Chapter 4

Destiny

 

Choi Minho. It had been a long time since she last heard that name. Krystal looked up at the guy she was just introduced to. True enough it was him. He looked at her right in the eye. Startled, she focused her eyes on the ice cream.

 “Minho, this is my girlfriend, Krystal.” Minho continued to stare at her. I should tell Doojoon oppa that we’re old friends. No, we were high school mates. Yeah high school sunbae-hoobae. It’s better that I come clean rather than pretend I don’t kno-

“Krystal-ssi, it’s nice to finally meet you,” said Minho. “I’ve heard a lot about you from Doojoon hyung.”

What?  Krystal looked to Minho with a puzzled look. Minho continued his chat with Doojoon.

 “Minho! We need to leave. Hurry up!” A girl came running towards the table. “Oh hello! Are you Minho’s friends? I’m Soyu.” The girl greeted cheerfully.

 “Hello.”

 “I apologise for interrupting but we really have to run. We’ve got an appointment to go to.”

 “Please go ahead. We wouldn’t want to make you late,” Doojoon replied, as he nodded to Minho to make a move.

 “It was nice seeing you, Doojoon hyung, Krystal-ssi. Goodbye!” Minho bowed before he followed Soyu out.

What just happened?

***

Jessica came out of the shower, drying her hair when her phone rang. Who would call me at midnight.

 “Jessi!” Tiffany.

 “Hey Fany, what’s up?”

 “Just wanted to ask about you and Sunny’s cousin, Onew.”

 “What about? We just chatted to one another. It wasn’t anything serious.”

 “Puh-lease. Jessi, I’ve known you longest out of the girls and you never get that comfortable that quick. Especially with a dude.”

Jessica waited for her laptop to load. “Tiffany, I was being polite. By the way are we still up for tomorrow? I need some serious retail therapy.” She heard a loud thud and a sudden squabble over the phone. “Hello? Fany?”

 “Hiiiii!” Jessica laughed.

 “Hey, Taecyeon oppa. How you doinnnn?”

 “Jessica, you can’t pull off the Joey tone as well as I can. How you doin?”

 “Fine. How’d you know it was me?”

 “Considering its midnight, and Tiffany speaking English, who else could it be.”

 “OPPA! Gerroffff! I was in the middle of, no get off, I thought you had your English football match to watch. Go. Shoo!”

 “Aww, Ti-panyy, I was just saying hi. Bye Jessi!”

 “Oppa you know how I hate that aegyo you do. Stop it. I said stop! Sorry about that Jessi. You know this fiancé of mine. Yeah so anyway, I’ll meet you at 10. We can have lunch afterwards k.”

 “Cool. Night!”

Jessica logged on to her Facebook and checked her notifications.

2 game requests. Ignore.

Yoon Bora and Song Jieun Posted on your wall.

Yoon Bora: Sica! I’m coming back on Sunday, don’t know if Doojoon informed you. Knowing my brother. Anyway I better be seeing you! Love xoxo

Song Jieun: Unnie! Haven’t heard from you in ages. Hope ur ok ^.^ Miss you ~

 As she replied to the wallposts, a chatbox came up. Lee Donghae. Hesitating, she moved the cursor around and hovered till she clicked on the conversation.

Lee Donghae: Hey…

Are u there?

There’s gonna be a reunion of the Phantomites. It’d be nice if you could come. Catch u later then. Night :o)

Jessica sighed as she saw the event invite for Phantomites. She clicked Maybe. She shut off her laptop and got ready for bed. Tomorrow was something to look forward to.

***

Sunny fiddled with the knobs of the radio as she searched for a radio station. “What do you think of Sica?” Onew turned to Sunny, surprised at the sudden question. Stopping at a red light she waited for an answer.

 “She seems nice. Although she was a bit… difficult to approach. Why?”

 “Nothing. I was just wondering, since you guys hit it off pretty well.” Sunny parked in front of Onew’s apartment. “Could you come over to office for an hour or so tomorrow? I know it’s the weekend but I just wanna go over the documents once more before we send the final drafts.”

 “Yeah of course. Give me a miss call when you’ve reached home k. Good night.”

 “Will do. And, Onew,” Onew turned back. “You know you can tell me anything right? I’m only a phone call away.” Onew just stood there as he watched her drive away.

***

Doojoon and Krystal swung their arms as they walked hand in hand. Krystal deep in thought hadn’t realised she was in front her gate.

 “What’s wrong, Krystal? You’ve been quiet ever since we left the shop.”

 “Oh. It’s nothing,” Krystal hesitated, biting her lower lip as she tightened her grip on Doojoon’s hand. “Oppa, we’ve always been honest with each other right? And we’ve always said that we would share secrets if we felt it was appropriate.” Doojoon nodded as he studied Krystal’s face.

 “It’s got to do with Minho doesn’t it?” Krystal looked to her boyfriend, face frozen. “I felt the awkwardness too y’know.”

“You know? I mean you… but why didn’t u say anything?”

Doojoon chuckled as he tucked her hair behind her ear.  “Because I knew you would tell me if there was something there. I trust you that much.” He pulled her close and gave her a kiss. “It’s getting late. You better head in.”

Just as she was about to leave, Krystal tightened their linked hands and hugged him.

“Thank you, oppa,” murmured Krystal into Doojoon’s shirt, “for understanding me always.”

 “You’re mine, Jung Soojung. Don’t ever forget that. Now go. Your mum will have my head if you’re not in the next 5 minutes.” He kissed her forehead before letting go. He made sure she was in her house before he left. His phone buzzed.

From Soojungie<3

I love you, Yoon Doojoon. Chu~ xoxo

***

Happy New Year! I hope 2012 brings all of you happiness and success. Love :) ♥