The new member of Hoodlum Squad

High & Low ~ The story of S.W.O.R.D.~

~ The characters in the play ~


Mugen: Tatsuya, Kohaku, Tsukumo, Ohta, Konishi, Cobra and Yamato

Amamiya Brothers: Takeru, Masaki, Hiroto

Sannoh Rengokai (Hoodlum Squad): Cobra (leader), YamatoDan, Tetsu, Chiharu, Noburo, Ken, Hikaru

White Rascals: Rocky (Leader), Kijy, Kaito, Koo, Aizawa, Bito, Enari, Shimura

Oya Kohkoh (Oya High): Yoshiki Murayama (Leader), Todoroki, Hideto Furuya, Toratarou Seki,

Rude Boys: Smokey (Leader), Shion, Takeshi, Pi, Lala (Smoky's sister)

Daruma Ikka: Norihisa Hyuga (Boss), Ukyo, Sakyo, Washi Kato

Ichigo Milk (Strawberry Milk): Junko (Leader), Asuka, Shiba, OshiageNonoriki, Ishikawa

Itokan Diner: Tatsuya, Naomi (Tatsuya's sister)

Barber Puma: Kabuto, Kakuto, Nikka

Kuryu Group: Kuze Ryushin, Kuze Rikako, Kurosaki Kimitatsu, Zenshin Yoatsu, Katsunari Ryuichiro, Ueno Ryuhei, Minamoto, Fujimori, Iemura, Ryu, Kuki, Nikaido, Kirinji

Iemura: Tatsumi Iemura (Leader/ Kasumi's father), Nikaido, Ishii, Kawata, Kirinji, Kasumi

Mighty Warriors: Lee, Ice, Bernie, 9, Ryu, SarahPearl

Doubt: Hayashi Ranmaru, Masato, Hirai

Prison Gang: Jesse, Pho, Brown, Mocai, Nakamon, Miou, Akune

Chanson: Li, Chang


~ Prologue ~


The 'Mugen' were created by Kohaku and Tatsuya, that were childhood friends. The name Mugen ~ infinity; meant that they would drive to the infinity. Slowly the started to stand out, and were picked. Firstly, Ohta and Konishi from the Kokuso region joined them, who were on a different level of strength. It was simply like that; People who loved motorcycles hung out together and slowly became friends. Due to a certain incident, Tsukumo joined the group. Kohaku and him, dared a race and both got injured. Tsukumo broke his leg. Tatsuya paid his hospital bill and he went to find him to pay him back. And since then he also joined the Mugen. Next Cobra and Yamato joined, they were like Tatsuya's younger brothers. They became also their friends. Those were the original Members of the Mugen. Even when new members were added, there was no leader. There was also no top or bottom. Everyone in the group had equal power.

Three years past, and nothing had changed only the group of seven became close friends. It was around that time when Tatsuya, suddenly changed his plans, and opened 'Itokan Diner'. All six of the members and his sisters helped him to set up his place. A place were the 'Mugen' could return anytime and call home. True be told, Sannoh district was their home. A place all grew up. A place called home. Ohta and Konishi accepted an offer to become professional fighters abroad. For Kohaku who grew up with no one, Mugen was his everything. He struggled to accept these changes. In the same time as Mugen in a neighboring coastal region a new influence had started moving. They called themselves, the Mighty Warriors. Soon they would start causing trouble. Accidentally, it was pined on the 'Mugen'. That's when Kuryu Group turned its attention all around the Mugen. And the real problems began.

~ Mugen's Downfall ~

Hyuga group was called by the Kuryu to settle the 'problem'. The attacked Cobra randomly, and the group of Seven decided to meet with them and settle the fight. Due to this, Mugen's expanded reputation had knocked over the Hyuga Group's and Mugen welcomed its Golden age. Later on the fearsome Amamiya Brothers crossed paths with Mugen and stood up to the increasingly directionless gang. In the bay area, the Mighty Warriors began to consolidate power. Tragedy soon the Mugen group. Mugen's grip on the town ended after the legendary Amamiya Brothers refused to submit to their will. They never managed to settle things with the Amamiya Brothers leaving only their doomed fate. To make things worse, the accident that caused Tatsuya to die, and Tsukumo to be in a coma. Kohaku lost himself and disappeared. The Amamiya Brothers hid themselves. Suddenly, The Mugen were no more.

The town once dominated by Mugen, had been split into 5 district. Taken over by the gangs Sannoh Rengokai, White Rascals, Oya Kohkoh, Rude Boys and Daruma Ikka. The 5 gangs that comprise S.W.O.R.D. fought for their pride and glory, to protect their district. The members of those five main gangs. Were guys who grew up in the same circumstances. They never got a proper upbringing, but they fought better than anyone. Those guys naturally came together. They conversed naturally. They were brought together to protect the 5 districts. If these five teams protect the city, the balance of S.W.O.R.D. will be kept. But the road is long, and the journey rough. Until all of them understand that their main goal is to protect the balance and not to fight each other. That they should break the chain of hate. There is something bigger they have to deal with, something that is slowly growing underneath.

Rumors had it that there was nothing inside the Iemura Group that it wasn't rotten. The power of money had made all the members of the Kuryu Group evil to the bone. SWORD reality was about to change as foe would appeared. From the Kuryu Group to the Korea Mafia, who plotted to bring all five gangs down. So they used all five districts to their benefit. Side Gangs like Mighty Warriors, Doubt, and Prison Gang. The line between friends and foes was lost. Forgotten secrets will be uncovered. Bitter enemies will be forgiven. What will happen to SWORD ?

Let's unfold their Future.


~ Zooming in ~


Iemura Kasumi was the only child of Iemura Tastumi (boss of the Iemura and important member of the Kuryu Group). Her mother died after giving birth to her. She was raised by her grand parents in a small village in Hokkaido. Kasumi's grand parents died in an accident. Kasumi was ten years old, when she ended up living with her father. She found out exactly what her father was doing, but she never wanted to be part of it.

Kasumi was petite, around 4'9 with black curly hair and big black eyes. Her skin pale, soft and fresh. She had a rather pixie-like nose. Her lips cute, light pink like they had dwelt into the Sakura colors. Her Dimples were pressed under her high cheekbones. She always hid two things: her height by wearing high heels and her eye color by wearing purple-blue contact lenses. She was always paying attention to her clothing. Everything was on point and fashionable. She loved high heels, that would add some high to her shortness. Kasumi played always fair. If she thought things were wrong she would speak her mind out loud. Pretty, elegant, confident, honest, strong and independent. She would get the attention always, even if she was never asking for it. She hardly could fit in the world of Iemura Group or the S.W.O.R.D.

Growing up around the Iemura was not easy. The Yakuza world was not a place for a young girl. It was filthy and dangerous. She was taught to defend herself, since the day she arrived in her father's house. Yet, fighting was never part of her. She did not fight for any good reason. Why people had to fight? Maybe in her father's world it was needed. But not in hers. Kasumi had bigger dreams, she wanted to become a lawyer. Escape from home, and live on her own. She loved and cared about her father. Yet, she could never understand his shady acts.

Of course the Iemura were not always like that. Kasumi could remember it used to be different. Indeed they were part of the Yakuza. But they had codes and rules. Moderately they changed to something worse. Rumors had it, that there was nothing inside the Iemura Group that it wasn't rotten. The power of money made all the members of the Kuryu Group evil to the bone. And living under the same roof as her father, Kasumi witnessed the changes. She was slowly putting pieces together. She had noticed that the Iemura Group was more active lately.

She was now a 3rd year student in Faculty of Law at the University of Tokyo. She was studying hard trying to make a difference, and eventually find her own path. Her father actually loved the idea that Kasumi would be a lawyer. It could be helpful for their 'business'. Yet, he slowly started to understand that Kasumi would never be part of his world. She was more like her mother, with ideas and dreams.

On the other side Cobra* (Cobra's real name is Hino Janpei) was the leader of the Sannoh Association. He grew up with Yamato and Noboru, and they're close friends. He took the nickname Cobra, in elementary school by Noboru and Yamato. He had the ability to twist like a cobra when fighting. His parents owned a gas station "Hino Oil". He was a Former member of the Mugen, like Yamato.

At younger age, he was more talk active. His persona was cheerful and sometimes even naïve. He cared about his friends and family. Cobra changed a lot after Tatsuya's death and Noburo's incident. He did not talk a lot, only when needed. And his words were heavy. He cared more than he showed. His obligation to protect the city was bigger than anyone else.

He had ash blond hair, that mostly hide his fore head and eyes. His mouth small with perfect alabaster teeth, and noticeable lips. He stood at 5'7 tall with a well trained figure. His gaze deadly serious, with looks that get the attention. Perfect strong hands with long fingers. He was great at wrestling attacks, and very fast and right at his attacks. He wore casual clothes, and had mostly a red scarf with him. A red scarf that he sometimes used while fighting.

Cobra never liked studying. He enjoyed riding his motorcycle and hanging out with friends. Yet, things had changed lately to more serious. He was smart and could easy read his surroundings. Lately fighting and be in trouble, was a daily routine. He preferred to fight, only if he needed to protect something. He was one of the few that wanted (wants) to end the cycle of hate.

A key persona, that started as a simple member of the Mugen, but ended part of the S.W.O.R.D. He was always taken seriously and his words counted. He was one of the few that was around since the Mugen were formed. One of the few who met Kohaku and Tatsuya in the good days. And one of the S.W.O.R.D. leader. He wanted to keep the balance between the S.W.O.R.D.

Yamato and Noboru were very important friends to him. But he cared for all his friends. Although Cobra did not show his feelings, and many times was misunderstood. It's not an easy persona, serious, and sometimes has his bad moments. He had his soft side, but isn't often showing. Only when he is drank he turns too silly and to kind. Most of the times his friend try to run, and don't want to be around him (when he is drank).


~ Act One: The new member of Hoodlum Squad ~


"Old Lady, what's for dinner?" Yamato asked his mother, who appeared around the shop.

His mother with a pouting expression replied "Whenever someone sees my face, the call me Old Woman! I am not an Old Woman!"

"What do you mean? You leave your son to work hard!" Yamato .

"There is no dinner for you! Shut up!" she joked back.

Although his mother was every day out playing pachinko*, and was nothing clause to a mother model. Before leaving the house she would prepare some onigiri* (rice-balls) for CobraNoboru and him ( she did that since they were kids). Every day after school, the three of them would gather at "Asahina Garage" and start their evening by eating onigiri.

Ichigo Milk, a girl gang, thought his mother as their senpai*. They were angry at Yamato that called his mother an Old lady. "Don't call her that! She isn't an old lady" all four girls yelled at Yamato. And Yamato to find his peace and quiet agreed with them. "Got it! I was wrong, you can leave now!" he admitted.

"Deal with your customer already?" his mother told him making Yamato turn and notice Chiharu. He recognized, who he was. But some how Him being there, made Yamato think bad news would about to be delivered. "Sorry, but if you're here to repair a bike we're closed today!" Yamato answered gazing back at the bike he was repairing.

Chiharu walked closer to Yamato and told him "You don't remember me? A week ago you saved me... My name is Chiharu. Actually, thanks to you saving me that day, they're even more violent."

Yamato paused what he was doing and looked up at him "Eh? For saving you? Because of me?" he quizzed confused.

"I can't be at Oya High now. Then you should be responsible, right?" Chiharu said easily like it was not a big deal.

"What? What do you mean be responsible?" Yamato asked him bewildered once again.

"Can't you take me in the Sannoh Association?" Chiharu requested.

The first issues started right there. Yamato deeply wanted to help Chiharu, and honestly he had no issue bringing him along with the Sannoh Gang. The whole situation reminded him what had happened with Noboru. He just couldn't let the matter be. Although there was a more serious problem. Chiharu was still a member of Oya High. And having him leave Oya high like that, and join the Sannoh wouldn't be easy. It could also cause many issues between the two gangs. But as much as he wanted to avoid it, Yamato couldn't. He took Chiharu and went to Itokan Diner to discuss it with Cobra and the others. But he was sure Cobra wouldn't agree with him. He cared a lot about the Hoodlum Squad, and wouldn't go in any fight between the Oya High. Keeping the balance of S.W.O.R.D. was very important.


Later the same day, Yamato and Chiharu reached the Itokan Diner. Cobra, Dan, Tettsu and few more of the Hoodlum Squad members were already sitting and having a drink against the red leather sofa of Itokan Diner. Yamato pointed at Chiharu and said "I'm sorry this is abrupt, but I'm asking to let this kid into our team!" making the team to turn and face him confused.

One member asked Dan if he knew the kid. But Dan simple replied "No!". Tettsu added, as he recognized Chiharu "Huh? That guy's Oya High isn't he?" Everyone started to react as they found out that he was part of Oya High. But they were interrupted by Naomi who told them to stop it.

Cobra uncrossed his legs and leaned his upper body forward, as the news got more than his attention. Everyone, including Chiharu turned and faced the Leader.

Tettsu stood up and walked towards Chiharu, he seemed worried. "You come out with me for a second." Tettsu said to Chiharu and took him outside to let the others talk.

Cobra cast a deadly gaze at Yamato and serious asked him "Oi, Yamato! How did this happen?" Having a new member inside the Hoodlum Squad was not a problem. But if that member was still part of Oya High the problem would be huge. He seemed pissed with the situation, and hit his hand against the table. "That excuse cannot stand!" Cobra almost yelled at him and stood up facing away from Yamato.

"Then I will let it be!" Yamato said lowering his gaze but looking angry.

Dan that was still sitting against the red leather sofa added "But the reality is, if this is discovered at Oya High, it's the same as making an excuse to fight."

Though Cobra cut him off explaining as he faced Dan "Oya High isn't a big deal, we can take them down anytime!" Yamato was now facing him, he went on saying "But this matter has no relationship with Sannoh!" The Leader walked over to Yamato face to face finishing his talk "It's your guy's problem!" and tapped him against his shoulder. Letting Yamato knowing that he wouldn't let the Sannoh Rengokai interfere. He knew and he knew it well, if he would take part they would end up fighting with Oya High. S.W.O.R.D. was maintaining its balance by a very thin thread.


The next days were more confounding and dangerous than the Sannoh members thought. Oya High made more often their appearance around the Sannoh parts to remind them that they didn't let the matter drop. Cobra and Yamato, didn't talk around those times. Yamato kept thinking of Noboru. These problem with Chiharu reminded him of him. Yamato didn't want to make the same mistakes. So there was no way he wouldn't help Chiharu. Soon the leader of Oya High made his appearance with the rest of the Oya High, at the Sannoh district. He met there with Yamato, Tettsu, Dan and the others. Only Cobra wasn't there. It was pure luck they didn't fight at that time. Although now it was more clear than ever that they couldn't avoid it. And sooner or later Chiharu should go and settled the issues with the Oya High, before becoming a Sannoh member.

Meanwhile, at the Itokan Diner Cobra was sitting at the bar spacing out. Naomi was trying to cook rice omelet. No one else was around, since they were facing the Oya High Gang. Cobra recalled what had happened with Noboru. He was sure Yamato wanted to help Chiharu, so nothing like that would happen to anyone else. What bothered him was that it could affect the balance, if they started a fight with the Oya High. Cobra, as well as Yamato and Naomi knew it well. Mugen battles left them with bad experiences.

Kasumi (the daughter of the Iemura Leader) was randomly crossing the Sannoh Region. Of course, she had no idea that the district she had reached was part of the Sannoh Rengokai. Kasumi had once more a bad argument with her father. Like always she never approved of his ways. Lately, the Iemura Group made it harder for her to work. She lost her part time job in a cafe. She worked there after her classes were over. Kasumi was planning to safe money and leave the Iemura. Kasumi was more than annoyed. She had spend all day out, and had no indention to return home any soon.

Walking around the Sannoh district made Kasumi to stand out from the crowd. She was wearing a rather expensive short black dress, and a white jacket, with black high heels. Her height, as well as her odd purple-blue big eyes were noted. Kasumi didn't pay attention at people, since she was still annoyed and half mumbling about the fight with her father. She stabled against Itokan Diner, and with out any thoughts she made her way in. "They should have some food" she mumbled as she placed all her weight and opened the door. Naomi that was still making the rice omelet, welcomed her "Welcome to Itokan Diner..." But she lost her words when she saw Kasumi. 'How on earth, did a girl like her end up here' she thought.

Kasumi closed the door behind her and took a look around the shop. She noticed the Sannoh Rengokai signs all around the place, she thought that maybe she was close to their district. Kasumi had never met anyone of Sannoh Rengokai members. "You are open right?" she asked as she stepped further in. Naomi nodded and placed a glass of water to an empty seat next to Cobra. Kasumi walked over and took a seat were the water was. She gave a fast glance at Cobra, but he seemed spaced out and some how bad news. She turned and faced Naomi. "You do have food right?" Kasumi asked her with a sweet voice that some how got the attention of Cobra. But steal he kept his thoughts busy.

"Of course we have food!" Naomi said naturally. "What would you like to have?" she asked as she handed Kasumi the menu. "Here take a look and when you have made up your mind let me know!" she added.

Kasumi sat cozier against the bar seat and tried to faced away of the man sitting next to her. She took the menu, and placed it in front of her. She quizzed why Naomi would make her seat over the bar. There were many seats around. Anyway it wasn't after all that important. She just wanted to eat something and keep going. Kasumi sipped some water and placed the glass against the counter. Then, she started looking at the menu.

Her refreshing aura slowly filled the room. Naomi, as well as Cobra, noted. For Cobra that smell was annoying. He was about to stand up and move to another seat, when accidentally the glass of water fell all over him. It was placed next to Kasumi as she was leaning over the counter to read the menu, her elbow pushed the glass. It flipped over and fell against Cobra, making his red shirt all wet. Then, the glass hit the floor and broke. It was the breaking sound that made Kasumi turn suddenly and face him. She noticed the water all over him and the broken glass on the ground. Next her eyes pinned against his and she clearly watched his angry expression on his face. Naomi was sure, if Kasumi wasn't a girl, she would been attacked at the moment by Cobra.

Few seconds of silent filled the room. Cobra looked at the girl in front of him. She looked like she came from another world. Cobra didn't bother to say anything. He simply rubbed the water off his shirt. He turned and walked away from the bar to the couch. Next he sat down. Bigger problems were on his mind, at the moment. Naomi was just glad he acted like that. Kasumi knelt and pick up the glasses.

"Let them be. I will clean it. You might cut yourself." Naomi suggested as she showed up with a broom. Kasumi nodded and moved aside. Though she couldn't just let things be.

Kasumi simply opened her bag and took a white handkerchief and stepped over were Cobra was. Cobra was still spacing out with his look on the ground, as he noticed white heels standing close to him. He rose his head, with his mad gaze, to see Kasumi standing over and offering him the handkerchief. "Sorry, I didn't mean to split the water!" she said kindly as she tried to give the handkerchief to Cobra. Naomi that had just noticed what happened tried to step up. She just felt that it was a bad time to talk with Cobra at the moment.

Cobra simply took the handkerchief and gazed at her odd colored eyes still mad. He threw it back to her. He didn't had the time to deal with such girly things. Next, he pumped against her pushing her aside and made his way to the door. Naomi breath was back, happy that nothing happened. She had not finish that thought, as Kasumi picked up the handkerchief and squeezed it against her right hand. She was annoyed now with the yankees behavior. And when Kasumi thought something wasn't fair she would talk her mind out.

She outrun Cobra and cut his way at the entrance, as she through the handkerchief back at his face. She glared at him as she leaned against the entrance door. "I said I was sorry for splitting the water. You didn't need to say anything, but you didn't have to be so rude." she voiced clearly. "I can get that you have no manners. But throwing back the handkerchief... what was that?" she demanded.

Cobra paused a bit astonished. Seeing a normal girl like that reacting with out fear got his attention. Yet, it made him furious. He tried to pushed her from the door. Still gazing at her deadly, not talking at her. Naomi walked closer ready to catch Cobra, if he would try to attack the girl. 'What was she thinking?' Naomi inner voice said finding the girl some how interesting. After all she was just blogging the way of the the Sannoh Rengokai's Leader.

Kasumi didn't obey and remained at her sport. She just leaned all her weight against the door, as Cobra grabbed her right arm trying to push her aside. "I am not moving until you say that you are sorry." she requested. There was no way that Kasumi would let it slight. She was already annoyed since that morning with the fight she had with her father. Cobra wasn't also in the mood. He simply put more force and dragged her away from the door causing her to fall down. He paused before opening the door "Next time be sure with who you decide to deal with!" he uttered serious and left. He wasn't sure why he acted like that. He would never put any force against a girl. But that one did just annoy him.

Kasumi got up and tried to follow him. Thankfully, Naomi put an end to her foolish act. "Stop! Come and eat! Let it pass. There is no way you will get what you want." she explained. Kasumi stood up, placed her clothes in order and sat back. She knew that Naomi was serious, and decided to drop the matter.

"What's wrong with him?" Kasumi asked as she crossed her legs and lean against the counter.

"It's a long story. Though it would be safer if you don't walk around these parts. It can be dangerous." Naomi advised her.

"These parts?" Kasumi quizzed. Then she pointed at the Sannoh Rengokai sign. "Is these district part of the Sannoh Rengokai?" she asked.

For a normal girl to know about the Sannoh gang it seemed some how strange for Naomi. "Yes it is! And this is their hang out." she let Kasumi know. Not to scare her, but to tell her to be more careful.

Kasumi order a rice-omelet, eat and left. That evening she thought she would never again cross the Sannoh Rengokai district. But less did she know, that her faith had other plans for her.

((Next:: Act Two ))


Side Note:

Names: are written like Surname, followed by First Name in Japan. For example Iemura Kasumi, Surname is Iemura and First name is Kasumi.

Mugen: is a word of Japanese origin, meaning dream, fantasy, or infinite. Here it means Infinite.

Pachinko: is a type of mechanical game originating in Japan. A pachinko machine resembles a vertical pinball machine, but has no flippers and uses a large number of small balls. If the balls go into certain locations, they may be captured and sequences of events may be triggered that result in more balls being object of the game is to capture as many balls as possible. These balls can then be exchanged for prizes.

Onigiri: rice ball, is a Japanese food made from white rice formed into triangular or cylinder shapes and often wrapped in nori (seaweed)

Senpai: A Japanese honorific used when someone is older than you in age or they have more experience in a field than you. The opposite being Kouhai