An obsolete rival

High & Low ~ The story of S.W.O.R.D.~

And so it began. Sannoh Rengokai were the first that took the rocky road to go meet with Kohaku and deal with the Mighty Warriors. There was no possibility to let Kohaku ruin SWORD. They leaped on their motorbikes like it was a daily ritual. Cobra seated behind the over-sized fairing. Next he turned the key and just sat for a moment, listening to the purr of the engine. It was a solid machine and comfortable, a touring model. When the time was right, he simply drove off. The rest followed. Kasumi did not stay behind. Even if the leader of Hoodlum Squad told her to remain behind.

Once thy reached the bay close to the Mighty Warriors district. Everyone disregarded speed limits, opening the throttle wide. Cobra was riding in the middle and the rest of the Sannoh Rengokai followed. They were not big in numbers, yet their fighting skills where super. On their way there they met Murayama. He was heading to face them too. Murayama had found slowly himself. He was growing to become a great leader. He also supported Cobra a lot. Furuya and Seki joined him. Cobra and the others pause their bikes as they noticed the three from Oya high.

"Yo, Cobra-chan!" call the leader of Oya High. Kasumi cracked a smile, calling him Cobra-chan only Murayama could say that.

Cobra's feet touched the ground with his bike's engine still running "Murayama!" he noted in a deep echoing voice.

"You guys, is it only the three of you?" asked Dan.

"You guys have also not many with you. Oya High is not any longer involved with this." said clearly Murayama.

"What do you mean?" asked Yamato.

And Furuya notified him that they were about to graduate. And proudly the leader of Oya High voiced "How could I bring them in such dangerous fight."

The leader of Sannoh Rengokai appeared amused by Murayama's action. He understood what Murayama meant. After all he would do the same if Dan, Tettsu and Chiharu didn't want to follow. Murayama had grown a lot as a person and as a leader. With that thought Cobra and the rest drifted off. Behind them two huge tracks appeared. Todoroki had gathered everyone from Oya High and followed their Leader. Murayama didn't agree at first but only a hand sign of Todoroki was enough to have him agree. Next in the same road White Rascals, Rude Boys and Daruma Ikka joined.

SWORD was finally answering back!

The same evening SWORD had reached the ground of the Mighty Warriors district. They parked they bikes and climbed off their bikes. In the middle stood Cobra leading the team. After all he was the one that kept SWORD together. On the other side gathered the Mighty warriors and Doubt Gang (as Kohaku had ordered them.) The bad thing was that they were outnumbering SWORD. Ice signed and the battle started. First doubt and last the Mighty Warriors run towards SWORD.

Next Cobra with a deadly look on his face and killer gaze shouted "Asa" and SWORD stormed against their foe. The front line was covered by doubt members. They weren't a major threat but they were too many. Cobra jumped landing with a first kick, soon the second and the third followed. Everyone suddenly dashed in like a poor wildness. The battle had began. Above the rainbow bridge were the two twins. They were informing the rest in Itokan Diner what was going on. The Strawberry Milk girls waited for Junko's result. Junko, as well as Naomi, knew it was not a fight they could manage. Junko told them to stay down. The only positive thing was that Shiba and Oshiage were narrating them through the fight.

SWORD spread along the area. They were all fighting on their own way. Chiharu was helped many times by Furuya and the leader of Oya High. Rocky did the same by helping Yamato. But Yamato could only note that "I thought you only rescued woman". Rocky smiled "Shut up." and they went on fighting. In the other side Cobra twisted and appeared suddenly helping the leader of Daruma Ikka. Kasumi had also joined them. It was her first official fight and she would not stand down. She teamed up with Tettsu and Dan. Something had changed between SWORD they were fighting like a team now.

A far scared of bright lights hung in the bat-black sky. Pointing where the fight took place. As they drove closer, smells of Titian-red blood filled the air as men wailed and screamed. The fight had started, S.W.O.R.D. were answering back at the latest threats that the Mighty Warriors had given them. When the fight seemed to have reached the lowest. More doubt members entered the scene. And winning was like an unreachable dream. It was in that point when the Amamiya brother appeared. Like a storm of arrows that buzzing and fizzing through the battle area, all two motorcycles cut through. Their present causing most of the Rivals to back off like waves. Their arrival was most than welcome. The outcome right away changed.

Everyone from S.W.O.R.D. burst farther into the main area. Each gang dropped in for their own reason. Cobra and Yamato to deal with Kohaku. The White Rascals to save the girls that Doubt allured. The Rude boys to rescue Lala. The septic smell of sweet hung over the fighting field. It was a fight of head-clasping horror. The acrid taste of blood rose up every minute.

Ukyo and Sakyo manage to shut the road, as they dropped a cargo container. Before the cargo reached the ground, Amamiya brothers passed under it. The battle leveled up to a second base. Masaki and Hiroto hit and punched through some doubt members. Both brothers covered the scene.

Kasumi froze for a second and gazed around her. She felt a goosebumps through her spine as they roam through the fight zone. She was never part in a fight in a multi encounter like that one. She wasn't scared, nothing could terrorize her these days. Mostly she would avoid any kind of trouble, first due to her work and secondly it wasn't her business to save the world. Though the pounding and pummeling blows and hits under a seamless sky, got her heart rate to advance. In a bizarre way getting her alive. She fought her way through following the Sannoh Rengokai.

Suddenly, their way was blogged. More doubt guys showed, followed by Ice. Hiroto and Masaki pause. As Ice stood in the middle gazing at Hiroto. He had already made up his mind and wanted to fight with him. "We meet again. Let's settle this." he announced as he cracked his neck.

"Brother, Take care of the rest." said Hiroto as he got the hint. But he wanted also to fight with Ice.

Hiroto's and Ice's duel had already started, as the first plug against Hiroto. Since both were skilled, their combat had reached another level. Their punches and kicks had a different impact on their bodies. The sound of fracturing and rupturing hits filled the area. They gave a different sensation as they kept fighting each other. Pain was just an illusory sensation for both of them. That their minds could shut down if it needed to. They could simply put it aside.

Next to them was fighting Masaki as the Doubt members with fire sticks had surrounded him. Another fight that wasn't easy. Yet, their abilities were far lower than Masaki's. He could stand his ground and that was noticeable. He didn't need to put much effort to over power them.

"Come!" said Hiroto as he cracked a smile. The fight with Ice indeed was a rough one. But he enjoyed it. He dwell deep into the fight, not noticing anything else. Of course his first reason was to save Lala. Though, he could have some fun before doing so. Ice was the same. He was overwhelmed by the fight. "Interesting." he commented and went on with the attacks.

Cobra, Yamato and the others had reached the front yard of Funk Jungle Club. They came across Bernie and Pearl. They had to pass through them to reach Kohaku. It was only then when Cobra noticed Kasumi following them. He had not time to argue with her, but it was clear he was irritated. How could she just run into such a serious fight. He signaled Tettsu and Dan to keep around her. Kasumi avoided to face him. She was sure how raged he would be.

The rest of the SWORD and the Mighty Warriors were also fighting more serious now. But things became dangerous inside the club. Kohaku attacked openly, and dragged Tsukumo into the fight. He was madly beating him, until he threw him through the glass against the lower floor. Things looked bad, he was about to serious injure Tsukumo. When a kick from Yamato broke the fight.

"I will fight you Kohaku-san" voiced Cobra serious. Kohaku had lost himself due his guild for losing his dear friend. Cobra could not longer stand down and let him walk in his self distraction. He as well as Yamato cared about Kohaku. He was their mentor and close friend. The real fight had started. From there on things went badly. They couldn't easily fight with Kohaku. The man was pure steel. Cobra, Yamato and Tsukumo all three couldn't deal with him. One punch after the other came in, one kick after the other.

Suddenly, Kohaku grabbed Cobra by his neck. Kohaku's grip was one of the strongest. Cobra pushed him off with all his force and managed to make him only more angry as he told him "Mugen always stand by their friends"

After that hell was released. The fight moved to another level. The kicks and punches were only aiming to kill. Kohaku was like a beast. All three of them were beaten many times. Their faces and bodies filled with bruises and blood. In the end Yamato with Cobra were holding Kohaku, and Cobra yelled "Come to your senses!"

Yet, nothing worked. They hits became more serious. Until Cobra gathered his fist (after Yamato ) and jumped against Kohaku punching with all his force. Kohaku crushed against the ground with Cobra following. Cobra sat up gazing at his knuckles that were filled with blood. "Enough Kohaku-san. We were waiting for you."
he said. Kohaku that had reached his limit and had slowly starting to return to his senses. Cobra beaten up walked over and gave him the keys of the bike. It was only then when Kohaku cried out that he had killed his friend.

The car was aiming to hit Kohaku and Tatsuya saved him. It was always eating Kohaku. He hated changes and could not easy adjust in his new reality. A reality with out Tatsuya. He blamed himself for losing his dear friend. He was not only afraid of changes. It was a deeper wound. Cobra, Yamato and Tsukumo were there showing him that he was wrong. Trying to remind him what he told them. Destroying SWORD would not bring Tatsuya back. His ways were wrong. And Kohaku knew it deep down. And he had just found himself. It would take time to stand back up. Yet, he was on his right senses. That meant SWORD had won and the fight was over.

Cobra and Yamato walked outside. Badly beaten both of them. Yamato yelled at them and Cobra rose his hand. That meant the fight was over and they had won. The Hoodlum Squad stopped fighting and joined him. They were cheering and surrounded Cobra. He smiled at them and cast a glare towards Kasumi. First he was checking if she was unharmed. Thankfully, she was covered with a few bruises. Tettsu and Dan were all the time close by. Nevertheless they would have a long talk when they reached home.

The new traveled fast and and the fights slowly stopped. The only ones dueling still were Hiroto and Ice. "Looks like it's over." Hiroto murmured out of breath and well beaten.

Iced still fired up, wouldn't stop. "It doesn't matter!" he said keeping the fight going.

"Hiroto! Seriously, you guys are still fighting." Masaki showed up behind Hiroto.

"Kohaku, lost!" Pearl notified Ice as he showed his thumb down. Iced and Hiroto pause the fight. Though Ice was still into the mood to fight more. He kicked the barrel next to him, trying to calm down.

Nine added "Let's make a new plan." His team was trying to get him back to his senses.

"Ice, there is no point continuing this." Bernie said.

"We won't gain any money from it." Pearl agreed as he was bent against the ground resting "Let's go for the next one."

But he still walked forward to face Hiroto. "Ice!" Sarah called him last. Only that made him give up.

"Then that's how it is. See you soon, bro!" Iced gave his salute towards Hiroto as he kept his eyes pinned on him. The Mighty Warriors retreated. Masaki walked next to Hiroto as he cracked a smile, breathing heavily.

With the battle now over. Hiroto and Masaki went to save Lala. After all the main reason they were there was Lala. Hiroto opened the door. Thankfully only Lala and the rest of the girls were inside the cargo. He knelt down and help her to get up. Behind him was Masaki.

"Its alright now." Hiroto said in a softer tone. He seemed calm. Yet, inside he was worried. He could not forget how Doubt grabbed her easily. Seeing her alive was heartwarming.

"How is Aniki?" Lala asked.

Hiroto helped her to balance "You should see on your own. Let's take you back home!"

Masaki tapped his shoulder laughing "Baka, we do not have extra seats on our bikes!" he reminded him.

Lala tilted her head confused "You are the only ones riding? How odd?" she commended.

Hiroto frowned at his brother "Then you will ride with the rude boys!" he said. For once he wished he would have an extra seat on his bike.

Last, White Rascals, Rude Boys and Daruma Ikka had gathered were their vehicles were. They were waiting Cobra and the rest. Soon Cobra, Yamato and the others arrived. "It's not over yet!" said Hyuga who was resting against the frond area of his car.

"Huh!?" Cobra asked him beaten gazing with an angry face. He wasn't really angry at the moment, but his facial expression looked like it.

Takeshi interfered to notify them that "It wasn't Kohaku the one who set the Nameless City into fire."

"It was the Kuryu and Chanson" added Rocky who was sitting on his bike.

Hyuga sat up "I am only saying that everyone has to be careful. Tell that to your people too." he said pointing at the rude boys.

Yamato flipped "Why are you giving orders?"

A fight was ready to unleash between them as Murayama showed up with the others "Wait a second." he said.

"Hey, Murayama!" Furuya tried to hold him back. But the Oya High leader wouldn't listen.

"Hey, Cobra-chan..." Murayama said as he crossed through the SWORD gangs and come face to face with Cobra "I want to quit Oya High and join Sannoh Rengokai."

Everyone was lost yelling "Huh?" they were confuse of Oya High Leader's words.

Cobra sighed and smiled letting his head fall back he asked Chiharu "What do you think?" He Knew Murayama was joking. Or better he was the reason that they didn't argue.

"I don't want that." Chiharu said as Tettsu tapped his shoulder. Everyone giggled and laughed in cheery mood.

Murayama just told them that he was joking. "You believed it. Good work." he said and waved them goodbye.

The fight was over, and SWORD had won. But the war wasn't. There were more problems to raise, more deadly enemies to come cross. But for now everything was put an ease. Some peaceful moments would follow, before the storm would wake up again, and spread more terror.

The Rude Boys, The Amamiya Brothers, and Lala drove back at the Nameless city. The Amamiya brothers returned to find out about the older brother. It was almost dawn as they parked their bikes in frond of the place where Smokey was resting. Hiroto entered first, to talk with Smokey. Takeshi helped Smokey seat up. After Smokey ensured that his sister was alright, he told Hiroto everything he knew about his brother.

"Thank you." said Lala as Hiroto was about to leave.

"Save the greeting for your brother!" he said as he gave a last look at Smokey.

"Are you going to meet him?" Smokey wanted to know.

Hiroto nodded "That's why we've been trying to find him."

Neither Hiroto or Masaki knew then. How different things would get at their parents death anniversary. The brother leaped on the bikes and drove off.

Cobra, Yamato and the rest reached the Sannoh district all beaten but alive. They were walking through the Sannoh main straight when Kasumi showed up next to him. The others were informed by the twins that SWORD had won. True be told, she was worried about Cobra. As Cobra was beaten more than ever.

"Are you okay?" Kasumi whispered closed to him.

"I'll live!" he said while smoking. It was the first time Kasumi witnessed Cobra smoke.

"Hino-san are you smoking!" she asked him.

"Oi! call me one more time that and you are dead." he glared at her. There were a lot they had to talk. Even tired and beaten up he would not let it slide. "We have to talk!" he spoke under his breath.

Kasumi nodded and drop her gaze. She knew Cobra was angry with her. It was all written on his face. They reached at his room. Cobra unlocked the door and walked inside. He simply sat at a chair next by. Kasumi could annoying and worry him the same time. Yet, more of all she was confusing him. There was no one else who could get Cobra's attention as she did.

He pinned his dark eyes against her, his voice deep and cold "Oi! Kasumi, How did this happened?" he questioned her. "A small fight isn't a big deal, you can take them. Yet, today's battle was different!"

Kasumi leaned against the desk next to Cobra. She bit her lips and listened at him. "I Know! I know!" she spoke with out thinking. "It was dangerous. Yet, how could I stay out! I am a Sannoh Rengokai member, ain't I?" she said smiling. She was trying hard not to argue with Cobra. They were fighting always. But lately, it was like they could understand each other.

"Kasumi this has nothing to do with being or not a Sannoh Member. You simply acted on your own!" he uttered glaring at the short girl in front of him.

"I told you I would not stay behind! Cobra-san can you not understand..." she spoke to him formally.

"Stop it already! You should be mature enough to know when to take part in a fight Kasumi!" he said as his face lost the rudeness, as his cuts were aching his injured body.

Kasumi smashed her right hand on the desk to get his attention "I know when to fight! Yet, I own Hoodlum Squad a lot. You think I could stay behind and let you all go in a fight. A fight that was affecting your lives. I cannot do that Cobra-san. You can be angry at me. Yet, when things are serious I will fight!" she declared openly. In that place she found more than home and friends. She already felt worse for lying at them. And that she was related with the Iemura. She needed to prove herself. Or so she thought.

Cobra shook his head realizing why Kasumi was so fired up. She had the need to ensure them that she was one of them. "What will change with that? If your fight or not, there are so many ways to answer to us." he acknowledged and patted her on the shoulder "Baka you already proven you are one of us! Do not set yourself in any more dangers!"

"Nay! I haven't! I want to ensure you all I am on your side! I mean.. I want to fight by your side Cobra-san!" she said dropping her gaze against the ground.

Cobra lifted his eyebrow and titled just a bit his head. His ashed blond hair waved as a light smile showed on his face. It was not an every day talk to have someone loudly admitting that they want to fight on your side. And although, he knew that Kasumi supported Hoodlum Squad. It was differently as she simply admitted to want to fight next to him.

"Baka, you cannot run around and have it your way." Cobra simply pushed her. It was a sign he did around his friends. And Kasumi already won her spot next to him. As a loyal friend.

She smiled at him "You look awful! Let me clean your wounds!" And Cobra agreed.

Kasumi was trying not to stare at his face but she kept finding her eyes had diverted to it. One moment they were obediently on his black eyes and the next they were rested on the bloody mess of his face; so ordinary in fact that she could not recall what it had looked like. She bit her lips and did not say anything about his wounds. Cobra was not allowing her to get in any danger. Yet, he was the one who drove himself into any type of danger. Kasumi was not sure when it started. She had an issue noting Cobra injured and in pain. It was a sadness in her eyes, a heaviness, an unyielding sorrow that slowed her speech and robbed her of her once easy smile. She went on cleaning his wounds and nothing further was spoken that night.

((Next:: Act Seventeen))