The final strike

High & Low ~ The story of S.W.O.R.D.~

Kirinji flew over Nikaido's head and landed next to him on the ground. Kasumi attacked him with multi kicks that were exact and strong. She stormed through the group of Nikaido and Kirinji's men with out any thoughts. She was there for one purpose to bring them down. Of course, she would not kill them. Killing was never the answer. Neither was she there just to take revenge. She was there to clear her name and to make it clear to those lizards to remain away from SWORD. She fought with Kirinji and the rest. Only this time Kirinji played fair and he did not bring any metal pipes to the fight. After all Kasumi was the boss' daughter.

The one who seemed to forget it was Nikaido. He was only standing at the entrance of that alley were the fight took place. He did not interfere until Kirinji and the rest of the men were on their knees. He was puzzled at Kasumi's fighting skills. How could the law student and a girl like her being so good at fighting. He glared at her and Kasumi simply stepped closer.

"Nikaido... or should I call you Cain?" she mocked him as she seized him with a deadly look.

"Don't use that name on me!" she shouted at her "I see you already are very close with everyone around SWORD."

"That is not your problem! I cannot believe my father had hired a weakling like you!" she stated still glaring at him.

He laughed at her face "We are not weak! And we have proven it once, we can prove it again!"

"I thought so! That's why I am here. I am here to tell you.. or better to worn you to stay away from SWORD. And you are weak Nikaido. Weaker than Kirinji, weaker than you think." she threatened him openly as she stood face to face with him.

"Kasumi-san! You can't scare me because you took down those guys. You know I have power!" he said in a devilish tone.

"Actually, I thought you were or rotten to the bone. Yet, I found recently out, how pathetic you are. Taking Smoky's life, just to hide who you are?" she uttered into his face ready to strike him.

He looked at Kirinji "I see my men talked!" Next he placed his hand into his Jacket and grabbed into the blade he had hidden there. "Maybe It was revealed. But I will take care of it!" Nikaido yelled and before Kasumi was ready to react he pulled out his knife and slit it against her sides two times.

Suddenly, blood oozed out of the wound and drop by drop fell on the ground. Kasumi gasped and groaned and crushed against the rocking road glaring at him. "You never played fair Nikaido!" she spat at him as her inner sizes ached and she grabbed her sides.

"What have you done?" Kirinji called out terrified at the outcome. "Boss will have our head!" he told him. His men also scared started running away from the scene.

"Iemura-san said it clear. She is no longer his daughter." Nikaido said and cleaned his blade on Kasumi's shirt. Then he withdrew leaving her to bleed. Kasumi fainted due the pain and the loss of blood. As for Kirinji he followed Nikaido in shook.

Meanwhile, at the Itokan Diner P and Lala showed up and walked over to Cobra. He lifted his eyes gazing at them confused. He tilted his head and thought one reason they would be there "Kasumi?"he cried out.

P nodded "We were suppose to train today. She did not show up. I was not worried about that. I found out she did not show to teach either. Something must be up. Hiroto told me to come and get you!" P informed him.

"We should search for her. We will help!" Lala said as Cobra stood up. Yamato and Noboru followed them.

Soon, everyone from Sannoh and SWORD were looking for Kasumi. Cobra had a bad feeling about it. He cursed himself that he did not talk with Kasumi sooner about the Iemura. But it was only one day that Hiroto told him about them. Why would Kasumi act so fast? Before finishing his thought his phone rang. Hiroto was in the other line. He told him that he found Kasumi and is now in the hospital.

In that moment of his loss his world collapsed. Where there was light became shadows, the pain was coming and going like waves on frigid sand. His mind was blank and his heart bleed. He only hoped that nothing serious had occurred. He told the rest and they went and found Hiroto in the hospital.

"Where is Kasumi?" Cobra asked him with out waiting.

"What happened?" Naomi added as she was concerned.

Hiroto not looking any better he lifted his hand to get their attention. "She went and threatened Nikaido and fought with Kirinji and the rest. Seems like she had not issue crushing the rest. Though, Nikaido stabbed her..." Hiroto was cut off as Cobra tried to by-pass him and move in the operation area.

The side of loving that no one warned him, was losing Kasumi. His heart was buried with hers. His soul was ready to jump into darkness and sorrow. There was no coming back, if something happened to Kasumi. She chest tightened "Oi! Let me though!" he howled at Hiroto.

Hiroto forced him back "She is under surgery you cannot do anything right now!" he said loudly at him.

Cobra felt his anger build. He glared at Hiroto and punched his fist against the wall. Amamiya was right he could not do anything there. Yet, this was not over. This time he head enough. Nikaido was as good as dead. "How did you find Kasumi?" he demanded to know.

"Believed or not, Kirinji called me. He was scared of the outcome. He wounded the boss' daughter after all!" Hiroto responded with a low voice.

Cobra nodded and run outside with out saying anything. He leaped into his bike and drove. His destination was the Iemura headquarters. The leader of Sannoh Rengokai did not care this time what would happened to him. They touched and almost kill his most important person. His rage built up and drove off to find Nikaido.

"Damn!?" Hiroto said as he run after him "He is going after them!"

Yamato and Noboru chase Hiroto. This seemed to get worse once more. "These will never end!" Yamato said running behind Noboru.

The four other leaders of SWORD followed. There was no way they would stay down. They would run for Cobra's aid and make sure that nothing worse happened. Naomi and Lala stayed behind, waiting for the operation to end.


Now, Cobra stormed inside the Iemura's place. His bitterness was shown on his strikes. He kicked and punched his ways in. He dodged most hits, but was also beaten by the Iemura men. However, he did not stop, his outburst made the building rock. Anger boiled deep in his system, as hot as fire and cold as ice. It churned within, hungry for destruction, and he knew it's too much for him to handle. The pressure of this raging sea of anger would force him to do things he normally would not.

Fires of fury and hatred were smoldering in his narrowed eyes as he weighed the pros and cons of the various and creative means available to him for exacting revenge. He glared when he finally spotted Nikaido. But today it would be his last. His eyes were narrowed, rigid, cold, hard. He unleashed all his bitterness against Nikaido. The men stood back watching them.

The excuse of human being pulled again his blade. He and Cobra avoided it jolting him with a side kick. Nikaido again from the left, slashing him on his right hand. Cobra groaned and answered him with a punch against his face, that send Nikaido to meet with the opposite wall. They duel went on like that deadly and serious.

Kirinji afraid decided to inform the boss of the Iemura. He strolled upstairs telling him that the leader of Hoodlum Squad busted into their place for revenge. That he was fighting with Nikaido. And he also noted that Kasumi had attacked them earlier and Nikaido injured her. Tatsumi heard enough and stood up and followed Kirinji down.

Nikaido after pulling a dirty trick he had cornered Cobra and was ready to stab him. It seems taking a life was no problem for him, as long as his ID remained secret. He was worse than the Iemura. At the same time Hiroto, Yamato, Noboru, Takeshi, P, Murayama, Rocky, and Hyuga entered also watching Nikaido's act. Yet, they were far away to be in time and prevent him from stabbing Cobra.

Cobra tried to avoid the strike, but he was too slow. The blade was almost ready to stab through his heart as a sudden kick into Nikaido stomach send him in the other corner. The leader of the Iemura cast a glance a Cobra, who tried to stand up. And walked step by step towards Nikaido who was now facing the ground.

"It seemed that you took my words lightly, Nikaido!" he uttered in an clear and dangerous tone. "I am paying you to obey my orders, but you have a will on your own!" he glared at him.

Cobra's arm was bleeding form the hit earlier, he tried to tied around his black scarf to stop the bleeding. Next he gazed confused not sure why Kasumi's father had just saved him. The rest of the SWORD leaders were watching in surprise also.

"Iemura-san! You were not right informed... I.." Nikaido spoke but was cut off.

"I ordered you to catch the Leader of the Rude Boys. And you took his life. Because it was helping you and not our clan!" Iemura went on as everyone was listening in shock. "With the mess with are dealing lately, I let it pass. I told you to forget about Kasumi. Yet, today I found out you stabbed my daughter?" he cried out and his voice echoed through the walls. The Iemura boss was not showing his rage often. But when he did, it would take down everything in his pass.

"She attacked us first!" Nikaido claimed as he sit up and gazed at his boss.

"Nikaido you are under my care for years. You have met my wife. I was married to a kind and simple woman. I send her away to stay with her parents, when we united with Kuryu and became what we became. I did not divorce my wife. Why was that? Because I was selfish?" he asked in the same loud tone winning everyone's attention "No! It was because i wanted her safe. When she died. I left Kasumi with her grandparents. So, she could grow up in a normal family. I had to take her in after her grandparents died. My daughter never approved of our ways. I knew that. When she left home, I told you to bring her back because i was worried. She always wanted to leave home. Yet, she never did." he added.

Tatsumi turned and gazed at Cobra who was also staring at him. "Then she finally left. I thought she was only messing around. Yet, one day she stormed in here and stood up to her believes. I thought Kasumi was always like her mother. Gentle and sweet. It seemed she is more like I am. She is strong and bold. I respected he decision. If he wanted out of our world. She was allowed to be out. Yet, she would not have my help. That's why i said he is no longer my daughter." he explained. Everyone had fall in silence listening at him astonished.

"Yet, even if I said that she was not my daughter any longer. That she would not have my support. Did you ever think I would hurt my own blood. I would agree or let anyone hurt her." the Iemura boss shouted.

"We were destroying SWORD and she was daily in danger though!" Nikaido mumbled as he started to fear now.

"Kuryu wanted that. You know I cannot miss-obey. After all she could take care of herself and SWORD too. We lost in our own game. Yet, that is not my point. You went behind my back. You stabbed my daughter. You should already know the future that awaits you!" Tatsumi made it clear.

Cobra walked up next to him as he pressed his arm against his shoulder "I will deal with Nikaido. Take your friends and go!" he only said to Cobra.

Cobra nodded and walked towards Yamato, Noboru and the rest. They left and went back to the hospital. The surgery was done and thankfully it was successful. Kasumi would be fine and she would be out from the hospital in a few weeks. Everyone was thankful, that things did not turn worse. As for Nikaido Iemura took care of him. (Note, in case Nikaido shows up in a new movie, he will show up here too. If we do not see him again. Then Tatsumi may slashed him in some corner.)

((Next:: Act Thirty-Four))


More than anything, thank you for taking the time to read this!