Murayama

High & Low ~ The story of S.W.O.R.D.~

Author's Note:

✘ Don't miss Kasumi's change.

Disclaimers: I don't own any of the characters, places, names, etc (only the OCs -e.g. Kasumi ). It all belongs to Sigeaki Kubo & LDH project


~ Act Eleven: Murayama ~


wanted to become the leader. What did I obtain with my fist? What is the difference between the Hoodlum Squad and Oya High?

Weeks had already passed since Murayama and Cobra had fought. Murayama, although being still the head of Oya High, he had lost his path. He wanted to find his way, with his own strength. He declined the help from the Iemura Group. Indeed he was lost, but not that lost to follow a Group so corrupted as them. He spent his days walking around lazily trying to find the answer. But even if Murayama thought to remain still, it didn't mean that the rest of the world would.

In Hoodlum Squad a new problem had rose. Oshiage had fallen in love with Murayama. He looked cool. And his reputation of his fighting ability and stamina captured her interest. She revealed to the Ichigo Milk that she had fallen in love. She Asked for Junko's opinion. Junko was a bit jealous, but she supported Oshiage. "Go after it all the way!" Junko suggested.

Though Murayama problems wouldn't be only that, something bigger had started to appear. Todoroki a new full student in Oya High. He had noticed Murayama's attitude lately. He wanted to become Oya's High new head. That's why he started causing problems. Trying to force Murayama to fight with him. But Murayama wasn't interested. "Let him be!" was his answer when Seki and Furuya told him about it. Todoroki, had already found two followers Shibaman and Tsuji, after fighting with them. Then he went to meet Murayama, to make it clear what his intention were.

"Senpai, nice to meet you. I'm Todoroki, a full time student." he introduced himself as he, Shibaman and Tsuji entered the room where Murayama and the others were.

Murayama was sitting at the black leather sofa, with his lazy attitude "What do you want?" he asked him.

"I'm going to defeat you and become the leader of Oya High." Todoroki voiced at him clearly. "Well, let's fight." Todoroki yelled at him. He lifted both hands clapping. Then he signaled Murayama to come. It was a action that Murayama did in the past also when he fought. Though these days he doesn't have the same fire in him to fight. Murayama ignored him, he leaned against the sofa and threw a baseball in the air.

Todoroki confused asked him "What's wrong?"

Murayama went on gazing at the ceiling and playing with the ball as he answered him "I won't fight you. You're a kid."

Though Todoroki wasn't satisfied with the answer. "I'm going to teach you, a worthless senior who will never graduate, a lesson." he threatened the leader of Oya High. That made all the members stand up ready to attack Todoroki. Seki rushed and grabbed Todoroki from his Jacket.

Murayama called him off "Seki! Leave it." loudly and clear as he stood up. He walked between the others saying " Withdraw." as he went face to face with Todoroki. "What are you going to do if you become the leader?" he asked him

"I'm going to rise with one fist." Todoroki said with a smile on his face. Like he was sure he could easily win Murayama.

Murayama nodded his head for few times and then asked him serious "After you rise, what do you think lays ahead?"

"Reputation and glory, of course!" said Todoroki proudly.

Murayama laughed at him "There is nothing like that. Go home, okay?"

Todoroki threw a punch on the air aiming Murayama's head. But the punch pause few inches before his head; never hitting him. Then he grabbed at Murayama's bandanna and pulled it off.

Furuya glared at him and yelled "What do you think you're doing?" as Todoroki held the bandanna in the air. He swing it in frond of Murayama and let if fall in the ground.

Murayama with the same cool, though lazy attitude answered him "Oh! Oh! I'm telling you, kids should go home." He turned away and took a seat at the sofa.

"How boring. We'll be back." Todoroki said and left with his team to reap it "See you." Though Murayama eyes remained pinned at him until he left.

Meanwhile, Cobra and Yamato went to visit Tsukumo. He had finally woken up. After the day they talk about paying him a visit, and that it was time for Tsukumo to wake up. He finally was back.

"While I was sleeping a lot had changed, right?" Tsukumo asked as Yamato and Cobra had already filled him in. He knew now what had happened all these time he was in the hospital.

"Yes." replied Yamato.

"It's a relief that Noboru didn't die." he said honestly to Cobra and Yamato.

Cobra, who was gazing around the room, pause when his eyes stopped suddenly. Next to the hospital bed, was a picture of them and a bottle with two small glasses. Cobra remembered that Kohaku had the habit to order the same drink with two glasses. He and Tsukumo drunk it.

"Did Kohaku-san come?" Cobra asked him. Although he knew it was him who would bring the bottle there. Though Tsukumo didn't answer.

"We haven't gone to see Tatsuya-san once after he passed away." said Yamato.

"Leave Kohaku-san's matter to me." Tsukumo informed them.

That was the last time they saw him. Few days after Tsukumo left the hospital and went to find Kohaku. They met each other at Tatsuya's grave.


More changes were already happening around the same time. As the night came. The Mighty Warriors gang had already opened their own place "The Funk Jungle" Ice was still talking with Sarah. He knew well how she never agreed totally with their philosophy. Ice, thought her as an important member of the team. He included Sarah, in everything. Although she was the newest member in the team. And since the final talk with Lee was about to happen. Ice wanted Sarah to be there. It was a very dangerous job, but would bring them a lot of money. Though Ice knew it well, that money was not what Sarah wanted. She thought still that the money that they were making was dirty. But it was the place she could breathe, and forget.

"What are you doing at a place like this?" Oshiage asked Murayama as she appeared from nowhere.

He was in a batting center again, trying to avoid the problems that had begun. Oshiage and Murayama, had met few days ago. After Junko told her to go after him all the way. Oshiage made a gift bag for Murayama including any weapon she could find for him, and a luck charm. She appeared in front of him and gave it to him. But he never took it. Oshiage threw it to him and left, disappointed. Though her sister told her not to give up.

Oshiage standing few steps away from where Murayama "Rumors are going around that you're afraid." She was worried about him, that's why she went to find him.

Murayama sighed and let out a laugh, as he was still sitting. "Nonsense." he said with a lazy voice.

"Huh?" asked Oshiage as he stood up, turning his back on her. She followed Murayama telling him "You're lame."

He turned and faced her leaning against the wall nets. He somehow looked angry as he asked her "What?"

Oshiage didn't back off. She told him "Honestly, I'm disappointed." as she gazed him deeply in the eyes.

Murayama took two steps and come face to face with her. Oshiage was indeed tall. They were almost the same height. "What did you say?" he asked keeping his gaze pinned on her.

"The you right now isn't the you that I longed for. I can't feel your determination." Oshiage voiced at him honestly still looking at him with sad eyes.

"Determination?" asked the leader of Oya High with a ironic look on his face.

"The determination you have when you hold up the banner of Oya High." she yelled at him explaining. Her eyes were still staring at him.

"Talking about banners or leaders or whatever, you're noisy." Murayama told her and broke their close face to face contact. He leaned back against the net, gazing at the ground.

"It's because you're like this that you'll never win against Cobra." she yelled at him. Realizing that she should not interfere she said "Sorry. Never mind." and left heartbroken.

"Cobra..." mumbled Murayama. He understood what Oshiage meant. But still he was lost. Though he wanted to do something about that. 'Maybe i should meet Cobra' he thought.


The next morning in a alley next to the airport was walking Cobra. At the middle of the way was waiting for him Murayama. Cobra stopped, looked at him and asked "Have you come to fight me as Oya High's leader?" Though he had also heard the rumors about Murayama lately.

"Accompany me a bit." told him Murayama. Cobra smiled at him and nodded. They walked few steps ahead. Cobra leaned against a wall and gazed ahead as Murayama sat on the left on top of a tire, close to some stairs.

"Nah, Cobra-san what would you do?" the leader of Oya high asked him serious.

Cobra took his time, and answered him few seconds later. "I'm not interested in fighting Oya High" he said with a soft tone. His eyes turned deadly for a second as he added "but if they mess with the Hoodlum Squad, I'll kill them." Then, Cobra gazed at him "That's how it is."

Murayama nodded, understanding what Cobra told him. "How can you be so passionate? I'm kind of jealous." he said more confused than before.

"We just don't want to bleed in vain." Cobra told him as he unpinned himself from the wall.

"For your friends, huh?" Murayama asked.

"Who knows?" Cobra said as he started to walk away.

The leader of Oya High followed him with his gaze saying "One last thing." Cobra stopped and gazed at him. Murayama spread his fist in frond "Let's meet again." he said. Cobra gazed him one more time, and left.

Murayama smiled and stood up. His mobile rang. It seemed to be Seki on a video call. "What now?" he complained. Then, he answered the call. Though, on the other line was Todoroki.

"Sorry to bother you while you're resting." he mocked Murayama.

"Hey, what happened to Seki?" he asked Todoroki serious. He had fought with most of the Oya high. He showed Murayama, the rest of his team on the ground hurt. "I'll be waiting!" Todoroki told him, and ended the call.

Murayama, was furious. He pushed his phone on his pocket and run to Oya High. He walked through the Oya High members. Todoroki, was sitting in the middle of the yard. His feet were resting against Seki's, who was laying on the ground.

"The cuckoo has called." he said to Murayama while whistling at him. "You've finally found your motivation." he added.

Murayama that was standing and gazing at him coldly simple told him "Seems like you're just a delinquent on the outside. Nothing more!"

Todoroki nodded "Yes, for example... someone like you." and pointed at him with his hand.

The Oya High Leader sighed "That's why i hate kids." he voiced.

Todoroki stood, taking few steps closer towards Murayama. Then, he took his glasses off and put them inside his Jacket pocket. Murayama, took out his bandanna and placed it on his head. Todoroki clapped his hands and signed at him. The fight was about to start. Though on the other side Murayama saw not Todoroki, but himself. "Indeed he is like as i used to be." he whispered to himself. "I definitely will not lose." he said.

Todoroki, and Murayama started throwing punches to each other. Although they both avoided, each punch. They were both fast, and could see the attack coming. Until Murayama managed to grabbe him, flipping him and crash him against some trash next to them. Todoroki, got up and threw his punch only to meet with Murayama's punch.

The spirit of Murayama was slowly coming back. He started laughing as the fight was going on. Todoroki, looked more serious now. He went on punching and kicking. Most of those hits Murayama simply dodged. Until he was crashed against a metal closet, and fall on the ground. His face was bleeding, though he slowly started to find his way. "I'll not lose!" he said and stood up.

Though a next kicked, crashed him against the ground. It was then when it hit him. What Cobra told him. What Oshiage meant. Everything started to make sense now. 'Raising the same banner with the same friends, no matter how much blood we shed, like fools, we rushed many, many times. I get it now, Cobra. The scenery I wanted to see wasn't something to see by myself. It was something to see with friends.' he thought as he rose. It was time to get back, what was his.

'Todoroki, I'll teach you the role of being the leader.' his mind yelled as he lifted Todoroki up and crashed him easily against a fallen metal closet. Todoroki stood up, trying punching his feet to make it move. While Murayama clapped his hands and signed him to come. He let him punch him against the check, as Murayama punch followed and crashed him against the ground. Todoroki couldn't stand any more yelling "Xor..Why?"

The Leader of Oya High walked above him "I admit you are strong." he said as he bend closer to him. "But you know, it doesn't mean anything if only your fist is strong." he added trowing a fake punch in frond of his face; not hitting him. He flipped his finger against Todoroki head "Study it once more, Baka." and stood up.

Seki, wrapped his arms around Murayama and hugged him. The rest cheered for his victory. Shibaman and Tsuji, helped Todoroki up, "That's why I told you, you can't defeat them." Tsuji told him.

'However, it's no good if you only have friends. You have to change in order for the world to change. Todoroki, when will you understand?' Murayama thought as Seki was carrying him against his back.


Later the same day the leader of Oya High had one more thing to settle. He called Oshiage, asking her to meet with her. He was waiting for her at Oya High. Sitting outside on a desk. Few minutes later Oshiage appeared.

"What did you want to talk about?" Oshiage asked him as she was standing few steps away from him.

He didn't dare to gaze at her "I'm sorry about the other day." Murayama told her as he caught all her attention.

"Eh?" she asked confused.

"At the batting center." he added gazing up at her with a smile on his bleeding face.

"But I said some horrible things." Oshiage said feeling bad for the things she had said back then.

Though, Murayama didn't mind that. He pulled off his jacket the good luck charm, Oshiage had thrown at him, and showed it to her. "Also this!" he said "I thought I would get bad karma if I didn't pick it up."

Oshiage was happy and surprised, Murayama looked once again that the boy she fall in love with.

"See you." the leader of Oya High told her with a smile and left.

And truth it was, those two would meet more times. Because Oshiage was sure, that she was in love with him. Though, the thing is that Murayama had also started to fall in love with her. It was back at the batting center, when Oshiage had got all his attention.

Shiba, on the other hand who was near by and saw everything couldn't rest. She found Shibaman, and wouldn't let the matter go.

"How are you going to take responsibility for this?" Shiba asked him.

"Sorry, I didn't know your friend was involved in this." he said. Although he was confused with Shiba's reaction.

"Because of you, Oshiage and Murayama are getting along well." Shiba yelled at him grabbing him from his jacket. Suddenly, she became sweeter and gazed at him "I want to fall in love. You understand, right?" he asked him.

Shibaman was lost "About what?" he asked her. He couldn't understand what these girl wanted from him.

"Introduce me to a great guy. I'm serious." Shiba yelled at him.

Shibaman managed to free himself from her grip, and kissed her cheek. "You already met him!" he said and run away, leaving Shiba confused.

((Next:: Act Twelve ))


Side Note:

More than anything, thank you for taking the time to read this!