Rude Boys' Leader is no more

High & Low ~ The story of S.W.O.R.D.~

"Prepare to leave this place." Smoky disclosed. After Kuryu Group showed around the Nameless city searching for the Rude Boys' Leader. no-one was saved. At least until they would get what they wanted. Smoky. How could he watched his family get hurt.

P was rattled as his brows knitted in a frown. "Are you throwing away the Nameless Street?" Takeshi questioned as his forehead puckered.

"No! If we leave, there's nowhere else we can go!" young Eri uttered her lips primped.

Smoky prowled closer to them and tried to explain "We have always lived for someone else. We, who only lived while helping each other have all dreamed for others. From now on, instead of dreaming for others, I want you to dream for yourselves. At a new place."

Eri-chan stepped forward "But I want to stay here. I want to stay with everyone forever!"

"Eri, don't worry. Everyone will be together forever. If it's the us we are now, we can survive anywhere." Smoky ensured her.

Meanwhile, the Iemura made themselves noticeable. Even Kasumi's father showed up "Find Rude Boys' leader. His disease is undoubtedly dark." he ordered as his men spread through the nameless streets. Bulldozer, Diggers and other large, powerful tractors having a vertical blades showed up to demolish the Nameless city. The heavy machines did not care if people were living inside the ruins. They just teared down bit by bit the nameless city until they would find Smoky.

"Lala go!" Takeshi yelled as the noticed the machines pulling down the building close to them. Lala and Eri were crying out for Smoky as the rest pulled her with them.

"Takeshi, you too." Smoky requested with a deep-seated tone.

"What about Smoky?" Takeshi asked him as he was the last one that stayed behind with Smoky.

"Those guys won't stop at all costs." he acknowledged as a light smile showed in his face "Please... Take care of everyone."

"Smoky.." mumbled Takeshi as he understood what his leader was about to do.

"Go!" he said lastly to Takeshi. Takeshi nodded and left. It was not easy to agree. To leave you leader behind, your close friend and your family. Yet, there was no other way. Sometimes one had to sacrifice themselves to save the majority. The leader of Rude Boys turned around and strolled off to meet with the foe. Iemura men caught more of the people that were living in the nameless city and kept them hidden. Kirinji came face to face with Baba and captured him. Of course he did not know exactly how important Baba was. But, the only witnessed, was now in the hands of the enemy.

During the intervening time Kohaku, Tsukumo Cobra and Kasumi were driving from the southwest to reach the nameless city. Cobra managed to catch his breath back and he arched his head forward and the straight ahead. He was gazing in front of him and his arms were still wrapped around Kasumi tightly. It was a gestured that proved to both that he was alive. From the North side the Amamiya brothers were urged on their bikes to reach also the nameless city. They were informed about the Iemura's plans and that Smoky was in danger. Hiroto never admitted it, yet he thought Smoky as a friend.

Smoky paused at a large ruined warehouse, while dust and sparks of ashes feel from the sky. Behind him Nikaido appeared "Your eyes have changed." he said suddenly walking closer to Smoky.

"I didn't think you would come back here." Smoky responded as he rotated to his left and addressed him.

"It's not like I wanted to. The Red Rum factory I tried so hard to maintain got transferred to Little Asia." Nikaido said as his eyes pinned against Smoky.

"Shion admired you like an older brother. You took that for granted." the leader of the Rude Boys uttered.

"I'm just using whatever I can." was the Iemura's member response.

"How does it feel to kill someone?" Smoky questioned.

"Not bad. As long as this town exists, my past won't disappear." Nikaido informed him with out a shame in his words. Next he pulled out a thick blade and stepped forward.

Smoky asked him "Did you come to kill me?"

"It's an order from the top. I have no choice." he answered.

Soon, Kirinji showed up with the other members of the Iemura. "There you are!" he said as he and the men were facing Smokey in front of them.

"Neh! Smoky..." puzzled Nikaido "Why do you keep refusing to give up this place?"

"You wouldn't understand. Kain." Smoky replied with a smile. And he was right. There was no way that Nikaido would understand that. Either Kirinji or anyone from Kuryu Group. Maybe it took a special kind of soul or just the need to be human. Nothing more or less. And Kuryu group was known for their inhuman behavior.

"Don't say that name." Nikaido shouted and stepped his feet with force against the ground ordering Kirinji and the others to attack.

"That night was just as cold. The day I was abandoned in this city, I was forgotten by someone. However, I came to know a real family here. A family that is connected by a powerful bond. Believing in the future, I was able to live happily with my family. Truly, I've lived the best life." Smoky mumbled to himself. As he had turned to face Kirinji and the others. Kuryu followers surrounded him and Smoky accepts his fate with a smile.


Lala was lost in time, as she noticed Smoky leaning against the ground at the middle of the ruined building. He had fought and lost his life. She was seeking any kind of life. She was blinded by the tears in her eyes. Relief, Comfort and Peace refused her, as her brother was dead. While this pain continued to abuse her. He had to wake up, please, he cannot be dead. This grief, this pain, it must not be fed. Her body could not breathe and she was all chocked up. How could this reality be true?

The grief surged with every expelled breath and tears spilled from Takeshi's eyes into the ground. As he was leaning next to Smoky holding him into his arms. Always reaching higher peaks, never sufficiently soothed by his long intakes of the damp spring air. He gazed at his long close friend, his leader and family. Smoky was no more. In that moment the sure knowledge that life would go on without him, that time was only stopped for him, undid him completely.

Yet, it was not any different for P  and Yu. Both pretense of quiet coping was lost and they sank to the damp silence and the long grief. Their bodies frail and tied into knots. Their bind blanked as they could to accept that easy what they were facing in front of them. How could they kill a human being? For what ever reason, how did that make him less human? How did that mean he didn't need to breathe? How did that make his human right to live null and void? Really, how could they play God and decide who lives and who dies?

Seconds later from the east part, where the large rusted metal door was, came into view Hiroto and Masaki. They froze at the right side gazing at the lifeless body of Smoky and Lala that was crying with out stop. The scene reminded them of Takeru. It gave them this heavy feeling that's like the weight of the world is resting on their shoulders and there was nothing they could do to get out from under it. Masaki dropped his gaze against the floor, feeling an emptiness. As for Hiroto the view was hard to bear watching. It was not only the cold body of Smoky, but Lala's grief and sorrow that made his heart break. All the strength he owned, could not help bring her brother back. How unfair could this world be?

Suddenly, Tsukumo and Kasumi strolled inside followed by Cobra. He leaned against Kohaku and stormed inside with all his remaining energy and stamina. He had a light hope that they would be on time. That they could help the Rude Boy's leader. "Where is Smoky?" he questioned as he could hardly balance himself. Masaki signed at him pointing at Smoky and Lala. Kohaku and Tsukumo also froze next to the Amamiya brothers. A nothingness filled their hearts and they felt grief slowly grow inside them.

Kasumi walked few steps forward from where the group of four stood. Lala crying against her dead brother. She felt like this hole in her heart that was the shape of the one that was lost and that made her feel the need to wipe away any non-existent tears that she wanted to form; but could not. Because, there was not only despair that felt her heart, but pure rage. She heard it clearly that they Iemura were sent to deal with Smoky. She gathered her fists and turned around storming out. Her mind was set to deal with the one that caused that pain. Yet, she was stopped by Kohaku as he grabbed her arm and shook his head pulling her back inside.

Cobra's reaction was different than most times. He did not feel anger or rage at that moment. His soul was howling, searching for for some place to shelter in, just for a moment. The pain of his aching body felt not that serious, as the deep pain in his heart. All the grief showed in his face as he gazed at Smoky. The grief came in waves and threatened to consume him entirely. It was his master, for now. He was at the mercy of it's whims and at times it bit at him with such ferocity he feared it would leave him an empty shell.

They grieved and mourned for a long time. Until they could bury Smoky at the place were he left his last breath. A wooden cross was placed above his body and few more of the Rude Boys showed. They surrounded the grave as they were trying to accept their leaders death. But how could they really move on. Indeed they were in danger as the Kuryu Group had not finished with the nameless city. There was evil doings they had planned for that forsaken land. And suddenly mourning seemed like a luxury that nameless city citizens were not offered.


"Hey. Is it really fine like this? This place is going to explode soon." Masaki asked Hiroto in a low tone as he stepped to his younger brother.

Hiroto, with both his hands crossed against his chest answered "I'm telling you, here is fine." For once he could read through the lines. He could understand the pain of Smoky's friends and family. Masaki did not get it. Yet, it was different for Hiroto. He shared some serious moments with Smoky. He knew and he knew it well, the man and the leader that he was. "Here is Fine!" he repeated as he exhaled cold air. "To him, this is heaven." he added.

"We won't give up. That's what Smoky said." Takeshi reminded them as Lala was still crying next to him collapsed on the ground. Cobra was still speechless listening at Takeshi who repeated what Smoky had said "'If it's the us we are now, we can survive anywhere. If it's you guys, you'll be okay.'" Smoky signed him to take care of the family now. Even if the grief was unbearable, he had slowly to give them hope. He had to make sure, he could protect them. "'You've grown up learning in this place. Do not ever give up. You guys always fly higher than anyone else.'" he added. Next he pushed himself up "I won't forgive anyone who hurts my family. We're following in Smoky's footsteps. That's why we can't ever give up." he told them in soft and clear tone.

"Yeah." agreed Yu. P  nodded trying to hide his tears. And Lala was also on her feet. Their life was never easy. Since they were young, they had to fight through life. Now it was not different. Their had to bit into their own wounds and stand. It was not only to take revenge for Smoky, or to protect their people. It was because it was the way they lived. They could not give up. Even it was shuttering their hearts into small pieces. They had to stand on their feet and fly higher.

Kohaku stepped closer behind him and with a calm voice talked to him "Cobra. Nothing will change if you stoop to Kuryu level." Of all the people Kohaku had witnessed what it meant to fall on their level. He was through that. He almost destroyed SWORD and his friends.

Cobra was panting, his heart was as barren as the moors on a desolate winter morn. He could not still escape the shook of Smoky's death and the reality he faced lately. "I already know that. I know, but... winning feels impossible. I can't only fight with my fists anymore." the leader of Sannoh Rengokai admitted. "Kohaku-san. How do we destroy Kuryu?" he asked him as he was lost and could not stand through his existence.

"We have to get back up." Rocky mumbled as he also showed up. Smoky's death reached soon the rest of the SWORD leaders. As they were also dealing with their own overthrow. They had to answer back. What else could they do? Yet, how they did not know.

The same time Hyuga showed up murmuring "Isn't Daruma about getting back up no matter how many times we fall?" And he was right, he had also witnessed Daruma fall not only once. What should he do? Declare defeat? That was not an option. And specially now, as they took one of the leaders down.

Murayama showed up last, but not least claiming that "Oya High, won't end like this." After all how could he simply allowed it to end like that?

Meanwhile, at Sannoh district a small miracle was happening. When all hope had sank and there was no more light in the darkness. Tettsu had a long talk with his father. As he pointed out A bathhouse is just a bathhouse. But an important person can't be replaced. And he was right. Houses could be rebuild, business relocate. Yet, if you lost friends and family, that could never be replaced. It took them a while. But finally, Tettsu, Dan, Chiharu and Ijuin slowly found themselves. They should be next to their friends and to their leader. And that what they would do. Maybe it was not too late.


The same day few hours later, the Rude boys, Kohaku and Tsukumo, Hiroto and Masaki, as well as Cobra and Kasumi reached the old hideout of the Mugen. Kasumi made a small stopped behind Hino gas station. So, Cobra could also get his bike. Then they both reached the Mugen area. Cobra wounds were still aching, but he manage to increase his stamina and energy. It was only the wound in his soul that brought him down and made him lose his confidence that needed to be healed.

Kasumi tapped his shoulder before they dismounted of their bikes."Cobra! We cannot let Kuryu win. I don't how? But you have to find yourself. Even if it seems impossible" Kasumi whispered and walked and took a seat were the others were. Her words had reached Cobra. Yet, he still needed someone to push him a bit further.

"Cobra. At that time, you were the one that saved me. You're the one who told me to cherish my life! That's why I won't lose my way anymore. I want to live with propriety. If we expose everything, this time we can destroy Kuryu." Kohaku words were short and on point. After all Kohaku was one of the few people who could help Cobra. Yet, he was not the only one.

Next the Sannoh Rengokai was finally regrouped and together. They reached also the old place of the Mugen. "Cobra." Yamato called him to get his attention. "The Hoodlum Squad is on your side."Noboru clarified. "Let's destroy Kuryu!" Noboru cried out. Indeed all the members had followed. Even Tettsu, Dan and Chiharu. Who gave a light signal, telling Cobra that they were back and on his side. The leader of Hoodlum Squad cracked a smile and felt slowly his wound to heal. His eyes were filled with tears. Surely, he was not the same leader he was before. The downfall made Cobra level up to a better person and leader.

Yet, those were not the only ones that showed up. The white Rascals arrived also. Kohaku was surprised "Mutsugi." he said in his confusion.

"It's been a while. You haven't changed at all. You're the only one who calls me by my first name." Rocky responded as he climbed off his bike and looked at Kohaku and Cobra. Whose confidence was now slowly building up.

"Do you feel the same way as them?" Kohaku asked a direct question.

"We will destroy Kuryu to protect women. That's all." Rocky said trying to sound cool. Of course there were more serious reasons the leader of the White Rascals was supporting them. Yet, he never admit it.

Amamiya brothers gazed at them. They way SWORD answered seemed more mature than they used to be. Now, that things were serious and dangerous. Now, that everyone reached the end. They were there ready to fight and not to give up. Ready to support each other and not to fight between them.

"Why aren't you guys studying?" suddenly asked Tsukumo as the track with Oya High and Murayama also showed up.

"That's true. But we're stupid. Please destroy all the bad employers out there for us." Murayama responded as he also jumped of the track and stepped inside.

"Oi!" Are you guys doing this on purpose?" Hyuga complained as he also showed up. Sitting on the front area of a car, relaxed and gazing at Kohaku.

Hiroto and Masaki turned to face the Daruma Ikka's leader. As Kohaku shouted "Eh?" with an angry look on his face.

"I told you to leave the festivals of SWORD to us." added Hyuga.

His words got the attention of most. Yu, laughed at his answer. Times like these and Hyuga could have his spirit still so high. Daruma were the most difficult part of SWORD. They hated Sannoh Rengokai. They could bring everyone down only for their revenge. Surely, they did not like Kohaku, as he was the leader of Mugen when the Hyuga gang went down. Yet, today they were also there answering as a part of SWORD.

"Looks like everyone feels the same way." Kohaku observed. As he, Tsukumo, Hiroto and Masaki stood in the middle with SWORD around them.

"You guys already know about the pollution, right?" Masaki asked them placing his hands inside his pockets.

Murayama answered as he was sitting "I heard about it."

"If we expose the hidden secrets behind the pollution, we can take down Kuryu. To do that, we need evidence, a testimony from the officer responsible, and a victim of the pollution. We need those three things." Kohaku started to brief them in. After all Saigo had informed them about the old factory, the drug, the pollution and Baba. Now he had to share that information with everyone.

"Then we can protect SWORD right?" Rocky asked serious.

"Ah! (yes)" was Kohaku's reply.

"First, the officer responsible." Hiroto said as he pulled out the picture of Baba and showed it to everyone.

"He probably has the evidence. If we hold him down, we can get the evidence and testimony, which are two out of the three things we need." Kohaku said in a low voice and very fast pace.

"We don't know where he is." clarified Masaki. He and Hiroto, found his apartment in Little Asia, but he was long gone.

"But we might." informed them Takeshi.

"Then, we need a victim. Smoky's not with us anymore." Hiroto updated. He was right, a person that was alive and victim of the pollution would be necessary.

"Was Smoky a victim of the pollution?" Yamato quizzed.

"Yes, but.. I have someone else in mind." Lala added in the right moment.

"By any chance, Is it Eri?" P questioned as he recalled seeing Eri coughing like Smoky used too. "If it is, she'd be in the inspection area." he added.

"Tsukumo and Sannoh, go with Lala to bring back the victim." Kohaku ordered right away. Now, as he was whole again as a person. He was a great leader and had already planned what they should do next.

Cobra nodded agreeing with him at once.

"I'll go with Rude Boys and Amamiya to bring back the officer." Kohaku said next. Amamiya did not say anything, it was clear that the agreed. As well as the Rude boys.

"Oi! What do you want us to do?" Hyuga asked Kohaku loudly.

"Get rid of anyone who gets in the way!" Kohaku responded. Meaning that Oya High, Daruma and they White Rascals should fight anyone that would get in their way.

"This is the final battle." Kohaku noted catching everyone's attention. Everyone stood up, getting ready for the last strike. "Let's do this." he added.

"Kohaku-san. We grew up watching you and Tatsuya-san and learned a lot. But we still have a long way to go. That's why, in order to fly higher we'll keep learning from you." Yamato said to Kohaku. He tapped strongly his shoulder and stepped forward.

"We'll become adults in the near future. Fighting, causing trouble, and even arguing with friends. But even if we make mistakes, the times we tried to live desperately will be our strength. That's why I want to cherish the present." Cobra uttered. The leader of Sannoh Rengokai was finally back.

"You want me to stay behind?" Kasumi asked in an ironic tone as they leaped on their bikes.

"You are not allowed!" Cobra and winked at her. In this battles everyone should be included, even Kasumi. Indeed it was dangerous. More dangerous than any fight they ever had. Yet, Kasumi was a must to be next to him.

"You know that guys? We're the same. We don't study cause all we do is fight. It just can't be helped. But you know, rather than someone who doesn't care about their friends and only fights others, it seems like we, who know our own pain, would make better adults." Murayama told them next.

"Speak for yourself." Cobra mocked him as he cracked a smile.

"I'm gonna go for decades with these guys." Murayama sincerely said "Don't mess with Oya High!"

"This might be the last festival." Hyuga voiced up happy "Even if I live or die, this moment where we're barely surviving and spilling blood is irresistible. Everyone dies in the end anyway. You might as well enjoy your life doing whatever you want. I'm not saying that doesn't make sense. Let's do this festival with all our strength."

"What do you mean "festival?"" Rocky had to comment "You're just pulling on a rope for revenge."

"What are you trying to say?" the leader of Daruma back fired.

"When we hang out with you guys, we get out of tune. In a fight between men, usually it's either about girls or money. But your fight is a bit too much. We won't be stained by any color. That's not because of our ego. These guys will protect women now and forever. And we will never be stained by spoiled colors." Rocky asserted them.

"We will avenge our family." Takeshi simply said.

"Aniki (Brother), watch us." Hiroto affirmed. As Masaki added "We're living strongly."

"Kohaku-san, I'm following you until the end." Tsukumo stated.

"Once the casino is built, the city will be reborn. If that helps everyone live comfortably, then it's fine. But I won't forgive those who take advantage to cover up the truth to acquire that filthy money. We will have the explosion ceremony for the casino plan." Kohaku added lastly before everyone departed.

The Final Mission starts!

((Next:: Act Twenty-Six))


More than anything, thank you for taking the time to read this!