The Red Rum Factory

High & Low ~ The story of S.W.O.R.D.~

Next morning at the Iemura Group held a meeting. Oya High and the White Rascals weren't agreeing to cooperate with them. They already knew that the Iemura Group was bad news, they didn't want to have anything to do with them. There was a rumor that they negotiate with the Hoodlum Squad and Daruma Ikka. It was said to leave the Daruma out of the deal but Noboru wanted to go and speak with them. Kasumi's father though told him "They support family, but if family betrays them, they are good as dead."

Kasumi that was close by heard everything. She was sure now that they were after S.W.O.R.D. region. But there was nothing odd there, that's how the Iemura were these days. Though she had a strange feeling, that things would become worse. The meeting was almost over with Noboru telling them that he would go and speak to the Daruma Ikka.

"Are you leaving again, Kasumi-san." Kirinji said at her as he was the first to got out of the meeting room. "Lately you are trying to avoid us!" he made fun of her.

Kasumi was wearing her black coat, turned and gazed at him. "I am trying Kirinji-san. Me leaving these place is in my plans. Though you have to stop messing with them." She replied.

"We were only following orders. How can the daughter of the Iemura Leader work on those stores. And leaving home is out of the question." Kirinji commanded.

Noboru, was near by and had already listen most of the conversation. He was heading out.

"You are not my father to tell me what to do! Just keep out of my way!" she aggressively told him as she noticed Noboru. She grabbed her black high heels and walked out pissed.

"The daughter of Iemura trying to keep away of the Group." Kirinji said.

At the entrance, Kasumi was trying to wear her heels, when Noboru past through. He stopped there waiting for the other to bring the cars. "Why are trying to keep away from the Iemura Group?" he asked her.

Kasumi stood up and fixed her coat. Then she took few steps closer to Noboru. "Just because my father is the Leader doesn't mean I agree with his doings!" Kasumi said while gazing at him serious.

"I don't see anything wrong with what they're doing?" Noboru said "They just want to control everything. Since they have the power and money, that's how it works."

Kasumi shook her head "Wrong.! That way of thinking! I don't know what made you agree with them. Before its too late, you should rethink it." she advised him. Kasumi knew what he was through, after all Cobra had told her. She didn't say anything else and walked away. Noboru kept his gazed on her. Her way of thinking sounded familiar.

The same day Noboru met with the Daruma Ikka. He didn't have any issue to walk alone through their gang. He told Ukyo that they should work with the Iemura group. The Daruma, were not a gang you could easy mess with. The leader Hyuga was about to come out of jail. And he had no plans to start any cooperation with anyone. He simple wanted revenge.


At the Hino Gas Station the next day, Cobra was sitting outside at the bench. He was holding the card Noboru gave him. He wasn't sure to call him or not. He was still thinking about it. Suddenly his thoughts were broken, as a female had grabbed the card from his hands. He glanced noticing Kasumi. She sat next to him and read the Card.

"What?!" he shouted at her, dazing off for few seconds against her big purple-blue eyes.

"Nothing!" Kasumi answered as she sat cozier at the bench. She leaned her back and crossed her legs. While having that bad feeling she wanted only to make sure everything was alright around the Sannoh district.

Kasumi turned and gazed a Copra that looked off somehow. She handed him the card back. "You should call him." she said.

Cobra took the card and stood up. "Stop coming around those parts." he simply told her and walked inside the Gas station. He looked at the card few more minutes. Then thinking of what Kasumi told him, he sat up and grabbed his phone. He called Noboru telling him that he would wait at him in their meeting place.

Kasumi had already left she went to the Itokan Diner where Naomi was. She had no plans to return home. And Itokan Diner felt a better place to be.


Yamato after talking with his mother made up his mind. He would go and talk with the Rude Boys. He run off and after long distance he manage to reach the nameless road. But as he stepped inside the Rude Boys district they started to run after him. Yamato and Smoky with the others come face to face.

"Yo, Yamato!" Smokey greeted him.

"It's been a while." Yamato said as he was trying to catch his breath.

"Are you moving to the Nameless Road?" he asked Yamato.

"I'm looking for someone. It's a guy named Chiharu." Yamato asked.

"We don't know him." P said clearly.

"I've heard that he's working in this town." Yamato explained. He was hoping that he would find Chiharu there. And also if they knew about Chiharu maybe they had something to do with the drugs.

Smokey explained him that Everyone who lived there was part of a family. And if anyone would sneak in, he would be the first one to know it.

It was then when Yamato revealed what he knew "Even if it involves Red Rum?" he asked Smokey.

"Red Rum?" Takeshi asked confused.

"It's a drug you guys are making here." Yamato went on saying.

"No matter what happens, we don't go near drugs." Smokey clarified.

"The Hoodlum Squad seems like they want to keep fighting, considering they recently took down Oya High." he said. "Without a valid reason, you're telling us that we're next." Shion tried to hide that he was part of the Iemura's game and the drug factory.

"There's no way I'd do that." Yamato said. "Alright then bring your sister!" he asked Smokey.

"Lala?" Smokey quizzed confused. He had the feeling that she was up with something lately.

"Just hurry up and bring her." Yamato told him.

But Smokey didn't like to have others touch his family for what ever reason. "If you touch my family, I won't forgive you." he told Yamato.

The wind changed around the nameless city, as a louder music started at the back ground. It was clear the Rude boy were getting ready to attack. Suddenly Tettsu and Dan appeared also. And the fight started.

The Rude Boys jumped all over the place. Their hits were accurate, and with their amazing jumping skill they made the fight worth watching. But Yamato, Dan and Tettsu weren't bad either. The first punch glanced Yamato chin. He noticed too late that it was a feint, though, when the second punch doubled him over and expelled the last bit of choked air. At the same time P and the other attacked Tettsu and Dan. Getting smashed all over the place. Kicks and punches got the attention of everyone in the nameless city.

Smokey next hit Yamato. Yamato blocked the hits, but not all of them. Smoky was fast and good. He was one of the best. He manage to grab Yamato between his legs and smashed him on the ground. Though he stop all of a sudden, and free him. He started coughing. Yamato who was trying to get his breath, was puzzled. He called Dan and Tettsu and they run away. Smoky told them to go after them, as he noticed blood in his hands.

Yamato, Tettsu and Dan started running from the Rude boys. Although it was hard to do so. Since they were really fast. They only manage to find a corner to hide. They hid there until the Rude boys weren't close anymore.

Dan noticed the factory was close by. Yamato told him to bring him there. At first Dan didn't agree, but since Yamato wouldn't let the matter drop, he agreed. Few minutes later they reached the factory. Yamato come first face to face with Chiharu. Chiharu explained what had happened. That his father was in a debt. That Noboru helped him. And that he brought him to make drugs. Yamato was angry not only because of Chiharu, but Noboru also. He rushed into the factory and started breaking everything. Dan, Tettsu, even Chiharu, followed him. The people working there ran off. Shion, who was there yelled at them. But they didn't listen. They wanted to take everything down. They only stopped when everything was smashed against the ground.


Meanwhile at the club Heaven word was out. The new drag was already all over the place. They White Rascal found out where the factory was. They thought that behind it were the Rude boys. They decided to make an appearance there. They let things be for long time, they wouldn't stand still no more. Even if the balance broke, they would go and meet with the Rude boys. Rocky and the other headed over there.

The same time, Noboru was waiting at the metal bridge, were he, Yamato and Cobra were meeting each other. A bit later Cobra appeared. He leaned against the metal fence next to Noboru.

"It's nostalgic, isn't it? You don't remember? For the first time, you saw the view- What a dirty town." Cobra said. It was long ago since they had a talk, like the old days.

Yet, Noboru didn't want to have that kind of talk. "Did you ask me to come here to tell me that? Now tell me your answer properly." he said.

"I can't disband the gang or work under Iemura." Cobra told him. Noboru didn't say anything he just turned and started walking away.

"Noboru!" Cobra called at him "We can't change your past. But if it's for you, I want to do something." he added and walked closer to where Noboru was standing.

"Stop working for the Iemura Group." Cobra said gazing at him worried. But Noboru angry told him to Shut up.

"You're different from us, starting with your roots. Hey. Even now, it's not too late." Cobra said.

Though Noboru didn't want to listen any of that. He grabbed Cobra by his collar and told him in a rough tone "I told you to shut up! Every single one of your actions piss me off! What can you guys, who solve things by fighting, do?! I've burned my past. I don't ever want to hang out with you guys again."

Cobra remained there for a while lost, while Noboru left. He was worried about Noboru. But it was like he couldn't find a way to help his friend. And Noboru look more lost than before. It was like he couldn't bring his act together.


Back at the Nameless city the Rude Boys appeared at the factory, watching everything smashed and broken. "You guys...What's the meaning of this?" Smokey asked confused at Yamato, Dan, Tettsu and Chiharu were standing there breathless. Shion that noticed Smoky opened his eyes wide openly. No one said anything, as the White Rascals appeared.

"Yo, Smokey. I've come to kill you." Rocky said while gazing at Smoky serious.

"You..." shouted Smokey, but before ending his phrase Koo started talking "Which one of you is Shion?"

"Shion?" aske the Rude's boys Leader baffled.

"He distributed the Red Rum." Bito said and threw in the air Red Rum drug bags.

"Hey, Shion. Explain yourself." Smokey asked Shion serious.

"We'll settle things regarding his situation here." Smokey answered at the White Rascals.

Rocky that was standing ready to attack asked "What?"

Smokey made it clear "I won't let outsiders hurt anyone who lives in this town."

Koo replied "Don't be so sentimental." As Binto added "There's no way we can just leave."

Things got serious, as the Rude Boys and the White Rascals were ready to fight. Though suddenly Yamato broke a pipe against the ground getting everyone's attention. "Seriously, what are you guys doing?! If we fight, we'd be going along with their plan." Yamato yelled at them.

"We're being used." Tettsu added serious.

"What are you talking about?" Smokey said with a serious deep voice.

"This factory belongs to the Iemura Group." Dan started explaining.

"Their objective was to make the White Rascals and RUDE BOYS to clash. That was their plan." Yamato disclose making everyone gaze at him more confuse.

Enari couldn't believe what they were saying "What are you talking about?" And Aizawa added "Stop speaking nonsense!"

Yamato calmly explained them that "It's not a lie. There's no way this guy could have distributed the Red Rum all by himself. The Iemura Group's goal is to take away SWORD."

Rocky serious asked "You're saying that this was set up by the Iemura Group?"

"Acting recklessly on our territory.." Smokey added.

"It seems like you've done enough." one of the Iemure Group said. They had been notified that there were trouble in the factory. Noboru went with them too. Rocky and Smokey kept their members from attacking. They were used my the Iemura's and they didn't like that. Although, the fight never started as Nikaido called them to go back. Noboru first left, and then the others from Iemura group. The rest slowly did the same too. Thankfully the balance wasn't in danger for the time being.


At the Itokan Diner Naomi and Kasumi were having coffee. Naomi and Kasumi, become a bit closer lately. Kasumi visited the Itokan Diner when she could. Even if the store was close she would go in. Naomi stepped out for a short time. At her way back she met Cobra, who was helping an older man.

"Hey. Come over a bit." Naomi told him and walked back at the Itokan Diner. Kasumi was sitting at the wooden table next to the door, still drinking her coffee. The door opened again and Cobra stepped in. Naomi brought him a drink and placed it next to Kasumi, waiting for him to sit.

Cobra gazed at Kasumi angry, thinking 'I told her to leave. I told her never to come back. What didn't she get.' He sighed and sat down next to Kasumi. Kasumi simply ignored him and played with her straw. She was wearing a short black skirt, black shirt, with her black heels. She had placed her coat at the next side of the sitting bench.

Cobra sat next to her giving her a last gaze. 'Is she now ignore me or what?' He didn't went on with those thoughts. He sipped some of his drink and said "I just met up with Noboru."

Naomi, as well as Kasumi gazed at him. "What did he say?" Naomi asked, as Kasumi went back ignoring him. Although she was paying attention what both were talking about. Cobra sighed remembered what Noboru told him "What can you guys, who solve things by fighting, do?!" He had a point there. Cobra paused as his wind went off.

"Noboru won't come back no matter what. Iemura Group is planning to take over SWORD. He won't hold back against the Hoodlum Squad. For himself and for his friends, he won't lose." Cobra finally answered at Naomi who had asked him few minutes ago.

"Maybe it would take some more effort." Kasumi said as she kept playing with her straw and ignoring him.

Cobra turned his gaze completely at her, like he was trying to understand what she meant. "I thought I told you to stop coming at the Sannoh district!" he voiced at her loudly.

"You did say so?! Didn't you?" she answered back with her eyes pinned against her drink.

"Those parts aren't for people like you" Cobra said. Kasumi kept some how remind him of Noboru. In any way she didn't fit, in their district. Of course, they didn't know she was already in a messy situation on her own, since she was the daughter of the Iemura Leader. "Just go!" Cobra shouted.

Kasumi, turned her head and gazed at him back. "I am not leaving." she said serious and went back on her drink.

Cobra, took his drink and walked off. He went in the last seat of the store and sat down.


Noboru had returned with the others in the Iemura Group. Though things didn't looked good for him. Since the factory was destroyed, and the White Rascals with the Rude Boys didn't go in a fight. The Iemura's plan failed. Nikaido beat up Noboru, with everyone watching. He only stopped when he had hit him too many times. Nikaido kept him around, his plan was too use him as much as he could.

The same time at the nameless city Smokey was talking with Shion. He knew why Shion would do it. That it was for him, and that made him feel worse. He didn't had any talk with Lala yet.

"People who live on the Nameless Road are people who have no other home. That's why I truly think of everyone as my family. If you stray away from this family you'll be in danger. Lungs, liver, pancreas, kidney, and heart. Cast all of them aside. That's the rule of this town. If you can't do that, disappear immediately. I know you were worried about my health. In order to take me to a doctor, you wanted to find ways to make money. However, you touched the Iemura Group's money. If you stay here, they'll surely get rid of you. People who live on the Nameless Road, don't have anything, including names or identities. So if you leave this place, they won't be able to trace your steps. The safest way for you right now is to leave the Nameless Street. For my sake.." Smokey said as everyone was listen at him. He gave Shion a bow "I am sorry." Lala that was hiding heard everything. Smokey started coughing again. And that was how Shion left the Rude Boys. But we will see him in our story. ((Shion is also playing at the Movie, so she surely will make his appearance again.))

Also, the Hoodlum Squad were all back at Itokan Diner. The place was filled with people in an instant. Kasumi had never seen so many of the Sannoh gang together. Cobra was sitting, in the same spot as before. Dan and Tettsu were sitting across from Kasumi. Yamato was closer to Cobra and Chiharu was in the middle of the room. He was apologizing, for what he did and kept bowing. He explained, that he was behind the SD card incident and how he got mixed up. He cried a bit how he used to be alone, but he had found friends now. But he would leave the Hoodlum Squad and not cause any more problems.

"If you want to leave, it's up to you." Cobra said at him. Kasumi had turned all her attention on him. "don't worry about it by yourself and then give us an answer." he added. Then Cobra stood up and took few steps closer to Chiharu. He stopped next to Yamato and told him honestly "We would never abandon our friends." And Yamato agreed with him "That's true." Everyone in the room stood up, sign that they agreed with Cobra and Yamato. "If you're worrying about it, you can talk to us. That's what friends are for." Yamato said. Chiharu was really happy and thanked them.

Cobra gazed at Yamato with a light smile and Yamato did the same. Then he walked over to Chiharu. Everyone was happy at the moment. Tetsu started taking pictures of Yamato and Chiharu. Cobra sat down and smiled at them. As the room was filled with voices and smiles. Kasumi, who had watch everything started to understand a bit more about the Hoodlum Squad. They kept surprising her in a good way since they day she met them. The gang that she wanted nothing to do with. Seemed so different. Kasumi tilted her head watching at Cobra. Cobra smiling face made her heart skip a beat. Naomi was happily yelling them to shut up as she was getting some beers for everyone.

"So you can smile!" Kasumi randomly told him as he sat next to him.

"You are still here?" he asked looking at her with a serious face.

"Don't you get it. I am not gonna go, just because you said so!" Kasumi said as Naomi handed them a beer.

"I get it! I get it!" Cobra told her and for now he let her be.

Dan tapped at Yamato, as Kasumi and Cobra were talking. "Isn't that the girl for that time?" Dan asked.

"What time.. what happened?" Tettsu asked really curious. Most turned and gazed at Dan as Yamato went over with Chiharu smiling at them.

"That girl" Dan said pointing at her. "Kasumi." said Tettsu. "Yes her. The one with those odd eyes." he added.

"What about her?"Tell us?" "what happened?" everyone started asking. Even Kasumi and Cobra turned as they heard the bizarre questions.

"She stayed one night at Copra's room!" Dan said and the room become silent.

"And then Cobra took her home." Dan went on saying.

"Wait... she sat on Cobra's bike." another guy said. And Dan nodded.

Everyone turned and gazed both of them. Kasumi looked a Cobra "What's these about?" and Cobra gazed angry at Yamato since he figured that Yamato said something odd to Dan.

"Now! Now! Let them be." Naomi said as she was passing more beers around. "You started that Yamato?" she asked her close friend.

"In a way yes. I saw a girl sleeping next to Cobra. What would you do?" Yamato said clearly making again the room fall in silence.

"Wait, they were sleeping in the same bed." Tettsu said "But you saw her sleeping next to him?" Tettsu said disappointed.

"I know" Dan said sad "I thought we would first have a girlfriend before Cobra."

Most of the guys nodded at the room, as they seemed really sad. Naomi hit Yamato at his head "Baka! see what you started now."

"Sorry" Yamato said and hid behind Naomi.

Kasumi stood up gazing at Cobra. "Explain what do they mean?" she asked him serious.

Cobra sighed, he hated being mixed in such silly situations. "The day you stayed over... Well that morning when Yamato come in...He saw you there..." he tried to explain her.

"And why do they get the wrong idea. I just stayed over." Kasumi asked him confusing she didn't like people to start rumors about her.

"You are over reacting!" Cobra told her as he also stood up.

"I am over reacting?" she pointed at the room around "You saw how they acting.. and I am overreacting?"

"They only making fun. Don't take it too personal!" Cobra told her in a cool way as he sipped some of his drink and placed it against the table.

Kasumi walked up and down trying to process the facts. But still she didn't like it. She leaned against the nearest wall "I don't like it."

Cobra cracked a smile. He was standing few steps away from her. "What do you mean you don't like it?" he asked her.

"People thinking odd things.." she tried to explain though the topic started to make her a bit uncomfortable. The rest of the guys had already drop the matter and were talking about other things, while having fun.

"Let them!" Cobra as he drunk some more beer. It was of the rare occasion that everyone including Cobra would be in a good mood.

"Let them?" she gazed at him confused "You think its funny. Saying odd things. I only stayed over. Nothing happened!" Kasumi went on complaining.

Though Cobra found it kind of cute, how she over reacted. He stepped closer to her and placed his hand against the wall. Then he gazed at her having a devilish smile in his face. He wasn't try to scary her or anything. He was just teasing her. 'And those eyes' he thought 'are those even real?' "Why, would it be so scary if something happened?" Cobra asked her as he leaned closer to her. The way Kasumi reacted, was just priceless. 'She takes everything too literally' he thought as he kept gazing at her.

Kasumi placed her hand against his chest pushing him back. "It's not funny!" she voiced at him loudly and pushed him once more. Then she tried to walk away.

Though, Cobra grabbed her wrist and pulled her back softly. "Who said that its funny." Cobra told her as he kept holding from her wrists and gazing at her.

Kasumi tried to free her wrist as she answered "I do not want people to have the wrong idea about me."

"They were talking for both of us. So talking about you like that is wrong? Though talking about me isn't?" Cobra asked her now serious. What started like a joke, become a bit serious now. "Are you any better than me?" Cobra asked her as he pushed her against the wall. Kasumi gazed at him, trying to explain that wasn't what she meant. But, Cobra didn't wait he lean closer and pressed her hand against the wall as he whispered at her "Don't worry, I will make it fair for both of us!" Kasumi gazed at him confused and a bit scared.

Cobra's black eyes showed a moment of hesitation, his gazed looked angry but he was far from it. He could feel his heart raise. He leaned even closer, his lips were almost touching Kasumi's lips. Everything happened too fast. Kasumi was out of guard, as she felt his lips against hers. At first there was no reaction. Neither Cobra, nor she believed that their lips met. Cobra didn't stopped, he lean closer against Kasumi. He kept holding her left hand against the wall. His body was softly pressing against hers, as his other hand was touching her face. He closed his eyes and his lips rushed forward to meet hers. Testing the odd yet delicious taste of her blueberry lipstick.

Kasumi that at first had frozen, as she did not expect Cobra to kiss her, tried to push him back. But his grip around her was tight. Since his lips touched her, she felt like her heart was ready to erupt. She stopped struggling and closed her eyes too. She followed his lips and kiss him back. Her right hand had softly grabbed against his lower part of his Shirt. The kiss went for only few seconds. But it felt like it lasted a hour. Cobra softly broke the kissed and pulled back gazing at her. Kasumi opened and closed her eyes confused.

The sudden silent, got her attention. She looked around and everyone was gazing at them with the mouth open. She gazed back at Cobra, who was touching his lips and had a silly smile on his face. He couldn't believe she would kiss a girl like that. Kasumi thought, he was making fun again. He put all her strength and pushed him away. She grabbed her coat and ran out. It was her first kiss. And she wanted to be special. And not a joke.

Naomi yelled at him "Cobra!" to get him back on earth. It was then when he noticed that Kasumi was gone. He followed her. Since Kasumi was in high heels, he managed to reached her soon.

"Kasumi wait!" He called her loudly as he grabbed again her wrist. "Wait!" he said again as he manage to stop her.

Kasumi gazed up at him, although it seemed like she was ready to cry "Let me go! You wanted me to stop hang around. You got your wish!" she said at him as she tried to break the hold.

"Wait!" Cobra said again as he was trying to catch his breath. He had no idea what to tell her. "It was just a kiss!" he said as he looked at her.

Kasumi broke free and signed him to stop "Right now let me be!" she said at him and left.

Cobra walked back in Itokan Diner. No one said anything. Most were surprised with his reaction. Cobra kissing a girl like her. He was out of his leak.

No one talk about it. Kasumi also went home and hid in her room trying to forget about it. But, she as well as Cobra spend the night sleepless. They kiss sank in their memory and troubled them.

The night ended with Murayama, Furuya and Seki walking. Murayama explained he didn't accept the help of the Iemura Group. Maybe once they were a trustworthy group, but now they deal with drugs and more dangerous things. "Lets rise with our own strength!" Murayama told them. And Furuya as well as Seki agreed. Meanwhile Masaki, one of the Amamiya brothers, was back in town too. He went out for a drink. In his way back, he saw Kohaku on his bike. It was a face he has not seen in a while. "Look who is back?" he whispered to himself.

Before the night though ended one more person appeared. Hyuga Norihisa was back with the Daruma Ikka. The real problems were starting now. Since all the pawns have made their appearance. The would slowly start to move.

((Next:: Act Seven ))