First Snow

Just A Friend ( An Idol's Love Story)

After those text messages, Donghae and I started to contact each other more frequently. Even when we are busy, we always make sure to greet each other in the morning and say goodnight at night. Though we really didn’t get to see each other, we passed by each other but we couldn’t talk because of our schedules.

One day the members and I had some free time so we decided to go online and search on stuff about us. You know, so we could know what netizens think of us. We were watching fanvids of our performances when we saw a video labeled “G.A.L’s confessions.” It was the one on Star Golden Bell.

Regine and I felt embarrassed while watching but still laughed while the othere members were really laughing happily.After watching the videos, we scrolled down and were shocked to see the comments.

COMMENTS:

“Stupid G.A.L! They’re so ugly and they are sl**ts! Trying to steal my Super Junior oppas.”

“ They just had plastic surgery! They are such fakes!”

“Vian is uglier than a tarsier!”

“PFT! Lyn?! Pretty?! A monkey is prettier than her!”

“Regine has a really bad voice, how come her nickname is singing princess?!”

you is a sl*tty b!tch! If she thinks she has a chance with Donghae oppa then forget it!”

And so on…there were some positive comments but only a few. Vian started to tear up after the comments.

“Why are they writing this? We didn’t do anything to them.” Regine frowned

“I’m prettier than a monkey! She must be the ugly one!” Lyn glared at the screen

“Who do they think they are?! It’s not our fault that we’re friends with their idols!” I slammed the keyboard

==
A few days later and we were going to have a photoshoot with Super Junior. It was awkward, very awkward because we were trying to avoid as much interaction with them and besides there were cameras there who were filming us.

After the photoshoot ended and the filming has stopped, Super Junior approached us.

“Let’s go buy dinner and head on to the SM building together.” Leeteuk smiled at us

The others nodded and agreed.

The girls and I looked at each other. One thing on our minds: anti-fans. We politely refused and left in a hurry.

==
At the SM building, we tried to forget our problems through practicing hard. The manager and instructor noticed our aggressiveness and jokingly said that they wished we were always like this.

But as soon as the instructor gave us a break, the pain and frustration came rushing back to us. We didn’t talk to each other and just sulked, each of us deep on our own thoughts.

I sighed and stood up to go buy some water. As I took out the water from the vending machine, I turned to look at the door. In that room, I got to spend some time with Donghae. I sighed once more.

I started to tear up then I felt a hand on my shoulder. I quickly wiped away my tears and turned around.

“Oppa…?” My voice broke

Donghae didn’t say anything and just pulled me into a hug. That did it, I started to cry.

==
“ So that’s why you guys were acting so weird earlier.”

Donghae and I were back at the room and I just told him the reason why I cried since he kept on pestering me about it.

you -sshi, I’m sorry.”

I looked at him and started to feel sorry myself. I shouldn’t have told him what happened.

“You don’t need to say sorry oppa, It’s not like you were the one who posted those comments.”

“But I—I mean we are the reason why you girls are getting so much hate.” Donghae said

I sniffed as tried to hold my tears back “Don’t worry oppa, we’re going to be fine.” I forced a smile

“Just remember, I’m here whenever you need me.” Donghae laid his hand on mine

Instead of fangirling, I found myself calm. Probably because of the ‘crisis’ but I did feel grateful and touched.

I smiled at him again, a sincere one this time “Thank you.” I mouthed since no voice would come out

Donghae nodded his head and pulled me in for another hug. After that day, Donghae and I became much closer. We talked more and as each day passed, I found myself falling for him more and more.

==
“Do you think it’s gonna snow?” I asked Donghae

We were at one of the practice rooms and I was staring outside the window. Donghae stopped dancing and headed towards me.

“I don’t know, why’d you ask?” He also stared outside the window

“I like snows.” I smiled “Never experienced it when I was younger, only when I came to Korea.”

==
G.A.L and I just came back home after a tiring schedule, Vian dropped dead on the couch as soon as we entered. Normally, I would drag her towards our room but I felt so tired and had zero energy so I just left her there and threw a stuffed toy at her.

I didn’t even bother to take off my make-up or change my clothes, I went directly to bed and fell asleep.

*Ring* *Ring*

I moved in my bed as I heard some soft, ringing sounds.

*Ring* *Ring*

I stretched my hand towards my bag and took out my cellphone.

“Mm.” I answered

you -sshi. It’s Donghae, did I wake you up?”

Donghae?! Even though I love this guy so much, did he really have to call me so early in the morning?!

“No oppa, you didn’t.” I answered with sarcasm

“Sorry.” Donghae said and an image of him pouting came to mind.

I sighed “What do you want?”

“Look outside the window.” He urged excitedly

“Why?” I asked with irritation

“Just go and look!”

“Aish.ok, ok!”

I stood up from my bed and pulled off the blinds. I stared blankly at the window. Little, white things were falling. What’s that? Dandruff? Why is dandruff falling from the sky?

I was about to ask the very same question to Donghae when I realized it wasn’t dandruff but snow! Glorious snow! I hurriedly opened the window to the fullest extent and stuck my head out.

“Oppa, it’s snowing!” I told him

I heard him chuckle “Yeah, I know.”

“But you know, it’s not that cold.” I frowned

I looked around and noticed something strange, it wasn’t snowing on the other parts of the street. Eh?!

“Oppa, the snow is really strange today.”

I heard him chuckle once more “Mmmm…really?”

Something about his tone made me suspicious.

you !”

Eh? That’s Donghae oppa. I looked up and saw Donghae at the rooftop, waving happily at me. Now I know the reason for the weird snow. I smiled at him and put my finger to my lips to shush him, I don’t think the neighbors would appreciate noise early in the morning.

He nodded his head and pretended to zip his lips. I laughed.