The Nine Dragons

High & Low ~ The story of S.W.O.R.D.~

"There is no failure in Kuryu, failure means death!" The Iron rule of the Kuryu Group. The gigantic polar organization named Kuryu Group was created by Kuze Ryushin. The main forces of the 'organization' are the nine presidents (also called the nine dragons.) The chairman is Kuze Ryushin, and the other eight presidents were Kurosaki Kimitatsu, Zenshin Yoatsu, Katsunari Ryuichiro, Ueno Ryuhei, Minamoto Ryukai, Fujimori Tatsuo, Iemura Tatsumi, Ryu Tatsuhito. Their strength wasn't limited to an underground society, but also controlling police, court, prosecutor, prison forces. They tried to show that they cared about the country and injustice and constructed a casino plan done in SWORD that would earn them rights and profit.

Yet, that planned crumpled into pieces, when the Mugen and the Amamiya brothers uploaded the USB containing files of illegal acts regarding the casino plan made by Kuryu. Amamiya Brothers entrusted something to their old rival, Kohaku. It was a memento of their brother. If this got leaked to the public, Kuryu should be over. This time Kuryu Group and the president of Kuryu Group, Kuze Ryushin, was arrested. It seemed like the casino plan was over. However, a dark shadow emerged and the president was released. Kuryu Group's president, Kuze Ryushin-san was set free.

"Why was he released? Hey, have you seen the news?" Tsukumo question Hiroto and Masaki as Kohaku and he strolled inside the old warehouse. They had just found out that the USB did not do any damage to the Kuryu Group and the head was again free.

All of the nine dragons were on the move. It was the end for SWORD.

Fujimori managed to gather two shouters, after spotting Amamiya, Kohaku and Tsukumo in that warehouse. Minamoto gave him the order to shoot and cover it up. They first aimed Hiroto, who was lucky saved by Saigo. The group of four was speechless, they always thought Saigo was part of the enemy. But they were wrong. Saigo worked undercover for years, trying to find evidence on something bigger that Kuryu Group was trying to hide. They escaped and followed Saigo in his hiding place. As he planned to reveal them the truth behind the Casino plan.

Ueno went after the white Rascal's Clubs. After breaking their contracts with the renter, he made sure everything was destroyed. No one was left behind since they were facing the Ranmaru and Doubt at the Kokuhakudou Station. Ueno succeed his plan, showing clearly the power of the Nine Dragons. The old man was ill news as he maybe was not the fighting type, but he could crush his enemies with more unfair means.

Katsunari, who was exactly the opposite of Ueno. He would sign his work with blood. He head with his gang at the Daruma Ikka region. He had one purpose only. To destroy everything that was left there. Kuryu was beaten up the members that were left behind, while their territories got trashed. Daruma was not his only goal that night. Oya High followed. And Sannoh district. The remaining one.

Iemura was on the leash to round up the citizens of Nameless Street. And basically their leader Smoky. Who actually was only looking sick, since his own illness got worse. Nikaido was the one that searched all over the Nameless city to find Smokey. It was clear that Kuryu wanted SWORD gone, yet they were interested in the Nameless city more.

Ryu was sent to take care of Shinohara. The old member of the mighty warriors was now one of the nine dragons. And that was not all. As few knew, he was the only son of Kuryu Group's president, Kuze Ryushin. After Uezono was killed as he felt in his mission. His spot was empty and Ryu was assigned as one of the nine. There he found Kuki, who had already strangled Shinohara and made it look as a suicide. Kuki as a professional killer was faster in taking decisions like those.

Last but not least was Yoatsu, who appeared at the Kokuhakudou Station threaten openly everyone in SWORD. Yet, he stumbled against Cobra. Who had kicked him against the ground answering him back to his dark threats. Yoatsu was also old school when it come to deal with those that he thought as he enemy. He was cruel and bad to the bone.

What should be noticed, not all Kuryu were the same. They were different kind of people, but aiming to the same goals; Power and money. Some were able to balance what was fair and what was not. Yet, all of them were cruel, even with that knowledge. Like Kurosaki, he was one of the nine, yet his word was stronger than others.

Conflict happened between the nine. Since some wanted more power than others. Specially now with the chairman being ill. The path they usually followed had changed a bit. And they was a weakness in their leadership. Even if the chairman's wife, Kuze Rikako, stepped on his spot. It was noticeable that the nine had their own issues to deal with.


Back at at the Kokuhakudou Station, Yoatsu was facing the ground as his men pulled their blades and they were ready to attack. "What the hell are you doing!" the chappy guy behind him shout at Cobra. And the rest of his gang followed yelling and threatening openly.

"Bring it!" Yamato cried out as she gestured them to attack.

"You guys wanna mess?" Hyuga uttered glaring at them. Rocky and Murayama were hovered to strike if needed.

And as everyone from both sides were ready to step forward, Yoatsu cut them off "Wait." His men gazed down at him as he sat up holding his belly. "That hurt." he complained as he crossed his legs. "I like your courage. I know your face now." he spoke up directly in a dark tone. Next he stood up "Don't forget what happened today." he added as he cleaned his suit and turned around to leave.

"Are you running away?" the leader of Hoodlum Squad provoked him. As he seemed to be in a confused stated of half angry and half in grief.

"Oh!" Yoatsu reacted in shock and cried out "I'm not." chuckling as he knew what the nine already were doing. "It begins now. I'll show you an adult fight. " he informed Cobra. And suddenly kicked him back against his stomach.

Cobra lifted his arms to protect his upper body but was hit and crushed over where Noboru, Yamato and Kasumi were. They held Cobra rushing to his aid. Kasumi openly glared at Yoatsu as she held Cobra's arm. Cobra gathered his fist against his stomach and panted heavily. He had to admit the kick was different from most of the kicks he had received in his life. It was so painful, he could not stand on his feet.

"No, it has already begun." the Kuryu president announced gazing at Cobra, who was still trying to stand up. "Let's go guys!" was he last command as he gathered everyone of his men an left the Station.

Kasumi grabbed Cobra and tried to help him to stand. Yet, he pushed her back as he gave her a strange gaze over his shoulder. She has seen Cobra in many states. Angry, Mad, indifferent, sad, happy, but never as he look at that time. She could not name if he was angry, sad or confused. It was like he was one step before the fall. What was that odd feeling. Due the circumstances, Iemura's daughter did not say anything. She simply remain back and let Noboru and Yamato to help him. For the time being all SWORD agreed to withdraw to their districts, rest and plan how to deal with Kuryu. Of course they did not know what was already happening.


After they took care of his wounds, Saigo the projector and started telling an odd story to the group of four. They were listening in surprised and confusion. Indeed it was a very touchy story. But why should that bother them. Something that happened so many years ago.

"I'll tell you what you want to know." Saigo told them as he by-passed them. "Before you guys were born, there used to be a drug factory here." he went on saying as he placed his lighter on a spot over the map." At the facility, a problem occurred." he added.

"A problem?" quizzed Hiroto as he was crossing his arms not sure why Saigo was narrating them through that old story.

"There was a new useful but expensive drug that showed good effects. However, it was discovered that anyone who had too much of it would die within a year. In that end, the factory went bankrupt. Then, the worst had come. The harmful substance was let loose into the atmosphere and it flowed into the water nearby. People caught onto the severity of the situation and decided to involve the police and fill the land, covering everything up." Saigo explained in detail.

"Teacher. I don't need a social studies lesson right now." complained Masaki as he leaned against the desk behind him.

"Same here." said Tsukumo as he was sitting and smoking "I wasn't listening at all."

"Even if this is something that happened in SWORD?" Saigo released the bomb catching everyone's attention now.

Kohaku closed his lighter and did not light up his cigarette. "Saigo." he said and stepped closer to him "What do you mean by that?"

Saigo turned a color map of SWORD that fit exactly the area where the factory was "This is the current SWORD." he informed them and throw a rock against the desk. A rock similar with those that the rude boys were gathering for months thinking it was some kind of treasure. "That is the treasure that Rude Boys planted for Kamizono Group without knowing. However, soon enough something else appeared. This is a hazardous substance from that factory that were turned into tiny sediments." he added as he placed a small jar with white shinny rocks on the desk.

The group of four gathered around the desk now interesting to hear more. "Is that what Rude Boys dug up?" Hiroto asked him serious.

"They hid all the bad deeds through Kuryu and ultimately destroyed all of the evidence." Saigo responded.

"Seriously? I can't believe this." Kohaku exhaled "The casino plan is actually something like that. They're planning to get rid of us."

"First, I want you guys to bring this guy." Saigo told them as he pulled and old picture from his jacket and placed it on the desk "His name is Baba Hajime. He's one of the officers responsible. It seems like he has all the evidence. At the event for the casino plan, you have to prove the person responsible for the factory, point out the victim of the harmful substance, and reveal the past. These three things are the most important." he asked them for their help.

"If it's so important, why don't you do it yourself?" Hiroto coldly uttered as he pushed his hands into his pockets.

"It's too hard for me." Saigo said and took a seat. Kohaku grabbed the picture gazing at him closer.

"Where is this guy?" Tsukumo asked.

"Little Asia." answered Saigo.

"That place again?" Masaki added gazing at Hiroto.

"No matter how many times we ask him, he refuses to cooperate. If you stand forth in this, there's a risk of getting killed by Kuryu. But with some help, he can do it. That's why I'm asking you guys."Saigo noted.

"If we reveal this, can we destroy Kuryu?" Kohaku asked him directly. After all their point was to destroy Kuryu, before they would get more dangerous.

"This time, Kuryu will be at a clear disadvantage. Even the USB your brother protected won't go to waste." he added lastly.

"Kuryu found out we're here." Saigo man informed them.

"You guys better go. Remember, don't forget your lives are at risk." he advised them.

The group of four left immediately, but they came face to face with Kuryu men. "You guys look like you can stand on your own." the men said as they trapped them from both sides.

"They look strong somehow!" Masaki said as he gazed at Kohaku.

"Get them!" one of the men cried out. Then they attacked started. Although the team of four was outnumbered they were deadly in their strikes. Storming through the men. At soon it was clear what kind of rivals they were fighting with. As all four were the best when it come to fist to fist fight. The outcome was remarkable. Until Kuki showed up. That pro killer, could not be put down at all cost.

"Him again?" Tsukumo complained.

"Anyway, let's get out of here." Kohaku suggested.

After that the team of four split up. Kohaku with Masaki and Hiroto with Tsukumo. The fought trying to get away from the Kuryu men that were only increasing by numbers. The fight was one of the best ever given. They were not facing a simple gang and it was noticeable. Also they skills were fully shown now. When Amamiya and Mugen were not fighting as rivals, but in the same team. They were clearly unstoppable.

"What are you going to do?" Masaki asked Kohaku in the brief moment of a break.

"I'm going to find out if Saigo is telling the truth." responded Kohaku.

"Then, we'll go to Little Asia." Masaki said.

After managing to escape from the mad killer and Kuryu men, Masaki and Hiroto went to Little Asian to find Baba Hajime. And Kohaku with Tsukumo to find out if Saigo was telling the truth. Indeed the Mugen found out that Saigo was actually telling the truth. And Amamiya found Baba's place, but he had long ago run away.


"Following the news of the Casino project, it has been decided that it will be constructed in SWORD. The construction for the casino should be done in protected areas, therefore the residents of the Nameless Street, which has no security, may be evicted." the news were announcing that the Casino would be build after all. Kuryu showed around the Nameless city, and was slowly putting explosive all around the place. Also making sure that some citizens would leave and some were kept.

Smoky, who had already dealt with his demons and knew that he would not make it. He gathered everyone up and passed the leadership to Takeshi. He reminded them for what they were standing for and that they were a family. Lastly, he asked them to escape. There was a fight they could not win. Everyone did not agree. It took him a long time until he made them to leave him behind.

After officially managing to passing the leadership to Takeshi, Smoky faced Nikaido. It seemed he was previous living in Nameless city. Smoky called him Kai, hinting of a past that Nikaido did not want to recall. In the background an armed Kuryu minions surround him and Smoky smiling accepted his fate forwarding to face them on his on.

((Next:: Act Twenty-Four))


More than anything, thank you for taking the time to read this!