Chapter 3

Destiny

Krystal could see the hand waving in the far distance. She crouched down and got herself into position. Hearing the crack of the pistol, she sprinted.

 “14.65 seconds. Your personal best yet so far.”

Krystal smiled as she caught her breath. “Thanks coach. Are we done for today?”

 “Do 2 more laps around the field and then finish off with some stretching. I’ll see you tomorrow at 4.”

 “Krystal!” She turned towards the shout of her name and saw Doojoon jogging over to her.

 “2 laps around and we’ll sprint towards the end. Loser buys an ice cream sundae. Deal?”

 “Deal.”

The two went off and Krystal came in first by a close margin. “Looks like I’m gonna be having a delicious dessert.”

 “I totally lost to you on purpose OK. That’s how much of a gentleman I am.”

 “Sure. Here come over and help me stretch. Ow oww OWWW OPPA! That’s not how you do it!”

 ***

Coming out from the changing room, Doojoon spotted her sitting by the benches. He quietly crept up behind her. “Boo!”

 “Ahhh! Oh my God, Yoon Doojoon! How long does it take a guy to shower huh?”

 “Long enough. We men like to pamper ourselves too,” Doojoon answered as he wiggled his eyebrows. “Now shall we go get that sundae?”

They reached the ice cream shop, ordered and then made their way to sit down. Without any exchange of words, the both of them dug their spoons into the ice cream.

 “You know what next week is right?” asked Doojoon as he fed the ice cream to Krystal.

 “Next week? What’s next week?” Krystal questioned mischievously, as she saw Doojoon’s spoon freeze in mid-air. “Ahh… it’s your football final.”

 “Ding dong! So I was thinking that maybe you could like turn up in a cheerleader’s outfit and start cheering my name. That way peop-“

 “Oppa, I run. I don’t prance around doing cheers.”

 “Fine. But at least wear a cheerleader outfit with my name on it so peop-“

 “I have my own name. Why would I wear something with your name on it?”

 “Jung Soojung I don’t know if you’re aware of this but you are kinda hot. So people, and by people I mean GUYS, will want to hit on you. This for you would be a compliment but a complete annoyance to me.”

 “You find me hot? Well then I should flaunt it,” Krystal giggled as she saw Doojoon’s nostrils flare. “Jealous are we? If it makes you happy, I’ll wear your football jersey and won’t wear any makeup whatsoever so that no guys can hit on me.”

 “Makeup or no makeup you'd still look pretty,” sulked Doojoon.

 Krystal smiled to herself. They’d been together for just over a year. She’d met him through her older sister. Doojoon and Jessica were friends through Kim Hyun Joong. It was by chance that Jessica dragged her sister to one of the matches to cheer on Hyun Joong. She noticed Doojoon had eyed her for some time but she just glared at him. That same night Hyun Joong invited Doojoon to join them for dinner and that was the beginning. For weeks they just exchanged glares, without uttering a word. Funny how she remembered the exact date she first met him. It was 2 months later when the war of glares ended.

***

 “What do you think of Doojoon?” her sister asked, out of the blue one day whilst setting for dinner.

 “Ugh, that idiot?” Krystal gruntled as she played with the ends of her hair. “How is he even friends with Hyun Joong oppa. Why are you asking anyway?”

Jessica continued setting the table. Krystal eyed her sister curiously. It wasn’t normal for her sister to randomly bring up a topic about boys unless there was a reason behind it.

 “No I just think he’s a nice guy. He would treat you good.” The younger Jung stared at her sister and pinched her arm. “OW! Krystal! What was that for?”

 “Is this for real? Jess actually thinks there’s a decent guy out there.”

Jessica laughed lightly. “I know I’ve put men on the blacklist but you on the other hand haven’t. I’m just looking out for you.” Krystal was touched. Her sister had gone through a lot the past year and she herself had sworn that if Jessica went through it again, she would deal with guys in ways never before.

 2 days later it was her birthday. In the morning, she had celebrated it with her family followed by lunch with friends. As her friends dropped her off at her house gate, she saw a figure dribbling a football. She walked over and was surprised to see it was none other than Doojoon.

 “Doojoon-ssi? What. Are. You doing in front of my house?”

 Without a word he pulled out a small box from his trackies and handed it to Krystal. “Happy birthday, Jung Soojung.” Bewildered, Krystal stood there looking back and forth from the present to the person stood in front of her. She took the gift and he started walking away.

 “I expect to see it on the next time I see you,” he called back. Krystal opened the package and there she found a football charm. She raised her wrist and looked at the charm bracelet she wore.

 Krystal looked at the box on her bedside table. Getting up she opened it up and took the charm out . After staring at it for some time she attached it on to her bracelet and then headed off to sleep.

 3 days later was when she next met him. Hyun Joong had called on the Jungs for support and normally she would’ve complained and made a fuss. But she was looking forward to today. The game ended and she and Jessica made their way over to congratulate the team as they  headed to the changing room. She walked a little slower as she looked around for him. He was nowhere to be found.

 “You put it on.” Krystal turned and saw him leaning against the fence. Determined to not give in completely, Krystal stuck her chin out and mumbled, “Thanks.”

 “Since you’ve accepted my present, I can take you out for ice cream right?”

 “Erm… I’m not sure. You’re gonna have to ask Hyun Joong oppa. Or worse, my sister.” Hah, try and win over my sister loser.

 “I have. They said it was fine. I’ll go shower first. Wait for me at the reception.”

***

 “You know this was the first place we came to for our first date,” reminisced Krystal. The couple looked at each other and smiled. “I remember how obnoxious you were.”

 “Hey you were the one shooting daggers at me.”

 “That’s cause you were eyeing me up and down!”

 “I was checking you out, you should’ve been flattered!”

 Krystal reached over the table and linked their fingers together, glancing at the bracelet on her wrist. “Your flirting skills were a fail. But I guess that was what attracted me to-“

 “Oh hyung! What a surprise to see you here.”

Doojoon and Krystal turned to the person who interrupted their conversation.

No, it can’t be. It simply can’t be. It cannot be Min-

“Oh hey! Krystal, meet the newest addition to our team, Choi Minho.”

***

 

A/N: Thank you to the new subbers! Won't be able to update till next week probably since I'm gonna be busy. Hope you guys enjoyed it so far! Love :) xoxo