Itokan Diner

High & Low ~ The story of S.W.O.R.D.~

~ Act Three: Itokan Diner ~


A month passed since Chiharu had joined the Hoodlum Squad. Since then not many things changed at Hoodlum Squad. The guys were hanging around the Itokan Diner, when they were not working. They were mixed in a few fights. The last one was with another gang. They fought with 100 members. After that fight, Cobra started to have a different point of view about fighting. They had lost too much, and as time passed they lost more and more.

Kasumi, also tried to stay less and less at home. Things had gotten later heavier around the Kuryu Group. It was like they were plotting something big. Noboru, had also started to work for the Iemura, since he came out of Jail. Kasumi met Noboru few times, but she didn't know he was an old friend of Yamato and the others. She had spend most of her time looking for a job. Her number one priority was to manage to save some money and leave the Iemura's. But they kept making things more difficult for her.

On the other hand at the White Rascals district more drugs started to appear. Rocky made it clear that they had to find out who was behind that. For a month now they couldn't find who was behind it. Although they were always checking the area and their club 'Heaven'. No one really knew who was behind it. Because it was a new drug, that wasn't know in the market. That made things difficult. But it was almost time for the thread to unfold.


"Hey, Dan! I want a girlfriend!" Tettsu complained at his friend as they were eating Ramen one night randomly.

Dan nodded and agreed with Tettsu "I do too." Before going back at his bowl Dan thought. "Tettsu. Set up a date for you, me, and Cobra." he suggested "Do it right."

Tettsu tilted his head in confusion saying "But if Cobra comes, wouldn't all of them go to him?"

Dan agreed with him "That's right. Cobra is banned. Let's make us the center of attention."

Though Tettsu wouldn't still agree "That's concerning."

Dan asked him "Why is that?"

And Tettsu simply explained to him "Well, if you're the spotlight, you tend to become a showoff."

Dan sighed "Don't make fun of my feet. Look I will show you!" he said. Dan stood up and took a strange pose behind Tettsu. "Hey, watch carefully." Dan told Tettsu. Few second later he ran off, leaving Tettsu speechless.

"He just left without paying. Dan, that was too much." he murmured at himself as he was running to find Dan. Few minutes later he found Dan talking with a girl. The girl was all over him, like she knew him. It didn't took a lot of effort and the girl brought Dan at the White Rascals Club. Tettsu that saw the girl leaving with Dan, just took a picture of them. Although it seemed off, he just let his friend go.

At the club, the girl explain to Dan that her name was Lala and she didn't know him. But they could hang around. Dan that was overtaken by the moment agreed. Lala told him, they could spend time together if he would just make her a favor. To give a small metal case to one man that was sitting next by. Dan before agreeing with her, he noticed that the club was taken by the White Rascals. It felt some how wrong what he was about to do. And getting mixed with the White Rascals could be an issue. Though Dan trusted Lala, and took the SD card to the blond man. But before even giving it to him a boy with a hoodie appeared and stole it. He threw a drink at the bold man and run off. Dan was confused, since he didn't want to get mixed with the White Rascals he ran off too.

Though the misfortune was that the White Rascals were watching. They manage to link the pieces together. They knew the girl and the bold man had something to do with the drugs that had lately appeared at their district. They searched the camera's and found Dan's image. Their next move would be to visit the Itokan Diner, where most of the Hoodlum Squad members hang around.


The next morning at the Itokan Diner three of member of the Sannoh Gang were helping Naomi to clean. Naomi went out shopping and was on her way back. Cobra was also out buying some sweets. It looked like an ordinary day at the Sannoh district. At the way back to Itokan Diner, Naomi met with a familiar face.

"You are the girl who had blocked Cobra's way, a month ago" she said pointing at Kasumi. Once again, Kasumi wearing a short colorful dress, an army green jacket and high heels. She gazed at Naomi, who was wearing a white shirt, blacks shorts, boots and an army jacket too.

"Right! Right!" Kasumi answered as she noticed Naomi caring few bags.

"What are you doing again here?" Naomi asked her curious. She couldn't get what a girl like her would do in their district.

"Nothing! I was wandering and ended up here!" she simply explained. And she wasn't lying, like most of the times she had ended in Sannoh district it was accidentally. "Anyway do you want some help?" Kasumi offered. Naomi agreed and gave her few of her bags. And they both headed towards the Itokan Diner.

The White Rascals had found the Itokan Diner, as they were looking for Dan. They had already stormed inside the place and had broken everything. Rocky attacked all there of they guys in it, wanting to know about Dan.

Suddenly the door opened and both of the girls walked inside. Naomi couldn't believe at her eyes. She attacked at once, kicking and punching Rocky. But Rocky simply knocked her down saying "I don't hit woman." Kasumi that was exactly behind ran to attack too, but her way was cut by Aizawa and Bito. Naomi, as well as Kasumi where confused. Why would the White Rascals be there. And the answer came soon.

Rocky showed Naomi a picture of Dan that he had in his phone. "This is the bad guy." he said getting the phone closer to her.

Naomi confused mumbled "Dan?!"

Rocky took his phone away saying " So he's called 'Dan'! Thanks." He gave a sign and all of the White Rascal members went off.

Kasumi walked over and helped Naomi to seat. Naomi couldn't believe seeing the Itokan Diner in these mess. "It was a month ago they had issues with the Oya High. Now with the White Rascals." she whispered to herself.

"Why do they have a picture of Dan?" Naomi said trying to understand what was going on. Kasumi remain next to her.

The door opened again and Cobra walked in. He froze as he saw Kasumi there. It was a month they had last met. He never thought they would meet again. Kasumi turned as she heard the door opening, and blinked few times. They stared each other for a few seconds before Cobra noticed that everything was damage and broken.

"What happened?" he asked serious while getting again his angry gaze.

Kasumi pointed at the wall where the Hoodlum Squad sign was. Though it was over written by the White Rascals with white paint 'WR' and their sign. Cobra gazed at back at them half confused and half worried.

"Why would the White Rascals, come here?" he asked with an angry tone.

"They showed me a picture of Dan. They were looking for him" Naomi explained

"It seemed that Dan ...isn't that the name..was in their club." Kasumi said as she had noticed the details at the picture.

"Are you sure?" Cobra asked. Kasumi nodded.

She was very sure that it was Club Haven. Kasumi had visited the club few weeks ago with some friends. One of them was bad news and almost attacked Kasumi. But it was Rocky and few other of the White Rascals that took care of him. That's how Kasumi knew, where the picture was taken and who those men were.

In the meantime the three guys called Tettsu, Dan and Yamato were informed that Itokan Diner was attacked. They rushed over.

"Hey, who did this?! Naomi?" Yamato yelled as he entered into the shop.

Cobra screamed at him "Eh!" to get his attention, and showed him the sign on the wall.

Kasumi looked at him, she knew that look. Cobra had the same look when the first meet. 'Whats with him?' she thought.

"White Rascals?" Yamato asked confusing "Why would they come here?" Yamato gazed at Dan seemed like something was off. "Dan?" he asked.

"All i did was to go to their club." Dan replied as he stood up. Everyone in the room turned and looked at him.

"The Club?" asked Yamato serious.

"I didn't know it was theirs." Dan tried to explain.

"You went to the White Rascals' club?" Yamato asked again, as Cobra was still looking at the ground. He was sitting at the bar chairs, already ready to blow up. Next was sitting Naomi, Kasumi was still standing closer to Dan leaning against the wall.

"I was seduced by a strange woman." Dan went on telling.

Cobra had enough, he stood up suddenly. He grabbed Dan and pushed him against the wall, where the sign of the White Rascals was. Kasumi was on the left and almost jumped scared as Dan hit the wall. But Cobra's look didn't look any better. At their right was standing Tettsu. Cobra furious asked Dan "What did you do?"

Tettsu tried to stopped him "Cobra-san, please stop it."

Bad Cobra's eyes were pinned against Dan, and simply pushed Tettsu away. Tettsu tried to reveal "I thought it was suspicious, but I didn't stop him."

Cobra gazed Tettsu and yelled "Every one of you guys... Are you planning to destroy the Hoodlum Squad?!" as he turned around.

Though Naomi had enough. She shouted "Stop it! Those guys said to return what was stolen! If not, they'll keep coming back."

Dan feeling really bad only added "No, I didn't steal anything. I was just asked a favor. It's a misunderstanding."

But Naomi, who was holding her brother picture didn't want to hear anything more. "Don't ever come back to this store. Get out."

Cobra first, Tettsu, Dan and last Yamato left the store. Kasumi walked and sat next to Naomi placing her hand against her shoulder. They remained like that for long time. Kasumi gazed at the picture that Naomi was holding.

"Who is he?" she asked Naomi.

"That is my brother. He died in an accident. He was the one that made the Itokan Diner, so the Mugen members would have a place to return. And see now how it become." Naomi said as she was sad looking at the picture.

Kasumi mind took a bad turn "The Mugen?" she asked.

"Yeah! Tatsuya (my brother) and Kohaku, created that gang. Cobra and Yamato were members too." Naomi defined.

'So, Kohaku was one of the first members of the Mugen. And those guys must be also some how related.' Kasumi thought. She was sure she had heard Kohaku's name around the Iemura Group. Kasumi recalled the old jacket of Cobra with the 'Mugen' label.

Kasumi got up and started gathering the broken glasses. "Look! Its glass and metal! It can be fixed! Don't worry that much.!" she said.

Later on Naomi, joined Kasumi and they both started to clean up.

Cobra, Yamato, and the rest went to Yamato's garage. There they started to talk about what had happened. Dan told them all the details. That the girls name was Lala. Dan informed how the case looked. Cobra was listening and thinking. There was something that really didn't make sense.

"How peculiar. There might be another side to this." Cobra said serious. There must be more to the story. The white Rascals wouldn't go off like that with out a big reason. He at least could say that.

"It's been a while." Noboru said as he walked in getting everyone attention. Eyes wide open and confused faces seeing Noboru, in black suit.

Yamato puzzled said his name as Cobra had turned all his attention at him. Yamato told him how worried they were, and where he had been. Though Noboru made it clear that he was working for Iemura Group now, making everyone worried.

The story goes like these: Iemura Group is one of the Kuryu groups within the Nine Dragons. Iemura Tatsumi (Kasumi's father) is the creator. At the beginning, everything looked fine at the Iemura group. But as they years went by, and the need of power and money changed everything. Now they are a group that dominates all shore areas, grain fields, and enterprises. The Iemura Group wished to take over the Nine Dragons and needed to expand its domain, including the S.W.O.R.D. region. That's how everything started. And now was the time that they would slowly show their indention, starting by using Noboru.

"It's lie. Isn't Noboru!" Yamato asked not believing that his friend would ever take that path.

Noboru started to walk around the garage and disclose "S.W.O.R.D. will become a Kuryu group and the Iemura Group has decided to take over it. The reason is because the safety of the area is deteriorating since there is no one who can fight for it. S.W.O.R.D. is becoming out of control, and the group wants to prevent itself from getting affected by the situation. Anyone who goes against them will be destroyed without mercy. If you don't want that, work under us. It's your only option if you want to remain alive."

Cobra that was listen all that time let out a fake laugh. Then pissed more than before he stood up and walked towards Noboru saying "Mumbling about this and that like a machine..." as he was about to attack him. But Yamato prevent him.

"I'll give you one night. Think about it carefully." Noboru said as he walked closer to Cobra. Gazing at him deeply in the eyes. Both exchanged deadly looks. He gave his card to Cobra. But Cobra didn't take it. Noboru let it fall on the ground and left. The others were asking what they should do, as Cobra stepped against the card. Though later, when the rest were gone he picked up the card.


Kasumi helped Naomi until it was already late evening. Yamato joined them also to help. He told both of them to go home and he would finish cleaning. Kasumi walked Naomi home. Naomi was living close by. She made her something hot to drink and helped her to go to bed. Then Kasumi took the main street heading home. Her path took her in frond of H-Gas station. Kasumi posed as she watched Cobra sitting on a bench and talking with someone. "Wait that's the new guy... Noboru" she whispered to herself.

"So have you come up with an answer?" Noboru asked Cobra.

"You already know that we can't work under you guys. Why are you working for Iemura?" Cobra replied while looking at Noboru.

Kasumi remained at her spot gazing at them. "Seems they know each other.." Kasumi went on whispering as she couldn't get if Cobra looked angry or sad.

"People change. We change as we continue living." Noboru said "If it was you what would you do?" he added.

"Noboru. Come back to us." Cobra told him remembering what had happened and looking half worried and half sad for his friend.

"I'll give you one more chance. If you refuse to work under us disband the Hoodlum Squad." Noboru said and left.

Cobra remained sitting. He didn't get it yet, how Noboru could fall so low. And how did the Iemura now appeared on the game.

Thou his thoughts were cut short, as Kasumi appeared and sat next to him. She gave him a drink that she bought from the store next to them. Cobra gazed at her, and took the drink. He opened it and had a sip, not saying anything.

"Why are you here again?" Cobra asked her emotionless.

"I was walking by!" she said while gazing at the ground. "Was that a friend?" she asked.

"Hmm.. Childhood friend. Noboru!" Cobra simply said.

"What's wrong with him..." Kasumi tried to ask "I mean what's his story?" She knew that Cobra wouldn't answer her. But anyway she asked him.

"Noboru was nothing like us. We grow up together. If you meet him before, he would fit more to your world. He was suppose to do great things. He was our pride. He was studying to become a Lawyer. He meet Miho. Miho got assaulted, and he beat up those who did it. He went to jail ..now he works for the Iemura..." Cobra said. And it was like he was more talking to himself than answering at Kasumi. But Kasumi got her answer.

Kasumi had never seen Cobra like that. Although angry Cobra was scarier, she liked him more, than lost Cobra. "And what is the issue here?" Kasumi questioned. "As you said he was through a lot. So maybe he lost his way. He may need time and his friends to understand!" Kasumi suggested. Next, she stood up and through the can away. She waved at him bye and left.

Cobra gazed at her as she was leaving. That odd girl had a point indeed. But to find the right way Cobra as the others would need their time.


Yamato was with Chiharu at the Itokan Diner, trying to fixing the rest of it. Chiharu took off his jacket and lean it against the table. Though something took Yamato's attention. It was the metal case with the SD card. Yamato was sure. It looked like the case that Dan described. He took it out and showed it at Chiharu. Though Chiharu didn't wait to explain, he simply ran off. Leaving a very puzzled Yamato. Yamato didn't say anything about that event to anyone. He wanted to hear first Chiharu's explanation.

Around the White Rascals district, Tettsu with Dan started looking for Lala. They needed to find answers soon, or things could become scarier. They both split up and went on looking for the girl that caused everything. But for his bad luck he came across with the White Rascals. They went after him. Dan ran and ran. Until he found himself hiding at the nameless street. He found Lala and followed her, soon he come cross a factory. He went inside. Seemed that they were making a new kind of drug the scariest thing was he found Chiharu there. Confused and worried Dan took the way back to the Sannoh district to tell them what he had seen.

Meantime at the Sannoh area, Tettsu had already notified everyone that he couldn't find Dan. Cobra, Yamato and everyone gathered to go and find them. Though suddenly the noticed that Dan was with them. "Were are we going?" he asked. Cobra that was worried about him fixed his collar and turned around. He was just glad to see him alive. Everyone returned at the Itokan Diner, where Dan had a lot of new facts to add.

((Next:: Act Five))