One Lucky Day

High & Low ~ The story of S.W.O.R.D.~

Kasumi had fallen deeply asleep inside Cobra's arms. Cobra rested next to her with his eyes pinned on her. His fingers outlined her face inch by inch as he was looking any detail of her facial features. He was calmer now after the aftermath of their break up. He was just making sure that Kasumi was surely next to him and he did not dream it. And as many times he checked she was still there with him.

Hours later, the doctor showed up informing them that she could return home. She should rest for a few days and eat all her meals and plenty of water. They arrived by Taxi to Sannoh Region. Indeed Kasumi rested for a few days. Next she was back in her old schedule. Internship, classes, teaching, training and working at club Heaven. Her free time she spent it mostly with Cobra, or they would just hang around Itokan Diner or Bar Odake. Like today.

"Inoki Bombaye or Inoki Ganbare?" Cobra suddenly quizzed as he was leaning against the Bar counter happily.

Kasumi seized Yamato and Dan from afar and walked over "I told you to stop it! Why would you made him drink so much again? It's not funny any longer. Using his guild and making him drink more and more!" she scolded them.

"A! Let us enjoyed until it lasts!" Yamato complained.

Dan nodded agreeing with him "We will never be able to have Cobra-san listen to us like that! Kasumi, is being mean! Neh, Cobra-san!" Dan asked him as he wrapped his arms around him trying to keep Cobra on his side.

Kasumi smacked his head "The point is smart-head, that I am left with drunk Cobra alone after words. Have you tried to co-exist in a room with drunk-Cobra. No! So, don't!" she yelled at them as she pointer her hand out. "Return Cobra to me!" she demanded.

Cobra gazed at her and tilted his head happy "Inoki Bombaye or Inoki Ganbare?" he asked her as Dan kept him steal in a hug.

"Inoki Bombaye!" she replied fast and angry "Come Cobra! Let's Go!"

"Correct!" Cobra cried out and escaped from Dan's hold and hugged Kasumi. "I'll share my Inoki love with you!" he whispered against her ear.

Kasumi rolled her eyes "I know you will!" she said and held him firmly helping him to step away from them.

"Kasumi-san is not playing fair!" Dan complained again as he sat back at his seat. The rest laughed.

She stack out her tongue and left the Bar Odake with Cobra. "Are you messing with them again?" Kasumi asked him as they were walking at Sannoh street. She freed him and left him walk alone.

Cobra pushed his hands into his pockets and gazed at her smirking "If that makes them happy!"

Kasumi lifted an eye brown at his words. "No way! You are trying to avoid their questions? Aren't you?" she asked in a low tone as she lean closer towards him.

Cobra rubbed his head and smiled "Maybe!" he said and kept walking with her.

"I knew it!" Kasumi cheered.

They reached finally their room and she unlocked the door and both went inside. Kasumi fall against the bed wanting to sleep for ever. Cobra strolled over the bathroom and stripped down to have a shower. He turned the water on, it was a bit cold. His face took a 'what-ever' expression and he grabbed a shower gel. He started washing his body. Suddenly he sniffed and sniffed, a refreshing aroma of strawberry and spring flavor were noted. Cobra grabbed the bottle it was Kasumi's. He freaked out and started checking bottle after bottle. Yet, everything was girly and pink. His shower gel was long gone.

"Kasumi!?" he yelled and tried to clean himself off. She did not reply as she was already sleeping.

Cobra dried up and wore a long black shirt and his boxer. Returning in the main area he spotted Kasumi sleeping diagonally against the bed. He covered her up and sat on the couch. A few minutes later there was a knock on the door. He opened it only to find Murayama standing there with a big smile on his face.

"What to you want Murayama?" he asked him.

"Cobra-chan, I wanted to see you!" he said and stepped inside "Am I bothering?"

"Nuh, Kasumi is already asleep. I am just hanging here. what is it?" he asked him as he walked back to his seat.

Murayama followed him and sat also on the couch. "I was out with Oshiage, and brought her home. So, I thought to pay your a visit."

Cobra looked at him from head to toe. "You went by the bar didn't you?" he read his actions.

"They said you were drunk. I've never seen Cobra-chan cute act!" Murayama stated.

"There is nothing to see Murayama. Go home!" Cobra said as he leaned back at the couch.

The leader of Oya High nodded "I will just stay for a bit. What is that smell?" he quizzed.

"I showered..." Cobra tried to explain but paused it. Murayama laughed "Do not even say a word!" he requested.

"Cherry or strawberry?" he asked him.

Cobra smirked and admitted defeat "Strawberry!" he said.

Both talked for few long minutes. Soon Cobra drifted asleep. And with out noticing Murayama did too. It was 5 at dawn when Kasumi woke up and found Cobra sleeping in the couch snuggling with Murayama. She rubbed her eyes and shook her head laughing at them. She went to shower and changed. In the meanwhile, both woke up to find themselves very close hugging. They jumped from the couch up and landed few steps away.

"Oi! Murayama why are you still here!" Cobra said in a low voice "Have you lost it!"

Murayama was still yawning he was not confused so much with their sleeping position, than that he had a deep and great sleep. "That was the best nap I ever had!" he said smiling at Cobra.

"Keep it down! Leave now! And don't tell that to anyone!" he threatened him still in shock.

"You like it too Cobra-chan! Admit it!" he told him " I am not leaving. Let's do that again?"

"What? Leave!" he yelled at him slight angry. Yet, he paused thinking that he actually slept well and deep.

"See! So let's just sleep for a bit longer!" Murayama added.

He sighed and tried to drag him out of the room "You leave now, before Kasumi hears us!"

"Kasumi has already heart you and seen you! Be my guest and sleep more I have to leave after all!" Kasumi said as she suddenly appeared in the room dressed and ready for work.

"See! Kasumi does not mind!" Murayama said and sat again in the couch.

Cobra freaked out "Kasumi is not like that. You see! We..." he tried to explain.

Kasumi stepped closer and put her finger against his lips "Sash! Cobra-san! You can go on sleeping with Murayama! Since it was the best nap!" she mocked him and wore her coat. "And Murayama I already messaged a picture of you and Cobra to Oshiage!"

"What? When? I am dead! Sorry, Cobra-chan I have to go! Matane!" the Oya high's leader rushed off leaving them both alone.

Kasumi tried not to laugh at their reaction. It was just priceless. She looked at Cobra that was speechless. "I'm leaving too!" she said and waved at him.

"Oi! Wait! Are you trying to destroy my reputation!" Cobra yelled at her and went after her cornering her against the door and kissing her for few seconds.

Kasumi broke the kiss and ruffled his hair "You were so cute! I'll see you later." she said and left for work.

Cobra chuckled and closed the door. He crushed against the bed to sleep a bit longer. Thinking how he is surrounded by idiots and he liked it. These days at least were more stupid indeed. Yet, they were lovely and more fun. His heart could be at ease time to time. And he could breathe some fresh air and feel glad to have friends and Kasumi on his side.


Kasumi on her way to the office she spotted and old enemy. She came face to face with Kirinji. At first she thought it was her imagination, but after seeing the rest of the men. She new those were her fathers men. She glared at them and felt her rage increasing second by second. The only reason she kept calm was because they were inside her work area. Kirinji greeted her and told her that they were already bailed out from prison. It seemed that the Iemura were still under investigation. They could not pin Smoky's death to Kirinji or Nikaido and they were out for the time being. Kasumi did not speak at him at all just walked away. Yet, her mind was affixed more now at the idea to get revenge. Being related with the Iemura felt still like a big wound that was not healing.

Moments later outside Itokan Diner, Cobra was stopped by Hiroto. Hiroto wanted to talk with him. They both went to a more private area and there Cobra waited to see what would the younger of the Amamiya brother want. Hiroto informed him that he saw yesterday Iemura's boss and his men, after Saigo informed them that they were set free. He told him to be careful. Cobra agreed and he would talk with the rest of the leaders.

There was one more think he pointed out, about Kasumi. She was slowly leveling up in training with him and Takeshi. She surely was better now in fighting than before. Yet, he was not sure if she wanted to get better to protect herself and her people. Or if in her mind still she wants to deal with Iemura. Cobra agreed with Hiroto. He also thought that Kasumi had not accepted yet her past and her father doings. He did not know how deep that wound was. And how she would react if she found out that they were released again.

And Hiroto and Cobra were right. Kasumi was keeping a deep wound in her. Indeed everyone never blamed her for being the Iemura's daughter. They accepted her as she was and trusted her. However, her father and his men has caused too much pain to her close people. It was her blood that interfered each time to make their life so dark. And murdering Smoky. That was the last strike for her. Because it was not done by Kuryu, but they Iemura did it. And even if her father did not kill him directly; his men did.

Kasumi had already aimed at Nikaido and Kirinji. Because after they were caught she visited them in the prison. Exactly she visited Kirinji. There he made him talk, and he admitted that they killed Smoky with Nikaido's order. That meant she would get back at them and Nikaido. As she was trying to find a way to forgive the part of her that was an Iemura.

((Next:: Act Thirty- Three))


More than anything, thank you for taking the time to read this!