Chapter 11

Destiny

 “I don’t know man, she just randomly came out with it,” said Doojoon. “How was I supposed to respond to that?”

 “I always knew she was the scary one,” Junhyung commented, face twisted in scorn, “She’ll get her claws in you soon.”

 “She was the one that ended it between us!”

 “Help me carry this box. Then she was re-thinking your relationship,” said Junhyung breathlessly, carrying the heavy boxed amplifier he just bought, “I can’t wait to blast music through these babies.”

Doojoon settled himself on a chaair, checking his phone to read the new text message.

From Lizzy:

Oppa~ what are you doing today? :)

He deleted the message quickly, and then contemplated deleting her number permanently or not. For some reason he felt bad. More like a bad omen was about to occur. And he didn’t like this feeling one bit.

 “I’ll tell you one reason that Lizzy would want you back,” said Junhyung. Doojoon stopped playing with his phone and looked up. “She’s threatened by Krystal. And she’ll do anything to get what she wants. Look at your past relationship.”

 “What about it?”

 “She had you whipped.”

Doojoon thought back to their past. It was kind of true; if she wanted to see him he’d be there in an instant, dinner dates were always of her choice, he’d have to tell her of his whereabouts. It took an angry Junhyung and his other close friends to finally knock some sense into him, but before he could do anything she had called him one night and ended things.  

 “Yeah, don’t remind me. I just need to avoid her now at all costs.”

 “Not just you. You and Krystal.”

***

“Krystal, can we talk please?” Jessica leaned on the doorframe, waiting for her sister to allow her permission to enter the room. Her sister closed her  book roughly and looked at her with a stubborn, cold gaze.

 “Fine.”

Jessica sat herself on the desk chair and faced her sister. Usually if they had arguments, she being the angry one would cry, then apologise and then all would be well. But this was a first where they actually had to confront each other.

 “I’m sorry OK. I know I was too hard on you last time. It’s just… you have to understand; it was really difficult for me to move on from Donghae. He was the first guy I… fell in love with and someone… I was going to marry.”

Krystal avoided her sister’s eyes, but she heard her sister’s words. And the pain that came with it.

 “I just hate… not talking to you.” Jessica walked over and sat beside her sister, taking her hand and tugging at it cutely. “Soojung-ah please. I’m sorry, I really am. Soojung-ie I’m sowwie.”

Unable to take her sister’s cuteness and the silent war between them, Krystal playfully nudged her. “No Jess I should be sorry! I’m sorry I burst out at you like that.”

Jessica let out a sigh of relief. “I don’t think I could deal with not talking to you for more than a day. I actually lost sleep over it.”

 “Really?” Krystal raised her eyebrown, with a sarcastic sure-you-did expression on her face.

 “Well OK, not exactly. But you get how this tortured me.” Jessica leaned her head on her sister’s shoulder. “Onew asked me out for dinner by the way.”

 “Oh my god really?! And?”

 “I agreed. But we haven’t chosen a day yet. Schedule and all.” Jessica’s stomach grumbled, making Krystal giggle.

 “Well you can go on a date with me now and elaborate on Onew. C’mon let’s go get food!”

***

 “Blue or black?” Sunny asked.

 “Blue,” Onew replied absentmindedly.

 “Did you even look at my outfit?” Sunny turned, hands on her hips, eyes narrowed she looked at him. “OK tell me. What is it?”

 “What?” Onew blinked, and saw Sunny staring at him. “Black.”

 “Yeah that would’ve been helpful five minutes ago. You tell me what’s in that head of yours.”

 “I… might’ve asked Jessica out. On a date.”

Sunny’s eyes widened, before breaking into a big grin and whacked him on his arm. “Lee Jinki! So when’s the big day?”

 “You’re not mad? I asked your friend out?” This had been nagging him after Jessica and him separated that night. Sunny was not just his cousin but she was like his sister and her opinions were something he took greatly.

 “No, of course not. I think you and her are kinda compatible,” smiled Sunny. “So, when?”

 “Maybe this weekend or the next,” said Onew. “You sure you’re OK with-“

Sunny slung her arm around his neck, and patted his shoulder. “I am. Now you think of an impressive first date.”

It's about time you both have something good happen in your lives.

***

Just a short update. Sorry it's a bit boring but the next chapter should be better I promise! Love :)