Chapter 6

Destiny

 “Right this is the last of it.” Jaekyung passed the final draft of her piece to her team. The three looked it over, taking in every detail. She tried to read their expressions, particularly Jessica and Key’s.

 “Noonim, it’s good,” commented Key. “Let’s get started on it. We’ve got 3 more days till the show.”

Jaekyung exhaled in relief. This was to be her first official fashion show and she was feeling the tension. Though she was satisfied with her designs, she gave her team the final run through, just to check over them and get their opinions. “OK so we’ve sorted the designs. This one we’ll start today. And the accessories and shoes need to be set aside. And then we have to check over the set stage. We haven’t even done the itinerary properly. So many things to do!”

 “Calm down unnie,” comforted Jessica as she handed her boss a glass of water. “Itinerary has been done; just a bit of tweaking is all, no biggie. Set will be left with Key. Sooyoung has discussed with the assistants what needs to be prepared backstage.”

 “What would I do without you guys?”

 “Have a complete panic attack and then call us out to party away your sorrows,” said Key.

 “OK, so I’ll get the materials and see you down at the workshop in half an hour,” said Jaekyung. The rest picked up their things and headed down to the basement.

 As soon as they reached the workshop, the 3 set down to work. 4 hours had passed and they hadn’t taken a break since they started.  

 “I think this is the longest I’ve gone without eating,” whined Sooyoung.

 “We’ve done more than what we needed to do,” said Jaekyung satisfied. “We won’t have to rush so much. Why don’t we finish up and then head out for dinner.”

 “YES! Food!”

 “Noona, calm yourself.”

Clearing up their tables, the team went off for dinner. Having ordered, they sat and chatted for a bit.

 “So Key, how’s Nicole?” asked Jessica. She had a soft spot for the girl. Nicole had done wonders with Key, since she started dating him. Key had a straightforward character, but at times was extremely picky and expected things to go his way. And this was not helpful when it came to teamwork. But since Nicole, he had become more open and accepting of others.

 “She’s fine. She’s been a bit busy with her exam coming up,” answered Key as he cut through his steak. “Mmmm, Nicole would definitely love this. Maybe I should order one to go.” Yep, and then there was Key’s thoughtfulness.

***

Oh man, I’m late. Unnie’s gonna kill me! Krystal rushed out of class and made her way to her sister.

 “Krystal-ssi!” She turned and found the owner of the voice. Uh-oh.

 “Ahh, Minho… ssi,” greeted Krystal awkwardly.

 “You just finished practice?”

 “Oh, no I just had class.” Why is he trying to make conversation with me?

 “Ah OK.”

Krystal’s phone rang. Oh thank God.

 “I’m sorry Minho-ssi, but I’m late meeting my sister. See you later!” And Krystal dashed off. Spotting her sister’s car in the distance, she ran and got in as fast as possible.

 “Woah,” said Jessica.

 “Hi Jessi! Let’s go go!”

 “Seatbelt please. And why does it seem like you were running a marathon? I thought you only had class today.”

 “I had to get away from someone that’s why.”

 “Who? Kwanghee oppa?” joked Jessica. Kwanghee had publicly confessed his love for Krystal and though it was done sincerely, it became an inside joke between the two.

 “Choi Minho.”

***

Doojoon was sat at the library, doing his class assignment. The deadline was tomorrow and he still had another 800 words to go. He sipped his coffee and glanced at his watch. 6.45 pm. He’d give himself another hour to finish it off. His phone vibrated. Buingbuing <3.

 “Hi baby.”

 “Hey oppa! How’s the assignment coming along?”

 “Not too bad. I got another 800 words left then I’m done. How was class today?”

 “It was alright. Professor Kim was a total bore as usual. Anyway unnie and I are gonna go for dinner and she asked to me to call you.”

 “Oh, so you weren’t gonna call me at all, it was Jessica,” teased Doojoon.

 “Noooo! It’s cause I know you’ve got your deadline and didn’t wanna disturb you, oppa.” He could imagine her face right now; her bottom lip out, eyes down, playing with the ends of her hair.

“I’m messing, Krys. I’d love to join you guys but I just wanna finish this off.”

 “Are you sure? We could pack something for you and drop it off later,” said Krystal. She knew how her boyfriend got when he was busy. He’d forget to eat and just depend on water or coffee.

 “Yeah. I’ll call you later k.” Two minutes after the call ended, it rang again.

 “Jung Soojung don’t worry. I’ll text you when I’ve eaten OK?”

 “He-hello? Doojoon?” He sat up at the unknown but familiar voice on the opposite end. “Doojoon oppa? Hi. It’s Lizzy.”

***

Ending the phone call with Doojoon, Krystal let out a sigh of relief. Jessica took this moment to ask her again.

 “Choi Minho? As in Choi Minho?” asked Jessica, switching off the engine and stepping out of her car.

 “Yeah. It was him. Believe it or not he now attends my uni.”

 “What! Since when did Min-“

Krystal shushed her. “Jess. English please.”

 “Oh right. Spill.”

 Krystal sighed. “We actually met like 3 weeks ago.” Biting into her burger, she relayed the details of the meet-up. “I haven’t even had the chance to tell Doojoon everything.”

 “Wow. What a coincidence. We both end up seeing our exes,” chuckled Jessica, stirring her milkshake with the straw. Krystal spluttered, blinking at her sister, in shock.

“You what?! You saw Donghae? Oh my god! When, where, how? WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME!?” questioned Krystal, oblivious to the looks of the others around them. Things like these were never kept a secret between the two.

 “Few weeks ago. I was having lunch with the girls and he wanted to ‘check on his hoobaes’,” answered Jessica, ignoring the look of surprise on the younger one’s face.  

 “And you choose to tell me this now?!”

 “Hey you saw Minho and didn’t tell me either. So we’re even,” commented Jessica nonchalantly.

 “Hmph. Ugh, I’m gonna have to get used to seeing him around uni.” Something she was not looking forward to. “And what do I tell Doojoon oppa?”

 “The truth. Tell him you two had a thing in the past, it didn’t work out and that’s that,” advised Jessica. “Minho is the last person you should think of when it comes to intrusion.”

***