Chapter 8

Drunk in Love
There's a lot that you don't notice
When you read between the lines
The future's out of focus,
When you're blinded by the light.
It's a hope for all the hopeless
In the worst of trying times
I resort to being speechless
~Don't Speak-The Jonas Brothers 

 

 

Robin's POV

 

“What do you mean she left?” Michelle asks me or more yells.

“She left. She said I’ll get out the way so you and the baby can be healthy and she said she’d move out. I woke up this morning and true to her word, she was gone,” I say before taking a bite out of my sandwich.

Michelle rubs her temples. “I really don’t understand what’s going on. Something just isn’t right. She’s keeping something from us. She just wouldn’t act like this for nothing.”

“That’s what I’m saying. I guess I just got so pissed that she wouldn’t tell me. I mean, you’d think she'd  tell me everything with how long I’ve known her,” I say.

Alex scans the dining hall before looking back at us. “That’s the thing. Does she really tell you everything, though?” “

What do you mean?” I ask before taking a sip of my tea.

“Has she even told you anything that happened during the eight weeks we’ve been here and she was still in Chicago? Besides the few texts and Skype sessions, has she told us anything that dealt with her?” Alex says.

“Well, I just thought nothing happened. I mean, you know how she is,” I say. But thinking back, she hasn’t told me anything. Every time we talked, she never really mentioned anything about herself.

“See, I’m right aren’t I?” Alex says before taking a bite of her waffle.

“Don’t listen to her. And if something did happen, I’m sure she has a reasonable explanation for it,” Michelle says.

“I don’t know. And she’s never told us what happened to her mom that day. For all we know, she could be a runaway murderer.”

“Alex, seriously. That isn’t funny,” Michelle says before turning towards me. “We should just go and visit her today at work. We’re all free after classes, right? We’ll meet up at our apartment and just leave from there.”

“Can’t we stop talking about the petty girl now? She’s really killing my vibe. Anyways, how are you and lil baby doing?” Alex asks.

“Fine. No sickness, thank goodness, but I still can’t eat fries and it’s really upsetting me.,” I say. I love fries, any type of fries and the fact that I can’t even look at them without getting sick is hurting my heart.

“Have you told your parents, yet?” Michelle asks.

“No. I need to soon, though. I think I’m going to do it after my next appointment, which is in two days. Speaking of which, are you both free at four then?” I ask. I really don’t want to go alone.

“Class,” Alex says.

“Advisor meeting,” Michelle says with a roll of her eyes.

“Cam won’t take you?”

“I don’t even know if we’ll be talking then. It’s fine. I can just go by myself. “

“Are you sure? I can reschedule my meeting? I would love to actually, “ Michelle hopefully says.

“No, no. I wouldn’t want you to do that. I’ll be fine,” I say with a smile.

“So how are you going to tell your parents? How do you think they’ll react” Alex asks.

I shrug. “I honestly don’t know. They could either be completely pissed or not even give two s.” You see, me and parents used to be close, until my brother died. Ever since then, we’ve slowly drifted apart and hardly talk to each other. We barely say hello when we see each other. Deep down, I feel like they’re angry at me for him dying. Yeah, I know, it’s not my fault he died, but I feel they’re putting the blame on me. And to be honest, it’s okay if it makes them feel better. Even though we’re not really a family anymore, I still love them and would do anything for them.

“You think they’ll come up here to visit?” Michelle asks.

“Who knows,” I say before taking the last bite of my sandwich.

 

 

Camille’s POV

 

I take a deep breath before bringing my closed hand to the door and knocking on it. As I waited, I looked to the side of the door. Maybe I should’ve used the doorbell instead? My thoughts were broken as the door opens.

Oh, Camille. What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be in class?” she asks as she pulls me in a hug.

I’m finished with my classes for the day. I just wanted to come see you before work,” I say as I step inside the house.

“Oh, how’s the job going? Myungdo says you’re doing a wonderful job,” she says. She leads me to the kitchen and I take a seat at the island.

That’s good. I like it there and plus he let’s me do homework when it’s not busy,” I say.

“How’s school going? Still wanting to be a doctor?” she asks as she places a plate of cookies on the counter.

“I’m trying.”

“You know, if he could, you’re dad would be really proud of you,” she says. I just ignore the statement before taking a cookie. I feel her eyes on me but I refuse to look up.

Have you been sleeping? What’s with the circles under your eyes you’re trying to hide with your glasses?”

I have a lot of school work.” It then goes silent again.

How’s your dad anyways?” she asks.

He’s fine.”

“And by fine you mean?”

“That he’s fine.

I hear her sigh. “Has he been calling you and asking for money again?” she asks me.

I just sit there silently and eat my cookie.

Camille, I am speaking to you.”

Grandma, it’s not a big deal,” I say, trying to hide my shaky voice.

Camille, you can’t keep supporting him like this. I know he’s your dad but you’re his daughter. You shouldn’t be taking care of him. He should be helping you get through college,” my grandma says.

But grandma, I can’t just leave him like that. Besides, he’s your son, too.”

Yes, he is but I will not call him that until he gets some help and does something with his life. He really needs to get it together. It’s been too many years, Camille. He shouldn’t be doing this to himself or you. You shouldn’t supporting his-“

Can we not talk about this anymore?” I ask. I really hate how my grandma talks about my dad. I know he’s not the best, but he has his reasons for the way he’s been acting.

“I thought bringing him back to his home country would help but I guess not,” she says before sighing. “Why are you hear anyways, you know, besides to visit your old grandma and get food out of me?” she asks with a smile.

Would it be alright if I stayed here?” I ask.

“But aren’t you staying with Robin?”

I’m moving out.”

“Did something happen between you two?” she asks. I kept quiet, which was probably a bad idea. I sigh before running my fingers through my hair and telling her what’s been going on.

 

Wow. I can’t believe she’s pregnant. Has she told her parents, yet?

I shake my head. “Nothing that I know of.”

Well, I can kind of see where they’re all coming from but I can also see your point as well. I think you should tell them, though,” my grandma says.

I want to but I don’t want any of them to get hurt. It’s just better if they go on hating me than them getting hurt because of me,” I say.

Why would they get hurt? Are those people coming after you again?” my grandma seriously asks.

Not since last week. They shouldn’t be coming back,” I say as I run my hand through my hair again.

“I thought moving here would help you but I guess not. You let me know if they do come back, okay? I swear, your father doesn’t deserve a daughter like you. You honestly care too much,” she says as she walks over to hug me.

I can’t leave him grandma. He needs me and I still love him,” I honestly say. I feel like crying. I just want to stay in my grandma’s arms forever. I wish I was five again when everything was perfect. Now my life is a complete mess. Why’d I have to grow up? Why did my life turn out like this?

And of course you can stay here. You’re my only granddaughter of course. And apparently you need someone taking care of you. Have you been eating? Why do you feel thinner?” she says, making me smile.

Thanks grandma. I can pay rent and make sure-“

“No. I am your grandmother. You will not give me any money. You save your money and put it towards your education. I’m going to need a good and smart doctor in my old age,” she says before chuckling. I join her. My life would be a complete disaster if I didn’t have my grandma. I don’t know what I’d do without her.

"And you should think about it. Talk to your friends. They may not think you trust them. And besides, it seems as if you all need to support each other, especially with the baby in the picture. Just think about it."

 

 

Coffee Shop

Michelle’s POV

 

“Come on. It won’t be that bad. I’m pretty sure I know her well enough that she won’t make a scene in public,” I say to Robin as we get out of my car.

“I guess you’re right but still. It wasn’t a pretty scene last night. I did say some things that I now regret. She may not even talk to me at all,” Robin says.

“Just come on. You’ll have a better chance cause Alex isn’t here.” We decided that bringing Alex probably wouldn’t help the case. At least, not now anyways.

We walk through the door, causing the bell to ring. Man, this place smells so good. I should’ve came here sooner. I scan the place and find Cam at the register taking people’s orders.

“Well, let’s get in line,” I say.

“Is coffee okay for the baby?” Robin asks me.

“Uhhh…yes? Isn’t it just alcohol that you can’t drink?” I ask. Seriously, how the heck am I supposed to know.

“I don’t know either. The doctor never told me this. Maybe I can Google it right quick,” she says as she pulls her phone out her purse.

“Too late,“ I say as we are now in front. I look at Cam who looks shocked for a moment before a smile appears on her face. Yeah, see? I knew she’d be happy to see us.

“Hi, what can I get you today?” Cam asks. Well damn. That was her forced customer smile.

“Uh, yeah. Can I have a vanilla latte please?” I ask. She nods as she punches stuff into the register computer thingy.

“And you?” She asks as she looks at Robin. This is a start, right? At least Cam isn’t ignoring her.

“A carmel machiatto,” Robin says. Cam just stares at her for a moment before nodding.

“That’ll be $6.85,” she says and I hand her the money.

“I’ll call you up when your order is ready,” she says before going to make our drinks.

Me and Robin go to a small table to sit.

“Well, she looked at me,” Robin says.

I nod. “Maybe it’s not too bad,” I say.

“I don’t know. She could just be acting professional. She isn’t one to mix her personal life with business.”

“We’ll fix this. One way or another, we will all be best friends again,” I say.

“Our drinks are ready,” Robin says. I turn towards the counter and see Cam placing our drink.

“I’ll get ‘em,” I say before standing and walking over to her.

“Hey Cam,” I say.

“Hi.”

”You okay?”

“I’m fine.”

“Cam, you can’t keep shutting us out like this, you know. We care about you. We want to help,” I say. I look at her. She looks like she’s contemplating something. She goes to open but then the door opens. Damn it! So close!

“I have to go,” she says as she turns, only to turn back. “Tell Robin to drink no more than 12 ounces of caffeine a day. Having more than that may harm the baby. Plus it’ll make her pee even more,” she says before leaving to take care of the customer. I sigh before walking back towards our table.

“I’m gonna assume that it didn’t go well by the look on your face,” Robin says as I hand her her coffee.

“No. But it looked like she was going to say something but then that stupid bell stopped her,” I say.

“Well, the only thing I can do is give her some space.”

“By the way, she says not to drink more than 12 ounces of caffeine a day.”

“Why not?” she asks.

“She said something about harming the baby and making you pee more.”

“Least she still cares.”

“I don’t think she ever stopped caring. Robin, I really think she isn’t telling us something. She’s hiding something from us and it must be pretty bad. Maybe she’s purposely trying to push us away. I mean, think about it. It’s the only logical thing I can think of.”

“I don’t know. Let’s just go. She’s busy and I have a project to work on a project,” Robin says as she stands up and walks towards the door. I get up and follow her, not before looking back at Cam, who’s helping customers. I will get to the bottom of this.

 

 

 

Lay’s POV

 

You know, you really didn’t have to come,” I say.

And miss the chick you and Chanyeol have been talking about? No way. Especially when it’s like what? Third day coming here?” Baekhyun says to me.

I just roll my eyes. “Like I said. It’s for hyung. She knows the mother so I thought I could try to help,” I say.

Then why didn’t you ask or help yesterday while you were here?” he asks.

Why are you bothering me with a bunch of questions?” I ask as I turn towards him.

And why aren’t you answering them? Do you like this girl?” Baekhyun asks me.

I turn around and walk to the door, leaving him behind. Seriously, I was so close leaving the dorm by myself.

Ya! I’m talking to you! Come back here you high unicorn,” I hear him say.

I open the door, causing the bells to ring. I see Camille helping a customer. Seeing her just makes me instantly relax for some reason. I realize I’m standing by the door so I go up to the counter just as the guy before me finishes.

Ah, it’s you again,” she says with a smile.

Yeah, thought I’d come to tell you thanks.”

“Thanks?” she says confusedly.

Yeah. Your idea helped me sleep. I actually fell asleep pretty fast last night,” I say.

She smiles. “Glad I could help.”

So, I kind of need to tal-“

“Why did you leave me?” I hear loud mouth say. Why? Really, just why? Soon enough, Baekhyun is standing besides me.

That was really rude,” he says to me before looking towards Camille.

Ah. You must be the chick Chanyeol was talking about, “ he says.

Ummm, I don’t know about that,” Camille says.

You ain’t that bad looking. You’re pretty banga-“ I clasp my hand over his mouth before another word leaves.

Can we have two hot chocolates please?” I say.

“Sure,” she says. I just nod and drag Baek to a booth.

 

What the hell?” I say.

What? I see why you like her. I mean, her looks are pretty decent but I think you can do better. She works at a coffee shop, Lay. You have better standards than that.

And what is that supposed to mean?” I say as I start to get mad. This guy and his fat mouth, never knowing when to shut up.

We’re idols and she’s . . .here. I guess I just don’t understand why Chanyeol was so happy to meet her. I mean, she’s a nobody,” he says. Before I could retort back, Camille comes back with our hot chocolates.

Here’s two hot chocolates,“ She says as she places them down on our table.

Thanks,” I say.

Yeah, thanks sweetie,” Baekhyun says with a wink. Camille just stares at him what looks like to be a face of disgust. It took me some strength to not burst out laughing.

Yeah, you’re welcome,” she says before looking back at me.

So, I kinda have a favor to ask you.”

“Well, it depends what it is,” I say back.

She then grabs a chair and puts it at the end of our table before sitting in it. She then runs her hand through her hair.

So, as you two may or may not know, your leader got my friend pregnant,” she starts off.

“Yes, we know,” Baekhyun chimes in, making me roll my eyes.

Yeah. She actually came over to the dorm to tell him that and from what I heard, it didn’t go too well,” I say.

She nods. “I’ve heard. But anyways, some things have happened since then and some time has passed by. So I thought maybe your leader has maybe come to his senses by now.”

“I think he has. That’s why I’m actually here. He wants to talk to her but he really doesn’t have any way to contact her,” I say.

Really? That’s good then,” she says before taking a card out of her pocket.

This is Robin’s next appointment with the doctor,” she says while placing the card on the table. “If he wants to make things right, he should come. They can then decide what to do from there.”

That’s not a bad idea,” Baekhyun says.

Yeah. That way she can see that he wants to be there for her,” I add in.

Exactly. He just better not screw up and act like a again,” she says.

I hope not. His is what got himself in this problem in the first place,” Baekhyun says while shaking his head. I give him a look, only to get a what back from him.

“Anyways, I’ll make sure he gets this and we’ll make sure he’s there and not a minute late to the appointment,” I say.

Thanks. It’d be a big help,” she says.

Well, now that’s all solved, I have to go record stuff,” Baekhyun says before standing up. “Oh, do you think you could give me your friend’s number?”

“Umm, Michelle?” Camille asks.

No. The other one with the nice ,” he says. I just rub my temples. I quit trying to shut this guy up.

Alex?”

Yeah! The hot feisty one, Alex,” Baekhyun says.

Ummm, I’ll have to talk to her but I don’t think she’ll says yes,” Camille says.

Oh, just mention my name. No girls can resist the Baekhyun charm,” he says before winking and leaving.

Camille watches him until he goes out the dorm before turning towards me. “Not to be all nosey or anything, but did he have some bad breakup or something?” she asks.

“Something like that. Why?” I ask.

“I can tell he has trust issues with women. I mean the way he talks about them. If i weren't at work, he probably would have gotten slapped for talking about Alex like that.” says.

“Yeah. I apologize for him. Wait, you got that he as trust issues from talking with him for five minutes?” I ask, pretty intrigued.

She shrugs, “Pre-med psych.”

“You must be good at reading everyone then,” I say.

No. I sometimes wish, though. Maybe my life wouldn’t be where it’s at,” she says, the latter part more quietly.

I take a good look at her. It’s the first time I’ve noticed but she looks really tired. Worse than yesterday. She looks sad, too.

Hey, are you okay?” I guess I knocked her out of her trance.

“I’m fine. I should get back to work,” she says as she stands and puts the chair back.

Hey, I know we’ve just met and we don’t really know each other but I’m always here if you need someone to talk to,” I say. “Matter of fact, give me your phone.

Why? You seem to come here everyday anyways,” she says.

I nonchalantly shrug and say, “It’d be easier if we had each others contacts since Robin and Suho aren't talking, yet." Smooth Lay, real smooth.

She seems to think this over for a bit. "I guess so," she says before handing me her phone.

 

 

I nod and put my number in her phone. I call it so I now have hers too. “Okay. We now have each others numbers,” I say with a smile.

She nods.”

I smile, “I guess I’ll see you later then,” I say as I begin walking out. She smiles and waves before I exit the door.

 

I leave with another huge smile on my face along with her number.

Oh, and I helped Suho hyung so he will be happy, too. Win win for everyone today.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi guys! I wasn't planning on writing anot her chapter until break, especially since it's been one hell of a bad week for me. But I got some pretty good news Friday, so I was like, why not write a chapter? lolz.

Anyways, I hope you guys liked it! I know it's kinda boring but the next one will be better!

 

Ahh, you guys are awesome! thanks for the up votes and Arellano of the subscriptions and comments!

Thanks to uwakku, Felix-Emma, and missacinorev for subscribing!!!

And a huge thanks to Elease, Felix-Emma, and of course, shawolll for commenting!! I love reading what you guys think of the story! 

Felix-Emma: I don't know if that's a good or bad thing? lol. Hopefully she turns out better for you. haha :)

 

Thanks everyone!!

 

PEACE