Broken

Just A Friend ( An Idol's Love Story)

[I don't know why but I think SUJU's song Monster fits this chap.haha.]

As I came back to where everyone else was, I was met with the sight of once again HaeSica.

They were saying their goodbyes to each other. Well, Donghae was actually saying goodbye to everyone but I only noticed the part when it was with Jessica. He didn’t even say goodbye to me, he just went and left.

Well, it could have been related to the fact that I was hidden by a large wall but I would have expected for him to look for me. We’re friends, aren’t we?

“You like him, don’t you?”

I jumped a little. I didn’t even realize Kibum was already behind me. I swiftly turned around and face him.

“What are you talking about?” I said

“Donghae. You like him, don’t you?” Kibum gave me a self-satisfied smile

“I don’t know what you’re talking about!” I glared at him and turned to leave when he grabbed my wrist and whispered the words: You shouldn’t love him, you would only end up getting hurt.

I faced him one more time.

==
The girls and I were at the car, we were on our ride home. They were tired but they were still very happy that they got to spend time with others while I was in the backseat by myself as Kibum’s words rang through my mind.

‘You shouldn’t love him, you would only end up getting hurt.’

I watched the places we passed by slowly coming into a blur as I started to tear up.

you , are you alright?” Regine put her hand on my shoulder

The three of them gathered in the back seat and tried to comfort me as I continued to cry.

==
We arrived home and my tears were finally dry. Who could keep on crying when your members were trying to make you laugh? They didn’t ask me why I was crying, they just let me be.

Vian and I laid on our beds. Time passed by and I thought she has fallen asleep when she suddenly spoke.

“Is this about Donghae?”

I looked at her and smiled “How’d you know?”

“Well I remember you telling me, back when we weren’t even trainees yet, that whenever you imagined Donghae with someone else, you would feel so sad.” Vian recalled

I laughed as I remembered those days. Those days, Donghae felt like a dream. I never really imagined that I could be here and be friends with him.

Silence settled in the room as Vian and I were deep in our own thoughts, reminiscing about the past.

==
I woke up as the blinding rays of the sunlight struck me. I covered my eyes and sat up. I left the room just in time for Vian to set up the table.

“What’s our breakfast?” I asked as I plopped unto a chair

“Eggs.” Vian answered

Regine entered and Vian and I laughed. (One of Regine’s nicknames is egg)

“Why are you laughing?” Regine sat down on the chair across me and put her head on the table

We chose not to answer her because she immediately fell asleep. Then Lyn came out. She stared at Regine then raised her brow at me.

“Don’t ask.” I told her

Lyn took a seat and yawned. “I’m tired.”

“Me too.” I put my hand under my chin

Vian set down our food and I watched Lyn become energized “FOOD!”

“Huh? What?” Regine looked around

==
Today was the start of our shooting for the SMtown music video. The girls and I got ready then we headed on to the filming site. We were the last to arrive.

“Annyeong-hasaeyo.” We greeted

The sunbaes smiled and greeted back. We weren’t able to talk to them because almost immediately, we were rushed to make-up.

“Right now, we are at (put place here). Even though it’s cold, we’ll try our best!” I said to the cameras

Then behind me Donghae and Eunhyuk danced to ‘sorry, sorry.’

“Why are you promoting our song right now?” Leeteuk popped in and shook his head “Viewers, please make sure to support ‘sorry, sorry.’”

Then Leeteuk did the dance with Eunhyuk and Donghae. I walked away but Tiffany suddenly pushed me back.

“We’re really close.” Tiffany pointed to herself and I

“Yeah.” I nodded my head

“Hey, you guys are blocking us.” Eunhyuk jokingly complained

Tiffany and I stared at each other then “Sorry..sorry…sorry…sorry..”

We laughed and walked away.

==
The shooting started. At the first part, we didn’t have to do anything but to look like we’re having fun. Well that wasn’t really hard to do.

At least once, each one of us went right up to the camera and blocked the others.

“Yeah..yeah..yeah!” I made some hand gestures like a rapper

But Lyn went and pulled me away to have her own solo. At the background, I ran around, spraying fake snow at everyone. When I passed Donghae, he grabbed my wrist.

“You seem to be having fun.” Donghae smiled

“I am! Oppa, I never knew fake snow was so much fun to play with!” I threw some fake snow at him

“Hey!” He shouted and we started to chase each other as he tried to also throw some fake snow at me.

I suddenly came across something slippery and slipped. It didn’t help that Donghae was right behind me so it ended up with him above me.

Everyone stopped whatever they were doing and looked at us. I was staring right into Donghae’s eyes. How many times have I imagined this? Now the only thing that could make this perfect is a kiss but I guess that will only stay as a fantasy…

Donghae immediately stood up and apologized over and over again, even when he was helping me up, he continued to apologize.

“It’s fine oppa, it’s fine.” I smile

How could a grown man like him look so cute? Everyone rushed towards me and also asked if I was ok. I said was I fine, well that was I thought anyway, because as soon as I tried to walk, unbearable pain jolted my knee and I fell again but this time Donghae caught me in his arms.

Everyone around me panicked. Donghae picked me up and carried me in his arms.

-----