Declarations

High & Low ~ The story of S.W.O.R.D.~

Author's Note:

!Important New Chapter. I have edited the story and back to continue it. I organized the chapters and deleted a few. Chapter 15 is newly added. And more will follow. The way I ended this fan-fiction was too rushed. Let me know your thoughts! It's great to be back!

Disclaimers: I don't own any of the characters, places, names, etc (only the OCs -e.g. Kasumi ). It all belongs to Sigeaki Kubo & LDH project


~ Act Fifteen: Declarations ~


At Itokan Diner everyone was back. Since the last call, they had to face another fight. Slowly things became serious little by little. They only wanted to protect their city and stand up for their friends. They had to face their foes, their friends and in the the end settle their own demons.

"Ugly, It hurts. Be more careful." Yamato complained as Naomi was trying to bandage his arm.

Naomi smiled lightly and replied "I'll kill you!"

The rest were also cleaning their cuts and bandaging. Cobra (as always) was sitting at the red sofa. Next to him sat Kasumi. Lately, she was treated as a Sannoh Rengokai member. Her act to pose as a boy had ended. It was also time to settle her own path. Cobra allowed her to stay in his room as long as she needed. With all the serious matters, he was not using at all.

"Who could be behind the attacks?" Chiharu asked.

"If it keeps going like that, it will get worse..." Sannoh Rengokai's Leader responded. Suddenly, he was cut off as he received a phone call. He ended the call and stood up. He looked surprised. "Yamato! Let's go!"

Yamato gazed at him knowing that something was off "Who was it?" he asked as he put his shirt on.

"Kohaku-san." Cobra answered.

Kasumi stood up ready to follow. Yet he signed Kasumi not to follow them. "Only, Yamato and I!" he said in a deep voice.

Yamato and Cobra went to meet with Kohaku. Kasumi left also. She had enough form Kuryu acts. It was time to confront her father. After all he was part of the Kuryu Group. "Tettsu me somewhere." she said.

Kasumi and Tettsu arrived at the Iemura Group few minutes later. It was time to settle things on her own. This craziness was going on for long. If they want an unleash an attack again SWORD. She would stand with them, as part of the Hoodlum Squad.

"Tettsu, wait for me here. It won't take long!" she said as she climbed of his bike.

Tettsu grabbed her armed "Kasumi-san, I cannot let you walk inside on your own!"

Kasumi ensured him that nothing would go wrong. After all she was still the boss's daughter. "Do not worry! My last name is still Iemura! No one will dare to hurt me! At least for now!"

The Iemura Group was already in a meeting. Kasumi didn't wait to be announced. She dashed inside, straight to face her father. "We need to talk!" she voiced up.

Her father was shocked. He never expected his daughter to show up. "Kasumi, why are you here? We are in the middle of things!" he uttered.

"I don't care!" she said "I am here to settle things! I cannot wait!"

"Kasumi!" her father cried out.

"As I said! We need to talk right now!" she announced.

"Let's hear you then!" Tatsumi waited to hear what his daughter wanted. Mostly because he never saw her take any actions. Long ago she wanted to flee from home. Yet, she was always staying until she had money to move out. Now, it was different. She had nothing, and still she was not returning home.

"My hoped have died, years ago that you would do anything reasonable. Even if I asked, as you daughter! I know it well, you would never! Kuryu comes first. Yet Otoza (Father) do tell me since when did you stop protect those who were wicker than you? For money and power?" she voiced up loudly glaring at her father.

"Are you here to ask me that Kasumi? Kiddo, you thought the Yakuza world was easy to handle. Until SWORD belongs to the Kuryu Group, we will not stop!" he responded harshly "You should return home. No place around SWORD will be save!"

"Ie! (No!) I am not returning home. I am here today to tell you this is the last time you see me. I am moving out! I never approved of the way you lived father. And I never will!" she blasted out.

"Kasumi if you step out, you will never have my support! You will be in danger as the foolish gang that you follow." her father declared.

"I knew that! I did not expect you to understand. They are not foolish! They just fight to protect, what you are trying to steal from them! I better get lost fighting in their side, than being part of the ill Yakuza! I am getting my things and I am out of here!" she lastly added.

"You'll doomed staying there." her father said.

Kasumi retreated. There was nothing more to say. She should have moved out that place long ago. She rushed upstairs in her old room. Her things were still packed form last time. She gathered everything in small boxes her books and clothes. She picked up the boxes and leaded everything outside. Tettsu was still waiting outside gazing at her. Next, he called a taxi and placed all the boxes inside.

"There is one more thing, I need to pick up!" she informed Tettsu. She told the taxi driver to get her belongings behind Hino Gas station.

Tettsu tilted his head "You have more things than this!" he questioned.

Kasumi ran on the back area holding a pair of keys on her hands. Moments later she showed up riding a black Harley-Davidson Street 750. She stopped next to Tettsu "Now we can go!" she informed him.

"Wait you can ride? You have a bike?" Tettsu was confused. He never really figured Kasumi riding a bike, and not even owning one.

"I do! Its a long story. I will give you the details later!" she ensured him as she the bike. Both drove off. Her next stop would be in Cobra's room. To unpack and organize her belongings. As for Tettsu, he had to inform everyone that he saw Kasumi riding a bike.

Meanwhile Cobra and Yamato met Kohaku at the old Mugen place. He was waiting there for them. It was long time those three met. Kohaku, as well as Tatsuya, were their senpai. People that both (Cobra & Yamato) admired and respected. They knew how hard Tatsuya death had hit Kohaku. But they never imagined how dark it would turn him.

"Long time not seen Kohaku-san!" Yamato said as he and Cobra walked closer.

"Kohaku-san?!" said Cobra. He was glad seeing Kohaku, yet something was bothering him.

"This is the first meeting since that day?" Kohaku responded glaring at them.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Hey Cobra, Follow the corresponding desire." Kohaku said with an angry face.

"Kohaku-san, what do you mean?" they asked confused.

"I want to dominate SWORD." Kohaku simply announced.

"Kohaku-san!" Yamato said as he could still not acknowledge what Kohaku told them.

"Don't tell me?" said Cobra as the reality he was facing was harsher than he thought "that you were behind those attacks."

"So what if i was!" he yelled and punched Yamato making him fall against the floor.

"Yamato!" called out Cobra worried. He caught his friend and stood up to face Kohaku. "Kohaku-san what is that!" he said with a deadly look now ready to attack. Yet, Yamato called his named and signed him not to.

Kohaku grabbed Cobra's hair as harsh as he could and pulled him towards him. "What did you expect." he said and punched Cobra making him crash against the ground. Then he left. Leaving behind a very confused Cobra and Yamato. They both ended back at Yamato's garage. There they found Tsukumo. He explained what had happened to Kohaku and how confused he was. He also gave Cobra the keys of Tatsuya's bike. Telling him he would know when to use it. Suddenly, Naomi arrived there. She found out that her brother's death wasn't an accident. But it was plotted by Kuryu Group. Harsh truth that made her sadder.

After Naomi and Tsukumo left, Noboru showed up. He helped Yamato and Cobra to place things together. Of course they could tell that Kohaku was working with someone else. That surely Kuryu Group had something to do with it. But they didn't know all the story. There were many secrets they did not know. The sure things was that Kohaku aimed to destroy SWORD.

Later in Itokan dinner Yamato showed up to comfort Naomi. "Ugly!" said Yamato at Naomi and hugged her. "I'll kill you!" she answered and hugged him back. They both spend time together speaking about her brother and comforting her.


"It's bad!" Hiroto said as he and Masaki showed up in the Rude Boys realm. They gazed all around. Everything was covered in ashes. The fire burned most buildings down. People were injured and scared. Masaki sighed "Let's go home. I can't look at this anymore." He turned around not really believing what he was seeing.

"What? We just got here." Hiroto argued. He really needed to find a clue about his older brother. And he wouldn't go anywhere until he would get his answers. Even if it wouldn't make any sense. The only hint they had for months was only that Takeru was spotted somewhere in Nameless city.

Though Masaki wasn't convinced "Our brother wouldn't be in a place like this. Let's search somewhere else."

Hiroto closed his eyes and felt his neck dropping his head behind. He faced the filled with smoke sky. Suddenly, next to him passed Smoky and the rest of the Rude Boys. They exchanged few serious gazes, as they by passed Hiroto. Hiroto nodded his head and bit his lips. He could tell what was about to happen. As well that maybe the leader of the Rude Boys may knew something about his brother. So, he followed them.

Few of the Doubt members were showing up holding empty beer casks at the Mighty Warriors District. They were gathering as many casks as they could leaving them all around a main area. It looked that they were already informed that they Rude Boys were on their way there. And so it was. They Rude Boys showed up balancing around the cargo containers, and taking few of the black dressed guys off. As they suddenly faced Tsukumo and Ryu, who were talking. Doubt men surrounded them, while they were hitting their poles against the containers getting all the attention.

Smoky gazed at them fired up. They had already done enough by burning the Nameless city. He, P and the rest took the first step ready to attack. One after another of the Rude boys who were at the top of the Cargo, were dropped down recklessly. As the fight started.

Tsukumo took a puff from his cigarette and asked Ryu "Is this what you wanted to show me?" Ryu found him inside a container where a bike was, and asked him to follow him. The keys of the bike was given by Naomi's brother to him (the night he died.)

"No, it's this." replied Ryu as he gave a signed with his right hand. The place started to get smashed with glasses, as beer bottles were thrown or kicked out of trash cans.

"Get Up! Climb higher!" few of the Rude boys yelled as the bottles were thrown at them cutting their skin and injuring them.

"If the neighborhood is trash, the people who live in it are trash as well." Ryu said calmly as he was watching "To think that they would get caught this easily." Tsukumo put off his cigarette, and left. He didn't find it amusing at all.

"Takeshi!" Smokey said loudly pointing at the metal water tower at him. Takeshi took the hint. He run towards Smokey who helped him climbing up the container.

Smokey avoid as many hits as he could and kept fighting with the black dressed men, who kept smashing beer bottles in every attack. Takeshi had finally reached the water tower, while Smokey was helping P. "Jump!" he yelled at Takeshi.

The metal tower broke down, causing some serious confusing around the doubt members. Smokey needed to get his men out of there. "Let's go!" he yelled. As he was holding on P (who got injured.) He let Takeshi help P "Take care of him!" he told him as he was making sure everyone could get away safely.

Smoky pulled his arm to cover his mouth. He started coughing. And pause. There was some blood and he was out of breath. The men had already found them. He swapped rougher hits blogging and fighting them from the east side. His luck ended when Ryu almost flew against Smoky, with an open blade attack. And things got worse. Smoky got smashed against a cargo container, as Ryu's blade aimed him. He ditched the hit. But the blade slammed against the metal of the container. Ryu pulled the blade towards Smokey, creating fire sparkles. He sidestepped that. Only to get kicked heavily by Ryu. The kick got him landing few steps away, in a much more opened area. Smokey was coughing blood crashed against the ground.

Suddenly, a far loud sound broke the men's yells. The furious Blat of a motorcycle; the full-throated growl got their attention. Much as the black motorcycle cut to the crowed, span and turned. Smoky then noticed the familiar male, who stopped his bike and gazed him through his black sunglasses. It was the last person he waited to see there. He lifted his right leg and got off the bike. Turning his head aside few times as he headed towards the men. Smokey stood up. He blinked few times not sure why an Amamiya was there.

But their confusion didn't last much longer. Hiroto ducked the first hit with the pole, punched the second man (who was attacking him) and pulled his sunglasses off. He reached Smoky, who was ganged up by many doubt guys. He pulled them off trying to free him. Hiroto and him glanced at each other for a nanosecond, before they went on fighting.

Smokey spit some blood, as he faced back to back Hiroto. "Oi!" he said gazing at him over his shoulder "What are you doing?"

"I came to ask you something." he said looking at Smoky.

Then both went on encountering the doubt gang. Hiroto and Smoky started making some damage, as both were answering back with a wilder force. Far away Ryu was still watching them. And soon Ice joined him "Move your . Let's go!" he said coldly, as he gazed at Hiroto and cracked a smile.

Ryu, appeared and attacked Smoky. Only this time, Ryu swan his blade hard and he land the blow behind his back, cutting and ripping deep down Smokey's skin. Smokey fall at the ground. The sound of knife slashing and the fall got Hiroto's attention. He gazed back only to find Smokey wounded on the ground.

Hiroto, didn't wait he blocked Ryu's next attack, by throwing an effective punch and not injuring himself. A next strike followed keeping Ryu as far as possible from Smokey. Unexpectedly, a bash against Hiroto's face, followed by one more. He lost his balance and almost fell.

"You're not as great as they say." Ice said half laughing at Hiroto, who was trying to gain his balance.

Hiroto with a deadly gaze stepped closer only to respond "You're quite interesting."

A jeep crashed threw the fence. Shin, Takeshi and P were inside. "Go get Smokey!" Shin said worried. While P and Takeshi jumped out of the Jeep to get him.

The black dressed men, wouldn't let them escape that easy. But their way was shut, as the rest of the Rude boys appeared on their bikes. They and the jeep fled the scene, after saving Smoky. Hiroto got on his bike and smiled at Ice "I'll remember your face." He turned the engine on. He gave a last look at Ice, and drove off. Ice smiled at him back. As he found it interesting to find someone like Hiroto. And if the time would come he sure would enjoy fighting with him.

Few moments later and Masaki was standing around the corner between around the main road that was connecting the Nameless city with the rest. His bike was just stolen, as he helped a girl escape. "Hiroto!" he yelled as he noticed his brother driving off. "The girl!" he added as the girl he helped passed next to him inside a car. And his stolen bike followed on top of a silver track. "Bike!?" he whooped.


Cobra had reached behind Hino gas station. In front of his room was parked a black Harley-Davidson Street 750. He was sure it was the first time he spotted the bike around Sannoh region. He leaped off his bike and stepped inside his room. He was astonished, as his room had changed. The empty room was over filled. The empty racks were filled with books. Law books: from beginners law books to complicated international law. There were also a few dressers. Did he even owned any dressers. The last thing he saw were the shoes. So many shoes. His next question, who did it? Was answered as Kasumi showed up.

He was wearing blue jeans. Lately she wore pants. Only those were tight jeans with female cut. A simple black female shirt. Her hair were still short. It was like a asymmetric curly bob hair cut. The difference was the color. It was dyed in her natural black color. She paused when she noted Cobra.

"Oi! What have you done to my room?" Cobra stated loudly still bewildered by the view of his room.

"You said I could use this room as long as I wanted!" Kasumi responded as she sat down.

"Don't do as your please baka!" Cobra said and took a seat next to her. "What happened?"

"I left home!" she told him as she rubbed her palm against her jeans nervously.

"You have already left home two times Kasumi!" he recalled ironic.

"No, I left officially! I got all my things. As you noticed. Even told my father!" she explained.

"Iemura.. Oi! You went there by yourself?" he questioned her serious and worried. Cobra turned facing her this time.

Kasumi smiled "Are you worried! I am fine!" and winked at him.

Cobra rocked his head in disbelieve "Oi! You.." he tried to speak but was cut off by her.

"You remember I am his daughter. No one would hurt me. At least until today. I am not more part of the Iemura. So who knows!" she said leaning back at her seat.

"Ah! You are his daughter. I never forgot it! Are you sure.. This is fine?" Cobra asked her honestly. He never mind having Kasumi around. After all lately she was part of his team. Yet, she was only temporary there. Now she had declared not being part of the Iemura. She left home and chose to live in Sannoh district. Cobra and the others grew up around this parts. They were part of the SWORD. Kasumi was different. Even if she could shortly fit in their world. But would she be able to survive in their brutal daily routine.

She nodded "Yes! Cobra I was planning to leave home for long time. But I never planned it right. But now things are serious. I needed to clear my point of view and tell my father. This is my decision. Not his, not yours, not anyone's. Mine! So, yes I am sure. And I am fine. As for your room! Gomen (sorry) I had to ask you first!" she admitted gazing at him with puppy eyes.

"Hm! Just do not use it freely baka. It is still my room!" he added with a fake glare on his eyes.

"Until, I find a place for me I will!" Kasumi simply told him. Of course, she would never use his rooms as hers. When things went better, she would look for another place. Yet, she loved Cobra's room. It was just perfect for her.

He knocked at the coffee table to get her attention "Oi! The bike outside?" he quizzed.

"Mine!" she simply said.

Cobra froze for a nanosecond. He surely heard his brain explode. The first time he met with Kasumi, she was that normal perfect girl that ended up hanging around Sannoh. Next he became the annoying short boy, who irritated him. These days, she was simply Kasumi. Yet, he never thought her as a delinquent. "Your bike? Like you can ride a bike?" he questioned.

"I do! You see when I was younger, there was a time I acted .. em like a yankee! Getting in trouble, fighting, next was to ride a bike. And when I was ready to form a gang, it was around High School. I noticed I was just becoming like my father. And he was becoming something worse than he used to be. It was then when I settled things with myself. I simply found a dream, to study law. And make sure people like him, will be in jail." Kasumi explained.

"Oi! Every once in a while there is something new about you!" Cobra noted and shook his head. How many surprises would that short annoying girl have for him.

Kasumi laughed and tried to change their discussion. "What happened with Kohaku?" she asked him.

Cobra simply spaced out and answered "I am not sure any longer. He is planning to destroy SWORD. We cannot let him!"

"I know! When?" Kasumi normally asked.

"I will up with Yamato!" he responded.

"The rest!? You did not tell them?" Kasumi said annoyed "You want to help your friends. Yet, you don't ask them to help you back."

"Kasumi, this fight is different. It is dangerous. I could not simply ask that!" he filled her in.

"Okay! Yet, I am following! Count me in!" she said loudly.

"It's not your Job! I'd never allow it!" the leader of Hoodlum Squad spoke.

"I did not ask you! I just told you!" she said loudly.

"I did not tell the rest of the guys, who can handle themselves around fights. Do you believe I would ever let you join us!" Cobra cried out serious.

"First you never seen me fight! Secondly, You can complain as long as you want! But I am coming! End of story!" she shouted back to him.

They both fought long minutes, in the end Kasumi won. Cobra never agreed. Yet, she simply ignored him and would follow them even if Cobra wanted or not.


Back at the Nameless city Hiroto followed the Rude Boys. A doctor showed up. He had to stitch him up all the way Smoky's wound. It made it more painful. Lala showed up really worried. "What happened to brother?" she asked loudly.

Hiroto rushed and pulled her back "Don't worry"

Hiroto explained her what happened. Lala followed Hiroto to thank him. Hiroto wanting to help gave her some money. Lala took it, but she didn't manage to say thank you. As a black van showed up. It drove fast and cycled grabbing her in front of Hiroto's grip by doubt. The youngest of the Amamiya brothers was troubled. She was standing few steps away from him, and still they caught her.

Moments later he requested from Smokey "I have something to ask you?"

Smoky's large wound was stitched up from a doctor (if doctor you would call him). Though the injury was big and the pain not easy to handle. He glanced at Hiroto. He grabbed a seat next to Smoky and pulled his phone out, wanting to show him Takeru's photo.

"By chance... To you know this guy?" Hiroto asked him "He's my older brother."

Smoky opened his eyes widely as he had seen the man before. Although, he wasn't sure if his brother would be happy to find out, what Takeru was up lately.

"Do you know anything?" Hiroto asked as he lean his body closer towards his lap gazing at Smoky and waiting for an answer.

Smokey tried to sit up. Takeshi helped him to sit, as he faced Hiroto "I have a favor to ask. About Lala... Please save my sister." Hiroto pause a moment and looked away thinking it over. "She's my only sibling." Smoky said, as Hiroto gave him a last glance.

He didn't need to ask anything more. It was clear that Smoky knew something about his older brother. He had to rescue Lala. But first he needed to come in contact with Masaki. True be told, he had to help the girl. He felt guilty as she was taken away in front of him. Hiroto could not simply forgive himself.

Later under the Rainbow bridge he turned his bike engine off and waited for Masaki. A piercing silence, only the wind (that blew against him) was noticeable and a light fogy mist appeared through his Motorcycle's lights. The hollow moment was cut off by Masaki's bike roaring sound.

"Where did you go?" he asked him pausing his bike next to him.

"Nah, Masaki!" he said with an empty look in his eyes.

His brother turned his bike off and started complain "Do you know how much trouble I went through today?"

Though, Hiroto was in a hurry to explain him more serious issues "Things have become messy."

Masaki went on grumble about Hiroto not paying attention to him "Could you listen to your older brother for once?"

"Smokey's younger sister has been kidnapped." he reviled.

"Eh?" said Masaki with a more serious tone this time.

"If we help him, we might be able to find out something about our brother." Hiroto added as he gazed at his brother.

Masaki nodded. They their bikes and would take part on that huge battle and find Lala.


At the other end Cobra finally met with Yamato at dawn. Both of them were about to leap on their bikes and leave. But the sounds of motorbikes caught their attention. They turned around, only to see Dan, Tettsu and Chiharu on their bikes. All three of them seemed annoyed as they were not included to Cobra's and Yamato's plans.

Dan asked them as all of three of them turned their bike engines off and dismounted "Were are you going?"

"It's none of your business." Cobra answered.

"Let's leave it as it is!" Yamato added as he and Cobra turned to leave.

"Stop messing with us!" yelled out Dan upset.

Tettsu was had the same anger in him "If you need our help, just ask for it! Aren't we friends after all?"

"We would never abandon our friends!" Chiharu said. After Cobra was the one who taught them what it means to treasure your friends and never abandon them.

"When you're in danger..." voiced up Dan "we're the only ones that you can relay on." Cobra and Yamato sighed as Chiharu asked them if they had already forgotten that. "These are all things Cobra-san and Yamato-san have told and taught us."

Yamato first turned around and gazed at them. Then Cobra. Both had serious looks on their faces. "Dan." said Cobra with a monotonic voice "We never said them to you though."

"Eh?" said Dan confused "Really" and the rest cracked a smile "What the heck?"

Even Cobra cracked a half smile. But the cheery mood lasted only for a second. Then Cobra uttered "People have died at the Nameless City." Then with a deadly gaze he added "For this battle, we have to put our lives in line."

Dan nodded "We are all ready for that!" and the rest agreed.

Cobra ended the talk "Gather everyone!"

Next stage of this battle would unite all SWORD gangs in a battle bigger than they thought.

((Next:: Act Sixteen))


Side Note:

More than anything, thank you for taking the time to read this!