Clear

Just A Friend ( An Idol's Love Story)

“Why did you come here?” I almost flinched after realizing how cold I sounded

Taeyeon looked at me, with tears in her eyes. “I’m sorry.”

“Sorry? For what?”

“About you and Donghae.” Taeyeon looked down again, playing with her fingers

A sigh escaped my lips “You love him too right?”

Taeyeon slowly nodded her head.

“He’s yours then.” I added

Taeyeon’s head snapped up and revealed her eyes that were wide open. “W-what?”

I looked away “One of us is bound to give up.”

“And you’re saying that you are?” Taeyeon’s voice raised a little

“I’m your junior.” I replied, even to me the reason sounded stupid

“Ya, don’t do that!” Taeyeon heatedly said

I turned to look at her “Why shouldn’t I?”

“Because…because he loves you.” Taeyeon said; I scoffed

“Love? Love, you say? If it’s love, then why am I getting hurt?”

“Because that’s just how love is.” Taeyeon’s voice softened “When you love, you’re bound to get hurt, it’s unavoidable.”

“Yes it is.” I stubbornly replied “The mind overpowers everything, even the heart.”

“Are you saying that you’re giving up on him?” Taeyeon gasped

“If it will put a stop to all this mess then I will.” I answered

Taeyeon continued to stare at me, an expression of bewilderment on her face, but it later turned to anger.

“If you can’t fight for him then you never deserved to love him.” Taeyeon picked up her bag and left the room.

==

I opened my eyes and looked at the ceiling. I tried to fall asleep but failed to do so. Taeyeon’s words rang through my head. Deep down, I knew she was right. I have to settle things once and for all. I’ve avoided things enough.

I was in a daze and my heart was beating nervously. I took a few deep breaths. I lifted my hands, about to knock, when the door opened. Kibum gave me a surprised look then gradually, the corners of his mouth started to lift. I smiled back at him and I entered.

Kibum was happily smiling at me which was making me self-conscious.

“What?” I asked, failing to hide my annoyance

Kibum didn’t say anything and pulled me into a hug.

“Gamsahamnida.” Kibum said, almost in a whisper

I gently pushed Kibum away and furrowed my brows “For what?”

“Don’t play around. Aren’t you here because you chose me?” Kibum said, still smiling

My confusion was replaced by guilt and sadness.

“Kibum..” I started

At that moment, Kibum must have felt that something was wrong and his smile faded. As I looked into his eyes, I saw pain and sadness.

“That’s right.” I said with a forced smile “I came because I chose you.”

Kibum’s smile returned and pulled me in again for another hug.

Donghae, mianhae~

But I can’t seem to bear seeing Kibum hurt, especially when he’s been so good to me.

A few days passed and I continued to spend time with Kibum. I wasn’t happy- especially when I knew this was all a lie. Sometimes, I wondered if Kibum knew since he had this ability to know what I was really feeling or if he just really got fooled. Either way, I really feel guilty about this.

Then one time, I felt Kibum staring at me. I met his eyes and faintly smiled then slowly, he started to lean towards me. When I realized what he was planning to do, I turned my head and looked away. Kibum returned to his original position and started to talk, the smile on his face though seemed forced.

A few more days passed and I was feeling worse.

“Do you love me?” Kibum asked out of the blue

I avoided his eyes and smiled “What kind of question is that?”

I looked at Kibum through the corner of my eye and saw that he was tearing up. I looked away. All of a sudden, I felt Kibum’s arms around me.

“Why are you doing this? You shouldn’t force yourself to love me.”

Tears started to form in my own eyes. I stepped away from him and looked at him in the eyes.

“Ya, why are you like this? You should be angry at me! Why aren’t you getting angry?!” I shook him as tears ran down my face

I was feeling frustrated at his actions. Why is he still thinking about me?

“Go ahead! Curse me if you want, slap me if that’s what you want to do! Please, don’t act like I’m the only one getting hurt here.” My knees started to feel weak and eventually gave up.

I continued crying in my knees. Kibum slowly dropped to his own knees and pulled me into a hug.

“I am hurt but the thing that hurts me the most is seeing you, doing this to yourself, and forcing yourself to love me when you don’t and not because you can’t reciprocate my feelings.” Kibum whispered

And I felt my heart tear a bit from guilt.

After I’ve finally calmed down, I chose to spoke.

“How’d you know?” I asked, my voice hoarse from all the crying

I felt Kibum smile a bit “The necklace.”

I broke away from Kibum’s hug and stared at him “What?”

“You never wore the necklace I gave you.” Kibum stated “You never even realized when you lost it.”

Kibum earned another ‘what’ from me. Slowly, he fished something out of his pocket. It was the necklace he gave me. I looked down at the floor, feeling ashamed.

“Give me Donghae’s necklace.” Kibum held his palm out

“Why?” I asked, getting protective

“Just hand it over.” Kibum commanded

I put my hand on my pocket and pulled out the necklace Donghae gave me.

“Turn around.”

I sighed and turned around. Then I felt something around my hair and neck.

“There.” Kibum declared

My hand flew to my neck and I felt Donghae’s necklace. I turned around to face Kibum.

“Kibum…”

Kibum smiled “Go to him.”

I can’t help flashing a bright smile to Kibum. I gave him a hug and a peck on the cheek “Thank you so much.”

I walked around SM building and bumped into Taeyeon.

“Unnie.” I stared at Taeyeon

Taeyeon bowed down and apologized to how she acted earlier.

“That’s nothing unnie.” I assured her

Taeyeon smiled happily and took my hands in hers.

you , listen to me and listen well, you need to go and find Donghae. No one can deny the fact that you still have feelings for each other.” Taeyeon said

“He does?”

Taeyeon nodded “With all his heart, you.”

I smiled

“And another thing, he never cheated on you. That kiss, I forced myself to him and that only lasted for a second anyway.”

“So it was all just a…” I paused


“A huge and disastrous misunderstanding. you, mianhae~ I didn’t know you guys were together.” Taeyeon pouted

I nodded understandingly “Loves make a person do crazy things.”

“It does. You need to talk to him.”

“I know.” I sighed “And I’m planning to do it, very soon.”

"Ya! Kim Taeyeon! Hurry up will you! " A voice interrupted our little moment. I let up an involuntary gasp as I realized who the voice belonged to. Jessica stood a few metres away from us. She was frowning and had her hands on her hips but there was no anger in her eyes.

I looked at her then back at Taeyeon. Taeyeon grinned at me and squeezed my hand before hooking her arm with Jessica, who gave me a little smile as they took off. I smiled to myself. Everything was going to be ok.

 

===

I'd just like to inform you guys that the story is almost over. 2 more chaps before the finale! :D Thank you so much for the support and comments. It was a surprise because I actually thought this was gonna be ignored because it was actually ignored at first so I sort of gave up early and just posted lots of chapies (since this is just a repost) I'll stop babbling now. Hope you liked this chappie! :D