Chance

Just A Friend ( An Idol's Love Story)

[3rd person POV]

“No wonder she looked so shocked when she opened the door and saw us together.” Taeyeon said, tracing lines on the ground with her finger “I probably caused so much problems in your relationship, I’m sorry.”

“It’s alright.” Donghae ruffled Taeyeon’s hair “What’s done is done.”

“You need to talk to her.”

Donghae sighed “I know, but the problem is she’s been avoiding me.”

“You should catch her by surprise and also you should do it in a romantic way.” Taeyeon advised

“How can saying sorry be romantic?”

“You should bring her flowers or maybe do it like the F4 and have some fireworks.” Taeyeon smiled

Donghae smiled “Ya, I’m not F4.”

“Just do what I say. I’m a girl too.”

“Arasso, arasso.”

==
[MY/YOUR POV]

I stared at Kibum. Could it be that my members were right? That he has feelings for me?

‘You should ask him on a date.’

Should I? What if my members were wrong? Aish, why did they have to tell me all these things? I was happy not knowing.

“Why are you staring at me instead of eating your food?” Kibum asked “Ya, don’t tell me you’ve fallen in love with me.”

I made a face and started to eat my food. Nah, they can’t be right. Kibum doesn’t like me. I’m more like a dongsaeng to him.

“So have you talked to him yet?”

I looked at Kibum, the chopsticks still in my mouth “Hm?”

“Have you talked to Donghae yet?”

I swallowed my food and took the chopsticks out from my mouth “Not yet.”

“When are you planning to do it?”

“If possible, never.” I declared

“Ya—“

“I know, I know.” I interrupted “Look, I’ll do it when I’m ready , ok?”

“Fine.” Kibum sighed

I wasn’t even able to sleep that night because I kept thinking of Kibum. Does he really like me in a way that my members said?

==
I’ve thought about it all night and I’ve decided to ask Kibum on a date. This really felt nerve-wracking, I’ve never really asked someone out before. Maybe I just thought I was in love with Donghae but in my heart Kibum is there. At least that’s what my members say.
I met up with Kibum. It’s the first time I’ve realized how handsome he was and how nice is smile is.

“Are you free later?” I blurted out

“Why?”

Why did I just do that? I shouldn’t have done that.

“Are you…asking me out on a date?” Kibum smirked

“What? No! Just a friend-friend thing.” I said, a little too panicky

Kibum nodded his head but obviously not believing “Ok. Sure, I’m free later. What did you have in mind?”

“I don’t know. I thought we should just do whatever comes in mind.”

Kibum rolled his eyes “Ya, what kind of girl are you? You ask people out on dates but you don’t even plan it.”

“Who said I was asking you out?! I said it was a friend-friend thing.”

Kibum scoffed “Why don’t you just admit it?”

“I have nothing to admit.” I muttered

“Ah~ you’re so annoying.” Kibum said

“If you don’t want to hang out with me then don’t.” I said stubbornly and marched out the door

“Ya, wait for me!” Kibum called out, running after me

==
Kibum and I had this awkward atmosphere. This was the first time we’re actually together. I mean usually we just argue or he’s there to comfort me but we’ve never really talked.

“So..how’s the food?” Kibum asked

“It’s ok, how’s yours?”

“It’s fine.”

“……”

“……”

I cleared my throat and took a sip from my water while Kibum continued eating.For some reason, I suddenly choked on my water and started to cough. Yeah I know, pathetic. Who chokes on water without any reason?! Nevertheless, Kibum was a complete gentleman and didn’t tease me about it like he usually did. That broke the ice though and we started to be comfortable again.

==
“So how was the date?” My members asked as soon as I stepped into the dorm

“I told you guys it wasn’t a date.” I said

The girls giggled.

“Fine, then how was the not-date?” Lyn asked

“It was awkward at first but eventually it was, actually, fun.”

“And…?” Regine had a twinkle in her eye

“Nothing.” I shrugged

“What? No kiss?” Vian raised her eyebrows

“No.”

My members had this expression like “That’s it? Boring.” and returned to their rooms.

==
[Donghae POV]

I went around the flower shop. Following Taeyeon’s advice, I was going to say sorry with flowers. I woke up extra early, the members were even asleep, to make sure that I’ll have enough time and to avoid lines. The teenage girl who was attending to the shop was also following me around and kept on suggesting this and that. She was very helpful and it didn’t take long for me to find the perfect bouquet of flowers.

After that was done, I headed to SM ent. I didn’t have much time since I still had a schedule later so I had to hurry. At first I was riding a taxi but a sudden traffic came so I had no choice but to run.
The first thing I did when I arrived at SM building was to take a shower. It’s a good thing I always carry extra clothes with me.
When I was sure that I looked good, I hurried off to find you . I knew she didn’t have any schedule today, I asked her manager earlier.

I headed towards the room. The members told me that she spends most of her time there. It still remains as a special place to her. I smiled as I remembered when we were locked up there. She was so shy.

I quietly opened the door and saw her with Kibum. They were fooling around and laughing. They looked like a couple. I quietly closed the door and looked at the flowers in my hand. There was nothing I could do with them now. I left them at the door and walked away as both my heart and spirit sank.

==
That night, after the members had a break, I went into another empty room. I haven’t been feeling well since I saw you and Kibum. It’s really hard to keep yourself from crying. When I was finally alone, I let loose and started to cry.
I punched the wall in anger and frustration.

“Oppa?”

I turned around and saw Jessica.

“Oppa, are you alright?”

I didn’t say anything and started for Jessica. When I had reached her, I hugged her tightly and poured out my tears more. Jessica hugged me back as she kept on repeating the words: It’s alright.

-----------------------
I actually don't like the changing POV thing but there's nothing I can do, it's for the story. Anyway, enjoy.