April's Fool

High & Low ~ The story of S.W.O.R.D.~

Amamiya Brothers were still in search for their older brother. Masaki and Hiroto search at the Rude Boys' bomb-stricken territory but Takeru is nowhere to be found. On the day of their parents' death anniversary, they expect to be reunited with Takeru. They had finally reached their destination. Every year, April 1st, they were visiting their parents graves. The only difference this year was, that Takeru was missing. They parked their motorcycle at the southwest side of the cemetery. Next they crossed through the graves. Masaki was holding a bouquet of white flowers. Hiroto resting his hands inside his pockets. They kept walking as a bitter aura was surrounding them. As they came cross their parents graves they stopped. The Amamiya brothers knelt in front their parent's burial place. Masaki placed the flowers against the tomb stone. Hiroto poured some sake on the cross above the tomb.

"Gomen (Sorry), this year its only us." Masaki said in a mournful tone. Hiroto didn't say anything he had just lowered his gaze at the grave. He had also the same grief-stricken mood like Masaki.

Masaki, spotted a young girl. He lowered his sunglasses just a bit to see the young lady walking towards them. He stood up. While Hiroto choose to ignore her.

"Is this Amamiya-san's grave?" Aika asked. The young lady had noticed the surname on the tomb. But still she needed to know, who those two men were.

"Yes, that's true but.." responded Masaki as he was scanning her.

Hiroto with a lower tone asked "Who are you?" He had noticed Aika, but his gaze was still pinned at their parents grave.

Masaki took his sunglasses off and placed a smile on his face. He was once again back in his flirty mood. "Miss, what business do you have with our parents?" he question the unknown girl.

"Parents?" Aika was confused. That meant that Takeru and they are related. But she couldn't finish her line as few men dressed in white appeared.

The two siblings turned and noticed the men. "Today is a busy day." said Masaki

"A! (Yes)" agreed Hiroto.

"Our parents would be overjoyed." added Masaki as they walked forward and faced the men.

"Um.. sorry for the trouble." said one of the men dressed in white.

Masaki wanted to know "You came all the way here." There were too many people showing up.

"Hand over the girl!" demanded another.

Hiroto with his hands still in his pockets asked Aika "Are they your guests?"

Though the men kept asking with a rude tone "Give her to us."

The sibling looked at each other. They could tell trouble was about to raise. Masaki placed his hand on Aika shoulder and told her to go. Hiroto followed them. They didn't want to fight in frond of their parents graves. Masaki lead Aika few steps away. Then both of the brothers faced the few men in white. It took only few strikes and they were already on the ground. Act that didn't impress Aika that much, as it did Masaki.

"Aren't we cool?" Masaki asked hoping she would be impressed with his fighting skills.

"It's not over yet." said Aika, as she noted few black cars lining up close to them.

"Why are there so many people here for this girl?" Masaki voiced and he walked next to Hiroto.

"Stay here!" ordered Hiroto as he gave a fast glance at Aika.

"But..." she tried to talk but she was cut off. "You'll get in our way." he added. Aika agreed and stayed behind.

"Aare, where did the girl go?" Masaki wondered as he searched around for her. He spotted her soon and was over floated with joy "Ah! There she is." "How was it. It's over now." he went on saying. Masaki tried to hug her. Aika pushed him back with force while Masaki tried to hug her again.

"Do you know who those guys were?" Aika said serious as he was trying to block Masaki from hugging her.

"I don't." answered Masaki honest. He didn't care about the men. He was hyper about the Girl in front of him.

"You're an idiot." said Aika clearly.

"An idiot?!" Masaki repeated. "I didn't get a "thank you" at least."

While those two were arguing. Hiroto found a black pin with Kuryu Group logo on it. He knelt and grabbed it. "It seems like they were from Kuryu." he defined as he throw it at Masaki.

"Kamizono Group." corrected Aika.

Masaki asked serious now "Kamizono?"

"They're one of the groups in Kuryu." added Hiroto. While he faced Aika closer. He asked her with a bad attitude "Speaking of which, who are you? Why did you come to our parents' grave?"

"Someone told me to come." said Aika.

Hiroto fired up "Who?"

"Takeru-san." responded honestly Aika.

Masaki serious faced her "Do you know something about our brother?"

"Where is he?" demanded Hiroto.

Aika explained "I can't contact him. That's why ended up here. Hoping to met him."

"Ts!" Hiroto pissed, turned his face right.

"Let us hear you story?" said Masaki before he was cut off.

"We shouldn't talk about it here." Aika suggested "Let's go at Takeru's place."

"Agreed. We need to change too!" Masaki said. He sat at his bike and waited Hiroto to follow. All there decided to meet at Takeru's place.


Meanwhile at Sannoh Rengokai everything was returning to normal. Of course the threat was still upon them. Hell did not erupt yet. Noboru was more active this days around forums. He was still searching about the Kuryu Group. The guys were hanging around Itokan Diner. Kasumi attended her classes. She was in her final year. She was suppose to start seeking for a job. It was time to fill her resumes and send it in many Law cooperation. She could start with her Internship and later on work for a company (if she was chosen).

Cobra's room turned into a study chamber. It was filled with books and notes. Naomi's Diner was filled with resumes. Kasumi's anxiety to find a job had influenced everyone. Tettsu and Chiharu were trying to help her. Yamato and Naomi wanted, but they ended up fighting most of the times. Noboru was the only one who actually aided her. Cobra remained sitting in his red couch and did not interfere. Lately, his world was changing. In his room, there was a studying Kasumi. She would loudly read, write her project and always drag him in it. The times he managed to escape at Itokan Diner. It was worse. Everyone was bothered about Kasumi and her work haunting. Did they not have anything better to do?

"Dan you needed to add the page number." Tettsu shouted at him "The resumes are for professional use, they have to be perfect!"

"It is already added. I am just clipping it together. You are annoying!" he complained.

"Ugly! I told you I will handle it!" Yamato yelped at Naomi.

She glared at him and tried to push him away from the counter. "I'll kill you!" she threatened him as always.

The door opened suddenly and Shiba walked in looking for her Twin "Have you seen Oshiage!" she asked.

"I think she was going to see Murayama!" Kasumi notified her as she was typing on her laptop and avoiding face contact with anyone. She was really busy this days.

Shiba sighted confused. Lately her twin was always hanging around Oya High. "Again!?" she cried out and collapsed against the counter. Naomi was trying to comfort her.

"Why would Oshiage want to meet with Murayama?" Chiharu puzzled.

"She is in love with Oya High's leader. That is one reason!" Kasumi simple said. It seemed that although Kasumi was busy with studying and finding work. She was also spending time with everyone in Sannoh district. Little details like were easily found out by her.

"Eh?" Chiharu was confused.

Dan tapped his back to support him. "Everyone is falling in love!" he added really sad.

"Well not everyone you two are still single!" Kasumi mocked them as she paused and yawned.

The day went on like that. Loud sounds, cries and yells filled the diner, showing that it was alive. Cobra rolled his eyes at the childish acts. He grabbed a magazine and started reading it. He tried to look cool. Yet, deep inside he was happy to see everyone in a good mood. A mood that would not last for long.


After Masaki, Hiroto and Aika visited Takeru's apartment and found out of their brother secret work. It seemed that Takeru was working with the Kamizono Group. He had spotted that the head was behind their parents death. Along the way he helped Aika. Who was also victimized by them. Next they visited the lady hacker who had their brothers USB memory. Now, they only way was to visit Sannoh for more information. Since the USB memory had many secrets that was important for all the SWORD.

"I see..." Noboru said. The lady hacker had just explained him few things about the USB. And it seemed that they already knew each other from before.

"I need two things. The first one is that I want to borrow this place. The second one is that I want you to help out this intellectual gangster." notified him the Hacker Lady.

"You mean Amamiya's older brother?" Kasumi questioned and the lady nodded.

"Jeez, stop talking like that!" Noboru complained.

"Were did you both meet?" suddenly Masaki cut them off. He, Hiroto and Aika were there as the Lady hacker had suggested. The rest of the Hoodlum Squad, gazed at them oddly. Cobra was only listening for the time being and Yamato wasn't yet there.

The Hacker lady explained "We met on a site. When he was in Iemura Group, he asked me to take care of all his network related work."

"Iemura?" wondered Masaki.

"That belongs in the past." ensured them Noboru. While the door entrance opened and Yamato was finally there. Kasumi raised her gaze and sighed. She didn't say anything but she had noticed trouble.

"It's so dark! At least turn on the lights, ugly." Yamato commented as he was walking towards Naomi.

"You are so annoying!" Naomi added and pointed at the Amamiya brothers.

Only, then did Yamato noted Hiroto and Masaki half sitting at the tables behind Noboru and the hacker lady. "What did you guys come here to do?" he rose his voice serious. Hiroto glared at him as Yamato strolled over, ready to start a fight. "Why are the Amamiya Brothers here?"

Hiroto stood up and came face to face with 'angry' Yamato. They both seemed ready to start what they didn't finished in the past. But Cobra wouldn't let it slight. "Yamato. Leave it." he voiced.

"It seems that Kuryu is involved." Dan added.

"Kuryu?" pondered Yamato, while he was still glaring at Hiroto.

"Yes! The data Kuryu wanted to destroy might be in this." explained Chiharu.

"If we leave this alone, there may be more casualties." Noboru made it clear. They had already come cross how Kuryu groups do their business. They couldn't just ignore it.

"We can't just turn a blind eye." said Cobra.

Yamato breathed deeply. He really was pissed enough to punch Hiroto's irritating face. But he decided to leave it for now. And he just kicked the wooden table next to them.

"Sorry for the intrusion." Masaki spoke as he could tell they weren't welcome around the Sannoh district. "Aika-chan, let's go."

"We'll leave it to you." said Aika and followed Masaki.

Masaki, Aika and Hiroto walked towards the main door to leave.

"Amamiya." Cobra uttered with a low tone making all three to pause "We still owe you a favor." Then he took few steps in the middle of the room. "With this, we're even."

Masaki turned around and dashed over, where Cobra was standing. He placed his hand against his shoulder and assured him "We weren't going to ask for one anyway. Contact us when it's finished."

Cobra nodded and walked back to his seat. Kasumi cast a glance at him. Cobra surprised her each day more. He was maturing in his own way. Yet, he always cared about the city, the people, his friends. And even people that were not his friends, yet that were worth of his help. She cracked a smile and went on typing. Once again she felt lucky, that she was surrounded by people like those.


Meanwhile, the group of three reached the factory. It had been almost 10 years they visit that place. There were too many things that they had forgotten. And that place would remind them everything. Memories, emotions and truths.

"This is where we became real brothers." murmured Masaki with his hands half pushed against his pockets. They had just entered the ruins of the factory.

Aika was confused "What do you mean "real brothers"?"

"The only one who isn't related by blood is me." Hiroto confessed with a depressed tone in his voice. Then he stepped outside. It was still bothering him that they weren't related by blood.

"Hey. What is he talking about?" asked Aika curious.

Masaki decided to tell her the truth "Hiroto is the son of our mother who our father got remarried to. He suddenly became a younger brother that day and had to be taken care of from that point on." Masaki went on explaining everything to Aika. As Hiroto was standing few steps away.

But the chat was cut there as Masaki remembered at that point the connection that his father and Kamizono had. "It was Kamizono. The one who collected our father's debt." he finally recalled.

"Hold on. If that's the case, the newspaper articles in Takeru's room..." figured out Hiroto.

"Because of that, our father was murdered." added Masaki "Takeru investigated Kamizono's intentions and sneaked into the group to find evidence. Probably for revenge."

Aika received a call. They had found finally Takeru. They returned at Itokan Diner. They got all the information. The Amamiya brothers asked Cobra and the rest to keep Aika with them. Aika wanted to follow but they wouldn't let her. It was too dangerous. Both brothers left for Little Asia. Takeru was seeing there buying a gun. It was not a April's joke. It was a truth that their brother, who always told them "Use your fist to protect things that are important to you." was about to use a gun and not his fists. Could Takeru change so much?

((Next:: Act Seventeen))