The Daughter of the Iemura Leader

High & Low ~ The story of S.W.O.R.D.~

Author's Note:

Disclaimers: I don't own any of the characters, places, names, etc (only the OCs -e.g. Kasumi ). It all belongs to Sigeaki Kubo & LDH project


Act Nine: The Daughter of the Iemura Leader ~


Noboru was moved in another room the next morning. He was still in a coma. Things didn't look good. But at least he was breathing. Everyone form Hoodlum Squad visited him, never leaving him alone. Yamato, Tettsu, Dan and the rest have slowly started to feel a bit better. The next thing they wanted was to find the culprit. Although they knew who was behind it. But not everyone shared the same opinion like they did. Few days later at the Itokan Diner, everyone of the main members were there.

"Are we going to sit here, and do nothing?" Chiharu asked. He, like most of them wanted to take some action about what had happened to Noboru.

Yamato cut him off "Hey, Cobra. You know it too, right?" he was sitting and facing away from Cobra "That the Iemura Group did this to Noboru." Yamato said clearly.

Kasumi was sitting at the bar. She was sure she had recognized the car back then when Noboru was hit. Though her mind was somewhere else. She felt bad that she was still lying at them. She knew there was no right moment to say that: hey, i am the daughter of your enemy. But she should hurry up and explain it to them. After all Kasumi knew well, it wasn't fair to them. That made her more angry, about herself.

"Noboru didn't die." Cobra said at him serious. He could see were these conversation was going.

Yamato stood up and strode were Cobra was sitting. " Are we going to let him die?" he asked him with a angry tone. "We're going to get revenge on the Iemura Group." he added.

"It's not our job to find the culprit." Cobra made it clear. Yamato though didn't agree with him. He crashed his fist against the wooden divider. Cobra forced his punched against the table and stood up facing him "Who will be next?" he yelled at him. "Is it you? Or these guys?" he pointed. He had a point there. They lost enough friends, each time they were messing with the Iemura Group. "If we meddle with the Iemura Group, we will have to sacrifice another person. In order to stop this chain of hatred..." Cobra tried to explain. But then again the guys didn't agreed with him.

"Cobra-san. Are we that weak?" Chiharu asked him. But Tettsu blocked him bot to say things like that.

Yamato mumbled "This way, it's the same situation as Tsukumo-san and the deceased Tatsuya-san..."

But their talk was stopped when Nikka come in with some eggs, yelling that the eggs costed 78 yen. Naomi thanked her and asked to stay around the Bar. As she took Yamato to talk with him. Naomi did always do that. If she noticed things to go bad between Yamato and Cobra. She would talk to Yamato and explain what Cobra meant. She brought Yamato were her brother used to take her. There she explained to him that Cobra meant not to bring up old stories. That would be more trouble.

In few seconds, except Nikka, Kasumi and Cobra, the left the Itokan Diner. Leaving Cobra standing in the middle of the room. He knew that Yamato had a point. And the old part of him, would rip anyone that would mess with his friends. Though the Iemura didn't play fair. They were sneaky. That was what scared him. If it was a face to face attack, Cobra didn't mind that.

Kasumi walked next to him, and gazed at the door. With her high heels, she looked only a bit shorter than him. "What are we looking for?" she asked him as she gazed at him. Only then Cobra noticed he was standing there long time. He shook his head and returned at his seat. Kasumi followed him and sat next to him.

"Are you scared of the Iemura Group?" Kasumi asked him really curious. The wild and angry Cobra she meet had nothing to do with these one.

Cobra sighed. The abnormal thing was that he answered her. "I am not scared. I don't want to lose another friend. Tatsuya, Tsukumo and now Noboru." He said. Cobra explained her who those were. That Tatsuya was Naomi's brother and the founder of the Mugen, with Kohaku. Another piece was put together. Although it only made Kasumi feel worse. She thought Naomi as a friend. And now she found out that the Iemura group was behind it. What would be next.


Meanwhile, at the Daruma Ikka they had a guest. Although the rays of the sun were still visible, since the sun didn't set yet. The light was fading though slowly. Creating new shadows and dark patches around him. Kirinji and his boys from the Iemura Group paid them a visit. He was the one who put Hyuga out of prison. He wanted to talk with him. Hyuga wasn't there. Though Ukyo and Kato dealt with him. They made it clear that they lost. That their target had changed. They want to fight protecting something important and not to be the underlings of the Iemura Group, like Kirinji. Kirinji didn't like the answer he got. He made it clear that for now on they would be in danger. Then he took his boys and left. Seemed he had found were Kasumi was, and trouble was about to start.

Few hours later, everyone started gathering at the Itokan Diner. Kasumi, and Cobra were still there. Chiharu, Dan and Tettsu couldn't wait, they were hungry. Naomi with Nikka went to make them something to eat. Yamato was finally in better terms with Cobra. The issue was still there though. Yamato didn't agree with Cobra, but for the time being he let things settle.

"I am telling you these new rice-omelet that Nikka makes is better than Naomi's" Tettsu said as he gazed at Nikka with a smile. Nikka blushed and nodded as she placed the rice inside the pan. Chiharu that was gazing at them both looked puzzled. "Since when are you.." he mumbled. Dan nodded too "You saw it too?" he asked Chiharu. "Yes I saw it. Couples everywhere." Dan said sadly.

"You have heard that the Iemura Group started to appear around here." Yamato told at Cobra. He nodded, as Cobra had seen few shops closing after the Iemura were visiting them. Though he didn't manage to reply at Yamato.

Suddenly few black cars stopped outside the Itokan Diner. Kirinji with his boys stepped down. He walked inside, while forcing the door to open. The wind whistling, filled the room. The door hit against the wall making a loud sound. It caught everyone's attention. Cobra and Yamato, recognized that he was part of the Kuryu Group. Cobra hit his fist against the table. Then both jumped up from their seats. Their faces looked angry and surprised. 'What on earth would cause them to walk that open' Cobra thought.

The rest of the room pause. The talks stopped and everyone stood up. Kasumi froze, as she noticed who had entered. She stared at Kirinji, that was about to open the Pandora box. Cobra, with a deadly gaze on his eyes took few steps forward. "What are you doing here?" he asked serious, as he lifted his arm and pushed Yamato back. As he was ready to attack them.

Kirinji showed his creppy smile "Don't worry i am not here to deal with you!" he said. He turned around looking around the room for Kasumi.

"Then why are you here?" Cobra asked loudly with a deep voice. It was only few days they all dealt with what the Iemura did. Now what else were they planning.

"Explain yourself?" Yamato yelled at him "Daring to cross our district!"

"Right now i come to pick something very important to our Leader!" Kirinji explained as he spotted Kasumi.

Cobra noticed his gazed fall on Kasumi. He outrun him and cut him half the way. Cobra was still glaring at him. "You didn't answer us?" he demanded again with the same loud voice.

Kirinji lifted his arm and pointed at Kasumi for a second. "I am here to pick her up!" he said with the same smile on his face.

Everyone turned and gazed at Kasumi. They were baffled. They turned again gazing at Kirinji. "What do you mean?" asked Cobra. He wasn't curious. Things started to seem oddly now.

"You don't know, who you have in your land?" Kirinji mocked Cobra.

Kasumi strolled closer where Cobra were. She was almost shivering. "Kirinji ... wait outside. Let me explain. Then I will follow you." she said with broken words. Kasumi knew exactly how bad it looked. She had no idea how she would tell to everyone who she was. How could she even pronounce the name of their enemy.

Cobra with a mad face looked at Kasumi. He was only holding back to find what was going on. "Kasumi what did you do?" he questioned.

Though again Kirinji interrupted them and pointed at her. "She didn't do anything. You ever check the full name of your people?" Kirinji went on mocking Cobra. "She is Iemura Kasumi. The only child of the Iemura family." He laughed. "I will be waiting outside for you!" he added and left. His job was done. Kirinji knew that they would never keep Kasumi there.

Noami almost started crying "The daughter of Iemura?" she murmured almost lost. "I thought you as a friend.." she paused not knowing what to think.

Yamato went over to Naomi. He could tell the shock was huge. "How can you be the daughter ..." he asked shaking is head.

Dan, Tetsu and Chiharu were still processing the information. But you could tell in their look how disappointed they were.

Cobra didn't tell anything all that time. His blood was boiling, and he was trying to keep his temper. But how could he. Kasumi was standing close to him. He turned and grabbed her and threw her against the nearest wall. Kasumi crashed against the wall on her back. Though she didn't say anything just gazed at the ground. "Explain now!" Cobra shouted at her.

Kasumi was still shaking, tried to hide it. She gazed up at Cobra, with her big eyes. "Kirinji was telling the truth. I am the daughter of Iemura Tatsumi" she only managed to answer back.

Cobra who couldn't hold back no more punched his fist against the wall. If Kasumi was a boy, he would not hold back attacking her. "You are lucky you are a girl. Get out!" Cobra yelled with all his power. Kasumi didn't fight back. She stepped away from the wall and started staggering towards the door. The rest of the room didn't say anything. They were so much confused, words couldn't come out of their mouth. "Go get your stuff and leave the key on the door! Never pass through these district again." Cobra added as he remain gazing at the wall.

Kasumi walked until the door and turned giving a deep bow. "I am sorry!" she said and walked outside.

"Maybe we should let her explain herself..." Chiharu said. Few minutes had passed and no one had moved or talked. Cobra turned and gazed at him with a scary look.

"Stop it!" yelled Tettsu. He didn't also what to think.

Yamato that was holding Naomi nodded. "Maybe we should let her tell us her side of the story!" Yamato voiced getting Cobra's attention. Cobra stormed over where he was. "Say that again?" he shouted at him. More lost than anyone was Cobra. He only reacted with out thinking. He didn't accept yet what he heard few minutes ago.

Naomi pushed Yamato off her and run outside. Chiharu and Yamato were right they never let her say anything. She could read people. And Kasumi didn't look like a bad person. As he stepped outside the cars were already gone. Also her suitcases from Cobra room weren't there either. Naomi returned back, and placed Cobra keys at the table next to him.

"She left." she mumbled.

Cobra took the key. At the moment he didn't want to talk with anyone. Why would people around him keep behaving so stupid. "Everyone of you guys. And her too.." he yelled. Then he open the door and left.

"What are we going to do?" Chiharu asked. Kasumi backed him up at Oya high, and they even didn't know each other. "We will let her be?" he added.

"She had left home. Now if she goes back wouldn't be bad?" Tettsu quizzed. Dan nodded agreeing with him.

"If it was any other place, we could just storm in. But at the Iemura home..." Yamato answered. He was sure Kasumi wasn't a bad person.

What ever the reason, the guys still wanted to help Kasumi. Although they were hurt, they wanted an explanation. The only one that didn't back down was Cobra. He didn't want to hear any explanation at the moment. He looked serious angry, and lost. It would take long time for him to deal with that.


Kasumi followed Kirinji all the way. They went and took her stuff and made their way to the Iemura residence. Kasumi was broken. She only felt like that when her grand-parents died. Not because of Cobra, Naomi and the rest. Because of her lies. But then again, if she stayed there and Iemura members knew were she was. That would be a bigger issue. The Iemura group surely would attack. Kasumi mind unfroze. She was sad, and angry. But getting back at the Iemura group was out of the question. She had to escape. She also had to inform Naomi. Maybe the would try anything stupid.

She slowly took her phone out. She was sitting at the back seat of the Car. She opened the window, all of it. Kirinji turned and gazed her. He thought until now she was cooperating. It seemed a bit strange. Kasumi bend against the seat and ped the straps of her heels. She took them off. Not paying any attention at him. She needed first to text Naomi. "I am sorry. I own you an explanation. I will contact you when the time is right. I escaped, don't worry about me. I am save. For safety reasons my phone will be off." She send the text, deleted the message and turned her phone off. Slowly took the sim card off and broke it.

The daughter of the Iemura Leader, until now acted like a normal girl. She didn't do anything too crazy, or anything too dangerous. She took good care of herself. She knew were she stood and what she wanted. What was right and what was wrong. But she couldn't go on like that. The Iemura Group wasn't someone she could escape on her own. She needed help.

Kasumi was wearing, a short black dress. She took her coat off. She needed to be able to move and run. The black cars stopped, as the light turned red. Suddenly Kasumi grabbed the upper part of the open window. She grip it hard and turned her back, almost pulling herself out of the window. There was no time left, she pushed her legs and flew out of the window crashing against the ground. Her hands touched the ground and pulled herself up. She didn't look behind her. She only started running. With no heels, and nothing to carry, she could move easier.

Kirinji, and the others stopped and rushed out of the car. The problem was they didn't notice when Kasumi left the car. They broke in teams and started looking the area. Going back, with out Kasumi. How would they tell that to the Leader. She left everything behind. There was no way to find her, like the last time. For Kirinji it was a bad day, starting with the Daruma and now Kasumi.

Kasumi ran and ran. She felt her lungs burning, as she kept going. Her feet, were bleeding. She was exhausted, sad and broken. Though she kept going. Stopping was not an option. Her hair was a mess, though she managed to pulled it up. Long time later she had reached her destination. She was outside a club. Exactly were she wanted to go. She dashed inside, with out holding back. People, gazed at her. The stuff spotted her in no time. A man with white a suit got closer to her. Before he even asked her if she needed help Kasumi told him "Let me see Rocky". The man nodded at her and showed her upstairs.

Kasumi was breathing heavily. Barefoot, no coat, or anything else on her, she looked lost. She followed him, and climbed the stairs up. She didn't wait for the man to announce her to Rocky. She outran him and stood ahead of Rocky. Rocky, lowered his glasses and gazed at her. A troubled girl he would help, even with out Kasumi asking him. Though until then Rocky didn't know who Kasumi was.

"Tell everyone to go, we need to talk!" Kasumi said serious. She looked so different since these morning.

Rocky signed everyone to go. "I am listening." he told her. Usually girls looking hurt, would ask for help or a place to get some rest.

"Promise me you will let me finish, what i have to say. Before you drag me off." she made it clear. Kasumi knew what she was about to tell him, he surely would not like it.

Rocky nodded and crossed his legs. "I promise." he said and waited for her to speak.

"Today I escaped from home. I did it twice. The first i found a place in Hoodlum Squad. But today the found the truth. I cannot go back there. They will be in danger. I need to hide myself. I know the only place i could come is here." she revealed. Kasumi stopped to take her breath, before she went on talking.

"Is that all ?" Rocky asked her.

"No, I am not done. The worse part starts now. I am Kasumi. Iemura Kasumi. Yes, the daughter of the Kuryu Group." Kasumi voiced clear gazing at Rocky.

Rocky remained calm. They had no connection after all. That she was the daughter of a Kuryu Leader was a issue. But she escaped she wanted to know about that.

"I grow up with my grand-parents. Iemura is not my family. How could I accept their doings. That's why i escaped at first. Though they found me." She explained.

"At Hoodlum Squad?" Rocky asked serious.

Kasumi nodded "Yes. They may make a bigger mess looking for me. "

"You became friends with them!" Rocky simply asked. He could read her know easier. "The Iemura..." he mumbled as he took some time to think. "Today take some rest. I will tell you in few days what we will do." Rocky added and waved at Koo. Koo stepped closer, where they both were sitting. "Take her. Let her clean up and rest. We'll deal with these tomorrow." he ordered. "Follow him."

Kasumi stood up to follow Koo, but before she left, she said "They plotting something bigger. I could tell. All the time i was there. They want the SWORD area."

Rocky agreed with her "I know. Things are getting worse. We let things out of our control for long time."

"I never manage to tell that to Cobra." she murmured almost asking Rocky to do it for her.

"Cobra isn't?" he said smiling at her as if he read her. "We will spread the word. Or maybe you will tell it on your own."

She thanked him and followed Koo in the back rooms. A hot shower, some food and a bed to crash. For now it was more than enough. Although Rocky had already started his plan. There was only a way for her to survive around these parts.


"Don't do anything yet" Tettsu said at Yamato who was still talking with them what to do about Kasumi.

"Wait... i got a text from her.." Naomi mumbled as she went through reading the text. She showed it to everyone.

"You think she escaped?" Chiharu asked. Cobra opened the door and walked inside. He didn't talk just took a seat.

Naomi nodded "I think she was saying the truth. And that she escaped. And is safe."

Cobra stood up to take his leave again. Hearing about Kasumi made him mad. Though he didn't want them to interfere in anything or do anything stupid. "She escaped. The Iemura Group is looking all over the place." he notified them and left. Making everyone feeling a bit better. At least knowing that Kasumi was not with them was one thing. But they had to find her.

The thing that Cobra never told them was he meet Kirinji same time ago. As he was looking for Kasumi around the Sannoh parts. He almost met face to face with Cobra. Cobra walked closer. His emotionless gaze made him more scary. He easily pushed Kirinji against the nearest wall. "I don't know what rumors you heard. But these district is under Sannoh still. You gather your guys and leave. Before things turn ugly. " he cried out with a deep serious voice. Kirinji could tell he was serious. He gathered his boys, for the night and left. He and his boys, wouldn't last a round if Cobra attacked them.


There are not many moments in someone's life where you can feel more alive than ever. Our lives may seem long, but if you count the moments of your happiness; how many years will you count in total? One, two or three? Smokey was counting those moments. Since he was a child, that was the only thing he could remember. A diary and counting the times you were really happy. If you dated, not your age or anything other numbers would carved in your grave, only the years of your happiness. His family used to do that. Though his memories are lost, that was the only thing he could remember. He never shared with no one what where the numbers he counted every night. But he made it clear if he died he wanted that number written on his tombstone.

Smokey's days became more painful, as his illness would kick in. There were some happy moments, spending around with his family. The family in the nameless city. And the working nights, become lately better, as Lala was more around. She didn't got in any other troubles with the Iemura or any drug dealing. After what had happened to Shion, she kept away for that kind of trouble. She spend more time with the Rude boys and her brother. He knew, he could trust the Rude boys. But he was still their leader, and not being around to protect them was an issue. That was puzzling his mind as he was walking around the nameless city.


At the Hoodlum Squad the next day was cloudy. After what had happened with Kasumi the other night made everyone less active. On their plans, on visiting Noboru, they now put one more thing. They agreed to start looking for Kasumi. Though they agreed to keep it a secret from Cobra. He was still looking scary, they didn't want to make him more mad. There were enough issues he had to deal with, and more issue showed up. Back at the Itokan Diner everyone had gathered up. Cobra showed up also. He walked in, he didn't talk to anyone and took a seat.

"Cobra what is wrong?" Yamato asked him. He could tell there were more issue bothering him.

Cobra turned and face them. "Today i met Miho." he said.

"Miho?" asked Chiharu.

"Yes, Noboru's Girlfriend." Yamato informed.

"Noboru-san" Chiharu repeated.

"Ah! After what happened with Noboru, her father was in dept. She ended up working for Doubt. When she heard about Noboru she escaped. The white Rascals helped her." Cobra explained.

"Where is she now?" Yamato asked.

"Some where save!" Cobra answered.

Cobra, himself brought her at Heaven. He meet with Rocky and told him to keep an eye on her. He though it as a safe place. Rocky commented "Seemed like all the friends think it here as a safe place." He meant Kasumi visiting him too. Though he kept Kasumi hidden and didn't reveal about her being there. Although, her meeting Miho, he couldn't avoid that.

"I hear you met with Iemura's daughter?" Rocky asked him before Cobra was about to leave.

He turned and gazed at Rocky "What about it?" he asked him.

"Nothing, just keep in mind they plotting more things. How long will you keep things with Sannoh Rengokai unsolved?" Rocky asked him.

"I will deal with Sannoh Rengokai, on my own." Cobra told him and left.


At the Sannoh Rengokai things looked worse. They were all informed that Noboru was doing worse. He was about to die. Everyone ran to the hospital terrified. Cobra drove over to Club Heaven. He rushed his way in and looked for Miho. Miho had earlier meet with Kasumi and they talked for long hours. They had a lot of things to share. But when Cobra come in Kasumi wasn't around, thankfully. He told Miho that Noboru was about to die. Miho followed him. Rocky remind him not to forget to detail with the issues around the gang. And see what he would do. Cobra told him again, he would deal with these issues on his own.

He reached with Miho the hospital. Everyone was crying and yelling, it seemed Noboru was about to die. Although luck was these time with them. He survived and opened his eyes. The tears of sadness, become tears of join when Noboru woke up. Yamato and Cobra that were sitting next to him couldn't believe it. It was a lucky moment. Later as they noticed, Miho had left them. She was happy to see Noboru alive, but she couldn't face him. The same time Cobra and Yamato agreed it was time to go meet Tsukumo. He may choose to remain in coma. It was time to push things around.

Later outside the Itokan Diner, Cobra was ready to open the door. Miho stopped him. He told her that they were worried about her, and where did she go. Miho gave him a letter, and asked him to give it to Noboru. Cobra told her, to give the letter on her own. But she said she couldn't and left it. She ran away and the letter fall against the ground. Cobra knelt and took it. When Noboru would be a bit better, he would give it to him. Though Cobra couldn't tell what was wrong with Miho. He understood few things, but who could she not choose to be next to Noboru. As well as Kasumi, who couldn't tell them the truth. How could people be like that. He concluded and call it a night off.

((Next:: Act Ten))


Side Note:

More than anything, thank you for taking the time to read this!