Chapter 7

Destiny

“Success!” cheered Key, dancing around with a glass of bubbly in hand. The fashion show just ended and it was a success. 3 weeks of hell had paid off. He s an arm around Nicole, sneaking a kiss on the cheek. “I couldn’t have done it without you though.”

 “Yah Kibum. We’re your team. It’s us noonas!” interrupted Sooyoung, reaching over to hug Nicole. She pouted jealously at the couple. “Tsk, if only Changmin oppa didn’t have a schedule.”

 “What an irresponsible boyfriend.” Sooyoung whirled around and was greeted with a bouquet of red roses, and a smiling Changmin. He was immediately engulfed into a bear hug by a squealing Sooyoung. “You came!”

Jessica stood in the corner alone, sipping from her glass. She was surrounded by couples. Even Jaekyung, the workaholic that she was had her boyfriend to congratulate her. Her parents and sister came but decided not to stay for the after-party.

“JESSICA!” Tiffany shouted from the door entrance, followed by a towering toothy-grinned Taecyeon. She ran across the room and attacked Jessica. “It was amazing! The designs were amazing! The set was amazing! Oh my gosh it was just-“

 “Amazing,” finished Taecyeon, mocking Tiffany’s tone of voice. He bent down and gave Jessica a hug, “it was really good Jess. Your team did a great job.”

 “Oooh we ran out to get cake, that’s why we’re a bit late. Where are the matches? Taec oppa?” Tiffany frantically took out the cake, and stuck the candles on, waiting for it to be lit.

 “I thought you had them.” Tiffany put her hands on her hips, and shot a death glare.  “Chill Fany, I got them.” He reached into his pocket and pulled them, passing them to an eye-smiling Tiffany.

“Hee. That’s why you’re my fiancé. Right everyone gather around. Jaekyung-ssi, you do the honours.”

 Finishing her cake, Jessica sat quietly. With the addition of the ‘Taec-Fany’ couple, she was once again singled out.

 “Congratulations.” She was surprised at the appearance as she broke out into a smile.

 “Hyun Joong oppa! What are you doing here?”

 “It’s your first show at your first job. Why wouldn’t I be here?” ruffling Jessica’s hair, he passed her a package. “I’m sorry I missed the show though. I couldn’t get off work early.”

Jessica smiled, opening up the present. It was an art book with Jessica Jung engraved on it. Touched, she threw her arms around him. “I appreciate you coming here, oppa. That’s what’s most important.”

 “You deserve it, Sica. You’ve worked hard. I’m proud of you.”

 Curtseying, she giggled. “Thank you, thank you. I promise to show a better side of myself next time.”

 “Just skip out on the curtseying though. You’ll just scare people doing that.”

 “Oppa!”

***

Pressing the buttons furiously, Onew and G.O were battling it out on the Xbox. Having just bought the game console, the men had spent Friday and Saturday playing it to the limit and had no signs of giving up.

 “So hyung, how’s it going on the Taeyeon front?” asked Onew as he opened up the fridge, searching for something to eat. “By the way you need to stock up. Stat.”

“I’m not so sure. The date seemed to go well,” informed G.O. “They sat another 2 hours after their dinner ended. And they exchanged numbers when they left.” Onew rolled his eyes shaking his head. “What? I had to see how it went.”

 “So you watched them thewhole time? Stalker much.” Taking out the milk carton, Onew poured some into a glass; not even half was filled. “Yeah, you really need to go shopping.”

 “I’m a bachelor. I need a woman to go shopping with.”

Ding Dong!

 “Oh it’s Sunny!” G.O went to open the door. From the kitchen, one could hear the sound of nagging.

 “I’ve texted, called and left messages for the BOTH of you and NEITHER of you answered me!” fumed Sunny as she trudged across the apartment, throwing her bag down on to the sofa. She faced the men. “What was so important that I couldn’t reach either of you?”

The guys eyed the flat screen. Sunny followed suit, then her eyes set upon the Xbox.

 “This? This is what you guys ditched me for? Making me worried sick? For two. Whole. Frickin days?” Knowing that this was not the time to outsmart Sunny, the males kept quiet. “That’s it. Get changed. We’re going out! Go Go!”

***

The club was filled with loud music and people. They had decided to continue the celebration by clubbing. Not wanting to break the celebratory spirit, Jessica followed along. She had danced for a bit with Tiffany but chose to sit out, feeling bad for Taecyeon.

 “Sica unnie!” A waving hand came into sight. “Oh my god finallyyy!” She was smothered into a hug as she stood up.

 “Jieunnie!” beamed Jessica. She took a step back to take a look at the girl. “You’ve lost weight. Are you eating alright? How are the preparations coming along?” She worriedly asked, patting the girl’s face in affection.

 “Ahh, don’t worry about me. I’m doing fine,” assured Jieun. “Congratulations by the way! Taeyeon unnie told me. Now you can design my outfit for my debut stage!” Before Jessica could answer, there was a scream from the back.

 “Are you two ditching me as well?” Sunny yelled over the music. “Sica-yah let me congratulate you first.” Squealing, the 3 girls embraced one another. “I brought 2 guests along by the way.” She pointed to the guys standing behind her, before leaving to find the rest.

 “I’m G.O.” leaning over, as he introduced himself, “and this is Onew.”

 “Song Jieun.” Raising her hand into a small wave, she greeted the two.

Working up the courage, G.O went straight into it. “Do you want to dance?” She got a nod from Jessica as she quickly glanced over. Nodding, she and G.O. made their way to the dance floor.

 “Are you having a good time?” yelled Onew over the music. Jessica nodded. “Do you want a drink?” She shook her head. That went well. Now what?

A few minutes passed, and Jessica leaned over to Onew. “I’m feeling kinda beat actually. I’m gonna go.”

 “Are you driving?” Taxi she mouthed. He grabbed hold of her wrist before she could walk away. “I can drop you off. Come on let’s tell the others first.”

***

Stepping out of the crowded club, Jessica inhaled the fresh air. She waited for Onew. “Onew, I can take a taxi from here. “

 “Come on Jessica. It’s not the first time I’ve dropped you off. My car’s just over there.” He smiled at her, before walking off.

 “Did you eat yet?” asked Onew, starting the engine. Jessica was about to nod, until she felt a slight queasiness from her stomach; she shook her head.

Reaching 7 Eleven, Onew told her to wait for a bit. He came back to the car with 2 cups of ramen, handing one over to Jessica. Within minutes, both cups were empty. “That was a good meal. I owe you,” she grinned with gratitude.

 “If only we had chicken to top it off,” mumbled Onew, scraping the last of his cup.

 “Do you want anything to drink? I’ll treat you this time,” she teased.

 “Umm… I’ll have orange juice.” Jessica collected her rubbish and took his as well.

 “Alright, I’ll be back with your order sir.”

What’s taking her so long? Maybe she forgot her purse. Onew walked into the 7 Eleven. He could just see Jessica standing by the drinks section. He walked a bit closer and saw that she was talking to someone.

 “Jessica?” She didn’t answer. The person, Onew saw, was the same guy at the restaurant the previous time.

 “Didn’t know you were on a date Sica,” said the guy. What was his name again, Dongho? Dongyup? Ah yes Donghae.

 “So what if I am?” Jessica shot back, eyes flaring.

 “I’m impressed,” commented Donghae as he took a good look at Onew. The men held a silent challenge with their eyes. “Your taste in guys has changed. But have you?”

 “What is that supposed to mean?”

Donghae stepped closer to Jessica, and whispered but loud enough for Onew to hear, “does he know that he’s just wasting his time with a girl like you?” Jessica’s lip quivered, her gaze still going strong.  Continuing his attack, he hissed, “ah, but I guess he’ll find out within time.”

Onew stepped in between the two. “Donghae-ssi, I think it’s best you leave. Have a good night.” With that, he took hold of Jessica’s arm and pulled her along with him.

Successfully getting her into the car and fastening her seatbelt, Onew drove off. Shortly after, he parked in an empty car park, and turned off the engine. Her face still had the same expression as before. He was about to speak, when he saw the lone tear that escaped. Just the one tear. Without realising it, his hand reached over to wipe it away. Jessica, caught offguard, faced him; he was caught in another staring battle. It was like her eyes were speaking to him.

 “I’ll take you home.”

***

Anyone else excited for Hello Baby Season 5 with MBLAQ?! I am sooo looking forward to it! Anyway hope you've enjoyed it so far! Loves :)