Cobra Vs Murayama

High & Low ~ The story of S.W.O.R.D.~

~ Welcome to the Demon Evil High ~

Oya High, was a place were the national den for Yankees -who claimed a good academic background- gathered. With Oya High's academic background, the neighborhood's scouts were endless. In order to be scouted for a better place, they continue to repeat a year. Being held back for five years was a justifiable thing. Their average age was 23. The most heinous high school where leaders nationwide gathered. In Oya High, there was a serious 'commitment' beyond anything else. That is: "If someone was able to withstand one hundred punches, they would become the leader of Oya High." However, there hasn't been a single person who was able to achieve this. There was one guy who appeared alone with the intention of taking the sign. There, a legend was born. If he was successful, it would settle everything. The first guy who was able to withstand one hundred punches, Murayama Yoshiki. After that, because Murayama was able to become the leader of Oya High, the gang was able to be lead and the "O" was created. The head, Murayama is the first who put Oya High in place.

Among the Oya High Yankees, was also a newly member, Chiharu. Not knowing well the rules, he got mixed in a fight game with the older member of Oya High. Since then, he has been a Target. One day that Chiharu was attacked close by the Sannoh district, Yamato helped him. But, he run away soon after, as he found out that they were from Oya High. (It wasn't because Yamato was scared, but any fight between Oya High and the Sannoh could bring more problems). Since that day Chiharu made up his mind to leave Oya High, and become a Sannoh Rengokai member. With out thinking it a lot he started looking for Yamato around the Sannoh parts. And a week later he found Yamato working at "Asahina Garage".


~ Act Two: Cobra Vs Murayama ~


It was a town of red brick and metal, or of brick that would have been red if the smoke and ashes had allowed it; but as matters stood, it was a town of unnatural red and black like the painted face of a savage. It was a town of machinery and tall electric towers. That's how Kasumi saw the Sannoh district. She had reached the end of the district. The night was already upon her, with a light breeze blowing against her. She wrapped her arms around, gathering her white coat closer to her. Kasumi kept walking in an empty street. When she stopped behind a venting machine and looked around. There was only a huge big building behind her, like a factory. In front of her was a vending machine, with some trash containers. She walked around the vending machine and grabbed a drink. "It's already so late." she whispered to herself and open the can.

She would tear her attention away from her drink momentarily to listen to the echoing sounds of footsteps in the distance. Soon she noticed that the footsteps were not only from one person, others followed. A group of people surrounded one. One of the group walked closer to him and tapped his shoulder "Chiharu! Finally found ya" he said at him. Chiharu stepped back until his back touched against the vending machine. The man grabbed him from his jacket. It seemed that the group was from Oya High.

Though, they were interrupted as a man dressed all in leather and black, cut through them. He was on the phone talking, when he reached the vending machine he put a coin in trying to choose what he would drink. The man kept talking at the phone "Right now I'm at Sannoh's end." as the group of people yelled at him.

One of the six group men, with short blond hair yelled "Oi!" He hit the man in black on his shoulder trying to turn him around. The man simply turned and attacked him by crashing him against the trash that was next to the vending machine. Next he went on talking on the phone. The rest of the group attacked him right away. He kicked the first one and the member of Oya High crashed against the ground. He punched the other one, right in his stomach and kicked him few more times before he threw him against the trash too.

"Wait a moment!" the man in black said as he gave a rougher punch against another member that faced the ground. The man had to end the phone call since they were few more people left. Suddenly one of the guys realized "This guy is the Amamiya Brothers' Hiroto!" and they ran off scared. Hiroto gazed at Chiharu and Kasumi that were close by. He turned around got his drink and left. Chiharu, felt lucky that night since he was saved. The name didn't remind him of anyone. He looked at the girl that was standing close by and seconds after he left too.

Kasumi watched everything while standing there. The violence didn't really scare her. But, she didn't really want to get involved in any fighting, she was trying to keep away from these kind of things. What got her attention was, was what the other guy said "Amamiya Brothers' Hiroto?". She was sure she had heard the name before around the Iemura Group.

The rumors seemed to be true. He was 5'8, black hair and eyes. Hiroto seemed like a dark persona, with amazing fighting skills. 'No wonder two people took down the Mugen Gang' Kasumi thought. She had also heard if he was angry no one could stop him from attacking even not Masaki. Seemed his way of fighting were stronger than she had ever seen. 'The legend appeared like that' she thought and walked away.


Outside of the Hino Gas station, in a bench was sitting Cobra. Still lost in his thoughts about the earlier events. Tettsu, Dan and two more members of Sannoh Rengokai showed up to let him know what had occurred that evening. Since he was in Itokan Diner and no one told him that the Oya High and his gang met.

"The guys from Oya High are completely willing to fight us." Tettsu informed him as he was standing few steps away from where Cobra was sitting.

Cobra, that looked over taken by anger stood up and kicked a metallic box in front of him. He didn't say anything. But they could tell, how enraged he was at that moment. Tettsu went on explain to him "The head, Murayama is the first who put Oya High in place." What was worrying Cobra at the moment was not the fight. Why would he be scared to fight? He just didn't want to break the balance of S.W.O.R.D. As well as he didn't want to see anything like what happened to Noboru to happen again, on his watch.


Mean while, at the White Rascals Club rumors started spreading. The first rumor made the Leader of the White Rascal notice for the first time that things were some how changing. A member of his gang told him "It seems as if the "S" and "O" in SWORD are fighting." But the worse news were that someone started selling drugs around the White Rascal district. They didn't know his origin, but there was no way that Rocky would allow drugs to be sold on his land. The word was out for everyone to find the ones that started it.

Rocky, was the leader of the White Rascals. Always wearing sun-glass so he could hide his emotions behind it. Although every one of the White Rascal members were protective when it came to woman. Rocky was the one that over did it. Because of the past as his mother and sister committed suicide due to domestic violence by his father. Leaving a big scar in his soul around his childhood. He swore to protect any woman if needed. Dressed always in white, like all the White Rascals members. He has a handcuff around his wrist that he uses in his fights for time to time.


The next morning was already there. The Shannoh district seemed to be off, due to the news that had spread. Members of the Sannoh Rengokai were walking around and others were playing. No one really was sure what would happen. At Yamato's garage the onigiri was placed into the table by his mother. He was as always repairing a bike. Light footsteps out of the blue could be heard, someone had just walked in. Yamato stopped and gazed towards the entrance seeing Naomi. She was standing there holding two cans of coffee. Naomi was there to talk to him.

Naomi was known as the voice of logic. She would always talk with everyone, trying to remind them what should be done. Since Yamato and Cobra had that argument, she wanted to talk to Yamato about it. Naomi cared about everyone, but mostly about Yamato. Their bond was deeper and stronger. She walked over and gently threw him the can. After having few sips, Yamato sighed "What I think is okay... makes Cobra angry in the end. I wonder why it's always like this."

"Why are you worrying about it so much?" she quizzed leaning against the counter behind them. Naomi stood silently for a second there. "Cobra thinks more of the Hoodlum Squad than anyone else."she disclosed. She gazed at Yamato deeply and told him to believe at himself and move forward.

The moment turned hot as both of them were staring at each other. Their chemistry filled the room as Naomi leaned a bit closer to Yamato and Yamato closer to her, like they were about to kiss. "Baka! (Idiot)" she said with a smile. "Hey! Busu! (Ugly)" he responded. She added "I will kill you." Both smiled and looked at each other.

Then, Yamato stood up and walked few steps forward. His looked turned serious. "It's about Chiharu... that i more worried.!" Yamato pointed out. Suddenly, Chiharu appeared. He heard Yamato talking about him. He hid and listened. "He has nowhere to go now. But he has to settle things by himself sometime." Yamato explained.

Yamato mumbled "Then.. Just like that.. time.." His mind spaced off remembering Noburo. "I don't want to regret it!" he said clearly at Naomi "I want to help him."

Chiharu heard everything. He gathered his fists and took a deep breath. Then he turned around and left. He decided to settle things with Oya High on his own terms.

"You're thinking of Chiharu's situation in the same way as Noboru's, right?" Naomi figured.

Yamato didn't say anything. He, as well as Cobra, grasped the memory of Noboru. If they did things differently, maybe things wouldn't end up that badly. They would end up helping him. Cobra was at the Gas-station recalling Noboru's situation. Thinking about Yamato and Chiharu. Where they even allowed to do the same mistakes again.


Kasumi was once again walking in a familiar neighborhood. The skies were filled with darker clouds like it was ready to rain. Her mind was puzzled since yesterday. Amamiya Hiroto, the youngest of the Amamiya Brothers. She heard rumors about them. Yet, both of the brothers were not seen for a long time. Inside the Iemura also more shadow deeds were done. Of course she never interfered with their low business. Living in the same house, she heard things she wished she did not know. Things were changing. And Kasumi in her short time there had found out too many details, and felt like she was dragged into it deeper.

Suddenly her thoughts were cut short, as a guy with long hair by-passed her. "Hey!" he yelled to another guy that was walking close by. Kasumi gazed at the guy, she blinked as she recognized the boy who Hiroto had saved last night. "You're still here?" the other guy asked him as he walked closer. "It's all your fault that the Hoodlum Squad is like this." he went on yelling at him "What are you going to do about it?"

Another gentle breeze blew her long black hair above her shoulder. Kasumi was still standing there listen at Tettsu and Chiharu. She could tell after hearing Tettsu that they were members of the Hoodlum Squad. She did not understand what was really going on. Yet, she had figured out that it had to do with Chiharu. Since both parties were against him. She recalled that last night, the one called Chiharu was also attacked by Oya High. "Makes sense now!" she whispered to herself and turned her focus to both of the boys, that never noticed her standing few steps away from them.

Tettsu pushed Chiharu crying out " Hey, are you listening?"

"I'll take care of the things that I've caused. I'll settle things at Oya High." Chiharu explained and walked away.

Tettsu opened his eyes widely. He understood what his words meant. Chiharu e last time and bowed at Tettsu telling him he was sorry and took the way to Oya High. Tettsu didn't wait, he ran off to inform the others. Things were going to get real now.

"Are you crazy, are you going to deal with Oya High alone" she yelled at Chiharu as she followed him. Chiharu got off guard seeing a normal girl, almost from another world next to him. He remembered seeing her last night at the end of the Sannoh district.

"Do you even know me? Let me be!" he said and fasten his pace.

Though, she kept following him. "Last night when one of Amamiya brothers saved you. I was there." she uttered. Kasumi tried her best to trail Chiharu, but with the black high heels she was wearing it was difficult.

Chiharu remained silent, until they reached Oya High. There he stopped and turned looking at her. "It's not safe at the moment for a girl like you ... It's not safe for any girl to be here!" he said serious at her and walked in.

Kasumi ignored him. It was clear that 'this boy' called Chiharu was going to deal alone with Oya High. By all means, a girl should never be part in such a fight. Yet, Kasumi was just any girl. She would never listen. If she thought that someone was in trouble or in danger, she would try to help. Maybe there was not much she could do. Obviously, letting Chiharu alone to face a gang was not fair.

"Why are you still following me?" Chiharu asked before taking another step.

"I could not let you go on your own! It is dangerous! Plus you cannot change my mind." she said seriously.

Chiharu gazed at her from top to button. A petite girl, with a short dress, and high heels. They surely wouldn't hurt her. She was too pretty and elegant, who would ever dare to touch her. They had issues with him. "Anyway do as you want!" he murmured and entered. Since he was still in Oya high uniform, the members in the lower floors didn't touch him. Although everyone was shocked gazing at the girl who was following him inside. It was rare to see any woman to step inside Oya High's grounds. Maybe it was the first time.

Meanwhile Tettsu reached Yamato's place. Naomi was still there leaning against his bike. She was wearing a short tight black dress and leather jacket. An outfit that seemed to fit her. Tettsu dashed in and informed Yamato "Chiharu went to go settle things at Oya High." His words made both Naomi and Yamato jump worried. Yamato ran outside and headed towards the Oya High. Naomi asked Tettsu if he had informed Cobra. But Tettsu didn't.

Naomi rushed at the Hino Gas-station to tell Cobra what had happened. He jumped up worried. He gathered most of the members of Sannoh Rengokai. They soon reached Oya high. Cobra knew, the moment he would step foot at the Oya High the balance would collapse. These was a battle he could not avoid.

At the last floor of Oya high Furuya and few more members had gathered around Chiharu. Kasumi was ignored as she was almost pushed at the huge room to the right. But she could hear Chiharu yelling at Furuya that his ways were wrong and that his fight was with him and not Hoodlum Squad. Kasumi smiled she knew she would never misjudge someone. That boy's actions were honest and fair. She was surprised that people gang related would have honor. Kasumi had heard her father many years talk about honor in the family. But his way never proved it. It was the first time she watched someone doing so.

Yamato rushed between the guys of Oya High. He pushed Chiharu with Furuya inside the room. "Your fight is with him." He pointed out. Yamato closed the door and guarded it not letting anyone of the Oya members to get inside the room. Yamato never noticed that Kasumi was in the room. Furuya started fighting with Chiharu but with few blows, he had sent Chiharu on the ground.

"How can they be so unfair" Kasumi yelled getting Furuya's and Chiharu's attention. She tried to grab Furuya from behind, to prevent him to hit Chiharu more. "He is already down" she yelled at him. But Furuya didn't pay any attention he just freed himself and pushed Kasumi away. The blow was strong and Kasumi ended crashing against the wall.

Chiharu was getting hit by Furuya again. Kasumi stood up, she was still in high heels. She was yelling at Furuya to let Chiharu go. While she tried to pushed him away. Yamato outside the room with the door close. He kept everyone out of the room, but without fighting them back. He wanted to help Chiharu, but didn't want to be the reason that the balance broke.


Meanwhile in the courtyard of Oya High arrived Cobra, Tettsu, Dan and some of the Hoodlum Squad members. Cobra was wearing his white shirt, red jacket and black pants. As always the red scarf was placed around his neck. He paused at the entrance and looked up the building. The walls were filled with graffiti, chairs and desks were laying around. From the first and second floor Oya High members were throwing things at them and yelling at them. "If we take these step, the balance of the S.W.O.R.D. may collapse." Cobra said. But recalling what hat happened to Noboru, what Yamato had told him... he took a step forward. "We don't want to regret it ever again" the Sannoh Gang thought.

All of them stormed inside, as they pushed away the desks and chairs. Reaching the entrance Oya High members were attacking from each side. Cobra the first kick. And the fight started. All of them stormed in, taken down everything like a hurricane. Cobra was right, that the Hoodlum Squad would have no problem to take the Oya High. High kicks, double punches, Oya High guys flying all over the place. As the Hoodlum Squad passed through nothing left standing. They blasted everything, until they reached the floor where Yamato and the others were.

Cobra noticed from afar, that Yamato was attacked and he wasn't fighting back. He grabbed at the pole, as a Oya High member tried to hit him with it and threw it away. Seki that was trying to hit Yamato at that time simply couldn't. He witnessed Yamato, being attack and he never answered back. He simple couldn't hit him.

Cobra with the others reached Yamato soon. They cleaned the way of the Oya High members easily. Although Yamato was very smitten. Cobra gazed at him with his deadly eyes. He kicked and crashed few of the guys that remain around Yamato. And grabbed Yamato against his chest before he would fall. Holding on him tight he yelled at him "Yamato!" Yamato with his head leaning against Cobra's shoulders and he answered him "So, you came." He took a deep breath and tried to stand up as he was still holding against Cobra." I didn't touch them." he added.

Yamato's next thought was about Chiharu. "Chiharu, what happened to him?" he asked worried as Dan and Tettsu came. They helped Yamato to stant as they asked him how he was feeling. Cobra's angry gaze remained as he turned around, towards the closed door. He pulled the door open. Behind him followed Dan that was holding Yamato. And behind them was Tettsu. As they stepped into the room the heard Furuya saying at Chiharu "It's over if you lose."

Chiharu that was laying at the floor replied him "I won't lose. I believe in myself." He stood up and slammed against Furuya. Furuya yelling at him "Why won't you quit?" and threw Chiharu against the ground. Cobra glared at Furuya really angry and was ready to attack. The rest of the Hoodlum Squad remain behind Cobra.

Kasumi suddenly walked few steps making herself noticeable. Dan, Tettsu and the rest were really confused. Seeing a girl there, was like seen an alien on earth. Cobra cast a glance at her for a few seconds. He could tell she was the girl from Itokan Diner. 'How could she end up here?' a fast thought passed his mind.

Kasumi looked at them all as they entered the classroom. She was sure they were members of the Hoodlum Squad. She knew most of them. Only Dan she saw for the first time. Though her attention turned at Cobra. 'Isn't that rude guy from Itokan Diner' she thought.

Suddenly all the attention was gathered around the guy that walked into the room from the front door. "Hey Furuya, why do you have that look on your face?" he asked. A crazy smile appeared at his face when he noticed Cobra and the others. Furuya stepped away from Chiharu.

The clapping noise of Murayama and him yelling "Cobra-chan, you're here." filled the room. "Is your face the proof of your victory?" Murayama asked Cobra serious.

"What do you want?" demented Cobra deadly serious.

Murayama happy told him "I've waited for you. "

Tettsu with Kasumi, ran and helped Chiharu up. They moved back with the others and lent him a shoulder since he was hurt. Although the guys gave a fast look at Kasumi. Having a girl there was still bizarre. Furuya and Seki remain on the other side of the room with their Leader and the rest of the Oya High.

"Come, let's fight one on one." the leader of the Oya High asked as he punched softly his cheeks gazing at Cobra. He froze for a short time as he thought he saw a girl picking up Chiharu with Tettsu.

"You come here!" Cobra shouted and the fight was about to begin.

Both of Oya High and Hoodlum Squad, watched at Murayama and Cobra. Kasumi tilted her head baffled. "Then that one.." he point at Murayama as she whispered "Should be the head of Oya High.. and that one.." she pointed at Cobra, but refused to believe it. Tettsu broke her whisper and explained as he point at Murayama "That one is the Leader of Oya High, Murayama Yoshiki. And the other one is our leader, Cobra. The leader of Hoodlum Squad." Kasumi nodded but she was really dazed. "That rude guy!? The leader of Hoodlum Squad." she mumbled with irony. Getting some of the attention as the whole room heard her. Though, everyone turned their focus as the two leaders as the fight was about to begin.


After Cobra yelled at Murayama "You come here!" with wide open glaring eyes. Murayama took two steps closer to Cobra. He raised his fists, striking a fake right blow, That never aimed to hit Cobra. The left punch, that followed though, aimed his head. Cobra took a stepped back and pulled up both his arms crossed over and blocked the hit. Cobra pushed with his left side Murayama back, as Murayama right punch tried to hit him again. Cobra next, swung his right fist and manage to hit Murayama in the face. Murayama in a synchronized punched, smashed his fist against Cobra's face.

The noise of the punches filled the room. All the members of both gangs were watching the fight. Kasumi dazzled while seeing the two leaders fight. Indeed she had never seen a fight from so close. A fight that she could name as fair. Cobra and Murayama went on like that for same time. Both were punching and blocking the hits. Until Cobra manage to block Murayama punch with his bare palm. Silence took over the room, for a second and the fight become more serious.

Cobra as he was still blocking Murayama punched cracked a smile at him. Murayama with a crazy look in his eyes smiled back. Tense raise between them, as things got serious. No one of them would hold back. The leader of Oya High stared laughing hysterically, as he got hit hard by Cobra's punch. A R&B rhythmic music started on the background, making the fight look much cooler. Few more punches followed by Cobra as Murayama managed to give a open hit against Cobra rips. 'Ouch! That must hurt!' Kasumi got herself thinking. But she was soon back watching the fight. Both of the leaders remain at the middle of the room punching each other multi times. Everyone was watching the fight.

Soon with the punches were added kicks. Murayama kicked anything he could find crashing Cobra against the desks behind him. Cobra dodging as many hits as he could. Giving back the same amount of kicks and punches crashing Murayama against the other side of the room, where more desks were. Until Cobra trapped the leader of Oya High against a metal frame. As Cobra was pushing against him with his head and shoulders. Murayama was trying to break free. He crashed his elbow few times against Cobra's back. Cobra's adrenaline, and the force of the hits, were like he couldn't control his limbs, with each fresh strike, he sensed each individual cell and blood vessel bruising or bursting, each nerve ending, making him feel every inch of pain.

Until both broke free. Murayama kicked him back against the desks as Cobra answered back. Blood was all over the place, as they kept fighting and smashing against any item they found. After a serious hit Cobra banged against a flipped desk. As Murayama stepped away laughing and jumping. Then, he run towards Cobra, releasing a kick against him. But Cobra avoided it, and kicked him back, causing him to shield himself with his arms. Next, Murayama twisted Cobra's arm almost ready to break it. The Hoodlum Squad's leader didn't think it twice. He jumped up and stepped to the nearest desk, and back flipped into the air. He freed his arm, and send Murayama flying against the other side of the room, and crashing both against the ground the same time.

Cobra stood up first and manage to catch Murayama's neck between his grip. He captured with both of his hands cobra arms trying to break free. But since it was difficult he stood up and lifted Cobra in the air slamming him against the paper boxes behind them. Then he flipped Cobra over his shoulder and cracked him against the wooden floor. He went on punching Cobra as long he was on the ground. He got hit many times, and dodged only few of the punches. But suddenly Cobra lifted his legs and wrapped them around Murayama's neck. He tighten his legs around him, as he pushed him up with his hands. Murayama was resisting, while Cobra but all his force against the lift. He manage to lift his body against the air, and twist his body in the air few times and with him flipping Murayama too. The flip sent Murayama landing against the boxes and wooden desk that broke. Both crashed hard against the ground roughly.

Murayama started laughing, as both stood up very badly beaten and tired. The room fall in silence, even the background music stopped. Cobra was bleeding badly from his mouth. His white shirt looked red, as it was filled with his blood. Murayama, threw the next punched that landed against Cobras face, and send him way back. Cobra repaid the punch while yelling loudly. Seemed like both had reached their limits. Cobra punched two more times, as Murayama felt against the ground. The Oya High Leader started wandering what was different between them both.

Both were breathing heavily. The deadly gazed remained at Cobra's face as he hit Murayama harder these time, still yelling "Aaa" He lost his balance thinking "What is the difference between you and me?" The Oya High Leader cried out, hitting himself against the ground and yelling "What is the difference?!" After the long cry both of them exchanged few more punches. Seki was gazing at his Leader and was crying. Most where really impressed with how long the fight took place and how violently it was. As Murayama was laying against the ground, trying to get up. The leader of the Sannoh Rengokai punched him against the face, smashing against the ground with him.

Both were breathless. Although it was clear who had won the fight. Murayama was still on the ground and Cobra with a lost balance was standing. His friends stepped bit closer, as Cobra gazed down at Murayama. Then for a second he gazed at Kasumi, and Kasumi back at him. She couldn't describe what she was seeing. Cobras muscles tensed, blood still dripping out of his mouth, him ready to collapsed. How could a human fight like that.

Cobra took a stepped away from Murayama, as the Oya High members yelled "Let's go!" wanting to attack the Sannoh Rengokai. But Murayama sat up yelling at them to stop. Cobra gazed back at him, as he spoke"If you touch him, I'll kill you." Cobra gazed at Murayama and cracked him a smile. Then he shook his head and signed Cobra to leave. Cobra by-passed Tettsu and Kasumi who were holding Chiharu and almost dropped against Yamato, but he caught him. Dan placed also his arm around his shoulder to help Cobra move.

Murayama, looked at Seki and told him that he was sorry. Seki was still gazing at his leader and crying. But before Murayama lost his senses he asked Seki curious "Did they bring a girl with them?" Seki, who was whipping his eyes responded "Yes there was a well dress girl with them." Murayama smiled and shook again his head as he couldn't get them.

Outside of Oya High, it had started to rain. Dan was still supporting Cobra to walk. "Those Oya High kids will become stronger!" Cobra said to Yamato. And Yamato agreed with him. Tettsu and Kasumi were holding Chiharu and the rest of the gang was following. Since everyone was still over taken by the fight, they almost forgot that Kasumi was dragged with them. The funny thing was that Kasumi did too. She simply followed them, like she was part of Hoodlum Squad.

((Next:: Act Three ))


Side Note:

Baka or 'Ahou': means Stupid. But you will notice that "Baka" is more used. And sometimes even while teasing someone.