, apparently.”

“What do you mean?” She asks.

Do you not remember?” Baek asks, “You were all hyper and bat crazy and stuff.”

“I was?” she asks.

Me and Baek look at each other. “Umm, let's get you home. You definitely need some sleep.”

“Okay then,” She says as she looks at me weirdly.

I shake my head at her. Yeah, she definitely needs some sleep. 

 

 

 

 

 

A very crappy chapter. I'll try to make the next one better. :)