Goodbye

Just A Friend ( An Idol's Love Story)

The girls and I had just finished our special stage. We had performed SNSD’s Gee. We were doing the ending pose and I was breathing pretty heavily. Those practices really paid off. I haven’t made a single mistake and my vocals weren’t that bad either.

As soon as we got home, the girls and I went to the internet. Netizens are fast. It has only been an hour since the performance and it’s already on YouTube. We scrolled down to the comments.

‘Wow! The perf was good but I think they still could improve.’

‘They’re all so pretty!!!’

‘This reminds me of the time when they were known to be the ‘next generation of SNSD’ lol.’

After that comment, a debate started. Whether or not we were really like SNSD but I don’t really agree. SNSD is one of a kind yo~! Now where did that yo come from?
I laughed hysterically.

Regine hit me in the head and told me to shut up. Before I could hit her back, my phone rang. I glared at Regine and went to my room to answer the call.

“Yobosaeyo? No, I’m not busy. Now?”

==
“Where are you going?” Lyn asked

“I’m just going to meet someone. I’ll be back soon.” I smiled and left

==
I opened the door to the café and saw Taeyeon.

“Unnie.”

Taeyeon looked up and smiled “Sit down.”

I smiled and sat across the chair in front of her.

“Sorry if I called you so late.” Taeyeon gave me an apologetic smile

“No, unnie. It’s alright.”

“I’m really glad that you met up with me.”

I smiled. To be honest, I was feeling kind of nervous.

you -sshi, I actually have something very important to discuss with you.” Taeyeon paused “I know I’m not in the right to position to say this but… could you stay away from Donghae oppa for awhile?”

I looked at Taeyeon. Did my ears deceive me? Did I just hear her say to stay away from Donghae?

==

I walked back to the dorm, tears falling down from my eyes. I can’t believe what I just did.

‘What?” I squeaked, barely being able to speak.

you -sshi, you are also aware of Jessica and Donghae’s relationship, am I right?” Taeyeon said slowly, as if she herself was doubting her actions

I nodded

‘Lately, Jessica hasn’t been herself. She said there’s been tension between her and Donghae oppa. you you have to understand. I’m just trying to protect my members.” Taeyeon looked at me with pleading eyes ‘ Just until they fix things. Can you do it? Not only for Jessica but also for Donghae oppa.’

I wanted to say no. I wanted to shout at her and leave but I didn’t have the guts to do so and I found myself agreeing to her.

I entered the dorm and saw my members gathered in the living room. One glance at their faces and I saw how worried they were for me. No words were spoken, they simply stood up and gave me a hug my tears poured out.

==
I took a deep breath, preparing myself for what I was about to do. In this very place I’m standing, was also the place where Donghae had told me I was such a good friend.

you -sshi!”

I turned around and saw Donghae. He was cheerful as usual, smiling and running towards me.

“Why is it that you wanted to meet me?” Donghae asked “By chance, you’re not asking me for a date right?” Donghae winked

“Oppa.” I pouted

“I was just joking.” Donghae chuckled
I smiled and looked down.

you -sshi, is something wrong?”

I looked up, revealing my tear-strained eyes.

you -sshi…” Donghae said, taken aback

I forced a smile on my face “Oppa, the truth is I needed to say something very important to you.”

“What is it?” Donghae frowned like a little kid, I’m going to miss that look.

I opened my mouth to speak but it seemed I suddenly became mute. I my lips in frustration and tried again.

“Oppa, the times I’ve spent with you have been fun and those moments will be forever imprinted in my mind but—“

“Are you saying goodbye?” Donghae interrupted

I stared at him. How did he know? Before I could ask him that question, he pulled me into his arms and gave me a tight hug. It took all my might not to cry.

you -sshi, please don’t. Don’t do this.” Donghae’s voice broke and I felt my shoulder starting to get wet. Then I realized he was crying.

I pulled away from him gently. I slowly took off my necklace and put it in his hand “Oppa, goodbye.”

I turned, about to walk away when Donghae grabbed my wrist.

“What happened to our promise? The promise that you were never going to leave me?” Donghae spoke, his voice now strong and calm

I turned and looked at him in the eye, appearing strong “I never meant it. I only said those words because I felt bad for you.”

Donghae’s eyes widened at the sudden confession. His strong grip loosened more and more until he had let go of my hand. I walked away before I could cry in front of him. What have I done?