complications

Just A Friend ( An Idol's Love Story)

The doorbell rang early in the morning once again. I rolled in bed, waiting for Vian to get up and answer it. When she didn’t even move, I threw a pillow at her.

“Go answer the door.”

“I don’t want to. What if it was LSM again?”

The doorbell rang again. This time it was pretty obvious that no one was going to answer the door so I stood up from bed and walked towards the door.

“I’m coming.” I called out

I opened the door and froze “Unnie?”

==
It seems that it have been people’s hobby to just randomly come to our dorm. First Kibum, then LSM and now Jessica but something that I’ve noticed though was that it always ended well in the end.

“Actually, I just came here to return something to you.” Jessica announced

Return? I don’t remember lending her anything. Jessica took something out of her purse but I couldn’t see what it was because it was clamped in her fist. She took my hand and put whatever it was in it. I furrowed my brows as I looked at her.

“Open it.” Jessica urged

I hesitantly looked down on my palm and opened my hand. I gasped when I saw what Jessica had given me, it was the necklace. My eyes flew up to her neck and I saw that it was bare.

“Unnie..”

“Don’t say anything. That necklace seems to be special to Donghae and I think the only girl who deserves to have that necklace is the one who owns his heart and that’s you.” Jessica said, tears in her eyes, even though she forced a smile

Seeing her like that was just heartbreaking. Jessica is such a brave and strong girl. Unlike me, I never fought for my love of Donghae, but she went through a lot and now she’s just giving him to me like that. Tears formed in my own eyes and I hugged her.

“Gamsahamnida unnie.”

Jessica was about to leave and has already stepped out of the dorm when she suddenly turned around.

you -sshi, can I ask you for a favor?”

I nodded

“You….please take care of Donghae oppa.” Jessica smiled even when there were tears in her eyes

I smiled and nodded my head “I will unnie.”

==
Since I had some free time, I decided to make a lunchbox for Donghae. The only difference was that he wouldn’t be able to eat it during lunch because we weren’t going to meet until late night but midnight snacks are great!

I entered the room and called Donghae’s cellphone. It took three consecutive rings before he could answer.

“Yobosaeyo?”

“Oppa, it’s me. Could you come to the room?”

Donghae didn’t answer

“Oppa? Are you still there?”

“Oh. Sorry you , something distracted me. I’m sorry but I can’t go, we still have some filming to do.”

“Oh.”

“Why? Did you prepare something special?”

“Nothing oppa.” My grip tightened on the lunchbox

“Ah, well I have to go. Bye!” Before I could even answer, Donghae has already turned off the phone call.

I sighed. Why am I even disappointed? It’s not like this wasn’t bound to happen. Donghae couldn’t have all his evenings free, especially since they’re promoting a new song now.

I went back to the practice room and joined the members. Even though it’s been awhile that I’ve actually spent time with them behind the scenes, they welcomed me and we started to goof around and laugh.

Just when I was about to sleep, my phone rang. I wanted to ignore it but when I saw it was Donghae I quickly exited my and Vian’s bedroom and went to the living room.

“Yobosaeyo?”

you -sshi, sorry.”

“Why?”

“Because I hung up on you earlier.” Donghae said, his voice somber

I smiled “It’s alright.”

“Well let me make up to you, tomorrow let’s have a midnight snack together, arasso?”

“Arasso.”

==
The next night I waited for Donghae in our room. I even set up a picnic mat and scented candles to set the mood. I also filled the mat with rose petals.

But an hour past and Donghae didn’t come. I tried to contact him but his phone just kept on ringing. It took another 20 minutes for me to realize that he wouldn’t come. I stood up, tears stinging my eyes and opened the door but then I saw Kibum. He gave me a smile and held up a picnic basket, I smiled back and let him in.

“How’d you know I was here?” I asked, as I bit into a sandwich

“I had this gut feeling.” Kibum looked around “Were you planning something?”

I stopped eating and looked down “I was supposed to have a snack with Donghae.”

Kibum cleared his throat uncomfortably “He’s just probably busy.”

“I know. I can’t blame him.” I sighed

==
The next day, hoping to catch Donghae, I opened the door to the room. It suddenly felt like de ja vu as I saw Donghae with another girl, their lips together.