You are the only one for me!

High & Low ~ The story of S.W.O.R.D.~

"Let's talk outside!" someone mandated Cobra.

The Hoodlum Squad's Leader widened his gazes and fixed him on him. Those few days none dared to talk to Cobra. He was spaced out and heart broken. However, his act was cruel and harsh. He followed him outside of Itokan Diner. "What do you want?" he uttered strongly.

The guy who had turned the back on Cobra, suddenly turned around and lifted his fist. His arm expanded and he Cobra against his face crushing him against the nearby wall and glared at him. Next he stood few steps away ready to attack again.

Cobra pounded against the wall, the impact was forceful and his back ached. He pressed his thumb and clean the drop of blood that appeared against his lips. "Teme... (You... Bast****) he cried out and jumped back asserting his balance and grabbing Hiroto from his leather Jacket.

Hiroto answered back grabbing him with extreme force from his shirt and pulling him closer. "Why are you doing this?" he shouted at him striking him one more time roughly.

Cobra crushed against the ground and he pulled himself up. "What is your problem, Amamiya?" he cried out and unleashed against him.

They exchanged a few punches and kicks. Hiroto dodged most of the blows, yet Cobra received most of Hiroto's . They fight became serious after a while. Hiroto had his reason to go after Cobra. And Cobra answered back. He was not sure why Hiroto would show up dueling with him. But it surely was helping the hollowness he was feeling inside him.

Their encounter was slowly drawing attention. Naomi, Nikka, Dan, Tettsu and Chiharu who were already inside Itokan Diner stepped out and were watching speechless the fight. Naomi signed Chiharu to go and get Yamato. A few seconds later Chiharu returned with Yamato and Noboru, who went into shock watching them fight. The news that Cobra and Hiroto were fight was out. Soon, Murayama, Rocky, Takeshi and Hyuga showed up. Yet, no one really interfered to stop them. It was like if everyone would want to beat Cobra for being such a jerk towards Kasumi.

When Kohaku showed up he tried to stop the fight. Yet, Masaki grabbed him and pulled him back shaking his head. Hiroto's elder brother had also just arrived. Soon the duel seemed more chaotic. Cobra started to look messy as Hiroto strikes were bringing him on his knees. At some point Hiroto pulled back and attacked jumping up and landing with a front punch that send Cobra bump against the wall again only this time his back hit with a stronger force against the wall. He groaned and wrecked against the ground.

Hiroto panting walked over and glared at him "If you keep going at this rate you will lose. I am not sure what happened, but you have to reconsider at least talk to Kasumi." Hiroto stated as he caught now everyone attention.

Cobra tried to seat up and leaned against the wall. His expression changed as Kasumi's name was brought up. He felt his heart aching again and a rare sadness appeared in his face.

Noboru stepped in "Cobra we all thought you were to much. Kasumi almost resigned from her internship!" he said, making Cobra to pause and listen at him.

"Daro (Exactly!)" interfered Dan "And she stopped showing up to class."

"She called me too that she will not work any longer. I was surprised. But after I found out that you broke up with her it made sense. You overdid it, Baka!" Rocky chipped in.

Takeshi said "She stopped the training too, with me and Hiroto!"

Hiroto gave a light nod as he was gaining his breath back. "She did not want to do anything or see anyone! You were too much!"

Cobra though she would sobbing and she would be sad but withdraw from the world, that sounded not like Kasumi at all. He rose his head and gazed at Hiroto this time serious and worried. Yet, he was stubborn and would not change his mind easy.

Yamato knelt closer to him and grabbed him from his shoulder "Cobra! Get back to us! What happened with you!" he yelled.

Cobra pushed him away from him and stood up. He cleaned his bloody lips with his jacket sleeve. "She will be better with out me!" he mumbled and tried to walk away.

Yet Kohaku seized his arm and glared at him "Cobra! You are wrong!" he shouted.

"She already reached her limit!" Masaki added gazing at him.

Cobra paused and gazed at him serious. He freed himself from Kohaku's grip and stumbled over were Masaki was "What do you mean?" he asked him.

"She did not sleep, eat or drink for days. She collapsed and is now in the hospital. She will be fine. But, what will happened if she gets out again!" Hiroto blurted out pinning his gaze against him.

"Your thinking of helping Kasumi was more her downfall, Cobra-chan!" Murayama said gazing him in earnest.

"I thought that the leader of Sannoh Rengokai was maturing. Yet, he is now a bigger fool!" Hyuga added seriously.

Cobra slowly awoke from the darkness that he was dwelling in. If he had caused so much pain to Kasumi, indeed he was a jerk. He only wanted to help her succeed and open her wings. How did things end up that way. He almost lost his balance as Hiroto grabbed him. "Were is she?" he quizzed in a guilty tone.

"Come I will drive you!" Hiroto told him and climbed on his bike. Cobra followed him.


Cobra rushed into the room that Hiroto pointed him. At first he stopped in front of the room's door. He hesitated to open the door. Was he even allowed to see her, after he caused so much pain? He could not breathe from the guild that slowly rose inside him. Yet, he decided to deal with his demons and the pain and stepped into the room. It took him a few deep breaths and gathering all his stamina to look at Kasumi.

Kasumi was there laying on the bed. She was still unconscious. She looked pale, a ghostly expression was shown on her face. She seemed worn out and real sick. His heart broke one more time, as he was the one that made her like that. Hiroto should beat him more for being the source of Kasumi's pain. He was suppose to protect her. What was he thinking?

After few long minutes, he found the strength and walked over to her side. He sad down and leaned over her softly her hair of her face. His eyes teared up and his soul bittern. "There was a time I thought I was obsessed of you. I liked you, yet it was not love. I was wrong!" he whispered under his breath still running his fingers through her hair. "For when people give freely of their love it can scare you. Why? Do we obsess over clean water when it is plentiful? Or when it is measured, when we fear its removal, fear thirst? So even if you took up so much of my brain, I slowly felt you gave more than you took. It was hard to see that, but it's true. There was more for you out there. More than I could give you."

He wiped few of his tears away and pinned his guilty star on Kasumi. "There was a whole world you could conquer. And there you were stack next to me in Sannoh. I moved fast and tried to make you mine. Because I knew or at least I thought I knew when you spread your wings. You would be gone! I am not proud of what I did. Looking at my result, I was the biggest fool. Because, I cannot let you go! How could I let you. When I am so in love with you!" Cobra confessed as he felt his heart seizing at his foolish act and being sure Kasumi had not heard him. He had to explain so much to her. He knew she would not forgive him. After all he would never forgive himself.

"Cobra-san bakadesu?" Kasumi mumbled as she tried to opened her eyes. She had heard clearly Cobra, yet she was weary and need her time to wake up. "And Kasumi too, for not seeing through his actions. That's what you were worried about! Baka!" she said to him as she grabbed his hand.

Cobra was taken by surprise. He touched his chest "Yokatta! (Thankfully!" was his first response. Seeing Kasumi awoken and speaking was his first priority. His reddish eyes rested against her as he wrapped his arms around her and kept her close. "I was not a fool, I was a total jerk!" he admitted holding her even closer scared that she would melt away.

Kasumi cracked a smile "No! You were a fool! Did you thought that sending me away would make me stronger. Corba-san never understood he was my strength!" Kasumi revealed.

Cobra blinked few times in awe. He was not sure if the blows from Hiroto made him hear things, or if Kasumi was actually speaking. "How? There is nothing for you in Sannoh. There is a bigger world out there for Kasumi." he honestly spoke his believes.

"Baka!" Kasumi shouted with a weak voice and smacked his head. "Before I arrived at Sannoh I could not even leave home. Now, I managed to face my father. To find myself and go on with my dream. I felt I could withstand anything, since i have my strength with me. The Baka-leader!" she complained.

Cobra listened at her as Kasumi explained him how deeply she admired him. For her Cobra, Sannoh, SWORD and the friends were her world, her home. She slowly had more than she would ever ask. Why would she want to go away? She was not stupid. Indeed she was scared to reveal how much she liked Cobra. That's why she took it slowly. She thought she was sure he was feeling the same. She never thought, he would lose his confident that easy.

Cobra snuggled against her and he kept her close. "Never forgive me!" he whispered in her ear. As he was holding her even closer.

"I am not planning to forgive you. You are so in trouble when I get out. And you request to break up! Its refused. Deal with that!" she as she looked at his face.

His heart was able to pounce again. Things could easy turn worse. Yet, Kasumi was not holding grudges. It was not because she had a bigger heart. Yet, how could she hate the man she loved and adored. He nodded and kept her close kissing her forehead.

Kasumi rose an eyebrow "What happened to your face? Did you get beaten?" she quizzed confused. "I was laying here sick and you were playing?" she complained.

"That's not it! Hiroto showed up and beat some sense to me!" Cobra informed her.

Kasumi giggled "Right! Oh! He was worried about me?"

Cobra nodded "Everyone was. All were against me! Cobra was wrong this time, they said. Kasumi was right!"

"Really! I like that!" she cracked a smile and tried to kiss him back he could not lean closer.

Cobra pushed her hair away and leaned over her softly kissing her. He was not sure but as he kissed it seemed like Kasumi said "I love you!"

Outside the room everyone had gathered and they were spying on them. The hospital hall was filled with all kind of people from SWORD, that acted like fan-girls. And only when they were sure that finally 'Baka-Cobra' and 'strong-Kasumi' were again together they slowly withdrew. At least for the time being both fools admitted their feeling and clearly said they liked each other.

"See what happens if the couple is amateur in love!"

((Next:: Act Thirty-Two))


More than anything, thank you for taking the time to read this!