Main Character

Just A Friend ( An Idol's Love Story)

The sound of my plastic bag dropping on the floor broke Jessica and Donghae apart. Both of them looked at me in shock.

My eyes brimmed with tears and I looked away “I- I’m sorry. I didn’t think anyone was here.”

I left the room.

you -sshi!”

Donghae called my name but I didn’t dare turn around. When I heard footsteps behind me, I started to run.

you -sshi! Wait!” Donghae finally caught up with me. He grabbed my arms and turned me around “You- you’re crying.”

“No oppa, I’m not. Something just got into my eye.” I forced a smile “Don’t worry I won’t tell anyone what I saw.”

I took his hands off me and walked away. Tears flowed down my face no matter how much I tried to stop them. I decided to go in a vacant practice room and cry my heart out.

“See? I was right, wasn’t I?”

I looked up and saw Kibum leaning on the door “Leave me alone.”

“Ya, what kind of guy do you think I am? How can I leave a girl crying like this?”

He walked towards me and handed his handkerchief “Here use it.”

My eyes traveled to the handkerchief

“Don’t worry.I didn’t use it if that’s what you’re thinking, take it.”

I stared back at him. Kibum sighed and kneeled down in one knee, wiping my tears in the process. After that, he put his hand on my head.

“Don’t cry anymore, ok?”

==
I sipped my coffee and sighed, forming clouds. The sun was rising and I was at a café with Kibum.

“How is it?” Kibum asked

“It’s delicious.” I answered
“You should go home.”

“What?”

Kibum took my coffee “C’mon, I’ll take you home.”

He grabbed me by the wrist.

==
We arrived at my apartment and I stared at it. I wonder what the girls’ reactions will be? They would probably shout at me.

“What? Are you waiting for me to open the door?”

“No.” I answered and opened the door. “Bye I stepped out of the car and walked towards the apartment.

I stopped walking and returned to the car. Kibum rolled down the windows “Did you forget something?”

“Yes, I forgot to say thank you.” I smiled, Kibum smiled back “Drive safely.” I said before walking back to the apartment

“Ya!” Kibum called out “Make sure that when you give me back my handkerchief, it’s nice and clean! It’s expensive you know!”

I rolled my eyes and continued walking.

==
As soon as I stepped into the dorm, the girls (and manager) clustered around me.

“Are you alright?”

“Have you eaten yet?”

“Where’d you go?!”

“Ya! Do you know how worried we where?!”

“I’m alright.” I answered with a smile “I’m gonna go take a shower.”

The members and manager stared at me, dumbfounded.

While taking a shower, the scene that I wasn’t supposed to see came flashing back. Why couldn’t have I found out about it sooner? Then I wouldn’t have fallen for him more.

==
“So how long have you two been dating?” I asked

“Quite awhile. Ever since the rumors exploded.” Donghae answered

“Rumors? What rumors?”

“The pictures of us kissing.”

“So.th-they were true?” I grasped the bar

Donghae smiled “No, they weren’t. Before that we had an oppa-dongsaeng relationship just like ours but I’ve always secretly liked her.”

FLASHBACK

Donghae entered one of the practice rooms to see Jessica on the floor, crying. Donghae hurriedly went up to her.

“Sica, what’s wrong?”

“Oppa, look at this.” Jessica handed over the pictures

“Who are they?” Donghae asked as he looked through the pictures

“They’re supposed to be us.” Jessica sniffed

Donghae looked at her “What?”

“Oppa, do you know that because of those pictures, I already have anti-fans? And I haven’t even debut yet!” Jessica started to cry more

Donghae threw the pictures and held Jessica in her arms “Jessica, don’t cry. Oppa is here, oppa will protect you.”

Jessica looked up “Oppa, thank you.”

Donghae didn’t answer and instead leaned down on Jessica. Their lips met.

END OF FLASHBACK

I can’t believe it. Those stupid antis. They were the ones who brought Donghae and Jessica together. Actually, when I think about it, those antis also brought Donghae and me closer. This is so annoying.

==
My relationship with Donghae didn’t change. Still the same as before, we would spend time with each other, but this time it wasn’t just the two of us. Jessica was around more.

To be honest, even though I want to hate Jessica, I couldn’t. Despite her cold features, she was really nice and friendly and it was clear that she was really trying to be friends with me.

I’m not surprised why Donghae fell for her. She has everything. Looks, talent and personality. Jessica is perfect.

“Does our maknae have a problem?”

I popped out from my thoughts and saw Jessica beside me. When did she get here? She looked at me and smiled.

“You can tell me about it.”

I sighed and leaned back “Unnie, do you know how it is to love someone that loves someone else?”

Jessica frowned “One-sided love?No, not really.”

I looked at her. Really?

Jessica laughed “Of course I have. I think everyone’s felt it in some point of their lives, why did you ask? Is that what’s happening to you?”

I put on a smile “No, of course not. It’s the plot of the drama I’m watching now.”

“Really? What’s the title of the drama?” Jessica asked

“Uh…title? Title..uh..”

you I heard your Korean wasn’t that good. Title is ‘title’ in English.” Jessica explained

Of course I know what title is, I’m not an idiot. Still, I smiled

“Really? Thank you for explaining.”

“Want to go for something to drink?”

“Eh?” I looked at Jessica. She smiled and hooked my arm with hers “Let’s go.”

Jessica dragged me away “You can tell me all about the drama on our way to the café.”

“Uh..right.”

==
I sipped my drink.

"How is it?"

"It's delicious unnie, thank you for bringing me here."

Jessica smiled "So about the drama..."

Dang! I thought she's forgotten about it.

"The main character's name isn't you by any chance, right?" Jessica put her hands together and put it under her chin, a smile on her face.